The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I'm not certain one way or the other if the leak is true, however, it does align with Kikassto's information. He's been 100% accurate so far and this mirrors it perfectly. Of course, that could be intentional and this a fake using his accurate info to appear legitimate. However, there are a couple points here that can be counter-argued.

1. The Chaos Dwarf Team refers to a Made to Order. Look at the price, and then look at the other Blood Bowl team prices. That's the price for a Made to Order team, which they've done in the past. Same for the Bull Centaur. So that one is totally plausible.

2. The Warcry prices in my opinion is the most curious one. Really have no clue about that one.

3. The Necromunda starter set is the exact same price as the Adeptus Titanicus Grand Master set, so that price point already has a precedent. That Titan set included 2 Warlord Titans, 6 Knights, terrain and rules. It could be that much because of the Zone Mortalis terrain or maybe a big rulebook is included, so also entirely plausible. If we take a look at the current Necromunda starter set, its $125 for two gangs, tiles, some doors and barricades, and a cardboard arena. The new one appears to be all that, PLUS the Mortalis terrain. That would definitely up the price, by that much, who knows, but a higher price point is feasible.

In my opinion, it could be fake, but it definitely has some real info in it. If its fake, he added in real info to make it appear legitimate. There is nothing yet that has outright disproved it so it could go either way.

Nice catch on the Chaos Dwarfs. A made to order could definitely be possible.

I do agree on the Warcry prices being pretty confounding.

I don't think we can compare the new Necromunda Starter to the Grandmaster edition. The new Necromunda starter has two gangs which are full retail 40 USD each (probably 60 for the Cult as they have 15 models) so that's 100 USD in retail pricing vs 220 for the two Warlords alone. At that rate GW would be charging more than the listed retail for the ZM terrain when it is bundled in the starter (that can't be more than two sets in my opinion), plus 60 for a 50 dollar rulebook. It just doesn't add up. Not to mention starters usually offer a good discount, and at that price only diehard Necromunda fans will pick it up. 

There definitely is some real info mixed in there (army boxes,  BL probably), so some of it will probably happen. I can't 100% say the list is fake, but it definitely is leaning that way.

3 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

They already did a made to order of the chaos dwarf blood bowl team a few years back. I'm not saying that rules out them doing it again, but wouldn't that be the first time something got a second made to order run?

Yeah, they did. I never kept track of the Made to Orders, so I don't know if this would be the first time for a second run or not. If it is, that would be very curious. Either a count against it, or if it comes to pass, a precedent for maybe more second runs. We won't have to wait long to see if this list is real though. It can be disproved very quickly if the Bonereapers get their stuff earlier than the date the leak says or at different prices. 

3 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Yeah, they did. I never kept track of the Made to Orders, so I don't know if this would be the first time for a second run or not. If it is, that would be very curious. Either a count against it, or if it comes to pass, a precedent for maybe more second runs. We won't have to wait long to see if this list is real though. It can be disproved very quickly if the Bonereapers get their stuff earlier than the date the leak says or at different prices. 

Very true. I think if we don't see a STD preview at Blood and Glory that will also make it very unlikely.

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

Stalkers have the option to move as if flying x) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Overread said:

The bird isn't too exciting as it just gives light of sight benefits to the caster, though imght come into its own on good terrain thick tables and might combo with other things in the army as we don't yet know their spell list. 

Nagash and hand of dust without having to do a umbral spellportal? Depending on the bird movement and its cost it could be even better as you don’t have to stay close to the portal and the bird keeps following its prey until dispelled...

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Nagash and hand of dust without having to do a umbral spellportal? Depending on the bird movement and its cost it could be even better as you don’t have to stay close to the portal and the bird keeps following its prey until dispelled...

It's even better - go check my link above and look at the warscroll on the NZ Warhammer site - it not only grants line of sight; but it can roll a dice and either heal its maker; blast local enemies with mortal wounds or both. Though the latter ability only triggers and works on Oder, Chaos and Destruction (not Death). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

The bird doesn't increase the range of the spell or allow the caster to cast through it like a spellportal, though. It just gives line of sight. So you still need to be in range, it just means the opponent can't hide their valuable unit behind terrain or whatever, which is often not that hard to work around anyway.

4 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

The bird doesn't increase the range of the spell or allow the caster to cast through it like a spellportal, though. It just gives line of sight. So you still need to be in range, it just means the opponent can't hide their valuable unit behind terrain or whatever, which is often not that hard to work around anyway.

Right, read it wrong.

And anyway Nagash can’t cast it so problem solved... now time to read the warscrolls

I'm not an expert strategist/analyst or anything, and until we see all the allegiance abilities and units together on the table it's hard to know how it will work out, but overall I'm not blown away by the Bonereapers warscrolls here. They look decent, but not as good as I'd imagined.

Motrek Guard are probably the best of the lot, and they're pretty good but not incredible. 2 attacks, 3/4/-1/1 (or 3/4/-/1 with spears for 2" reach) per model is basically average offensive output, with natural 6s causing 2 hits. Offensively, they're okay. 4+ saves (3+ in Petrifex), re-rolling when you use a command ability during the combat phase, then a 6+ FNP, so defensively they'll be very good, especially if they get re-rolls. We have yet to see just how many command points the faction will be able to generate, but presumably they're going to need a lot (especially if they're running multiple blocks of these). Just how tanky they can be will come down to how often they can activate the ability. 4" move is very slow, though. It'll come down to points, but these look like a very nice anvil to make up the backbone of an army.

Stalkers look more fragile than I imagined. For an elite unit that comes in 3s, 4 wounds on a 4+ save with no re-rolls isn't much to write home about. Even on a 3+ in Petrifex, they're going to die pretty fast if they get charged by something serious (or against many units that can fight first). And with 6" move, they're not going to zip across the board. They'll certainly kill stuff on the charge, though, so re-rolling charges could be helpful (again, this army is going to need a lot of command points). Point cost on these guys will have a big influence. You're almost certainly going to want to run them in units of 6.

Morghasts haven't changed, so they're still not good. Bummer, as the models are awesome.

Vokmortian is... interesting. He's fragile, slow, and his abilities mostly rely on him being in melee range, which is bad. His 5+ to force a model within 3" not to attack him is fun fluff, but not reliable enough to be useful, and the bravery debuff is... whatever. The spell will, I'm sure, ruin the day for someone somewhere by outright killing Morathi or something, but without the ability to extend the range it's almost never going to come into play. He's clearly meant to be very gimmicky, which some will love, but really his value is just being a double caster/double unbinder with enemy wizards getting -1 to unbind his spells. He's hard to judge until we see the full spell lore, but a double caster/double unbinder is almost always useful.

So yeah, interesting. For all the garment rending people are doing over how OP the Bonedaddies look, the warscrolls don't look crazy. I'd say they're above average. I'd be happy to hear other thoughts, of course. Entirely possible I'm missing things.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Right, read it wrong.

And anyway Nagash can’t cast it so problem solved... now time to read the warscrolls

I figure it would come down to if you have a OBR wizard, it knows the endless spells, and anything a death wizard on the battlefield can cast, Nagash can cast.

57 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

I'm not an expert strategist/analyst or anything, and until we see all the allegiance abilities and units together on the table it's hard to know how it will work out, but overall I'm not blown away by the Bonereapers warscrolls here. They look decent, but not as good as I'd imagined.

Motrek Guard are probably the best of the lot, and they're pretty good but not incredible. 2 attacks, 3/4/-1/1 (or 3/4/-/1 with spears for 2" reach) per model is basically average offensive output, with natural 6s causing 2 hits. Offensively, they're okay. 4+ saves (3+ in Petrifex), re-rolling when you use a command ability during the combat phase, then a 6+ FNP, so defensively they'll be very good, especially if they get re-rolls. We have yet to see just how many command points the faction will be able to generate, but presumably they're going to need a lot (especially if they're running multiple blocks of these). Just how tanky they can be will come down to how often they can activate the ability. 4" move is very slow, though. It'll come down to points, but these look like a very nice anvil to make up the backbone of an army.

Stalkers look more fragile than I imagined. For an elite unit that comes in 3s, 4 wounds on a 4+ save with no re-rolls isn't much to write home about. Even on a 3+ in Petrifex, they're going to die pretty fast if they get charged by something serious (or against many units that can fight first). And with 6" move, they're not going to zip across the board. They'll certainly kill stuff on the charge, though, so re-rolling charges could be helpful (again, this army is going to need a lot of command points). Point cost on these guys will have a big influence. You're almost certainly going to want to run them in units of 6.

Morghasts haven't changed, so they're still not good. Bummer, as the models are awesome.

Vokmortian is... interesting. He's fragile, slow, and his abilities mostly rely on him being in melee range, which is bad. His 5+ to force a model within 3" not to attack him is fun fluff, but not reliable enough to be useful, and the bravery debuff is... whatever. The spell will, I'm sure, ruin the day for someone somewhere by outright killing Morathi or something, but without the ability to extend the range it's almost never going to come into play. He's clearly meant to be very gimmicky, which some will love, but really his value is just being a double caster/double unbinder with enemy wizards getting -1 to unbind his spells. He's hard to judge until we see the full spell lore, but a double caster/double unbinder is almost always useful.

So yeah, interesting. For all the garment rending people are doing over how OP the Bonedaddies look, the warscrolls don't look crazy. I'd say they're above average. I'd be happy to hear other thoughts, of course. Entirely possible I'm missing things.

Um, necropolis stalkers can choose the party aspect at the start of the combat phase to reroll their saving throws.  Not as dangerous then, but quite tanky

1 hour ago, l1censetochill said:

Stalkers look more fragile than I imagined. For an elite unit that comes in 3s, 4 wounds on a 4+ save with no re-rolls isn't much to write home about.

It's almost as if the various host boosts were designed in conjunction with the units themselves ... 

😁

1 hour ago, Emissary said:

Um, necropolis stalkers can choose the party aspect at the start of the combat phase to reroll their saving throws.  Not as dangerous then, but quite tanky

A fair point - I hadn't considered it purely because Precision Aspect feels like it will be so completely necessary for the Stalkers to be good. A 12 wound, 3 model unit with a 4+ (or even 3+) save isn't something anyone is going to take as an anvil, but their standard attack profile - 5 attacks at 3/3/-1/1 (and a single model at 3 attacks, 3/3/-2/2) - just... isn't very good, assuming they're costed in the range of other elite infantry.

Basically, even if you're re-rolling saves (which ain't helping against any shooting, and which you won't be able to activate on your opponent's turn if against a unit that fights at the beginning of the combat phase), 4 wound models aren't going to hold up against much long-term. But that's okay, because in Precision Aspect, the Stalkers become an absolutely brutal hammer unit - if you can get them into the enemy, they'll chainsaw through stuff like Endrinriggers on PCP (but they're on bigger bases, looks like 50s, with 1" reach, so going too big will have a downside). I still think they're good, they're just not as overbearingly powerful as I was expecting... which is a good thing!

5 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

A fair point - I hadn't considered it purely because Precision Aspect feels like it will be so completely necessary for the Stalkers to be good. A 12 wound, 3 model unit with a 4+ (or even 3+) save isn't something anyone is going to take as an anvil, but their standard attack profile - 5 attacks at 3/3/-1/1 (and a single model at 3 attacks, 3/3/-2/2) - just... isn't very good, assuming they're costed in the range of other elite infantry.

Basically, even if you're re-rolling saves (which ain't helping against any shooting, and which you won't be able to activate on your opponent's turn if against a unit that fights at the beginning of the combat phase), 4 wound models aren't going to hold up against much long-term. But that's okay, because in Precision Aspect, the Stalkers become an absolutely brutal hammer unit - if you can get them into the enemy, they'll chainsaw through stuff like Endrinriggers on PCP (but they're on bigger bases, looks like 50s, with 1" reach, so going too big will have a downside). I still think they're good, they're just not as overbearingly powerful as I was expecting... which is a good thing!

It just depends on what they need to do at the time.  If you can strike with them before they will get attacked, then activating the precision aspect may be the way to go if they can kill or really maul their target.  If they are going to get hit first, go defensive, strike back for some damage then wear on them the next turn.   It's not perfect, but it's a lot of utility on them which is nice to have.  I do agree they look good, but not stupidly powerful.