The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

I am kinda baffled they haven't dropped the FAQ yet. At this point nobody will be playing with the FAQ rules this weekend so that leaves 1 more weekend  before christmas. 

What is your opinion about it? Will you play warhammer during the holidays? Usually here everything is mostly closed oor people are doing something else till the new year begins. 

I had expected it Monday... Especially since it's been officially recognised as happening. 

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think i remember the Killteam roadmap saying they are getting another battle zone and boxset sometimes in the first three months of the year

the rumours say Csm vs Eldar.  Female autarch with new rangers/bikes  vs Warpsmith  and some other csms. 

"December" FAQs have historically come out in January, or, if we're lucky, in the last week of December. 

There are a lot of rumors about points, but it's basically all what you could predict if you have a functioning brain, so it's hard to say whether they're true or just someone stating the obvious. It doesn't take a galaxy brain to predict that Salamanders and Fulminators and Sentinels are going up in points. 

The interesting stuff IMO isn't what gets nerfed but what gets buffed and how it gets buffed, and AFAIK there have been basically zero rumors about that side of things. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Feii said:

I am kinda baffled they haven't dropped the FAQ yet. At this point nobody will be playing with the FAQ rules this weekend so that leaves 1 more weekend  before christmas. 

What is your opinion about it? Will you play warhammer during the holidays? Usually here everything is mostly closed oor people are doing something else till the new year begins. 

pre-faq times are the worst. I lose all inspiration to work on hobby projects although I've also been slacking on painting any 40k stuff too (but thats mostly because I don't have much desire to play 40k at all... the rules just don't do it for me).
A good FAQ will usually inspire me to build/paint/buy new stuff too.

I usually get more games in around the holidays, I work a lot and its tough for me to organize stuff with my groups busy schedules but around the holidays everyone tends to have time off. We have our own table which helps (although the space is a bit cramped with it out).

1 minute ago, yukishiro1 said:

"December" FAQs have historically come out in January, or, if we're lucky, in the last week of December. 

There are a lot of rumors about points, but it's basically all what you could predict if you have a functioning brain, so it's hard to say whether they're true or just someone stating the obvious. It doesn't take a galaxy brain to predict that Salamanders and Fulminators and Pink Horrors are going up in points. 

Obvious to us doesn't mean obvious to GW... last year we didn't even get basic changes to things that were obviously skewed because of "no data", and spider riders have been untouched since the book released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Let's say eldar and cam take up 8 weeks of releases. 

Tau, genestealer cult and golden boys codex releases take 2 weeks. 

Fyreslayer/deepkin box and battletome 1 week. 

Underworlds 2 weeks

Warcry, kill team, airplanes, Necromunda, bloodbowl, lotr, 4 weeks 

That would still leave 9 weeks in the first 26 weeks of the year for other releases. 

I can't see 6 months going by with only 2 battletome releases and no major model releases for AoS. 

I agree. I'd say they may jig the schedule around to get another Battletome that's a smaller release rather than a range refresh in there.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Well with Adepticon previews happening in March one would assume we are getting some AoS stuff in the April and May slots 

optimistically I would also say that they will reveal what the next AoS release is soon since there is nothing else we know of once Nurgle hits the shelf, even if it’s further down the line on the schedule

I hope after they reveal Eldar for Christmas that they tease the next Faction as well, even if just to confirm Idoneth Vs Fyreslayers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree. I'd say they may jig the schedule around to get another Battletome that's a smaller release rather than a range refresh in there.

I hope after they reveal Eldar for Christmas that they tease the next Faction as well, even if just to confirm Idoneth Vs Fyreslayers.

The best chance it probably on the new year day article they do if there is nothing for AoS on the Christmas one. Last year they show off both Glutos and A trailer of random new model

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Hopefully those rumors aren't true 🥶. We need to get the battletome machine rolling, there's a bunch of factions in desperate need of an update.

Please no, we don’t need another AoS 2/40K 8th assault of rush job books with no models (except spells/terrain/a hero)

we need proper releases for most of the armies this time: Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Skaven, Beasts etc all need new/updated/more models

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

It seems Khainite Shadowstalker are confirmed to be from Malerion in new Red Harvest lore. So this is how his aelves might look like. Hopefully he will not be souped with Morathi and DoK. 

Yeh I hope they don't get souped.

Morathi and the Daughters of Khaine are a stylistically and narratively tight faction with lots of room to expand for themselves. I don't get what they gain from a bunch of units that we expect to be very different.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Yeh I hope they don't get souped.

Marathon and the Daughters of Khaine are a stylistically and narratively tight faction with lots of room to expand for themselves. I don't get what they gain from a bunch of units that we expect to be very different.

Just because they share a book doesn't mean they're "souped". Just look at warclans. Each of the clans kept their unique identities when they combined the tome in 2e and they're still separate factions.
Combining them into a single tome lets them sell the new models to dok players, add a combined allegiance option, and helps out logistically since they have one less book to update each addition. Its a slam dunk for pretty much everyone involved as long as the quality of the rules doesn't drop.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Just because they share a book doesn't mean they're "souped". Just look at warclans. Each of the clans kept their unique identities when they combined the tome in 2e and they're still separate factions.
Combining them into a single tome lets them sell the new models to dok players, add a combined allegiance option, and helps out logistically since they have one less book to update each addition. Its a slam dunk for pretty much everyone involved as long as the quality of the rules doesn't drop.

Cough Bonesplitterz cough

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Please no, we don’t need another AoS 2/40K 8th assault of rush job books with no models (except spells/terrain/a hero)

we need proper releases for most of the armies this time: Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Skaven, Beasts etc all need new/updated/more models

I can’t say that outlook is going to happen given how GW still keep doing it

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Cough Bonesplitterz cough

I don't even know what to say about what they did to bonesplitterz, it feels like they were intentionally shafted because of just how well Ironjawz was written. Its hard to believe how an absolute banger, and a trainwreck could both get released in the same book. The 2.0 version of bonesplitterz was fine though (which is when they were souped).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

TBH this 3rd edition seemed started very rough.
I'm worried seems GW broke something and they are way behind what they were wanting to do...
Still i could see some battletomes not getting much other than rules like soulblight as, both for aos and 40k,they never gives miniature to everyone.
Many Aos ranges needs proper units and love, not just heroes...

Yeah most of the Bonesplitterz changes are simply mistifying even now.  The funny thing is that their heroes were pretty much OK, but the troops are just all so unbelievably bad.  HOWEVER, a major points drops to all their non-leaders could at least make them work.  It would still be a little lacking in theme, but they could in theory at least become playable.  I also feel that Bonesplitterz should get some extra allegiance ability faq'd in to give them some bonus vs monsters across the board.  It feels weird that Bonesplitterz don't get their anti-monster stuff now that monsters are finally ubiquitous in the meta.

Edited by willange
  • Like 2

The only "souping" that GW has done with Daughters of Khaine is allying them with the remains of the Dark Elf line through the Broken Realms story. There is potential there that GW could go that pathway. Certainly old Dark Elf fans would be happy to see the army work again (its pretty much all there save for one or two hero models and the reaper bolt thrower). At the same time DoK back then were just Witch Aelves and the Cauldron - now they've got Harpies and Melusai of their own and I just get the feeling that they are their own thing. Its hard and could be a huge sore if GW did it because DoK fans from the start of AoS would be unhappy whlist Dark Elf fans would be super happy. 

It's hard to tell and its very hard to tell because Cities of Sigmar is such a big question mark and hodge podge of models and armies. Some, like Dwarves, are easy and could splinter out to their own army. Some, like Dark Elves are almost all there and a full on army. It's very hard to tell honestly. 

Personally as a DoK fan I'd be torn over a formal reuniting of the Dark Elf line. Seeing DoK go from their own army to a "subfaction" group within a greater Dark Elf line - it just doesn't "feel" right to me. 

I'll have to read  Red Harvest and see how the lore shapes up. Morathi using Malarion's forces as her elite assassin/spies sounds really wrong for Morathi. I just can't see her trusting her Son enough to give forces loyal to him such a role within her faction. I'd far rather expect her to use loaned armies as suicide/chaff/expandatory or other such roles - ergo warrior roles where they are important, but where they aren't going to be a cornerstone of her faction's organisation structure nor armed forces. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I agree with you but I've got bad news for you. This is the gw policy now. They are able to produce 24 books every three years but only 10-12 of them will be accompanied by more than one new kit. They have already done Stormcast and Kruleboyz so that means there are just 8-10 waves of minis left this edition. 

4 hours ago, novakai said:

The best chance it probably on the new year day article they do if there is nothing for AoS on the Christmas one. Last year they show off both Glutos and A trailer of random new model

Good point mate!! So we should see something within the next 3 weeks at least.

55 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I agree with you but I've got bad news for you. This is the gw policy now. They are able to produce 24 books every three years but only 10-12 of them will be accompanied by more than one new kit. They have already done Stormcast and Kruleboyz so that means there are just 8-10 waves of minis left this edition. 

Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Seraphon and Ogor Mawtribes please. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1