The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Interesting that none of them match this picture. The icons on his chest are switched. 42A20821-EE7D-42A3-A587-10915ED7DECB.jpeg.7690c7d09a4557d21301177f9bb3f14e.jpeg.4f3d685d03032dd22fec9d662cae51d9.jpeg

Is this a hero or another unit. 

So far for the Stormcast side of the box we have:

10 liberators 

3 reclusians with 2 helpers

3 or 5 prosecutors 

1 lord vigilant on crow. 

1 cover star hero

1 or 3 pictured above. (Edit no it's the unit champion) 

Is that the full set? 

Edit Still a couple of heroes to see then. 

Edit the picture above is the champion flipped. 

If we got the CoS cameo then we could have some extra stuff indeed.

10 minutes ago, MitGas said:

They're looking great. Quite busy overall, kinda remind me of the SM Honor Guard or similarly blinged up figures but it works for them.

They are good. A bit fancy and generally in line with the most recent Stormcast: Annihilators, Praetors etc. It is funny, though... the "easy to paint" argument was raised time and time again with regard to SCE - and here we are, with Reclusians in the starter box.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

Uh huh. But those are narrative themes. We're talking about visual themes. Thats not the same thing.

For Chorfs, they are pretty much the same thing!

They'll likely have fire or flames; Tauruses, while it's never been represented on the model, are so hot that it is problematic to be close to them and they breathe fire. Since Horns of Hashut still have Bull vibes and Hashut is still their patron god, I would expect "problematic heat" to still be somewhere in the range, likely in a more visual aspect than in the past. There were two forgeworld sorcerers with fireballs, the K'daii, and the Magma Cannon previously that had "burning" as a major visual staple. Horns of Hashut each have a flamethrower-wielder in the unit, so I'd expect fire to stick around.

Slavery was never directly represented on the tabletop with a kit: Hobgrots are slave-drivers and slavers, Chorfs use slavery but "slaves" were represented by O&G kits. I'm not so sure we'll see slavery directly represented on the tabletop in 2024; I think Horns were whipped up to fulfill that role instead. The miniatures themselves have scarring, their helmets are fused to them ritualistically, their original cultures have been completely replaced by the Chorf monoculture; I'd be surprised if they made a worse slave unit when Skavenslaves are potentially in question as "will they even exist in 4th?"

Industry will be part of their vibe on the tabletop. Their two "teaser" units have featured grenades and flamethrowers; things unique to the setting so far. The only places of interest that have been mentioned as their have been industrial fortifications, and their niche in the chaos roster is "the guys who make the cannons." Mutations/barbarians is def the Slaves to Darkness staple

We don't have much about their deal otherwise, but "bulls" will be there. Hashut is still a bull-god, the Horns all have bull iconography, and "bulls" are very wrapped in the faction identity; I'd anticipate some sort of Bull Centaur unit along with their Great or Bale Taurus as character mounts. Also the Lammasu, originally from Assyrian mythology, is a bull-creature that has been WHF'd for the Chorfs. With the Horns and Hobgrots, we have a pretty good idea of what direction a chorf release could go

edit; also I love the nucasts, the emotional support grandson is a great idea

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I mean on the one hand they look cool at a glance.

On the other they're just overly busy stormcast minis that look like good guy chaos lords and don't really live up to the hopes we had for ruination before they started showing us stuff.

Don't get me wrong they are neat but look at people's speculations before they showed off the ruination chamber and after. We're settling.

Edited by The Red King

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

They are good. A bit fancy and generally in line with the most recent Stormcast: Annihilators, Praetors etc. It is funny, though... the "easy to paint" argument was raised time and time again with regard to SCE - and here we are, with Reclusians in the starter box.

And we finally got a box with another Order faction appart from SCE 😅

3 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

What Is the Meaning of the Berserk Symbol?

Stance even reminds me of Mr. cardboard-cutoutcast / bookcast.

Feels like a solid nod to me.

I just really hope that Sigmar doesn't have romantic partner, if we're going with the berserk inspiration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Flippy said:

Well, you gotta appreciate a good challenge sometimes! Frankly, they don‘t seem THAT difficult to paint either, there have been quite detailed ones before. 

Get a decent silver, wash, do the edges and a big part of them is done well. I‘d say the hardest part are the brighter bits but that‘s less about skill and more about patience. 

I don‘t think I‘ll ever collect SC but I certainly prefer these guys to the basic ones… not sure how much of an argument ease of painting is for others, it’s irrelevant to me but I also know people that just want to hurry through it. I think SC still tick that box as most minis in their range are quite straight-forward.

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

On the other they're just overly busy stormcast minis that look like good guy chaos lords

Yeah, probably explains why I like them. Those guys mixed with the Curseling are what I really wanna see for DoT one day. 

Oh my god, I love how new Stormcast significantly changed the style with this new Darksouls-BlackTemplars-Berserkerish vibes. Must keep head cool and not start a new army, when the pile of shame is still so big. But I just can't - GW made a good work here. Chances I am going to start SCE are higher every new reveal.

6 minutes ago, Flippy said:

You have to have some models in the easy to paint faction that are more challenging to allow painters to progress their skills in the same faction. Same as with the Terminator Librarian or the Bladgeguard. It's possible these will be in the launch box but not in the actual starters, or they could be in both. Either way they're still easier to paint than lots of other things in the range.

And personally, they look really good to me. Looking forward to adding a unit or two to my collection, and I love the idea of priests grounding them by reading off their deeds and names endlessly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I mean on the one hand they look cool at a glance.

On the other they're just overly busy stormcast minis that look like good guy chaos lords and don't really live up to the hopes we had for ruination before they started showing us stuff.

Don't get me wrong they are neat but look at people's speculations before they showed off the ruination chamber and after. We're settling.

I'm holding out some hope we see some really phenomenal stuff come out of the chamber instead of the "not-paladins" we're getting so far. I like the service-dog grandkids but I loved the paladins

• Haha 1

Damn those look great, the best stormcast so far. I hope we get more humans with them. That would suit the army much more as elite warriors and their court. 

I hope we get more „religious” stormcast and new flagellates ! 

• Like 3