The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, novakai said:

I mean if we are being that pedantic about it

i can’t say Kragnos, Theradons, centurion marshal where wins for BoC lol

sometimes it the view that matters

BoC don't have exclusive rights to centaurs tho.

Yes, in the old world they were the only army to have them but in age of sigmar we now have multiple armies have them. 

Theradons would make some impressive minotaurs tho. 

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Theradons would make some impressive minotaurs tho.

I’m happy they expanded on them as their own thing though. It’s why I like Kragnos as his own thing too, the Realms have tons of animal people that were there under the God-Beasts eons before any Order or Chaos gods arrived so more diverse neutrality helps sale they’re doing their own thing.

Like a culture of animal people that tried to build a full-fledged empire alongside Destruction but couldn’t keep it together with their wild “neighbors” so now try to rebuild it under Archaon’s promises and rise through the ranks as outsiders to become top-tier gladiators, sorcerers and Marshalls is WAAAY more interesting than “angry goat people from hell hate buildings & wheels”.(though of course I hope BoC get their due one day, but not everything with fur needs to be about them)

Their real name isn’t even Ogroid, it’s the Goroa race. They just get called that by their smaller Chaos allies now and shrug it off.

“-The Ogroid race once hailed from Ghur. Once, their name was the Goroa. They were among the beastly tribes that followed Gorkamorka in his beast-hunting quest assigned to him by Sigmar. The Goroa saw the quest as worthy, and a means for them to form a stable civilization. Indeed, their civilization rose in Ghur with its own unique culture, language, and systems of trade. However, civilization and stability were not things that Gorkamorrka and the green masses that followed him were fond of. They sought to disrupt it with all their power whenever they found it. The Goroa found their efforts to create a lasting civilization undermined by the Orruks. The greenskins defaced and destroyed the works of the Goroa. Orruk leaders used the master-crafted weapons gifted to them by the Goroa, made by their smith-castes and enchanted by their Thaumaturge mages, as cauldron stirrers, tent poles, and snotling swatters nearly as often as they used them in combat.

-Worse for the Goroa was being mistaken for Ogors due to their similar stature. Ogors whom they considered to be uncivilized oafs. Even worse were the times when they were mistaken for the Bullgors, the Beasts of Chaos. The creatures were the embodiment of all that the Goroa feared in themselves.

-For a time, the Goroa found peace within the culture of constant battle and managed to raise cities in the wilderness of Ghur. However, the tense accord between them and hordes of Destruction finally reached its last straw when a Waaagh! of Bonesplitterz sacked the jewel city of their empire. Most of the Goroa elsewhere fighting a campaign. Though the Goroa young left in the city fought fiercely, the city was utterly destroyed by Orruks so drunk on Waagh! energy, they couldn't tell or care they were ravaging the lands of one of their allies.

-Ever since, a thorn of spite and hatred formed in the hearts of the Goroa for their Greenskin allies. At the end of the Age of Myth, Archaon exploited it to turn them to his side. He promised them a land where they could rebuild their civilization anew, safe from the rampages of the greenskins. Enthralled by Archaon's mighty authority and motivated by their hatred for the hordes of Destruction, the Goroa eagerly accepted. Thus forward, they have become the guardians of the Varanspire, the shock troops of Archaon's hosts, and drill sergeants of the Everchosen's legions. And the magically gifted among them studied under the Gaunt Summoners.”

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I don't get that thought process.

If there are new ogor models for cites they will be either double as Maneaters or will provide a great basis for conversion work. 

New models are new models, everybody wins. 

Look Id love them to get new models, really it would be amazing it would just feel like a bit of a disservice to not release them as Mawtribes models.

We know Orruks can and do live in COS, if Bonesplitterz got new units but they were only in Cities it would be a bit like, wait what?

Same for Fyreslayers and Idoneth, Factions that dont have many models and need updates, getting their updates given to a different Faction.

I want new Ogors and if I have to get them through Cities I will.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Look Id love them to get new models, really it would be amazing it would just feel like a bit of a disservice to not release them as Mawtribes models.

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a kick in the teeth, a sign from GW that they were only willing to put a handful of resources into the release for your faction, but then when it came to another faction they were willing to make minis that fit your line for them. Basically "we weren't willing to make new Ogors for you, buy we're willing to make new Ogors for CoS, and I guess you can use them for Mawtribes if you insist" energy.

I'm sure plenty of BoC are using Ogroid Theridons as Bullgors, but I'm also sure a lot of them are not happy that (as far as we're currently aware) GW decided to release a single refresh for their army whilst taking them time to make Bullgors Theridons for S2D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about the possibility of duel faction Ogors (Mawtribes and Cities) are there any other current dual build for different AoS factions kits? The only one I can think of is Doomfire Warlocks/Dark riders - and I assume this one is a historical hangover from the old days.

I'm thinking about kits that are built differently for different factions. So not things like Tzaangors where the same build can be used for different armies.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Today any previews or 2022 done?

If you are referring to the Sunday preview, I think we'll just get Arks of Omen: Abaddon, alongside those Void War terrain kits, and probably some leftover FW stuff announced for next week's pre-orders to close off the year. And maybe some more Necromunda or Bloodbowl stuff on Monday. The next "not a single FW mini" reveal will most likely be on the 25th.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

If you are referring to the Sunday preview, I think we'll just get Arks of Omen: Abaddon, alongside those Void War terrain kits, and probably some leftover FW stuff announced for next week's pre-orders to close off the year. And maybe some more Necromunda or Bloodbowl stuff on Monday. The next "not a single FW mini" reveal will most likely be on the 25th.

There's been Middle Earth stuff on WarCom recently, maybe that'll be going on pre-order next week? 

35 minutes ago, EntMan said:

There's been Middle Earth stuff on WarCom recently, maybe that'll be going on pre-order next week? 

That's already this weeks pre-order. NEXT weeks pre-order would have to ship on Christmas Eve, so I'm expecting something like MTO. Basically the timing is a little weird this year, so the Christmas shutdown probably goes into effect a bit earlier than normal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, EntMan said:

We've had no advent REs this year ☹️ Does this mean we'll not be getting a Christmas Day reveal? 

And if we are getting one, any clues what it might be? 

"This is the last major preview event of the year and there are some surprises in store. That said, there may also be a few festive treats under our digital tree when the end of the year rolls around…"

From when they announced November's preview.

Probably something like Azrael or Dante (or both) for 40k.
Or maybe something for 40k and something for AoS (like last year where we got new Eldar and CSM for 40k, and then that Idoneth vs FS box got teased in the same article and was shown on the monday after Christmas day)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Corpse Harvesting Party (Forgeworld)
Rex & Esmeralda (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome
Abhorrant Ghoul King with Crown of Delusion

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Ultramarines Heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Thousand Sons + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Horus Ascendant
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

Blood Bowl
Nobbla
Scrappa

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Hide contents

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Corpse Harvesting Party (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Ultramarines Heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Thousand Sons + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Horus Ascendant
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

Blood Bowl
Nobbla
Scrappa

So, seems like we know pretty much everything up until February?

Based on roadmaps we've gotten, Imperial Guard and StD in January, World Eaters and Gloomspite Gitz in February with Arks of Omen 2, with poor BoC squeezed in somewhere in Winter, and that mystery DoK/CoS Dark Aelf Underworlds warband.

All that's left for something like LVO in terms of reveals is maybe some surprise Gloomspite or BoC, and a lot of 40k characters for Arks of Omen, so maybe we could be seeing something for the Spring Order Battletome in late January there. Fingers crossed for CoS 😛 (or, us just getting them either as the Spring or (probably very early) Summer BT. Cities would be quite fitting for a large Warhammer Fest AoS reveal before a 10th edition 40k finale in May, if we don't get them during Spring)

Edited by Asbestress

9 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

So, seems like we know pretty much everything up until February?

Based on roadmaps we've gotten, Imperial Guard and StD in January, World Eaters and Gloomspite Gitz in February with Arks of Omen 2, with poor BoC squeezed in somewhere in Winter, and that mystery DoK/CoS Dark Aelf Underworlds warband.

All that's left for something like LVO in terms of reveals is maybe some surprise Gloomspite or BoC, and a lot of 40k characters for Arks of Omen, so maybe we could be seeing something for the Spring Order Battletome in late January there. Fingers crossed for CoS 😛 (or, us just getting them either as the Spring or (probably very early) Summer BT. Cities would be quite fitting for a large Warhammer Fest AoS reveal before a 10th edition 40k finale in May, if we don't get them during Spring)

We usually get news the Christmas Day:

2021: Eldar vs CSM
2020: Sisters vs Dark Eldars and Mortal Slaanesh
2019: Tzeentch vs KO and Dark Angels

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We usually get news the Christmas Day:

2021: Eldar vs CSM
2020: Sisters vs Dark Eldars and Mortal Slaanesh
2019: Tzeentch vs KO and Dark Angels

Forgets the one who said the same a few hours ago...
Anyhow, that'd probably be the place for the last few things for the Winter to be revealed.

16 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Forgets the one who said the same a few hours ago...
Anyhow, that'd probably be the place for the last few things for the Winter to be revealed.

Also there tends to be a short vid that teases the coming year on new year's eve or New Year's Day as I recall.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Excellent name!! I dont have the time right now but Id love to see how many New Model Mondays have been Necromunda this past year.

I count 28 minis not counting reveal shows. They have mostly been shown off in pairs with one set of three and a few singles. That makes 16 or so weeks. I have a feeling it is just one or two people who's been cranking these out. I'm pretty sure forgeworld minis are quicker to design than plastics. They also don't really need to worry about release slots as they don't have to send kits out to stores. It is slightly surprising that they've made so many of these but only a handful of resin minis for Horus Heresy this year. 

Edit- record scratch. New mini out of nowhere. 

jjUDzJIodxeT9Kqb.jpg.22859118223773f9503fed3860a439f4.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/12/this-years-boxing-day-miniature-has-a-next-level-party-hat/

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1