The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Screwface said:

Exactly, and with the models being so fragile the last thing you'd want is to snap your skeleton's stink-bone.

Via Urban Dictionary; Stink Bone: The medical term used by white trash when referring to the pelvis. 

You learn something new everyday.

23 minutes ago, hellalugosi said:

im gonna put my money on a herald of CHAOS. a markable daemon that can be customized like the daemon prince? satisfies everyone and is something really useful?

It will be a Herald of Cows, in it's own Herald of Cows faction and will only be able to be taken as allies by Brayherd and not Warherd or other Chaos factions.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hellalugosi said:

im gonna put my money on a herald of CHAOS. a markable daemon that can be customized like the daemon prince? satisfies everyone and is something really useful?

Doesn't satisfy Skaven. And I think we all know that that's the only part of chaos anyone actually cares about.

• Like 4

Yeah I just watched a preview of it. So I guess that means we won't see any tome before october at the very earliest and thats assuming they release it at the same time Shadespire is out. Looks like the Blightwar serves the same purpose as skirmish and PTG. To keep fans occupied while the focus is elsewere.  Well the good thing is that now  at least it makes sense to begin working on beasts and Epidimius.

But I must say that I am a wee bit dissapointed. 

No doubt Nurgle will be updated but it feels rather uncertain now that it will be during or right after the Death guard release.

Edited by Greasygeek

I mean, we really only have to wait until the DG book comes out right? When it does we will know for sure if there will be Pestigors, new Nurgle demons, stuff like that. As to when, well that's got me beat. I feel like we still have sooo many releases before the year is up, at this point aside from Papa Nurgle I don't think we are going to see another major AOS proper release, Shadespire not withstanding. 

Im also beginning to think shadespire might be it for AoS this year. GW have previewed a heck of a lot of stuff to come out by christmas and im not sure a full nurgle AoS release would even fit in...

However, earlier in the year there were NO previews of the new tzeentch daemons until the Disciples of Tzeentch book was released, with ALL the new daemon releases going on sale on the same day soon after... so theres at least a precedent that could be followed! Fingers crossed!

I have fairly high hopes that nurgle will get its battletome before the end of the year. Reasons for this are the following:

1. Blightwars (as far as I know) only gives nurgle's allegiance battle trait but not the command traits or artifacts. Considering that nurgle was already left out of ghb17 it would be stupid to leave nurgle hanging for what, 4-5 months? 

2. Nurgle already has very good model range. You add what 40k gives, throw in some new pestigor unit and new GUO model and there you go. It's easy battletome to make for this reason.

3. Nurgle has had very large presence in aos story. The fact that they still haven't got their battletome is almost weird.

4. C'mon 4-5 months without new proper new aos releases? Some people are already annoyed that there have been nothing after kharadron overlords. Shadespire is new game, it doesn't really count towards being aos release. And though I know that there was nothing after sylvaneth for long time either, Sylvaneth was super popular plus first ghb brought so many (back) in to the hobby, so people didn't care. While ghb17 will keep some people busy, we're not in the same situation as last year and GW needs to show some proper support for aos.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I guess I would be fine with the occassional Death model being a nod to old aesthetics or even with Deathrattle being altogether traditional looking, if these wheren't the first Death models we have seen since the Endtimes. In that context I find it concerning that, apart from the Knight of Shrouds helmet, these  no continuity to the Style the End times models developed and seemingly previewed.

Isn't there quite strong connection to the  end times with the whole ethereal look? 

6 hours ago, Jamopower said:

Isn't there quite strong connection to the  end times with the whole ethereal look? 

Well the Endtimes certainly reinforced the ethereal being a defining feature of the range (though that is a much older of the Vampire Counts range, having started around the time the von Carstein SCs where redesigned), but the Knight of Shrouds really only bears the most generic representation of the theme, manifest in him being a "Sheet Ghost", like the plastic Cairnwraith. If he where accompanied by some matter of ghostly manifestation (like the Morghasts for example), I could see in him a continuation of the etherealy haunted theme, but as he only carries the basic signs of his Nighthaunt nature, I think he is a bit lacking.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very, very, nice model, but for the role he seems supposed to play, the herald of Nagash in universe and a signifier to Death players that their GA going to be back in a major way, I find him lacking. To me he looks more like he should come in a box with two to four more of his kind to form a new Nighthaunt unit, not like he is some kind of big cheese for GA Death.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Don't get me wrong, it is a very, very, nice model, but for the role he seems supposed to play, the herald of Nagash in universe and a signifier to Death players that their GA going to be back in a major way, I find him lacking. To me he looks more like he should come in a box with two to four more of his kind to form a new Nighthaunt unit, not like he is some kind of big cheese for GA Death.

I kind of feel the opposite about him, actually - I think GW have done an excellent job of designing a model that would fit nicely into most death armies (and appeal to most death players).

It's ethereal in the same style as the wraith, signalling it's a Nighthaunt model (while also linking it to Deathlords since they're all covered in spirits)... but the corroded sword and chainmail tie him to Deathrattle, while the bat wings on the helmet are pure Soulblight. Seems like he does a good job of representing GA Death as a whole - just by varying the paint job I think you could make him fit perfectly with most death armies!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davariel said:

I kind of feel the opposite about him, actually - I think GW have done an excellent job of designing a model that would fit nicely into most death armies (and appeal to most death players).

It's ethereal in the same style as the wraith, signalling it's a Nighthaunt model (while also linking it to Deathlords since they're all covered in spirits)... but the corroded sword and chainmail tie him to Deathrattle, while the bat wings on the helmet are pure Soulblight. Seems like he does a good job of representing GA Death as a whole - just by varying the paint job I think you could make him fit perfectly with most death armies!

I do not think we are in disagreement here, as I never said he did not fit GA:Death, but rather that I feel he is bit to unspectacular and traditional compared to other representatives of unified Death. However, it is concievable that the other heralds are just as basic and meant to blend in with all factions in their respective GA's, but that is not a context we have and thus not a basis the reveal can be judged on right now.

34 minutes ago, Vogless said:

Why all the different sub factions in Death? Seems unnecessarily complicated. 

Well, Death already has the smallest amount of subfactions out of all GAs, so I think GW divided up Vampire Counts into as many small parts as they could.

Sadly we do not know GWs reasoning for getting rid of the Tomb Kings range. Part of it may well be that most of the Skeleton kits where really showing their age and Deathrattle makes sense as a relatively early release anyway, providing an easily recognizable force with the potential for a lot of callbacks to some real Warhammer classics, but we have nothing confirmed and it leaves the question why even the relatively hot and new kits where taken out, nor does this explain why GA:Death was split along that lines of kind or the question where and how GW wants to fit entirely new Factions for Death. Every GA so far has gotten entirely new factions, even if Ironjaws included a single pre-existing kit, and I don't think Death will be an exception.

2 hours ago, Vogless said:

Why all the different sub factions in Death? Seems unnecessarily complicated. 

Same as the others: Ip copyright. They're differentiating them from their origins to make the ip more defensible. 

The implementation sucks because only a handful of the microfactions are reasonable armies on their own. 

Those new boxes with a few units pooled together to represent various cities presents a ray of hope for GW unwinding the mess they made of the old factions in the GA books. It'd let them give those factions an actual identity in AoS as opposed to this obviously balkanised mess we have now that for the most part pleases noone. 

No guarantees of course that that's where they're going with them.