The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

The hand looks a little claw like which made me jump to Malerion Aelves. However, it looks so close to those dark eldar weapons so I assume that is correct but do dark eldar often have such freaky hands?

It’s not claws. It’s the top of the hand, with studs on the knuckles, which are common on Dark Eldar models. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Falkman said:

No, but he is correct in that Order Draconis (or whatever the old High Elf stuff was called) was scrapped.

We knew that scrapping will happen. It could be done better but GW warned us.

The problem with @zilberfrid is that constant fear of scrapping any faction (usually CoS) with no reason. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

The real thing to watch for will be if any armies don't get points changes.  That's a good sign that the army might be getting an update.

Not necessarily. Last year Ironjawz got a bunch of updated allegiance abilities and points changes that were promptly replaced by orruk warclans.

Edited by Verminlord

1 hour ago, michu said:

We knew that scrapping will happen. It could be done better but GW warned us.

The problem with @zilberfrid is that constant fear of scrapping any faction (usually CoS) with no reason. 

GW has never stated that nothing with a battletome will get scrapped. That's just an expectation.

Both forgeworld factions are missing from the alliance grid.

I'd be surprised if any of the AoS forgeworld warscrolls that have been removed this year will show up in the list.

Overall, even though three factions (Ossiarch, Lumineth, Behemat) have been added, I don't think there'll be points for more warscrolls in this GHB's point list compared to last year (though I am unsure how many warscrolls were lost in FW).

We knew that scrapping was going to happen about a month before it happened, and the list was available when half of them were already sold out.

9 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

GW has never stated that nothing with a battletome will get scrapped. That's just an expectation.

Tell me. When something with codex, army book or battletome was scrapped?

9 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I'd be surprised if any of the AoS forgeworld warscrolls that have been removed this year will show up in the list.

Look at the FW compendiums - they have rules for models that were long OOP. Scrapped even before AoS. Curs'd Ettin anyone?

EDIT: What's funnier - I checked the FW site and the points were updated in March. Without GHB.

Edited by michu
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, michu said:

Tell me. When something with codex, army book or battletome was scrapped?

If we take the GA Order book as a tome, see July 2019.

And let's not kid ourselves about models made for AoS, see the Excelsior Warpriest and, to a lesser extent Saih and Shard (that I don't think were ever gainfully employed).

24 minutes ago, michu said:

Look at the FW compendiums - they have rules for models that were long OOP. Scrapped even before AoS. Curs'd Ettin anyone?

I thought the FW warscroll points were printed in the same list as the regular points, but they are printed after things like Tomb Kings in 2019. Make of this what you will for matched play.

Last year, it was stated that compendium points would no longer be adjusted, and I thought it would just be things they've discontinued from the regular line, but maybe it's also from the FW line.

I must note Tamurkhan, Azorgh and the monsters already were not in any ally list before.

Edited by zilberfrid

7 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If we take the GA Order book as a tome, see July 2019.

Don't treat them as battletomes, rather as something like 40k indexes. That was different era. All warscrolls in those books were outdated in 2019 and they didn't even have allegiance abilities. There is no point for these books to exist now.

EDIT: 

7 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

And let's not kid ourselves about models made for AoS, see the Excelsior Warpriest and, to a lesser extent Saih and Shard (that I don't think were ever gainfully employed).

Those miniatures didn't have their own battletomes. And Mistweaver Saih is still sold. And Excelsior Warpriest still exist in the lore, look at the Soulbound. I still believe that one of those rumour engines is for Devoted of Sigmar. There's no better time for Warpriest to  return. Doomseeker also disappeared for a while and he's back.

Edited by michu

4 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Tamurkhan is currently a subfaction of Nurgle, and thus is in the ally list as Nurgle.

Ah, then the Pitched Battle list 2019 is just wrong.

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Don't treat them as battletomes, rather as something like 40k indexes. That was different era. All warscrolls in those books were outdated in 2019 and they didn't even have allegiance abilities. There is no point forthese books to exist now.

If you scrap them as a whole, that's another set of warscrolls gone. Not all of these are even out of production. I do agree there's no reason for anyone to but GA books.

GW has not yet dumped a faction with an AoS battletome, but they haven't had much time to do so yet. They also haven't stated (that I can find) that they won't ditch any armies with a battletome. I don't think they will scrap battletome armies until AoS 3, but there hasn't been a statement confirming that.

For those who don't pay attention to 40K the pre-order date for the new edition is the 11th of July and the release date is the 25th. This means that pretty much the entire of July is now known. 

We get the Generals handbook, some BL novels and such and that's it for fantasy this month. Next pre-release window will be the 26th of July. Which could well be more 40K to double down on the new edition. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/28/sunday-preview-calling-all-generals/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/01/indomitus-pre-order-date-revealed/

edit
Fanataical are also doing a big bundle deal of books including some AOS ones

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/01/a-brilliant-book-bundle-from-fanatical/

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Not all of these are even out of production

Which ones? All warscrolls in GA were either updated in Battletomes or the miniatures went OOP and the rules with them.

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

GW has not yet dumped a faction with an AoS battletome, but they haven't had much time to do so yet. They also haven't stated (that I can find) that they won't ditch any armies with a battletome. I don't think they will scrap battletome armies until AoS 3, but there hasn't been a statement confirming that.

Again - no faction with a rulebook was ever scrapped (excluding Bretonnia and Tomb Kings but that's not even comparable, launch of AoS was a wild time). 

Just now, michu said:

Which ones? All warscrolls in GA were either updated in Battletomes or the miniatures went OOP and the rules with them.

Again - no faction with a rulebook was ever scrapped (excluding Bretonnia and Tomb Kings but that's not even comparable, launch of AoS was a wild time). 

Mistweave Siah at least, I though Shard as well, but can't see it now, much of the other ones have been taken from production, I've done a cursory look, but much of the rest has been removed from sale, like Basilisk, Chaos Familiars (for sale until february), carmine dragon, magma dragon, merwyrm etc.

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

For those who don't pay attention to 40K the pre-order date for the new edition is the 11th of July and the release date is the 25th. This means that pretty much the entire of July is now known. 

We get the Generals handbook, some BL novels and such and that's it for fantasy this month. Next pre-release window will be the 26th of July. Which could well be more 40K to double down on the new edition. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/28/sunday-preview-calling-all-generals/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/01/indomitus-pre-order-date-revealed/

edit
Fanataical are also doing a big bundle deal of books including some AOS ones

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/01/a-brilliant-book-bundle-from-fanatical/

Should we not get a Pre Order announcement this Sunday? Or am I misunderstanding as per usual Haha

Well hopefully that means an August release for Sons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Mistweave Siah at least, I though Shard as well, but can't see it now, much of the other ones have been taken from production, I've done a cursory look, but much of the rest has been removed from sale, like Basilisk, Chaos Familiars (for sale until february), carmine dragon, magma dragon, merwyrm etc.

I don't understand? Except Chaos Familiars, all of those are FW models and were never in GA book. Mistweaver also doesn't count as she was released after GA books. So which GA book-only units are still in production?

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Should we not get a Pre Order announcement this Sunday? Or am I misunderstanding as per usual Haha

Well hopefully that means an August release for Sons.

Nope, we got our Sunday Pre-Order info today, its early. 

Now this doesn't mean that GW couldn't sneak some extra stuff in, but I'd wager it will all be focused on 9th edition alone. They want 2 weeks pre-order so I'd be surprised if there's anything more than BL books in the week between .

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, michu said:

I don't understand? Except Chaos Familiars, all of those are FW models and were never in GA book. Mistweaver also doesn't count as she was released after GA books. So which GA book-only units are still in production?

Sorry, I don't have the GA books, I thought that, since Siah and Shard never were in any other alliance than Order, they'd be in that book. I also haven't looked everywhere hunting for stuff that may have been discontinued recently.

If the GA Order is no longer an option, it's still unplayable.

GW is dropping stuff left and right (or relegating them to compendium, which is the same), and I don't feel the need to keep up with that.

Edited by zilberfrid

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If the GA Order is no longer an option, it's still unplayable.

That is untrue. You mistook recently the Coalition Matrix (that is only for team play) for scrapping the GA rules. No, they are still here. They are not in GHB2020 (and TBH in GHB 2019 and 2018) because they are in the Core Book. Old GA books didn't even have GA allegiance abilities. They were introduced in GHB2016. On year after those books.

1 hour ago, michu said:

That is untrue. You mistook recently the Coalition Matrix (that is only for team play) for scrapping the GA rules. No, they are still here. They are not in GHB2020 (and TBH in GHB 2019 and 2018) because they are in the Core Book. Old GA books didn't even have GA allegiance abilities. They were introduced in GHB2016. On year after those books.

Okay, I didn't know, I assumed the GA book had GA allegiance abilities. I've only been in the hobby for a bit more than a year.

Last year saw over two warscrolls per month disappear.

They can't keep that up, obviously, but if the "no models, goto compendium status" still holds up, we're looking at 18 FW warscrolls lost, Familiars, 6 Greenskins, Shard, and 33 (if I counted correctly)  casualties of July. Excluding different options, like General with a sensible loadout, of course.

That would bring it to 57, so just a bit less than 5 per month, and more than Bretonnia and Tomb kings combined.

Excuse me if I am not convinced by GW's never spoken commitment to armies (or do you have a link where they state they do?).

Edited by zilberfrid