The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, RollSixxess said:

At half an inch coherency, we may as well just throw everything on squares and become ‘Warhammer The New World’ or something bc that’s WILD 

Warhammer The New Old World.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Correct. If the models are magnetised, these trays work like wonder.

I played in a recent tournament with someone with these and he was fine until he needed to pile-in, whereby they became a total hindrance.

35 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

At half an inch coherency, we may as well just throw everything on squares and become ‘Warhammer The New World’ or something bc that’s WILD 

Lord of the Realms 

image.jpeg.70d8fee309d2251ee947ddedca87bc63.jpeg

(which LotR was one of the game rules used in AoS1’ rule designs so we may have come full circle to a blob block game)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

In a couple of weeks they will probably preview their new movement trays 😄 . Like War of the Rings had.

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Lord of the Realms 

image.jpeg.70d8fee309d2251ee947ddedca87bc63.jpeg

(which was one of the game rules used in AoS1’ rule designs so we may have come full circle to a blob block game)

Lol, you can't compare the GW LotR mini's. They are in scale 25mm (much smaller than AoS mini's and not really dynamic). I am amazed that some here are so positive about that 0,5" change, as it will be cumbersome mid game. It will be a lot fiddling. Lots of AoS mini's are not designed to be placed so closely together. But lol, for some AoS can do nothing wrong.

It's an unnecessary change, that will only results in frustration. It has nothing to do with rules, balance or gameplay. It's a bizar decision.

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

In a couple of weeks they will probably preview their new movement trays 😄 . Like War of the Rings had.

Lol, you can't compare the GW LotR mini's. They are in scale 25mm (much smaller than AoS mini's and not really dynamic). I am amazed that some here are so positive about that 0,5" change, as it will be cumbersome mid game. It will be a lot fiddling. Lots of AoS mini's are not designed to be placed so closely together. But lol, for some AoS can do nothing wrong.

It's an unnecessary change, that will only results in frustration. It has nothing to do with rules, balance or gameplay. It's a bizar decision.

I just push my mortek up in a blob and it’s never too much of an issue when my guys are already packed in like sardines. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, you can't compare the GW LotR mini's

You literally said LotR movement trays before that. 😂

It fits the same though, closer blocks but they still will have enough room between troops to move around, rotate into better positions and pile in or slide around terrain.(not to mention the troops like draconith & gossamids who get extra coherency to do more)

I mean this is almost the same debates we had when the AoS3 rules dropped and people blew up about closer coherency rules then too.

We’ll adapt and keep have fun with our heroic blobs and solo heroes like always. Especially with how great the rest of the rules look. 👍 ️ 

Edited by Baron Klatz

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Or maybe they focus on things thar they like (not me, I usually cry about stuff that nobody gives a f).

Yeah, but I think most is looking fine. I quite like how strong those Kroxigors are now and I can appreciate the rock paper scissors approach which gives each unit a well defined task. It's clear that the game is focussed on competive play with lots of casualties once in melee. 

But that 0,5" approach I really don't see the benefit of it. I only see negatives. What is the purpose of it? I don't play in a competive environment, so nobody really abuses the rules. Same as we don't abuse the rules with TOW. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

It fits the same though, closer blocks but they still will have enough room between troops to move around, rotate into better positions and pile in or slide around terrain.(not to mention the troops like draconith & gossamids who get extra coherency to do more)

I mean this is almost the same debates we had when the AoS3 rules dropped and people blew up about closer coherency rules then too.

We’ll adapt and keep have fun with our heroic blobs and solo heroes like always. Especially with how great the rest of the rules look. 👍 ️ 

Honestly, this is exactly what I would like from GW to be released for AoS xD

War of the Ring Infantry Movement Trays - Lord Of The Rings

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

we'll adapt yeah, but coherency was the biggest and most common complaint of all of aos3. Makes me wonder if they thought the complaint was only because we couldn't fight with all our models.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, but as I said, you can't compare the non heroic 25mm scale of LotR mini's with AoS 32-34 heroic scale mini's. Both are beautiful, but are very different in size, which reflects how much easier it is to place them base to base. As you don't see that I don't what to say.

Now the coherency rules are even more closer and you can post what you want, but for a good part of the new AoS mini's this is problematic even with movement trays.

Edited by Tonhel

Love the rules changes.  I agree the coherency stuff might be annoying, but I think some of you are thinking it's a more common issue than it is.  Yes, nighthaunt and wing-a-ling models won't like it.  I actually am super lazy and stick most of my dudes base to base anyway (a habit I picked up from my Lumineth army) and space-wise it works for most kits.  

I own 17 armies at the moment:

• Khorne
  • Tzeentch
  • Slaves to Darkness
  • Slaanesh
  • SCE
  • CoS
  • Seraphon
  • KO
  • IDK
  • Sylvaneth
  • Lumineth
  • DoK
  • Ogors
  • Warclans
  • GSG
  • SoB
  • Nighthaunt

I can confidently say that across all those armies the only units that I know will have issues with this are a few flyers (like terradons in my seraphon, the occasional skywarden spear jutting out the side, gossamids, spiteriders), a few ultra dynamic poses (namarti if you position them too much on the edge which I have done, witch elves in the same scenario).  It's a fairly niche issue that I'm confident can be resolved.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If they really wanted to avoid conga lines or whatever the problem was with 1" coherency. They should have done something like KoW. Give each unit a fixed dimension / Footprint. It speeds up the game and you don't have to pile in. All the new rules still would work with it. (I think).

KoW%203rd%20Edition%20Basing%20Table%20standard

Edited by Tonhel

18 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

we'll adapt yeah, but coherency was the biggest and most common complaint of all of aos3. Makes me wonder if they thought the complaint was only because we couldn't fight with all our models.

possibly, a lot of people wanted more attacks in so it could’ve been overlayed with their conga line concerns which were growing in frequency through Aos3(whole rows of Snarlfangs or boars lines up nose to tail to cut off half the board and one guy got completely pushed out from his Beastmen ambushes since the over guy stretched his troops out to cover the table so he won Round 1)

Tons of complications in design work and for how fast & easy they want AoS4 to be this was probably the best they could do that wasn’t yell “Conga Lines are Illegal!!!” xD 

16 minutes ago, willange said:

I can confidently say that across all those armies the only units that I know will have issues with this are a few flyers (like terradons in my seraphon, the occasional skywarden spear jutting out the side, gossamids, spiteriders), a few ultra dynamic poses (namarti if you position them too much on the edge which I have done, witch elves in the same scenario).  It's a fairly niche issue that I'm confident can be resolved.

Yeah a half inch between Rounds is better than people are giving it credit for.

And remember stuff like Gossamids, Prosecutors and other big units got special coherency rules on their Warscrolls that have them extra space. So they’ll still be good and possibly we could see it keyworded to units that could also have problems there.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

possibly, a lot of people wanted more attacks in so it could’ve been overlayed with their conga line concerns which were growing in frequency through Aos3(whole rolls of Snarlfangs or boars lines up nose to tail to cut off half the board and one guy got completely pushed out from his Beastmen ambushes since the over guy stretched his troops out to cover the table so he won around 1)

This bugs me immensly. Who plays like that. Probably a WAAC tournament player. I can't image my friends would play like that. It would be a real shame that it is because such mentality that they invent something as the 0,5" coherency rule. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Red King said:

Games workshops Instagram: "What's your favorite faction!"

Oopsie. That keeps going for every comment with more than 10 likes.

Screenshot_20240417-141540_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240417-141529_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240417-141517_Instagram.jpg

Your Mum seems like a popular choice

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I’m just happy the OG Liberator & Fyreslayers are getting some excellent rep on their Facebook. 😄👍

But yeah. Beast fans are allowed the salt mine  on this. And probably the one angry Bonesplitterz fan in that herd.

(at least I hope those are BoC fans and not just the “Rawr Games Wokeshop!!” crowd making false anger like on Twitter.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

While the BoC situation is sad, you have to feel a little sorry for Bonesplitterz. 900 replies and I only noticed one person saying Bonesplitterz. 

In the end it is not the same. BoC has much more content.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

If they really wanted to avoid conga lines or whatever the problem was with 1" coherency. They should have done something like KoW. Give each unit a fixed dimension / Footprint. It speeds up the game and you don't have to pile in. All the new rules still would work with it. (I think).

KoW%203rd%20Edition%20Basing%20Table%20standard

"speeds up the game" followed by an entirely overwhelming and unnecessary chart to memorise

• Like 10