The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

NO! It’s me really, really wanting a Shyish themed Incarnate and it could be any number of things, including a new Endless Spell, a Lightning Gheist, a new Ossiarch thing, or like, 500 other things that I simply haven’t considered yet. 

Its secretly the Gnabzabbler, an overcharged with azyr magic goblin who has stolen some lightning from Sigmar. (or so the story goes)

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I would expect them to be somewhat toned down, seeing how we don't spend points on them any more.

Not like points have ever been that indicative of the power of Endless Spells. ;) 

I hope for some more variety than "moves and deals mortal wounds" though.

5 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I would expect them to be somewhat toned down, seeing how we don't spend points on them any more.

I could see Prismatic Pallisade actually getting a small buff because right now it’s actually just bad. 

Ideally, and I use the word with a great deal of optimism here, they'll be aiming to make all of the manifestations within a given lore equally useful, but designed for different functions.  There's no points costs, but they can still theoretically use the casting roll target to balance stronger manifestions in the same lore.

I think they said we'd see some manifestion warscrolls this week?  So I guess we'll see.

So hypothetically speaking, assuming that it isn't summoned like an Endless Spell, there's no reason not to take Krondspine when you're playing KO, right? Unless they're just going to make Spells in a Bottle a universal army feature. 

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

So hypothetically speaking, assuming that it isn't summoned like an Endless Spell, there's no reason not to take Krondspine when you're playing KO, right? Unless they're just going to make Spells in a Bottle a universal army feature. 

I think you still have to summon it. I expect Krondspine will have a Summon value of like, 10. 

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Manifestations and Faction Terrain preview. 

mDbIKq1Gq45ueCIQ.jpg

Mkl4d9o3QgXsm0kH.jpg

vzsQdOmWSdtPDX4S.jpg

Interestingly that they behave a lot more like actual units now.

We are playing around with the idea of the Spider Incarnate and the post showing us the Krondespire one is here. Coincidence?

Also, I would say the post frequency is increasing. In the last three Tuesdays we didn't have one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Those are some really sick changes, it helps people that don't bring wizards or priests for whatever reason. Love the battlefield wide heal on the Fyreslayers Terrain piece, I wonder if the FEC throne is the same!

The mapwide heal is a change because currently it grants a battlefield wide 6+ Ward and renders it unable to use its other buff for the rest of the battle. The Charnel Throne will definitely be getting reworked though. 

7 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'm really hoping Krondspine has been significantly changed from how it was in 3rd. I really wish they showed off its warscroll as well considering how there's a lot of folks that are pretty apprehensive about it. 

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Stormcast Gheist? 

IMG_7961.jpeg

"coruscating energy" is what i'd call this... we saw the Chaos siphon thing with Abraxia, so maybe another faction gets some ley-line terrain?

edit: energy as in this doesn't look like lightning

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

"coruscating energy" is what i'd call this... we saw the Chaos siphon thing with Abraxia, so maybe another faction gets some ley-line terrain?

Hum... now that you mention that, could it be an aether-gold based scenery for KO? Like if the aether-gold would be flying between small metaliths?

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Very nice ! I'm glad manifestions got real warscrolls like proper units, it's quite logical after all (Manifestations are similar to Daemons and Nighthaunts).

(Only little complaint : the Incarnate should have gone to the Primal Manifestation Lore with Ravenak's Jaw)

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Very nice ! I'm glad manifestions got real warscrolls like proper units, it's quite logical after all (Manifestations are similar to Daemons and Nighthaunts).

(Only little complaint : the Incarnate should have gone to the Primal Manifestation Lore with Ravenak's Jaw)

Maybe the Incarnate is separate because the pool of Incarnates will increase and they want them to have a separate lore?

We never really used endless spells before, but now that it behaves more like a unit I think we will use it a lot more. It seems a good change!

Hopefully summoning different kind of creatures will be a thing in AoS 4th. It would be cool to have one day an AoS Monstrous Arcanum with a huge selection of monsters/incarnates to summon.

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

We never really used endless spells before, but now that it behaves more like a unit I think we will use it a lot more. It seems a good change!

Hopefully summoning different kind of creatures will be a thing in AoS 4th. It would be cool to have one day an AoS Monstrous Arcanum with a huge selection of monsters/incarnates to summon.

Especially if those are not tied or restricted to a faction. A product that could be potentially bought by the whole playrbase? GW approves.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum... now that you mention that, could it be an aether-gold based scenery for KO? Like if the aether-gold would be flying between small metaliths?

i always thought aethergold was more like... clouds of vapor? this could be some kind of metalith though, i don't think it's lightning per-se

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i always thought aethergold was more like... clouds of vapor? this could be some kind of metalith though, i don't think it's lightning per-se

Yeah. Aether-gold is more steamy, but I don't know why that idea came to my mind xD