The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

Sylvaneth would likely fit rather well in Destruction save that she's still got an Aelf element to her thinking on how she also works and improves the land. 

Funny enough, I've been thing pretty much the same thing!

Sylvaneth occupy a weird place in the game, in that a good argument could be made for putting them in either Order or Destruction. They clearly don't care for civilization or technological, economical, or agricultural advancement and development, but they also have a far more sophisticated social structure than most Destruction factions. Might-makes-right doesn't really cut it with them.

Then again, if the Kurnothi get bundled into the Sylvaneth, they pick up the hunter/prey dynamic (very Destruction) while also expanding the intricacy of their social nature (which is very much Order's thing.)

I keep wondering if GW isn't going to work in a 5th Grand Alliance at some point. At the moment, GA Aelves is the only one I can see them pulling off (and there's some good reasons why that might never work.)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Whatever happens with destro I hope there are some lasting ramifications with their next plot development.

Hell, I'd rather see Gordrakk face off against siggy and die than just the same old tired plot. At least he'd go out in a proper scrap.

Nothing but glory there!!!

That would truly be a fitting end for any orruk. Dying in joyful combat by the biggest, baddest and dangerous foe possible would most likely be the dream scenario for orruks, perhaps only be rivaled by bringing the foe down with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have an army of legions of Nagash, and my story is that they have been betrayed while fighting the forces of chaos and serving undeath for eternity is the only way they had to exact their revenge against the chaos forces that slaughtered them and the order forces that betrayed them. And I personally don’t care if Nagash deep inside controls them, they have enough free will to do what they want on the tabletop, and occasionally get some help from Neferata because she is cool. So Nagash being the great god of death never bothered me. He has generals and mortarchs specifically because he can’t be everywhere at all time. 

On another topic I just noticed the old herald of Slaanesh, the one called Viceleader, is not available anymore neither in the US or UK webstore. How comes? She/he still appears in the last battletome right? Is there another way to get it? Maybe from pieces of the chariot?

I am increasingly getting the impression, that destruction players are so desperate for attention that they try to justify to add any race to destruction, it doesn‘t matter. The reason being that every race has destroyed something at some point, so it could be added to Destruction 🤣

sry guys. I don‘t see any aelves, humans, duardin or Chaos worshippers joining the ravaging mindless hordes that are set on fighting and destruction only :P

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I am increasingly getting the impression, that destruction players are so desperate for attention that they try to justify to add any race to destruction, it doesn‘t matter. The reason being that every race has destroyed something at some point, so it could be added to Destruction 🤣

sry guys. I don‘t see any aelves, humans, duardin or Chaos worshippers joining the ravaging mindless hordes that are set on fighting and destruction only :P

I don't think other factions should or will be moved to Destruction, I just want something new and original and the Silent People would be perfect for that.

• Like 4

Cross race factions would be hella dope, orcs clad in flayed skin armour for Death. Vampires alligned to Khorne. Elf Berserkers being half animal and in wanton drunk battle lusts. And Ogor mercenaries clad in Stormcast scavenged armour. So much breadth and possibilities that Dogs of War could fulfil in the Mortal Realms. 

Speaking of army cross overs, and going back to Ulfenkarn - all the heroes seem tobe from Order, Dwarf, Elf, mysterious wizards and the Humans. The Ogor, which doesn’t fit in with any of the Ogor models in destruction stands out like a bad ass thumb, and his armour is fairly ornate. Are we just seeing a a one off Ogor merc, the possibility of more Ogor Merc’s, or opening up the way for more Ogors to be part of Order- would be cool to have Ogors that follow the path of Destruction, and a less tribal group of Ogors play a role in the Cities. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

Tbh they divided the factions by race and came up with reasons later, personally i think Sylvaneth and possibly Fyreslayers fit with Destruction and Idoneth could easily have slotted into Death (just have them shack up with Nagash as fellow soul robbers after daddy Teclis booted them) which would mean a less mega bloated Order faction and a bit more interest to the different factions.

But then id rather the Grand Alliances were more political/religious than the weird bio essentialism we currently have. ;)

• Like 4

The Alliance system is a bit adhoc. Maybe it should have been two axis, one with order and chaos on opposite poles, and the other with creation and destruction on opposite poles.

Death would be a perversion of creation (artificial life) in this scheme. So creation would have the Sylvaneth and some Dwarves, plus death as it 's dark side. I find the suggestion that Idoneth Deepkin are a Death faction to be an appealing idea. So they would be in creation too. Order would keep DoK as the black sheep of that family. Or not. Possibly they are really  Chaos elves. They don't seem very 'orderly', do they? But no elves in destruction? Perhaps that is what the goblins really are? Also, the opposition of Dwarves in creation and Orks in destruction would help explain their instinctive animosity. See, this concept has explanatory power.

Anyway, order/ chaos axis and creation/destruction axis would seem a bit more logically consistent than GW's current Alliance concept. Could it be tied in with the winds of magic? Surely it would be easier to build some fantasy cosmology around a consistent pattern than an adhoc arrangement?

• Like 1

What destruction needs is a industrial race based around... destruction, but not destruction for pure chaos but destruction of everything by pure design, be it for greed, or whatever.  Stop making destruction the "ugly people with prehistorical technology" alliance.

Some could arguee a faction like that would fit "Order" better. But thats easely fixed by making their obsesion for destroying the enviroment part of their race, and is society just "orderly" enough to function to accomplish this goal. As others have pointed out, goblins and ogors can have "functional" civilizations, like any mercenary ogre kingdom based around protecting caravan routes ala old world with Greasus Gooldtoth.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Galas said:

What destruction needs is a industrial race based around... destruction, but not destruction for pure chaos but destruction of everything by pure design, be it for greed, or whatever.  Stop making destruction the "ugly people with prehistorical technology" alliance.

That would be an interesting way to  re-introduce Fimir actually, have them attempt to smother the world in polluting fog/smoke that allows them to enter the environment more. 

• Like 2

Tbf I like that we have two 'monogod' GAs and two 'pantheon' GAs.

It makes a 'axis' between the four that's easily distinguishable. 

Death - Monogod, Authority (You're either with Nagash... Or ugh... Dead(?))

Destruction - Monogod, Freedom (Gorkamorka Is Da Biggest But Who Cares? WE KRUMPIN!)

Chaos - Pantheon, Freedom (Pick A God, Any God. Now, Murder Everyone for your god! Yes, Everyone! Even Yourself!)

Order - Pantheon, Authority. (This is Sigmar. He's in charge. Yes, He will send 8ft tall demigods down from the sky to murder you.)

There is probably a political compass meme here somewhere?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Galas said:

Some could arguee a faction like that would fit "Order" better. But thats easely fixed by making their obsesion for destroying the enviroment part of their race, and is society just "orderly" enough to function to accomplish this goal. As others have pointed out, goblins and ogors can have "functional" civilizations, like any mercenary ogre kingdom based around protecting caravan routes ala old world with Greasus Gooldtoth.

I agree with most of what you have said here, a highly industry focused Destruction faction is also big on my wish list. But I have a problem with the "ugly people" part, most Destruction models are beautiful, Order has the market cornered on ugly people.

Screenshot_20210227-194317.png

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dracan said:

Why do a fair few people keep  wanting death to be like chaos?

Not the grimdark parody of order but rather machiavellian scheming between superpower people with an aversion to sunlight?

The whole point of death is its inevitability and the singular focus on the twisted order thereof.

Bringing lets say "free will" 

Vampires should not have free will, maybe the illusion thereof?  But if they did, there would be no down side to death, vampirisms would for all intents and purposes be a blessing not a curse.

Lol what....

Theres plenty of downsides to death and vampires are meant to be incredibly powerful, intelligent beings.  They have existed in the old world as free thinking, intelligent beings after their own goals etc. So why not now? Why should some overgrown skeleton overule the entirety of the death faction forever?

I say bring back vampire counts how they used to be. Incredibly powerful creatures of the night with grand schemes and want to rule over themselves, not be controlled by some 'god of death'.

Even some of the characters we currently have (manny, neferata) existed in the old world with nagash and were not controlled by him.

Skeletons, zombies and other undead minions controlled by magic fine, dont give them free will, but vampires??  Come on now.

NAGASH WAS WEAK, WITNESS TRUE POWER.

Edited by Ghoooouls
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, alghero81 said:

obviously I’m joking, but give me insectoid army any day of the year, don’t care about the grand alliance

hot take but the Silent People should not and do not deserve to be "Destruction"

Any insectoid civilization would be modeled off of communal species like Ants or Termites; these species are extremely industrious, efficient, and one could even describe them as 'orderly.'

Now for a while I've been thinking GW should split our largest Grand Alliance into Order and Dominion (Morathi being the biggest example of who fits into 'Dominion'), which would mean the Silent People could be placed into either category without feeling like Order is overloaded while other alliances feel lacking.

42 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Destruction - Monogod, Freedom (Gorkamorka Is Da Biggest But Who Cares? WE KRUMPIN!) 

Destruction could be seen as a pantheon as well.

We got Gorkamorka and his incarnation as the Gulping God and Suneater, Behemat, Ravenak, Da Spider God, Da Badmoon, and there has even been mentions of Da Evil Sun.

• Like 3

Silent People are Destruction because they are most likely base off  locust.  They will awaken to feed and they worship beastgrave.  There is a reason why the Seraphon are trying to stop the prophecy and blow up beastgrave.

Edited by xking
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Galas said:

I didn't see this before replying, it's definitely a great idea that breaks Destruction out of the primitive trope! I'm torn though, because insectoids tend to be typecast as these kinds of races as well, so having one finally be Order-ish would be cooler for me personally

9 minutes ago, xking said:

Silent People are Destruction because they are most likely base off  locust.  They will awaken to feed and they worship beastgrave.  There is a reason why the Seraphon are trying to stop the prophecy and blow up beastgrave.

well we'll need a clarification on that "Silent" part then because I've never known locusts to be silent :P