The Rumour Thread

GW keep bringing on the Stormcasts, I'll keep buying them!!!:)

1 hour ago, CountryMou3e said:

We need a giant vanguard turkey , stardrake style.

Indeed we do - I am actually looking into converting a General on Griffon to put a Stormcast on top (with the Allies rules, that would work - and from a narrative standpoint, how cool would it be to have 3 different sizes of turkeys running around?)

I think we all want other factions to get some love (aelfs, Nurgle and Death, amongst others...), but I am not against getting a few poster boy models in between...

1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

Oh yeah, but it just hit me that we should expect one soon. No better time to do it than witha rules update 

Indeed, it would make sense fro GW to release both the GH17 and FAQ at the same time, and make sure that one doesn't contradict the other.

1 hour ago, mdkinker said:

DeadFingers on War of Sigmar pointed out the similarity between the Rumo(u)r Engine and this drawing of a Death Guard from an AdeptiCon teaser. (stick and bottles are upper right)

Thumbnail

Lame... 

Nurgle in fantasy is sorely due some loving. Grandfather nurgle loves all but gets little in return :(

15 minutes ago, chord said:

nurgle was a primary antagonist in the realmgate wars

Didn't get nothing out of it lol.

Literally.

No rules, no book, no models. Most of the nurgle talk centred around a few heroes as they were being killed by stormcast...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Didn't get nothing out of it lol.

Literally.

No rules, no book, no models. Most of the nurgle talk centred around a few heroes as they were being killed by stormcast...

lots of great stories in the campaign books and some nice battalions

Just now, chord said:

lots of great stories in the campaign books and some nice battalions

which you cant use outside of narrative or open, at which point it doesnt matter as you can just smash any nurgle together and make it fairly good as it all synergies.

most of the characters from nurgle are so garbage you don't see them played. never seen orghotts on the table top in aos id forgotten he even existed tbh , seen morbidex twice, glottkin a few times simply more for model than rules, no one wants to buy 15 boxes of blightkings to make a army and slaves to darkness suck to add to them, with no rules in the gbh2 if they dont get a release they wont see play until 2018

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

which you cant use outside of narrative or open, at which point it doesnt matter as you can just smash any nurgle together and make it fairly good as it all synergies.

most of the characters from nurgle are so garbage you don't see them played. never seen orghotts on the table top in aos id forgotten he even existed tbh , seen morbidex twice, glottkin a few times simply more for model than rules, no one wants to buy 15 boxes of blightkings to make a army and slaves to darkness suck to add to them, with no rules in the gbh2 if they dont get a release they wont see play until 2018

2 out of 3 ain't bad

18 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Personally I think it's appalling what they did with the Indices in 40k. 

On hey guys, grab the indices, you'll need them to play! Oh, just kidding, we've got a new Marine dex coming for you in 3 weeks time and half the content in the indices are going to be out of date in 6 months time.

I agree, they should have just not released any new army books.

9_9

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, your reply count is 6,666 right now, Rhellion. :D

Anyway, didn't they allow refunds for those outdated books?

The complaint is that GW sold index books at the start of 40k 8th edition and soon after made some of them obsolete by releasing codexes.

Personally, I don't think this complaint has any merit. In  the very presentation at Adepticon back in March they made it clear that codexes were coming as quickly as possible. This is also mentioned in several article on the community site and Facebook before the preorder date. 

Complaining about the bloodbound and Stormcast books being made obsolete so guickly is a somewhat valid, but the index books, like the grand alliance books, were clearly and deliberately designed as a stopgap.

This is from the official announcement post in May.

"Oh, and don’t worry, this doesn’t mean Orks and Tyranids are now on the same side, it just means they share a book for the moment. In the future, they’ll get their own dedicated codexes." 

• Like 1