The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

some GHB rumours collated

battle tactics:

1. more friendly units wholly outside your territory than friendly units within your territory
  2. kill a unit that destroyed a friendly general earlier in the battle
  3. pick a unit bonded to an endless spell or incarnate, succeeds if you kill the unit, make the incarnate wild, make the endless spell wild, make the endless spell controlled/ bound to a friendly unit
  4. cast 1 or more spells and ensure NONE of your spells were unbound
  5. kill a nominated unit with damage from a spell or endless spell
  6. retreat with 2 or more units, charge with 2 or more units
  7. make a charge with 1 or more friendly heroes and 1 or more friendly battleline and at least 1 of those units is still within 3" of an enemy unit at the end of the turn
  8. pick 3 different friendly units on the battlefield, complete the tactic if each of those units is wholly within 6" of a different board edge and 2 or more of those units are wholly outside your territory

Geminids is gross again

No commands till end of turn

Unbind range is now done to spell portal not to hero for spellportal

primal dice:
Start of each turn both players roll a dice. For each 4+ rolled both players get a primal dice. (if both players roll a 4+ both get 2 dice). Then when casting after you have made the casting roll but before any rerolls (cant be used with a reroll) you can add a primal dice in to your CV and roll for the result. You can do this as many times as you like.

Then your opponent rolls their unbind and can do the same thing

if double 1 is rolled in any combination for the cast it does a big miscast which is

3+D3 to the caster and D3 to every other unit within 3. If 2 6s are rolled the spell cant be unbound and both players get another primal dice

Wonder if we going to see a lot of big casters with this higher risk.
Battletactics seem hard to do.

52 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Some of those tactics are impossible to achieve for a few factions. Having tactics that are literally unscorable is a huge disadvantage.

While Matched Play is supposed to be the most fair way to play AoS,  the balance between battle tactics within both seasons and battletomes has been terrible for the whole edition. I feel bad for someone who decided to start AoS with SoB, I really hope this won’t happen again in v4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sigmarusvult said:

While Matched Play is supposed to be the most fair way to play AoS,  the balance between battle tactics within both seasons and battletomes has been terrible for the whole edition. I feel bad for someone who decided to start AoS with SoB, I really hope this won’t happen again in v4.

i hope for tournament play we wont allow book tactics..

for sons.. i feel sorry

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I think its AOS turn for a Christmas mini. Then again its 40K Edition sooooo...

How about a Stormcast Lord-Lieutenant? 😎 Leftus Tarnant, the hammer of Sigmar (so creative wow), shall rock the realms! 🤙

• Like 1

Nice to have the Path to Glory rules for free. I would start a small narrative Rotbringers warband starting with the Harbinger of Decay to finish off 3rd edition. I have a few Nurgle Ogres and Trolls from Warhammer Forge that still need to see the sickly light of day. But the Warcry and Chaos Daemons backlog is staggeringly high so it's a no-no.

BTW I hope Saturday we'll also see something about the new Azyrite building. Looks pretty intact to me.

DowKIcnV8e6uGLas.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Nice to have the Path to Glory rules for free. I would start a small narrative Rotbringers warband starting with the Harbinger of Decay to finish off 3rd edition. I have a few Nurgle Ogres and Trolls from Warhammer Forge that still need to see the sickly light of day. But the Warcry and Chaos Daemons backlog is staggeringly high so it's a no-no.

BTW I hope Saturday we'll also see something about the new Azyrite building. Looks pretty intact to me.

DowKIcnV8e6uGLas.jpg

Summon @CommissarRotke, Lieutenant @Asbestress and @The Lost Sigmarite

• LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Wait a minute... So, does it mean that Harbingers will only bring PtG rules? No Matched Play? Because that would be a very disappointing turn of events.

Because they start to seperate them a while back, Match play will be in the GHB specifically and then narrative rule will be inCrusade and Dawnbringer books

Edited by novakai

28 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

DowKIcnV8e6uGLas.jpg

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I really hope we see these fully revealed soon. Honestly expecting these either for Dawnbringer II or III, depending on how the narrative goes, as it seems Harbringers will be set before the Crusade itself begins. If we get the Twin Crusades setting off in book II, I could see us getting these in kit form for book III, to represent the "one will fall, one will rise" settlements having been founded.

On the scenery itself, my only gripe (now that we have some more good quality pics) is that the rooftops feel a bit plain. These rooftop balconies are better for gameplay, but visually there's something that's not quite perfect to me (a dome/A frame roof option would have been really cool, but I guess there's the Gondor Manor for that). I'm also interested in how cross-compatible these will be with the current "under construction" variants to maybe make some multi-level construction sites. I'm also weirdly warming up to this scenery fitting in with the new Cities minis. They complement each other pretty nicely imho, with the gritty yet still "civilized"/refined equipment of the troops protecting these pristine white structures.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

They're not even hiding the complete Azyrite buildings anymore... they know the cat's out of the bag so they don't care and act as if this is an officially revealed kit (it isn't). 

And I do hope my local GW builds and paints this new scenery. And yes like @HorticulusTGA I'm gonna start a small army for the end of 3rd (spoiler it's CoS), my other hobby projects are going to an end and I need to come back to AoS. Gonna start by painting 480 pts in one single mini (aka painting Gotrek).

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

DowKIcnV8e6uGLas.jpg

This pic just reminds me that the Deathdealer-Nurgle herald is a true beauty... he's filling that spot of old Napoleon-Archaon - not overdesigned but perfect as is, a true mini for collectors, not just players. The buildings are sexy too. Might get one... I've got quite a few of the ruined (and beautiful Warcry ones) but there's a certain joy in owning way too much scenery I guess.

• Like 3

FEC hero got to be with 3" of an enemy unit and friendly unit (at the end a charge) and the opponent has to wilfully choose the option you want to fit an already situational ability... And then you roll against their bravery (if that option is chosen). That's a lot of jank and its also a 6W unit with a 5+ save who has to be in the thick of things.

Yeah, that's a no from me. Shame though since it is a really cool model. Could have some play with summoning but that's a big maybe.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Because they start to seperate them a while back, Match play will be in the GHB specifically and then narrative rule will be inCrusade and Dawnbringer books

Sure, however narrative campaign =\= Path to Glory ruleset. You can have a great narrative campaign using the Matched Play rules, for which Thondia was a great example, for one. If PtG is the only thing that's there, gameplay wise, then the book is suddenly addressed to a much narrower audience, while the rest of us will be buying it only for the fluff.

And if that's the case, from instabuy, I, pesronally, feel like I moved a wrung down to 'I'll think about it'.

4 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

FEC hero got to be with 3" of an enemy unit and friendly unit (at the end a charge) and the opponent has to wilfully choose the option you want to fit an already situational ability... And then you roll against their bravery (if that option is chosen). That's a lot of jank and its also a 6W unit with a 5+ save who has to be in the thick of things.

Yeah, that's a no from me. Shame though since it is a really cool model. Could have some play with summoning but that's a big maybe.

Also of the three things that maybe get affected only issuing and receiving commands is relevant unless you gave it to a Wizard/priest or a unit like evocators

19 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Sure, however narrative campaign =\= Path to Glory ruleset. You can have a great narrative campaign using the Matched Play rules, for which Thondia was a great example, for one. If PtG is the only thing that's there, gameplay wise, then the book is suddenly addressed to a much narrower audience, while the rest of us will be buying it only for the fluff.

And if that's the case, from instabuy, I, pesronally, feel like I moved a wrung down to 'I'll think about it'.

Eh people complain when they where all in one book during the early GHB era, it just GW charges full price for everything even if they split it up