The Rumour Thread

So Ahriman is rumoured for 22 October.
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/ahriman-coming.html
Could this mean AoS Tzeentch at the same time?

Get your dirty 40k rumour outta mah thread!

Jokes.

You never know, I would be suprised I'd there was a 40k Daemon release that wasn't a dual release for AoS. But isn't this new stuff just all tzeentch chaos space marines?
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

You never know, I would be suprised I'd there was a 40k Daemon release that wasn't a dual release for AoS. But isn't this new stuff just all tzeentch chaos space marines?

Horus Heresy stuff focused upon the raising of Prospero. I'm sort of hoping for some Tzeentch Daemon stuff but sort of suspect that Silver Tower was that for this year.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

So GW are about to start releasing their own battlemats for 40k. Hopefully an AoS one isn't far off! (c'mon Xmas)

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1198

Yeah I saw this, and immediately felt they dropped the ball by doing only a 4x4 one, so hopefully it's the start of a series.  AOS I think would be the perfect opportunity to have themed mats for the different realms so it's not always the same board with the same molded features like the RoBB.

Edited by wayniac

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

Yeah I saw this, and immediately felt they dropped the ball by doing only a 4x4 one, so hopefully it's the start of a series.  AOS I think would be the perfect opportunity to have themed mats for the different realms so it's not always the same board with the same molded features like the RoBB.

I think it's a bit of a test to see if it's something people want. They have been playing around with the idea for the new Blood Bowl game and were looking at having the pitches made from a similar material (not 100% sure if this will happen but if it does will be as an limited release).

I also imagine the thinking behind having it as a 4x4 one as well is that it fits on most people's dining tables or doesn't take up too much floor space ;) 

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it's a bit of a test to see if it's something people want. They have been playing around with the idea for the new Blood Bowl game and were looking at having the pitches made from a similar material (not 100% sure if this will happen but if it does will be as an limited release).

I also imagine the thinking behind having it as a 4x4 one as well is that it fits on most people's dining tables or doesn't take up too much floor space ;) 

True, but few of their games are really suited to 4x4, and the ones that are can be grossly unbalanced anyways (see: Kill Team and Path to Glory)

1 minute ago, wayniac said:

True, but few of their games are really suited to 4x4, and the ones that are can be grossly unbalanced anyways (see: Kill Team and Path to Glory)

You are assuming that everybody plays the same sized games ;) 

I think for testing the waters and catering for people who play at home on the kitchen table, 4x4 is fine. Hopefully this is a something they will invest more into and we will see some bigger mats

• Like 1

To be honest there are so many companies that make beautiful neoprene battle mats in the 6x4 size that I don't know why I would buy this cloth one. The neoprene mats do not cost much more and are even nice. Not to mention safer for your models and quiet when rolling dice, which may not sound big but when playing a game with sleeping children in the house is huge. 

58 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

I'm not certain its cloth, but i'm confused by the iron.  Some speculate it's to add details.  Time will tell.  If it comes with a ruin it will be decently priced and a 4x4 will let you transition to 4x8 a little easier I suppose.

That's likely why it's 4x4, now that I think of it.  "Default" table size is getting more and more to 8x4 ayways.

10 hours ago, wayniac said:

To be fair Kill Team is much more balanced than regular 40k....(cue easy gag)

Edited by Carnelian