The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

There was an older channel that is still out there, but I forget the name of it.

Think it was WarhammerTV.  The live stream didn't start until December, other than a couple of games on the old channel (which they've kept so they can stream two events at once).

"unit of dwarves that are suspended by individual hot air balloons."

so you shoot the balloons?

but khorne does not have ranged units!

C4R7-x8VMAE9pQW.jpg

I don't think I will like them. It's even sillier than gyrocopters. (?)

Edited by Sete
  • Like 2

I think the image @Turragor posted is spot on. I said a while back that the Harpoon had me thinking of an Ahab like character for the dwaves - given their long history of grudges - and I think a floating steam ship is a perfect Pequod for him. People are assuming zepplin, but I can imagine those orbs being like the plates on the Nebuchadnezzar from the Matrix, except fantasy instead of SciFi - some kind of aether or warp powered magic ore that allows them to float - it would also prevent people from saying "well just shoot the balloons" 

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I would like to see this direction. Dwarves harness magic by forging items and tools with unique properties instead of casting spells - this is that, but turned to 11.

Cautiously optimistic about the new dwarfs. Here's a new AoS novel that's just been announced and I hadn't seen in the thread yet:

BLComingSoonPlagueGardenHallowedKnightsC

Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar novel

During the greatest battles of the War for Life, the Stormcast Eternals suffered a great tragedy: the Hallowed Knights Lord-Castellant Lorus Grymn was lost to the Realm of Chaos. Now his fellow Steel Souls venture into the domain of Nurgle himself in search of their lost comrade…

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a return to the Mortal Realms… sort of. It's something new for the Age of Sigmar as the Stormcast Eternals take on Chaos not just in the usual places, but right in the very heart of the Dark Gods' own domain.

THE STORY
As the War for the Realm of Life continues, Lord-Castellant Lorrus Grymn leads the battered remnants of the Steel Souls warrior chamber against the sargasso-citadels of the Verdant Bay. The Hallowed Knights claim victory, but at a terrible cost – Grymn is lost to Realm of Chaos. Now Gardus, newly-reforged and fresh from the destruction of the Scabrous Sprawl, must lead his warriors into the foetid heart of Nurgle's realm in search of the Lord-Castellant, where they must once more brave the horrors of the Realm of Decay...

Written by Josh Reynolds.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/hallowed-knights-plague-garden-ebook.html

• Like 2

How long/well written ar GW books recently? I'm a lit student but I've always shied away from the novels - I prefer the shorts and the snippets of lore that you wove together to form a story back in 2E 40K as opposed to when the stories started getting more involved.  That said, I am more open to reading about the Garden of Decay than I would like to admit.

27 minutes ago, JudgeX83 said:

Zeppelins,dwarves with balloons and a new gun unit? Have dwarves given up the melee fight all together? I will wait until release but I'm a bit dissapointed atm

Fyreslayers are mainly close combat oriented. Have also in mind that there may be an inclusion of some dispossed units in the battletome...

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

READ IT BECAUSE

anyone else sorta "meh" about reading more about stormcast crushing the evil bad with the holy lightning power of righteous good-ness?

Any word about books from the perspective of other races? like for instance... elves?  I would pay money for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

From reddit:

This sounds fake. A mix of guessing ("gunners", zeppelin) and trolling (dwarfs on individual balloons? Like hanging from them?)

Waiting for news on this is being increasingly more frustrating. I mean, we KNOW they are coming and it is pretty much certain that they will be released mid march or mid april. We still have no picture nor reliable description of the release. Warhammer TV should just get magnanimous and make a show about it!

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Could be the beginning of the corruption of Stormcast, which brings a surge in the Devoted to purge the taint of Chaos. #rampantspeculation

Josh also said this book will feature female stormcast as well. I do think devoted will come around the time of slaanesh and death considering those two forces like to corrupt people the most. 

8 hours ago, Turragor said:

Surely something can be drawn from this image...

pro.jpg.b0f3288a623bdddd5d011d8e4b2590b8.jpg

The rotation may work, but that is not a spear or harpoon. It is the Bloodthirster's barbed whip... the Khorne symbol is clearly visible.

• Like 4

Just now, Tanka said:

The rotation may work, but that is not a spear or harpoon. It is the Bloodthirster's barbed whip... the Khorne symbol is clearly visible.

Yeah I was thinking that the blood thirster ws spearing something therefore the 'targeting what' under the ship.

But do they have spears? Maybe an axe up top instead. Makes more sense.

Just now, Turragor said:

Yeah I was thinking that the blood thirster ws spearing something therefore the 'targeting what' under the ship.

But do they have spears? Maybe an axe up top instead. Makes more sense.

Its the whip

5 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

How long/well written ar GW books recently? I'm a lit student but I've always shied away from the novels - I prefer the shorts and the snippets of lore that you wove together to form a story back in 2E 40K as opposed to when the stories started getting more involved.  That said, I am more open to reading about the Garden of Decay than I would like to admit.

The most recent Tzeentch book was well written but fairly short and I feel all the GW books are a bit pricey. I still bought it and enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, darkelf said:

anyone else sorta "meh" about reading more about stormcast crushing the evil bad with the holy lightning power of righteous good-ness?

Any word about books from the perspective of other races? like for instance... elves?  I would pay money for that.

The last book was written from the viewpoint of a human in the city guard which was nice. I think there is also one written from a skaven POV but I have not read it.

5 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Some of them are much better than others. Warbeast is the stand out to me of the Realmgate Wars  (but I've not read Lord of Undeath yet).

There are drfinitely some to avoid imho.

I would recommend you listen to the Fjordhammer review of the Gates of Azyr for a very fair review. 

It's fair to say that if you view them as you would books on a literature course you might be disappointed. 

11 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

From reddit:

Although it sounds reasonable I feel that it may be missing some parts (if true).  To wit, look back at some of the recent release sizes:

• Disciples of Tzeentch. Boxed sets of Acolytes, Tzaangor, Enlightened/Skyfires, Tzaangor Shaman, Lord of Change, Blue Horrors / Brimstone Horrors. So four new box sets, a new monster and a new character (ignoring the re-boxing of the Thaumaturge and the Summoner)
  • Stormcast Vanguard chamber. Lord Aquilor, Vanguard-Palladors, Vanguard-Hunters, Vanguard-Raptors, Gryph Hounds. Four box sets and a monstrous mount character.
  • Sylvaneth. Alarielle, Drycha, Kurnoth Hunters, Revenant box, Branchwych. Two monsters, monstrous infantry, infantry, character.
  • Ironjawz. Mawkrusha, Megaboss on foot, Weirdnob, War chanter, Gore-grunta, Brutes. A monster, 3 characters and two units.

Compared to those releases, this leak suggests one character, one monster type unit and two units which would be less than any previous release. Hence, I am not necessarily going to suggest this information is wrong, just that it feels like kind of half the picture at this point.

was speaking to a rep today.

Products remaining in range will be Cogsmith, Gyrocopter/Bomber, Ironbreakers/Irondrakes, Hammerers/Longbeards... all warmachines to go bye bye or at least be replaced by bigger badder ones. Expect all infantry to get a re-pack and price drop (at least at a $ per model cost).

11 minutes ago, Tanka said:

was speaking to a rep today.

Products remaining in range will be Cogsmith, Gyrocopter/Bomber, Ironbreakers/Irondrakes, Hammerers/Longbeards... all warmachines to go bye bye or at least be replaced by bigger badder ones. Expect all infantry to get a re-pack and price drop (at least at a $ per model cost).

If this is true it's very promising

1 hour ago, ZealousJ said:

If this is true it's very promising

The reason I hope this is not true (and the reason I find it unlikely), is that that would spell the end of Dispossessed as a faction. Why would they do that? And they haven't done that before, either, have they? Killed off one faction to make a new one? If Irondrakes and Gyrobombercopters  switched sides, that would sorta make sense, but hammerers/longbeards? (full disclosure: I am a passionate Dispossessed player). The part about the warmachines being phased out sounds sad but probable - they're not the most high quality plastic kits in the range (just like quarrellers/thunderers/warriors. They need to go as well) I also find the number of people who *suddenly* have sources on this new faction really suspicious. No one really knew anything 6 days ago and everyone was asking for the new duardin back then as well.

1 minute ago, Dawnmane said:

The reason I hope this is not true (and the reason I find it unlikely), is that that would spell the end of Dispossessed as a faction. Why would they do that? And they haven't done that before, either, have they? Killed off one faction to make a new one? If Irondrakes and Gyrobombercopters  switched sides, that would sorta make sense, but hammerers/longbeards? (full disclosure: I am a passionate Dispossessed player). The part about the warmachines being phased out sounds sad but probable - they're not the most high quality plastic kits in the range (just like quarrellers/thunderers/warriors. They need to go as well) I also find the number of people who *suddenly* have sources on this new faction really suspicious. No one really knew anything 6 days ago and everyone was asking for the new duardin back then as well.

Sort of agree, sort of disagree. At the moment I actually feel that the older parts of the dispossessed range is a bit of low point - if the warriors and war machines disappeared and we got in return new high quality models that maintained the quality and aesthetic of the hammerers and irondrakes that would be a huge plus. However at the moment as you say they have not killed off anything to create a new faction so I don't know if I feel it is likely.

On the subject of all these new sources, a bit salty yes but on the other hand if they are coming in about two weeks...

3 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I think it makes sense that they are going to take the best kits and include them in new AoS specific faction releases.

It will be interesting to see how they handle taking from factions with a bit of lore and matched play profiles (as opposed to the releases where they took from legacy factions pre-matched play).

There will certainly be a period of crossover. They might even leave it possible to play scrolls in one of two factions? Disposessed or steamhead, Light Aelves or Order Draconis/, Cthulhu Elfboys or Scourge Privateers etc.

Previously:

The ironjawz release did it for ardboyz (correct me if I'm wrong)

The Bonesplittaz release did it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Beastclaws took from Ogre Kingdoms (correct me if I'm wrong)