The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Does anyone know yet if Warhammer Quest has the option to play it without a games master, a la silver tower?

You could have someone run both a player and GM, but they're going to have inside knowledge so someone else would have to determine their actions.  I wouldn't recommend it.

6 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

You could have someone run both a player and GM, but they're going to have inside knowledge so someone else would have to determine their actions.  I wouldn't recommend it.

I think like a DM playing a character with the party in DnD, it could easily be doable. They could still fight in combat like everyone else. You would just want the other players taking the iniative in where to go and what to do etc.

9 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Thanks. That's kindof a shame to me. Maybe I can find some way of merging the silver tower rules with this box if I get it

• Like 1

I'll be very interested to see what format the campaign books (if there are any) look like for this year.

I thought the Realmgate Wars got better and better as they went but the price point was way too high for me. Also way too many battles without any depth of characters.

Hoping to see them continue to improve.

1 minute ago, Barimbino said:

Well we should start seeing the new white dwarf pop up. Hopefully they give some hints at what's to come over the next month. 

think some have already started appearing as subscribers should have their copies now (hoping mine is at home). I'm expecting a 40K focus with probably any AOS releases being Warhammer Quest related (repacks).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dez said:

I've gotten myself a good divorce attorney on retainer, and I'm ready to max out credit cards and remortgage. Dwarf pic please!

Does it make you feel better or worse to know that all those new Duardin are sitting on their sprues, inside their packaging, somewhere in a unknown GW warehouse, just waiting to be shipped?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Shadowheart said:

Its mainly 40k. All the AoS releases in the March White Dwarf are already out, or will be by Saturday.

Potentially there could be something for preorder on the 18th, althought he next month preview doesn't mention anything that could be AoS :(

YrV4oEL.jpg

Adeptus Titanicus is technically not 40K and it is the only system mentioned.  AT has been made public for a while now so it's easier for them to call it out without spoiling something.

I'm pretty sure we've seen most everything in March's issue already and we won't see an April leak for quite some time yet.

5 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

It's worth mentioning that neither 40k nor AoS are mentioned as getting any new releases in that little blurb. And going all of April without either is absurd, so there's something they're keeping from us...

Stealth Duardin.

Yeah it's pretty clear they are hiding something they are keeping the Duardin under tight wraps. 

For context here is the back page of the December white dwarf. No mention whatsoever of gathering storm or the Tzeentch battletome. They usually want to keep the next months releases secret especially if it is something new. 

As a side note Rob mentioned that warhammer live that they would be getting some kind of exclusive soon. I think we may see the new AOS release featured next week or the week after. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AAL said:

Do we havce a vague timeline of what is rumored for this year? I know I want to start a 1000 pt army project but so many exciting options down the road!

Not like we used to.  All we have is fairly rough stuff on Duardin, Dark Elves, and a build up towards something Slaanesh (via WHQ).

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Not really.  All we have is fairly vague stuff on Duardin, Dark Elves, and a build up towards something Slaanesh (via WHQ).

Hmm was hoping to hear something free guild as well. Alas still so much to choose from.

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

For context here is the back page of the December white dwarf. No mention whatsoever of gathering storm or the Tzeentch battletome. They usually want to keep the next months releases secret especially if it is something new. 

As a side note Rob mentioned that warhammer live that they would be getting some kind of exclusive soon. I think we may see the new AOS release featured next week or the week after. 

image.jpeg

Is this some kind of cryptic clue from GW??

UEdd4Lz.jpg
  • Like 12