The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

Gutting spells and artifact lists has been par for the course for 3E unfortunately, it's not just Skaven.

I can’t really compare with any of the previews books like stormcast and so on, since I don’t own the books.

but compared to the Ogor mawtribe books, we definitely got the short end of the stick.

while the ogors did get a reduction of command traits and artifacts, they were still pretty well, preserved and can be easily found.

as well as keeping pretty much all of their spell.

the skaven grey seer spell table got halved, leaving us with 3 spells, of which one can’t really be considered a spell, considering how bad it is.

the skaven command traits have been literally reduced to 2 per clan plus 1 generic one.

and while they could have at least kept them a bit separate they went with the idea of just making a single page of mixing all of the left command traits on a single page.

it is a menace to look through those ca.

Artifacts are pretty much the same.

reduced to 2-3 for each clan.

And also menacingly mixed and matched on a single page.

So in total this book is worse then the last book.

ogor mawtribes, which are considered a literally copy of the last book (with some small changes to abilities and warscroll) I would consider a much better book.

skaven got absolutely no love in this book.

The person who hired the guy to write this book, probably wrote in his demands that the skaven just deserve less

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

I am still holding out hope for our future Broken Realms, Arks of Omen styled narrative giving us an update on some of the more Bestial factions with the introduction of a new Destruction God, Morghur and a small skaven revamp. 

I also expect a new Destruction Army like how we started with Nighthaunt and later got OBR last edition. I still don't know what the army could be but I would love if it were an actual monster army. Maybe emphasizing Wyveryns as opposed to dragons... maybe Kragnos is one of those nerds that is very particular about dragon taxonomy and is cool with Wyverns?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Is it wrong to kind of hope for an Arks of Omen type game mode too. Maybe a return to Beastgrave or a similar mountain with lots of tunnel fighting. Crossing over with the next season of Warcry.

They could do something similar if they revamped Warcry Catacombs for 2nd edition.

• LOVE IT! 1

Its a bit of a shame the ambush is still limited to the first two turns, but these rules look interesting.

Gor might finally be useful if they're priced well, the utility of applying fights last might be worth the extra points over ungor and even a unit of 10 will be able to work on most units in the game. If you have a bit of ranged output to take out a model or two out of other 10 man units you'll hit nearly everything. Even stomp could help you apply it if you do the stomp first.

Also I really hope slaangor are good. I love the models and don't play slaanesh but have been waiting for a reason to pick a few up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

Khorngors but this time for AoS.

01-01.jpg

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

But really a weapon/vambrace like that on a khorne unit would almost certainly be decorated with khornate trim so I'd love to be wrong but I don't see it as likely.

That said today's beasts of chaos rules article is actually really good. I was worried they were going to do minimal changes (and maybe the rest is minimal) but that's already a lot of good things. 

Ambushing the whole army is just going to play havoc with your opponents decision on who to make go first making drops not so important for the beast player. And the gors ability to give out fights last really justifies their inclusion. The ungor ability to shoot from off table is flavorful if probably not overly strong but I wouldnt really want sentinel level shooting coming from off table anyway.

The only thing I want from the book now is the ability to actually represent the god marked greatfrays they tout in their current book so if anyone has insight on that give me a thanks react or something lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Slanngor getting +1 attack and 2 damage and can fight twice once per game is a huge boost. 

Hopfully they change in the slannesh book as well. 

Agreed. I truly loved the Slaangor kit when it came out, and was so disappointed with how their. rules turned out. With this article however, I have hope again! and will be picking up a couple of boxes in the near future.

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Organised Play huh 🤔 Sounds like a premium ruleset for competitive players... a way to put extra rules on top of a more casual Matched Play ruleset... hmmmm

It's just some goodies to incentivise stores to arrange tournaments. They've been doing these for a few years now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Why not? I think it would be awesome they receive a new type of Gargant or something like a critterswarm?

I would love SOB to recieve more love I just feel they got King Brodd and the Beast Smasha and GW will call them good for a few years unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am still holding out hope for our future Broken Realms, Arks of Omen styled narrative giving us an update on some of the more Bestial factions with the introduction of a new Destruction God, Morghur and a small skaven revamp. 

I also expect a new Destruction Army like how we started with Nighthaunt and later got OBR last edition. I still don't know what the army could be but I would love if it were an actual monster army. Maybe emphasizing Wyveryns as opposed to dragons... maybe Kragnos is one of those nerds that is very particular about dragon taxonomy and is cool with Wyverns?

A Destruction Dragon/Wyvern Faction would be too damn epic to ignore!! Hell give us Destruction Humans riding said beasties and we have an AOS How To Train Your Dragon twist!!

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Agreed. I would like some sort of pet to run instead for Mancrushas

Id love nothing more than a Half-Gargant!!

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Do we get RE for Bloodbowl? If not this could be an updated Weapon for the Soulblight Warband!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's just some goodies to incentivise stores to arrange tournaments. They've been doing these for a few years now.

Yeah it's just very funny that we have an ongoing discussion here about standardizing rules for Matched so comp can have another ruleset on top, and GW already has something that's named what said comp ruleset could be.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Do we get RE for Bloodbowl? If not this could be an updated Weapon for the Soulblight Warband!!

If I remember correctly, there have only been two in the history of rumor engines :

2017-05-03.jpg2017-05-03a.jpg2017-08-09.jpg2017-08-09a.jpg

And it goes back to 2017... it's starting to get long.

Edited by Draznak
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

The two Saurus teasers are just the body guards of a plastic Slaan. Oh maybe I shouldn't jinx it.

Two saurus, but one is jumping over the other one's shoulders. Wearing lumineth armour. 

It's actually a new lumineth wave.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, tkt32583 said:

Two saurus, but one is jumping over the other one's shoulders. Wearing lumineth armour. 

It's actually a new lumineth wave.

"Let's do lizard riding Lumineth!"
"There's already lizard riding aelves and, yknow, there's the Seraphon"
"Ah yeah you're right. So Seraphon riding Lumineth then?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boyadventurer said:

"Let's do lizard riding Lumineth!"
"There's already lizard riding aelves and, yknow, there's the Seraphon"
"Ah yeah you're right. So Seraphon riding Lumineth then?"

The model will be two Saurus and a train of feathered Compsognathus-like critters carrying a platform with a Slann that's holding up a sign declaring an obsessive fan's declaration of love to Teclis.

Kroak. It's Kroak's sign. I've blacklisted myself from GW by revealing it this early.

Edit: It's Warcry terrain.

Edit 2: I was mistaken. It's Necromunda terrain.

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity