The Rumour Thread

I'm going up Sat morning, staying overnight in that Marina Park Holiday Inn. Its a 4 hr drive from Devon, so not sure if I'll make it in time for the 10am start but will try my best.

Sat night I'll upload all my pics from the day, Sun will be gaming all day and taking pics and will upload Monday with some bat reps on my TGA blog

Edited by James McPherson
  • Like 2

On 26/07/2016 at 9:29 AM, Bowlzee said:

One would hope that general units like Skeletons can be given keywords like the Chaos Warriors can be given keywords of their god Allegiance. This would help greatly in giving Battleline units to more Death Factions. After all in the fluff many Undead Characters are able to summon Skeletons/Black Knights

It'd be nice to see this also happen to clanrats.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2016 at 9:29 AM, Bowlzee said:

One would hope that general units like Skeletons can be given keywords like the Chaos Warriors can be given keywords of their god Allegiance. This would help greatly in giving Battleline units to more Death Factions. After all in the fluff many Undead Characters are able to summon Skeletons/Black Knights

I'm holding out hope for a Deathlords book in the style of the Everchosen one, with a load of 'generic' undead battalions (skeletons, zombies, direwolves, vamps ect) with the Deathlords keyword above the name, allowing you to take them in a Deathlord allegiance army, and 'big' battalions like the recent Sylvaneth Wargroves for each individual Mortarch (and possibly a kit allowing you to make three new Mortarchs...).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Edited first post to add new Khorne Daemon and more Fimir models. 

Does anyone have information on release dates for these Forgeworld models? @Ben

The Daemon Prince is finished and will be out soon, Trish said the Dragon is still in progress, they have to sort out where the wings attach to the bodywith some machining, which is why they weren't attached in the photo I think. What you see there is an early resin cast , kind of like a proof of concept.

She said a few months yet.

I asked how long it took her and she said several months and that she wasn't doing any more Dragons for a while!

Jeff Nguyen said he had more Fimir coming, some of his WIP were in the display case, and Steve Robertson was working on more Khorne stuff I think.

I asked them about future Chaos Dwarf releases coming, and they said yes more will come.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to say guys, but this rumour thread and the rumours at War Of Sigmar are really pants. Less titillating that an average episode of Miss Marple, and less mysterious than a Kinder Egg.

I want proper, meaty, juicy rumours giving me an insight into what's coming 6-12 months away (my project turning circle) - all we get these days are what I suppose are tactical GW 'leaks' giving no more than a very short advance on a release schedule. The momentous End Time / 'round base' AoS rumours were hitting a from an ominous distance, months in advance like a massive great asteroid; now it's a blizzard of titchy crumbs.

>OMG Bonesplittas next!!
>(next day) OMG piccies on some French/German site!
>(hours later) Battletime Rulesz OMG!
...pause for breath
>(next day) Stampede to procure the latest filth

Too quick for me, my friends. Can't someone tell me what the next book but three is? Then I can aim at something not moving at a million miles an hour. Is that too much to ask, Jesus?

Basically I want @Ben to tell me when Dark Elves are up - because surely he wouldn't be rebasing onto rounds for no good reason? Or would he... duh duh duhhh!

• Like 2

Flipping heck - it's like I rubbed a Genie's lamp and six minutes later I get my answer [emoji4]

Problem is all the decent rumour mongers have gone except Sad Panda who also hasn't posted anything in a while.

GW seem to have clamped down a lot recently.

If you check the first post I keep it updated with everything I hear and a bit of speculation and pricing together, although exact order and dates are hard to come by.

Thanks @The Jabber Tzeentch I'm only messing and I super appreciate your thread. My last post was genuine because I was too lazy and stupid to check the first post [emoji4] (my first post though was tongue in cheek)

No probs! I know what you mean, we all want to know what's going on that's why I made this thread :)

Generally the posts within the thread itself are from others posting the immediate news as it comes out. I mainly just update the first post with advanced rumours. A lot of the recent releases were rumoured and documented months ago.

I normally post as well when I update the main thread so just keep an eye out for them.

• Like 1