The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

For me it is the weapons. Specifically the handle. A weapon swap and done!

I agree, nothing except the weapons seems to be too futuriscal for us. 

Hoewever, I have some doubt about it. It's like we add a Dreadnought Stormcast tomorrow, yes it can be cool and appropriate to the universe, but GW "already do it" for another one universe. It's like we are too bone-lazy to have our own ideas. I already hear the Anti-AoS from 40k and WFB talk about it. Same idea with the concept of Slent People.

I know it's irrationnal but I want that the others Warhammer Fans can see ours mini/armies and don't say with sarcasm "Yes a fantasy [insert 40kian idea]"

Except that, I could buy Mandrake for Chaos Daemons ( I don't really play so I don't care about rules)

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is it me, or you could easily kitbash the new Mandrakes into sick looking AoS models for use in a DOK army or even as Chaos elves ?

I'm definitely going to kitbash some of their bits onto some warlocks, the flaming weapons and shadow cloak bits will make good parts for unit leaders too

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Seem like there are still a few gaps in for Warcry bands for the season ahead - Gloomspite, Ironjawz, Idoneth, Beasts, Skaven, Khadarons, and Slaanesh at a glance

GW give us GHR Human followers-slaves ! We need-want that Yes-yes ! 

Edited by Gaball Slaaneshi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is it me, or you could easily kitbash the new Mandrakes into sick looking AoS models for use in a DOK army or even as Chaos elves ?

We, Drukhari players, have been using Namartis for years to play as Mandrakes, so the circle is completed xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

Seem like there are still a few gaps in for Warcry bands for the season ahead - Gloomspite, Ironjawz, Idoneth, Beasts, Skaven, Khadarons, and Slaanesh at a glance

21 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

The river elves are finally here! Now if we can just get some sea elves...

I think Idoneth and Kharadron are thw next most likely Order candidates for a Warband.

Beasts of Chaos for, well, Chaos.

Gloomspite for Destruction.

Soulblight again for Death or they just sit out for a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

Most if not all of these factions could probably get a warband if the next season is anything like the current season.

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

As Orruks Warclans spot is already taken by Kruelboyz, I'm not sure GW will add an extra band with Ironjawz... I'm guessing that GW will want to give one to armies that don't already have one, like the ones you mentioned: Gloomspite, Kharadrons, Idoneth, etc. So that all AoS armies have at least one Warcry band.

After all, there are only 6 factions left to fill (excluding SoB, which are separate). This can be done relatively quickly, in a year at the most, and with three boxes, it's a done deal.

After that... We'll see.

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Another cool idea would be a new hag (New breed or existing, just no more dankholds please.) with a handful of critters, squigs, etc.

Similar to a Mollog style warband. 

Narratively it fits as well with all the magic going on from the downed lizard ship. 

"Mama's looking for some new shiny bo-jangles and fancy new glowy what itz. You landing in my jungle so now its MINE!" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I think Idoneth and Kharadron are thw next most likely Order candidates for a Warband.

Beasts of Chaos for, well, Chaos.

Soulblight again for Death or they just sit out for a while.

Slaanesh should be the next chaos one, I'm not convinced they'd do khorne, nurgle and tzeentch all in a row and not have a slaanesh warband designed too. Soulblight have the zombies and skeletons side to be explored more which could be done well with a warband. Flesh golems maybe? I do also think that the next WC set will be in a new setting, going by kill team we'll have a long break after the new edition comes out and then a new setting 

5 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

New 4th editon rules look neat

IMG_3841.jpg?ex=661c76b5&is=660a01b5&hm=f57f19a5ff2481fcf8e285b0768fa4ce10f5358df8e59118146608495ff6ef9d&=&format=webp&width=1440&height=307

This is going in the Skarrenoffri Damakronn, a grudgesuit will be issued within the following shift of the Strahlstrom. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm curious to see what build options the riverblades have, If any. I don't mind the less armoured models in the warband but if there's an option to kit them all out with the full masks and armour that's definitely how I'm building them, though that might be expecting too much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pyrk said:

Have there been any murmurs about when the Darkoath box will be going up for preorder?

I expect with DB6, maybe a few weeks, probably within April it'll go up for preorder 

Wonder what the GW April Fools will be? A few years back they did the squat/votan teaser video which IMO was genius.

I’d love something similar for Chorfs! But maybe too soon, next year perhaps.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Is that guess? Or have you heard something?

That’s what I was told when I asked a gw employee. Obviously things change all the time but he hasn’t been wrong before!

• Thanks 2