The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

4th prob early July are we thinking? 

And yes, it feels super deflating to buy rules that'll be out of date in a month. I just bought two boxes of darkoath, but I'm weirdly not hype at all about them. 

It's not like soulblight at the end of second ed. These rules will be invalidated at the turn of the edition.

A couple of rumour mongers said June 22nd. However, it is not clear if it is a preorder announcement or the release day.

48 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Differences in classification methods : I haven't finished looking at all the armies you've covered, but I count Underworlds/Warcry kits separately, I don't count endless spells/faction terrains, or certain double-kits that you've counted separately (Mathlann's Eidolon springs to mind)... small differences that don't detract from the quality of your data. ;) 

And it made me realise that I'd only missed the Black Ark Fleet Master or Cogsmith which have disappeared from the GW site... So thanks to you for the update !

Ha? I will double-check that. If the same kit is appearing two times as separate items it is a mistake. I shouldn't be counting them either.

5 minutes ago, Draznak said:

@Elarin said 29th june to release date if i remember correctly.

Yeah, but he was not 100% sure.

On 3/22/2024 at 5:49 AM, Elarin said:

My source has been wrong in the past, so we'll see - I'm not 100% confident with my date and your timeline makes a lot of sense as I've heard that GW has been trying to make the biggest new thing to be released on the first Saturday of each month, but it hasn't always been possible lately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, I spent two months hunting that Yndrasta book down and they just make it appear anyway like a bolt coming down from high Azyr. 😂

Excited for the Mortal Realms one and hope DB6 is soon so Abraxia can lead all this new Darkoath armies popping up👹

Also,

@KingBrodd

Kroot seem to be opening up the doors to new Destruction ideas. 🤔 ❄️ 

Im also incredibly excited to get my hands on Yndrasta's novel!!

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm leaning toward Jezzails being tomorrow's mini. They feel like a close enough "elite" counter part, with an entire unit to show off. It depends on how big the Ogor is, though. The trailer didn't make it look enormous, nor too augmented. I wonder how they will help distinguish it from Stormfiends. If it becomes a monstrous unit a la the Screamer-Killer, I doubt we'll see it. But if they retain the role as multi-model shock units, then I guess tomorrow's an option.

As for Undivided Daemons... I would *love* for GW to do a whole range of cybernetic daemons a la the Soulgrinder or the enemies from DOOM. Lots of twisted empyreal flesh given temporary form by crude machines. Obviously more at home in 40K, to go with Vashtorr, but depending on the sophistication of the technology, they could fit in the Mortal Realms as well.

Here's hoping Chaos Dwarfs (and Skaven, really) will show us some truly bonkers stuff!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Waiting another two months will be agony. As soon as we get the full core rules I want to just start playing.

I’m surprised to hear some people are already taking the tiny bits of rules we have so far and flavoring their games with them to get a taste of the new edition and are really enjoying it.

Between that and how amazing the starter boxes already look AoS4 is gonna burst out of the starting gates. 🎉 

(So I am stock piling my hobby funds to grab all the launch stuff ASAP. I’m doubting we’ll have another Dominion situation with the hype levels already going high now)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I'm leaning toward Jezzails being tomorrow's mini. They feel like a close enough "elite" counter part, with an entire unit to show off. It depends on how big the Ogor is, though. The trailer didn't make it look enormous, nor too augmented. I wonder how they will help distinguish it from Stormfiends. If it becomes a monstrous unit a la the Screamer-Killer, I doubt we'll see it. But if they retain the role as multi-model shock units, then I guess tomorrow's an option.

As for Undivided Daemons... I would *love* for GW to do a whole range of cybernetic daemons a la the Soulgrinder or the enemies from DOOM. Lots of twisted empyreal flesh given temporary form by crude machines. Obviously more at home in 40K, to go with Vashtorr, but depending on the sophistication of the technology, they could fit in the Mortal Realms as well.

Here's hoping Chaos Dwarfs (and Skaven, really) will show us some truly bonkers stuff!

Those demons seem a pretty good fit for Hashut.

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m surprised to hear some people are already taking the tiny bits of rules we have so far and flavoring their games with them to get a taste of the new edition and are really enjoying it.

Between that and how amazing the starter boxes already look AoS4 is gonna burst out of the starting gates. 🎉 

(So I am stock piling my hobby funds to grab all the launch stuff ASAP. I’m doubting we’ll have another Dominion situation with the hype levels already going high now)

And Skaven being more appealing than Krules.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

Differences in classification methods : I haven't finished looking at all the armies you've covered, but I count Underworlds/Warcry kits separately, I don't count endless spells/faction terrains, or certain double-kits that you've counted separately (Mathlann's Eidolon springs to mind)... small differences that don't detract from the quality of your data. ;) 

And it made me realise that I'd only missed the Black Ark Fleet Master or Cogsmith which have disappeared from the GW site... So thanks to you for the update !

the fleetmaster was on range rotation for a while before the purge, the corsairs are still there so I feel like he'll stick around

On 4/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, Mutton said:

I'll ask this again to get back to rumors, but what the heck does the green fill color mean for the Save value? Does it mean anything at all?

Some people suggest it makes it "easier to read" but I disagree; it's not more legible than white on black. Why only the Save value? Why was no other stat colored? If you were to color a value green, the first instinct would be Health. Health is always green in games. From a purely visual aesthetic, it looks bad. None of the most common answers people have given make sense to me.

Either there is some hidden meaning we're not aware of yet, or it was a pointless, incohesive whim of graphic design. This is like my white whale of AoS 4th.

if it isn't to make the save easily readable at a glance, my theory is the green allows rerolling 1s to save? idk, it's very annoying that nothing has been said about this. all the warscrolls we've seen have been for heroes or more elite units that COULD have some kind of extra save rule

oh yeah btw @Ejecutor forgot to edit it yesterday but here the lore & image about the whole "CoS lacking gunpowder is BS"

Commanders of the Fastness  Believed that there is no problem that cannot be solved with sufficient firepower. Their Dawnbringer host boast many Fusilier regiments. ironweld contraptions, steam walkers, gholemkind mercenaries and perhaps the greatest assemblage of artillery in all the Mortal realm

gun.png.2882276ecd43244cf3afa4e41b5574bc.png

Ironweld Arsenal

A guild unto itself, the Ironweld Arsenal specializes in the welding of blackpowder and the creation of war engines. It counts talented human engineers as well as duardin among it numbers though it typically seen as a duardin-led institution. 

then there just a bunch of musket and guns across all fiction; the resent Gotrek short The One Road start off with the carriage rider armed with a musket, Callis and Toll miniature having then armed with flintlocks, the witch hunter warband has three guys having with guns one gal having a repeater, Cursed City witch hunter had a stake launch hunting rifle, The resent DB short had a scientist with a double barrel shotgun  

Soulbound is like the biggest offender as show off the military industry of cities of sigmar 

Ironweld Arsenal - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Ironweld_Arsenal_Factory_01.jpg

Greywater Fasntess shenanigans - Soulbound: Blackened Earth art :  r/ageofsigmar

it even in the back of the box

image.jpeg.be6e473cb649d8d50b7f8b582877a846.jpeg

so yeah regardless of whether or not shooting going to be tone down there definitely be guns and artillery for CoS future. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Keep in mind though 40K starters boxset sellout is mostly because the population is magnitude larger then AoS.

for context the 40K trailer manage to get 2.3 M views on YouTube while AoS 4th is stuck at 493K (Dominion manage to settle at 1.2M now)

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh yeah btw @Ejecutor forgot to edit it yesterday but here the lore & image about the whole "CoS lacking gunpowder is BS"

gun.png.2882276ecd43244cf3afa4e41b5574bc.png

then there just a bunch of musket and guns across all fiction; the resent Gotrek short The One Road start off with the carriage rider armed with a musket, Callis and Toll miniature having then armed with flintlocks, the witch hunter warband has three guys having with guns one gal having a repeater, Cursed City witch hunter had a stake launch hunting rifle, The resent DB short had a scientist with a double barrel shotgun  

Soulbound is like the biggest offender as show off the military industry of cities of sigmar 

Ironweld Arsenal - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Ironweld_Arsenal_Factory_01.jpg

Greywater Fasntess shenanigans - Soulbound: Blackened Earth art :  r/ageofsigmar

it even in the back of the box

image.jpeg.be6e473cb649d8d50b7f8b582877a846.jpeg

so yeah regardless of whether or not shooting going to be tone down there definitely be guns and artillery for CoS future. 

Nice! I always found confusing that a fire weapons heavy army like CoS is lacking gunpowder.

Also, where is the pic with the big cannon attacked by Skavens from?

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nice! I always found confusing that a fire weapons heavy army like CoS is lacking gunpowder.

Also, where is the pic with the big cannon attacked by Skavens from?

Age of Sigmar: Soulbound - Greywater Fastness. Has a bunch of cool artwork like the Rattletrap mount

@Asbestress profile pic is also from said supplement book. Thyrissa Steelwater a Wanderer turn captain of of the Greycaps Freeguild

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Age of Sigmar: Soulbound - Greywater Fastness. Has a bunch of cool artwork like the Rattletrap mount

@Asbestress profile pic is also from said supplement book. Thyrissa Steelwater a Wanderer turn captain of of the Greycaps Freeguild

Checking 👀

image.png.2575afde673f0bef86022f48a6faeea2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Any rumors about potentially seeing Endless Spells split up into individual sets for the Lore of Manifestation?

I don't think so because the first manifestation lore they talked about had spells from 3 different sprues? 

I would assume the next two would be split like the following and still each lore would be from seperate sprues

Construct Manifestation Lore
-Umbral Spell Portal
-Chromatic Cogs
-Aethervoid Pendulum
-Quicksilver Swords

Elemental(?) Manifestation Lore
-Gnashing Jaws
-Flaming Skull
-Prismatic Palisade
-Geminids 

So odds are it will be sold as a full set of 3 lores. 

Edited by DinoJon

2 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

If they ever did a Vashtorr range I'd have to buy it just to paint; he's too sick. I'd be beyond stoked if Chaos Duardin looked anything like that 

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Those demons seem a pretty good fit for Hashut.

Yessss I bought some of the old Reaper Mancubi from Doom it'd be fun to have friends for em

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

4th prob early July are we thinking? 

And yes, it feels super deflating to buy rules that'll be out of date in a month. I just bought two boxes of darkoath, but I'm weirdly not hype at all about them. 

It's not like soulblight at the end of second ed. These rules will be invalidated at the turn of the edition.

If I was GW I'd write these rules for 4th edition first then adjust them for third. That way they will still play the way you expect in 4th. It would be a real bummer if the oath rules and the wilderfiend replacing dead heroes doesn't make it into 4th. 

GW have also promised that there will 4th edition rules for the regiments of renown. Again you'd hope that the playstyle of each regiment remains basically the same. 

They'd still be invalidating rules but at least players would be able to have broadly similar play experiences with the minis they bought.

As for Dawnbringers 6, I suspect most people will be buying it for the lore. That's certainly why I'll be buying it. I'm actually more excited for it than any other book in the series. 

• Like 4