The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Austin said:

Hopefully the lore will actually still be decent in the new battletomes, it has been gutted in the new codexes.

I sure hope it is still chock full. Without Lore the Sons of Behemat Battletome will be basically a pamphlet. Lore is the driving force for me in this hobby, if they downgrade that in favour of more rules I wont be none pleased. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I sure hope it is still chock full. Without Lore the Sons of Behemat Battletome will be basically a pamphlet. Lore is the driving force for me in this hobby, if they downgrade that in favour of more rules I wont be none pleased. 

Sons of Behemat will be a pamphlet but Stormcast will make War and Peace seem like a light read... It is a strange place for Games Workshop that showcases why putting so many eggs into certain baskets like Stormcast and Space Marines makes their battletomes and codices really imbalanced in terms of content. I do think that the possible positive is that smaller ranges like Idoneth, Sons of Behemat and Harlequins can possibly get more lore in their books and hopefully draw more people to the smaller ranges for the additional lore... although more support will result in more units... which means less lore in the future... 😵

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, edmc78 said:

Am hoping for the mad influence of the 80’s Sectaurs toys. 

As much as I have a love for 80s toy aesthetics I would love a hollowknight styled army of undefined creatures with hardened carapaces. I think it would allow a lot of really interesting aesthetic choices as some people may use metallics or bone and treat the carapaces as being overlaid armaments, while others can chose to paint it as organic living material treating it as part of the Silent people themselves:
0017911050_0

I suppose that is true about sectaurs but they do seem a little less ambiguously bug people wearing medieval bug armour:
61Y+kemtqQL._SX496_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Although I imagine that the designers will develop something truly unique from either. Recent criticism of the company aside, the designers at Games Workshop are insanely talented and are the main reason we are all here and Age of Sigmar has let them run wild in terms of imaginative design. But no matter case I do love this idea of anthropomorphized insect warriors as opposed to the more alien look of Tyranids or Zerg. I do hope they can find a method to incorporate some additional limbs even if they are largely vestigial. 

Of course I will leave the say to @Grim Beasties our resident Entomology expert on the subject. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/15/sunday-preview-a-spectacular-action-figure-is-coming-to-defend-your-shelves/

No Preview but there is this:

Speaking of Warhammer Community, we’ve got another full week of glorious hobby articles right here, including multiple new model reveals and more Warhammer+ news.

The multiple new models could be more Black Templars stuff but I think they would do a Preview for that so maybe something for us?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/15/sunday-preview-a-spectacular-action-figure-is-coming-to-defend-your-shelves/

No Preview but there is this:

Speaking of Warhammer Community, we’ve got another full week of glorious hobby articles right here, including multiple new model reveals and more Warhammer+ news.

The multiple new models could be more Black Templars stuff but I think they would do a Preview for that so maybe something for us?

Black templars for 40K is likely and or more stormcast or kruleboyz stuff. I think they said there are a few surprises still to come but correct me if I’m wrong.

Just now, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Not sure why they'd even showcase models for a single codex that is being released in November. It logically would be something Age of Sigmar related, unless there happen to be new units for Codex Orks we haven't heard of.

Given the Codex already released with the Beast Snaggas box, I guess we can at least be thankful that it being new Ork units is incredibly unlikely.

It’s baffling that they decided to put a 40k box and 2 weeks of a flipping niche game ahead of SCE and Kruleboyz. That’s 3 full months after the first preview, and 2 full months after Dominion launched.  Who knows how many kits will actually be available release week,

Meanwhile the “4 week” GHB FAQ is 2 weeks late. Even assuming they keep to 4 weeks in the future (who knows they won’t tell us) the new books won’t be event legal until flipping mid-October at the earliest. That puts players and TOs in a difficult spot as everyone wants to play with the new toys and will have to wait ~5 months to actually use any of it.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 7

Just now, JustAsPlanned said:

If the “new model reveals” is just more Black Templars stuff, then I am going to throw myself into the Shyish Nadir. No offence to BT fans btw, it’s just reeeeeeeeeally frustrating to see a release I was once excited for yet again getting dragged out for what seems like aeons.

It's Space Marines, so I fully expect them to milk the drip feeding.

29 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Not sure why they'd even showcase models for a single codex that is being released in November. It logically would be something Age of Sigmar related, unless there happen to be new units for Codex Orks we haven't heard of.

Because they are getting a Launch Box like orks before that (taking rumours into account it will be coming next month in September) so the models have to been shown before that

Not that I don't think they should give us a bit more attention but I looked up the release map for 40k 9th last year and they also had nearly three months between Indomitus and the Necron/Space Marines codex so its basically the same for us

Basically zero percent orks are getting something else now after their codex already kind of dropped with the Beast Snaggas 

Edited by Matrindur

Also in terms of the 40k rumor addressed above there was a pretty big rumor dump for 40k from a trustworthy guy.

Im talking about it because according to it there a quite a lot of 40k releases until the end of the year so I wouldn't expect many AoS releases if it turns out true. 

More specifically with Stormcast/Kruleboyz, all of the Orks kits and the Black Templars Launchset September seems full already 

For October and November (They put both months together) there is the full Black Templars release in November but also another Kill Team boxset. There is also A new Horus Heresy Boxset coming that got pushed forward accourding to other rumours so that could also release in October.

So whatever our Battletome in October turns out to be I wouldn't expect a big Update.

For December we have Battleforces but also another 2 Codices for 40k which are getting another Vs Boxset according to the rumor dump, also around Christmas they normally don't release much new stuff.

We also have some more stuff like the new Aeronautica box, the next Necromunda book and a campaign book for 40k which will take up some more release space

So it doesn't seem like AoS will get much until next year based on that

Edited by Matrindur
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

Any chance of reducing some of the GW business talk within the thread please folks.

Then again I suggest either enforce and create guidelines here or don't and just let this thread be its own thing. its the same 3 issues here and no actual resolution to these discussions here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also in terms of the 40k rumor addressed above there was a pretty big rumor dump for 40k from a trustworthy guy.

Im talking about it because according to it there a quite a lot of 40k releases until the end of the year so I wouldn't expect many AoS releases if it turns out true. 

More specifically with Stormcast/Kruleboyz, all of the Orks kits and the Black Templars Launchset September seems full already 

For October and November (They put both months together) there is the full Black Templars release in November but also another Kill Team boxset. There is also A new Horus Heresy Boxset coming that got pushed forward accourding to other rumours so that could also release in October.

So whatever our Battletome in October turns out to be I wouldn't expect a big Update.

For December we have Battleforces but also another 2 Codices for 40k which are getting another Vs Boxset according to the rumor dump, also around Christmas they normally don't release much new stuff.

We also have some more stuff like the new Aeronautica box, the next Necromunda book and a campaign book for 40k which will take up some more release space

So it doesn't seem like AoS will get much until next year based on that

TBF that what happen in the first 6 months of AoS 2.0, the only release between NH/SCE tomes and the end of the year was the small BoC battletome release. it only really pick up in January.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBF that what happen in the first 6 months of AoS 2.0, the only release between NH/SCE tomes and the end of the year was the small BoC battletome release. it only really pick up in January.

For 40k 9th it also was basically just space marine supplements until the end of the year, the actual Codices only started in January with Deathguard so we already are kind of better of with that Chaos Battletome in October

Edited by Matrindur

15 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

There is also A new Horus Heresy Boxset coming that got pushed forward accourding to other rumours so that could also release in October.

Out of curiosity, did they say what the two factions are in the box? Or what new plastic kit is being released? In particular do you know if there are any Mark II kits coming out?

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Out of curiosity, did they say what the two factions are in the box? Or what new plastic kit is being released? In particular do you know if there are any Mark II kits coming out?

No official reveal yet we just had some leaked images a while ago with that rumor about it being pushed forward because of the leak now 

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021/07/warhammer-40k-rumors-horus-heresy-box-set-contents-price.html

Here are all the images on one page (all of it should be plastic) it says they are Mk6 but as I don't know much about HH I'll leave it to you if that is correct

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No official reveal yet we just had some leaked images a while ago with that rumor about it being pushed forward because of the leak now 

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021/07/warhammer-40k-rumors-horus-heresy-box-set-contents-price.html

Here are all the images on one page (all of it should be plastic) it says they are Mk6 but as I don't know much about HH I'll leave it to you if that is correct

*Sad Crusader noises* Okay.... thank you man/ma'am.