The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, alghero81 said:

If vampires are not heaven infantry but just heroes, it is possible that we see the first army with no limit to leaders? That way you could field as many vampires you want. Or maybe depending on the bloodline you can field up to X vampires exceeding the battlefield role like FEC can exceed the limit of behemoths?

Maybe something like non-leader heroes (like Grimwrath berzerks) but with an allegiance abilitiy with "Leader if..." like all conditional battlelines could do the job.

48 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

I think their point was mainly to do with the fact that underworld Warbands generally don't have more than two models of a "hero" level or up - the others are either fairly direct port-overs of units, or of a comparable level when compared to them.

If the soulblight team were the exception, then either they'd be entirely unbalanced compared to the other Warbands, or gravelords' soulblight heroes are going to be way underpowered from what they should be

I think it’s probably best not to try and draw too precise a line between a hero’s strength in WHU and in AoS. Fjul-Grimnir is a Runefather and he can still get stomped by WHU fighters who in AoS would be nothing to him. The mechanics are too different and don’t correspond particularly tightly, by design.

It’s not inconceivable that you could have a WHU warband made up entirely of fighters who are balanced with other warbands in WHU, but whose AoS rules are then wildly more powerful than those of other warbands. Not saying that’s what will happen here - I have no expectation that GW will break their streak of making dull, nothing AoS rules for WHU warbands - but it’s possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

So what do we think will be on pre order next Saturday? Cursed city stuff? Broken realms? Lumineth?

My guess is that there won't be anything. Why would they announce the dark Eldar date but not Teclis or cursed city if they were coming first?

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

My guess is that there won't be anything. Why would they announce the dark Eldar date but not Teclis or cursed city if they were coming first?

Not sure but they don’t typically do the same game in a row so it should be AOS next. I think we will see either cursed city + underworlds or Broken realms + Lumineth. They’ve been showing off cursed city heavily and we are definitely getting Lumineth this month as that’s what the new coin is about. However to release all of broken realms Lumineth and cursed city is a lot so I think it will be two AOS releases this month or cursed city isn’t coming till April maybe. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It seems odd that the Lumineth promotional model and medallion is out this month. One would assume the new models, and possibly the new battletome, would be released in the same month.

Of greater interest, I wonder if a promotional model for Be’lakor’s release will be offered. Maybe a cool little daemon?

There is a chance we see a BR Teclis announcement together with some or all of the LRL today. The LRL were definitely planned to be released in March (and before that in February): a tie-in novel, a tie-in WD, the short story, the BR Teclis Warcry special, the model/medal.

I originally thought they’d release Cursed City before LRL, but I think that’s they one which has been delayed. The latest Deadwalker article didn’t sound like they are going to announce them this Sunday.

But their release schedule is so messed up, and that cryptic message about further delaying something that was planned to drop at some point to some other point could mean anything, so who knows? I’m sure we at least see BR Teclis being announced this month, not a 3 months plus delay like last time. With already the next one being shown they have to get BR Teclis out. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It seems odd that the Lumineth promotional model and medallion is out this month. One would assume the new models, and possibly the new battletome, would be released in the same month.

Of greater interest, I wonder if a promotional model for Be’lakor’s release will be offered. Maybe a cool little daemon?

I'm sure they intended to release the Lumineth in March. The question is how badly the various shipping issues have affected them. I think they are playing catch up after the snow storm in America which closed their warehouse. 

The article last week was pretty vague but it did say that gw want to ship worldwide simultaneously in the future. 

31 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

There is a chance we see a BR Teclis announcement together with some or all of the LRL today. The LRL were definitely planned to be released in March (and before that in February): a tie-in novel, a tie-in WD, the short story, the BR Teclis Warcry special, the model/medal.

I originally thought they’d release Cursed City before LRL, but I think that’s they one which has been delayed. The latest Deadwalker article didn’t sound like they are going to announce them this Sunday.

But their release schedule is so messed up, and that cryptic message about further delaying something that was planned to drop at some point to some other point could mean anything, so who knows? I’m sure we at least see BR Teclis being announced this month, not a 3 months plus delay like last time. With already the next one being shown they have to get BR Teclis out. 

I think we will see br Teclis and Lumineth first too, it makes sense as it is needed to progress the timeline and new main AOS releases. Belakor has been announced already so I think it’s definitely due soon to set the stage for Belakor. I wonder if Teclis will hint towards soulblight at all or if that’s a release for late in the year. Either way cursed city seemed like the big  AOS game for the year as AOS 3 has no doubt been delayed to 2022. I can see it as the April release if not this month then Belakor in may/June 

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

I think we will see br Teclis and Lumineth first too, it makes sense as it is needed to progress the timeline and new main AOS releases. Belakor has been announced already so I think it’s definitely due soon to set the stage for Belakor. I wonder if Teclis will hint towards soulblight at all or if that’s a release for late in the year. Either way cursed city seemed like the big  AOS game for the year as AOS 3 has no doubt been delayed to 2022. I can see it as the April release if not this month then Belakor in may/June 

I'm hoping for a 2021 release for 3.0 this year, even Christmas would suffice!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping for a 2021 release for 3.0 this yes, even Christmas would suffice!!

Maybe, it’s possible as that gives time for broken realms to finish as I’m not sure how many novels that will be. I’m hoping for something cool destruction wise for 3.0 so I don’t think we will get a book on them.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The article last week was pretty vague but it did say that gw want to ship worldwide simultaneously in the future. 

Surely global supply chains can be reorganised to prioritise toy soldiers over food. Caffeine should not be deprioritised. We need toy soldiers and caffeine. Hopefully more people that think like us will gain influence in Davos. The world economy needs the right sort of leadership.

41 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Maybe, it’s possible as that gives time for broken realms to finish as I’m not sure how many novels that will be. I’m hoping for something cool destruction wise for 3.0 so I don’t think we will get a book on them.

The first starter box was SCE versus Khorne, and the second was SCE versus Nighthaunt. So it should be SCE versus one of the Destruction factions this time, right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Surely global supply chains can be reorganised to prioritise toy soldiers over food. Caffeine should not be deprioritised. We need toy soldiers and caffeine. Hopefully more people that think like us will gain influence in Davos. The world economy needs the right sort of leadership.

The first starter box was SCE versus Khorne, and the second was SCE versus Nighthaunt. So it should be SCE versus one of the Destruction factions this time, right?

Yeah I’m not a destruction player but I’d like it to be expanded on I just hope it’s not iron jaws. 

10 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Yeah I’m not a destruction player but I’d like it to be expanded on I just hope it’s not iron jaws. 

It would be in character for GW to do something weird like introduce Fimir as a new faction.

22 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I am not sure about that. Do you really see any Destruction army being a part of starter boxes that appeal to Newcomers? Soulblight Gravelords are a saver bet even for veterans because they will buy up those boxes aswell. That scheme already worked with new Necron units in 40K.

18 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I am not sure about that. Do you really see any Destruction army being a part of starter boxes that appeal to Newcomers? Soulblight Gravelords are a saver bet even for veterans because they will buy up those boxes aswell. That scheme already worked with new Necron units in 40K.

They could expand Ironjaws with new units, they're basically the destruction analogs to stormcast.

That or do gloomspite. Night goblins were part of the skull pass boxset for fantasy back in the day, so it wouldn't be a first for them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

They could expand Ironjaws with new units, they're basically the destruction analogs to stormcast.

That or do gloomspite. Night goblins were part of the skull pass boxset for fantasy back in the day, so it wouldn't be a first for them.

I wouldn’t mind bonesplitters like the warband on the way. Or spider goblins brought up. 

37 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Orks are a classic fantasy (the genre) race. I could see a Stormcasts vs. Ironjawz doing very well. 

Orks appeal to newcomer, and new Ironjawz to the content starved Orruk Wartribes players. 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Orks are a classic fantasy (the genre) race. I could see a Stormcasts vs. Ironjawz doing very well. 

Orks appeal to newcomer, and new Ironjawz to the content starved Orruk Wartribes players. 

Yeah, greenskins have been in two separate WHFB starters (orcs vs empire in 6th ed and night gobbos vs dwarves in 7th ed) as well as in two starters for 40k. It’d be a classic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, greenskins have been in two separate WHFB starters (orcs vs empire in 6th ed and night gobbos vs dwarves in 7th ed) as well as in two starters for 40k. It’d be a classic.

Also fantasy 4th edition, which was high elves vs night goblins

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

And orcs vs empire was Whfb 6th edition starter set !

Yes,orruks just deserve it !

My bet is Stormcast vs Mix Orruks 

• Like 2

I'd personally prefer it if SCE wasn't in the 3.0 starter box, I get that it's supposed to be the "beginner-friendly" army but it's also the one that's consistently led me not to buy any of the starter sets. I don't hate the army but I don't quite dig its aesthetic as much as the majority of the other armies and I would have likely picked up at least one of those sets if we had a different army instead of SCE, though I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion or not. A wider variety in starter set armies might be beneficial, though I do get the advantage of having a consistent element in them.

I'd like Cities of Sigmar much more, though I wonder if it might be a little odd if one of the starting armies has quite a bit of content taken from old WHFB armies. I mean, I wouldn't mind at all, but I'm not sure that would apply to everyone.

• Like 3