The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

Just run the Warcry warbands as marauders I say. They already fudge all the different weapons into "blah blah weapons of various mights" so ****** it.

thats exactly what I'd do.

I did it for my bloodreavers where I just put a marauder shield on their backs and gave them all the great weapons.

17 minutes ago, drcrater said:

What if the lack of "cultist" keyword means that this models will replace the current marauders in the future S2D Battletome?

They could well replace them in a later iteration, but currently they don't have the Mark of the Gods so don't benefit from any Slaves to Darkness allegiance ability - which is questionable design.

Currently they've got decent damage potential, but current marauders still outclass them (having access to rend, likely smaller bases, a god mark, and of course their ridiculous charge bonus). These guys do have a better save and would win in a basic 10v10, but marauders have much higher potential.

• Like 1

I think that we will find out about the Keywords when S2D get their new tome. It is fun to speculate but I think they essentially overlooked it, that exact problem has plagued both Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Warclans. I also hope that this is just growing pains of the new edition and that they sort it out soon. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I can't stop watching the Ogre Kingdoms cinematic. @Kingbrodd you sure did pick an amazing faction. Now I want a a force of Gargants, Ogors and Halflings just travelling the Realms drinkin, fightin an eatin for the shear fun of it!

Been out of the loop this week, didn't know the BT stuff is up for pre-order next weekend. 

I absolutely adore Gnoblars but I will never forgive GW for not having Halflings be the little pals of Ogres. 😤

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I absolutely adore Gnoblars but I will never forgive GW for not having Halflings be the little pals of Ogres. 😤

They have historically like using gobloid  creatures, because diminutive small green creatures fit better next to giant big guys who like bullying them

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

They have historically like using gobloid  creatures, because diminutive small green creatures fit better next to giant big guys who like bullying them

Yeah I know and I really love the models and lore of them I just heard a rumour that they'd originally wanted to use Halflings and I am sad halflings aren't really present in any armies currently. Even when I played in 6th edition I never saw any halfling models. 

So far I can only think of one:
q9ng8pa8pgg61.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I can't stop watching the Ogre Kingdoms cinematic. @Kingbrodd you sure did pick an amazing faction. Now I want a a force of Gargants, Ogors and Halflings just travelling the Realms drinkin, fightin an eatin for the shear fun of it!

Been out of the loop this week, didn't know the BT stuff is up for pre-order next weekend. 

Big lads are best!! I currently have 3 Megas and cant wait to expand my Mawtribes with them. Ogors and Gargants, name a better pair I dare ya!! I am so excited for 3.0 and the Ogors future.

47 minutes ago, dnusha said:

237f3f949183605b9efc502e0e02f7c9.png

One of my favourite pieces of GW artwork ever. I love the almost biblical imagery of David Vs Goliath,  but Goliath is rightly winning!! 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

So do people say it was done on purpose or it was an oversight like the Mashcrawler?

Who knows. Like @Enoby said it could be intentional because it fits StD design so well (arbitrary restrictions to keep everything but marauders from being any good). It also sort of makes sense since they're Darkoath which is a little different from your standard cultist. They're also being released alongside another warscroll which has the keyword, so it seems intentional.

On the other hand every other chaos warcry warband has the keyword so it's inconsistent. It also breaks synergy with the Darkoath Warqueen/Chieftain's command abilites which makes absolutely no sense. All in all I'd say 50/50 one way or the other. Classic GW.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I know and I really love the models and lore of them I just heard a rumour that they'd originally wanted to use Halflings and I am sad halflings aren't really present in any armies currently. Even when I played in 6th edition I never saw any halfling models. 

So far I can only think of one:
q9ng8pa8pgg61.jpg

What about the halfling hotpot and lumpin croops fighting ******? 

I'm just going to use the darkoath savages as mauraders and the witch as a sorcerer. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

So Sam Pearson on Twitter said it is intentional that they have no Cultist keyword.

I believe he a GW rule writers

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

Pretty ****** to be honest, but I'm assuming the intent is they didn't want these to be ran as battle-line. Seems like a pretty big oversight to give Darkoath Warqueen / Chieftain the ability to take a mark, but not the Darkoath Savager unit. If the intent was just to make it so Darkoath Savagers couldn't be battleline... seems like this could be handled in a StD FAQ, something like "Darkoath units can take a Chaos Mark" and/or adding the "DARKOATH" keyword to the Warqueen/Chieftain's command ability affects.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What about the halfling hotpot and lumpin croops fighting ******? 

I'm just going to use the darkoath savages as mauraders and the witch as a sorcerer. 

I should say never saw them played, I had plenty of GW catalogues and always wanted some of the awesome Halfling minis...

I have been thinking of going 3rd party and getting some haflings to build as freepeoples to run alongside my SCE 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I should say never saw them played, I had plenty of GW catalogues and always wanted some of the awesome Halfling minis...

I have been thinking of going 3rd party and getting some haflings to build as freepeoples to run alongside my SCE 

Dont forget the Blood Bowl team mate!!

• LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

He said it is because of their lore. I guess you could ask him where in the lore does it say that BoC have to be bad  😂

Though, to be fair, they usually are useless in the lore so they're spot on there 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1