The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I’d agree about the dying chaos warrior not being anything too wild. 

Background-wise, chaos forces really do kill other chaos forces all the time. You could look at it as a sacrifice, an example made of an underling, internal strife, whatever. Belakor’s still StD.

Thematically it’s something more interesting and most likely indicates (i) Belakor’s role as deceiver and possessor, and (ii) Belakor’s personal opposition to the Everchosen as greatest (mortal) champion of the dark gods, with this poor dead chap a symbolic stand-in for what he’d like to do to Archaon.

If you like we could also make the point that the emphasis this mode puts on his killing another chaos dude - I don’t think there’s actually many chaos models with other dead chaos folks on their bases - has faintly Malal-esque resonances but at that stage it’s a little bit in the eye of the beholder.

Even more interesting: Be’Lakor seems to be sapping the essence of the dead chaos warrior 🤔 maybe he eats souls now ?

12 hours ago, ShyishBarry said:

I highly doubt the thing that saved Ven Brecht was Be'lakor. There's both the size issue as well the fact that it'd seem a little beneath Be'lakor to break into a prison personally just to rescue one Stormcast. Surely he'd send servants to handle something like that, right?

i remember that the Shadowstalkers from Catecombs where said to have made a pact with Shadow daemons in order to gain their powers. maybe Belekors is related to or is the progenitor of these daemons and they follow him directly. maybe these are the same beings that rescue Von Brecht. 

of course if it is Be'lakor that is pulling the strings and decided to free a stormcast eternals, he is definitely doing something very well though out 5d chess plan.

• Like 2

Remember the "typo" from that book that said Malerion was a chaos God? Maybe it wasn't a typo and Malerion / Belakor are part of chaos as a new shadow daemon thingy.

Of course this makes little to no sense and is almost certainly untrue, but I am getting a bit tired of all the Malerion teases without them going anywhere.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Remember the "typo" from that book that said Malerion was a chaos God? Maybe it wasn't a typo and Malerion / Belakor are part of chaos as a new shadow daemon thingy.

Of course this makes little to no sense and is almost certainly untrue, but I am getting a bit tired of all the Malerion teases without them going anywhere.

*With them getting lost in the sahdows XD

53 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

My thought over the weekend was something similar - what if Malerion and Belakor are now one in a similar way to Nagash consuming all the other Death Gods

So. Possible AOS releases schedule (everything is a bit delayed because COVID) :

WHQ Cursed Cities, end of March,

BR Teclis + Lumineth Battletome 2, April,

BR Alarielle May/June : 

• First part : we'll see Alarielle and Gardus protecting Ghyran from Nagash, more precisely a Nighthaunt invasion (NH are getting a new Hero and didn't get rules in BR : Morathi or BR : Teclis). Then Alarielle will snap and turn on her allies. After a bloody war and few Cities getting destroyed, Sigmar himself manifests in Ghyran to parlay
  • MEANWHILE IN AZYR : Be'lakor appears on the Sigmarabulum (the space station around Mallus) via Eshin Gnawholes (we know there are some already), and while Sigmar and the Sacrosancts Chambers are abroad, he wrecks the Anvil of the Apotheosis. The Stormcast becomes an endangered Species.
  • End : Gordrakk and Skargrot talks to their horde as the walls of Excelsis are in sight. 

Then, AOS Third Edition (around August*) and new story arcs Destruction in ascendency with Excelsis besieged / destroyed, the Slaanesh Newborn warring with the Aelves, the Duardin on their way to be united again (but CHAOS DWARFS happens), Archaon losing his grip on Chaos because of Be'lakor**, Azyr***being breached by Destruction or by Be'lakor & Co., the Sigmarabulum destroyed, and FINALLY the Stormcast no longer Eternals !

* Soulblight are "later this year" so maybe October ?

**between him and the Great Horned Rat in the Pantheon, we indeed have Malal reborn :P

*** BR : Alarielle or the 3rd ed. Core Book better feature a map of Azyr or else.....

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So. Possible AOS releases schedule (everything is a bit delayed because COVID) :

BR Alarielle May/June : 

• First part : we'll see Alarielle and Gardus protecting Ghyran from Nagash, more precisely a Nighthaunt invasion (NH are getting a new Hero and didn't get rules in BR : Morathi or BR : Teclis). Then Alarielle will snap and turn on her allies. After a bloody war and few Cities getting destroyed, Sigmar himself manifests in Ghyran to parlay
  • MEANWHILE IN AZYR : Be'lakor appears on the Sigmarabulum (the space station around Mallus) via Eshin Gnawholes (we know there are some already), and while Sigmar and the Sacrosancts Chambers are abroad, he wrecks the Anvil of the Apotheosis. The Stormcast becomes an endangered Species.
  • End : Gordrakk and Skargrot talks to their horde as the walls of Excelsis are in sight. 

Then, AOS Third Edition (around August*) and new story arcs Destruction in ascendency with Excelsis besieged / destroyed, the Slaanesh Newborn warring with the Aelves, the Duardin on their way to be united again (but CHAOS DWARFS happens), Archaon losing his grip on Chaos because of Be'lakor**, Azyr***being breached by Destruction or by Be'lakor & Co., the Sigmarabulum destroyed, and FINALLY the Stormcast no longer Eternals !

**between him and the Great Horned Rat in the Pantheon, we indeed have Malal reborn :P

*** BR : Alarielle or the 3rd ed. Core Book better feature a map of Azyr or else.....

So they want to really make SCE into Space Marines ? (With limiting their numbers and upgrading their "eltiness") 

Man seems that Sigmar didn't achieve much with that whole SCE plot arc.

3 minutes ago, eciu said:

So they want to really make SCE into Space Marines ? (With limiting their numbers and upgrading their "eltiness") 

Except ushering in the whole Age of Sigmar thingy, right ? 😛 retaking key Realmgates and foudning the Free Cities also seems to be a good deal IMO. 

Alternatively, if Be'lakor damage the Anvil, it could just worsen the Reforging Flaw we already know about.  

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Except ushering in the whole Age of Sigmar thingy, right ? 😛 retaking key Realmgates and foudning the Free Cities also seems to be a good deal IMO. 

Alternatively, if Be'lakor damage the Anvil, it could just worsen the Reforging Flaw we already know about.  

Those cities which are about to fall one by one ?

It seems much worse than whatever elves are doing (especially the twin elves). 

Heck even the Nagash seems to be doing fine, and actually having more influence on other realms than Sigmar (and still keeping his own turf mostly intact - up to BR:Teclis). Also didn't Nagash be more successfull in invading all points than Sigmar ?

So anvil is going the way of Golden Throne ?

Edited by eciu

Ok, I'm ready for a new edition of my  Releases Calendar Guesses:

March
Broken Realms 2: Teclis
First wave of Lumineth

April

Second wave of Lumineth
Cursed City

May
Soulblight Gravelords (it will be a small release).

New Nighthaunt + Gardus

June
Broken Realms 3: Alarielle 
Bel'akor

July

Age of Sigmar 3.0: The Spear of Mallus is destroyed and new portals appear from all the realms, including Azyr.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3

On 1/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, HorticulusTGA said:

(...) f. They could belong to that new Vampire Bloodline, the ferocious Vyrkos...

The WD article about Godbeasts is WD n°460 (so the one after the Spiderfang issue, who contains the Age of Chaos timeline), p. 13 : 

I was apparently on point with that whole Vyrkos new vampiric bloodline ! They are the creatures of Hrunspuul, the Hound of the Cairns (a Shyishian Godbeast). 

1411055446_VyrkosVampire.png.35feeb1205afaa78dda10acb4f0dcb74.png

BTW @KingBrodd I still hope one of the expansion (If we get any) will feature a Golemkind or Cog-automaton of some sort as an Explorer (or even hostiles) 😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok, I'm ready for a new edition of my  Releases Calendar Guesses:

March
Broken Realms 2: Teclis
First wave of Lumineth

April

Second wave of Lumineth
Cursed City
New Nighthaunt + Gardus

May
Soulblight Gravelords (it will be a small release)

June
Broken Realms 3: Alarielle 
Bel'akor

July

Age of Sigmar 3.0: The Mallus Spear is destroyed and new portals appear from all the realms, including Azyr.

August
Malerion Alves released
Boxed set vs Lumineth

September 
Start of next Campaign Arc "War of the Aelves" 
War of the Aelves: Tyrion

October
Third wave of Lumineth

November
War of the Aelves: Alith Anar

December
Christmas themed Lumineth set
Fyreslayers get one new Model...looks the same as the other's

My prediction! : p 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BR Alarielle May/June : 

Well lets hope you're wrong because this sounds like a horrible development   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Skjold said:

My theory for what Bel'akor might be up to with the Skaven is that hes going to try and destroy the Anvil of Apotheosis.

To destroy the impossible,’ said the winged monstrosity, rising from its shadowy throne. ‘And in doing so, to bring about the end of the eternal.’

Bringing about the end of the Eternal in Stormcast. This also plays into my theory for 3rd edition which i think might be based on the fall of Azyr and Sigmar fleeing Azyr.

The bigger question you should ask yourself is what will happen if the deathmaster will be able to destroy the impossible.

will Belakor be next on the deathmasters toll,

or is he already😜🙃!?

40 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

And what part of my (rather long) post sounds horrible to you ? 

To me: all of it. Storywise they‘d write themselves into a corner like they did with WHF and 40K. While being pretty anticlimactic. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess Be’Lakor tries to use the Skaven to kill Archaon.

• Like 3

Just now, JackStreicher said:

To me: all of it. Storywise they‘d write themselves into a corner like they did with WHF and 40K. While being pretty anticlimactic. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess Be’Lakor tries to use the Skaven to kill Archaon.

But we already know : 

- Destruction is in Ascendency and will attack Excelsis.

- The Newborn and the rise in Hedonites number will end in more wars against the Aelves (the Newborn is in Ulgu).

- The Duardin are trying to unite once more (the Duardrazahl blurb in the KO or Fyreselayer tome, the rumor about Grimnir forging something for this people, the ongoing Grombrindal narrative published in White Dwarf). And we know Chaos Duardin are also rumored or featured in the current fluff.

- Alarielle will attack her allies (it was in the reveal article about Broken Realms, and several short stories refers to her treacherous nature). 

I only speculate about how Gardus and the Nighthaunt (confirmed Broken Realms releases) can be tied to BR : Alarielle. And the short story is IMO Be'lakor trying - via Eshin Agents (who have Gnawholes in Azyr already) - to destroy the Sigmarabulum (i.e. "the impossible") to make the Stormcast Eternals not "eternal" anymore. 

That's just speculation of course and I would like the SCE to remain "Reforgeable" but Flawed as they are right now, but that's what the "Dark offering" short story hinted at, so...

1 hour ago, eciu said:

Depends. From a rules perspective, I think Stormcast should work similar to 40K Custodes - a massively low model count elite army (20 or so models), it would let them give Stormcast stats that better reflect their lore without making them too op

i don’t know how you’d deal with the narrative side of things though

Just now, JackStreicher said:

@HorticulusTGA What I should have said: I dislike  with everything you said about the SCE :D . The rest seems plausible.

I agree with you. The SCE are already tragic and "distinct" enough with the Flaw in the Reforging, no need to weaken them further.

BUT. Be'lakor attacking Azyr would be cool for three reasons : 

- We would at last be able to fight in Azyr (with Realm Of Battles rules or, dare I hope, A MAP OF AN AZYRITE REGION !!11!1! :P).

- Be'lakor would have a glorious revenge on Archaon if he gets to the Realm of Heaven first.

- It could mean a redesign of the SCE range to make it more "grimdark" and battle damaged (as they are in John Blanche sketches and on the current Battletome cover). Or it could mean a new Eshin plastic range. 

Then Be'lakor could fail* and just retreat after the attempt, but that still would be cool and a moral victory to attack Sigmar's own power base 

Spoiler

*maybe if some Prosecutors defending the Anvil can grab some rocks..............

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

August
Malerion Alves released
Boxed set vs Lumineth

September 
Start of next Campaign Arc "War of the Aelves" 
War of the Aelves: Tyrion

October
Third wave of Lumineth

November
War of the Aelves: Alith Anar

December
Christmas themed Lumineth set
Fyreslayers get one new Model...looks the same as the other's

My prediction! : p 

What can I say 

17321CC5-5C9B-424F-B49D-B11F1C03C7B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BR Alarielle May/June : 

Sounds terrible, I like my stormcast as they are. 

Edited by xking
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1