The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

The Dwarf Giants

New Bloodbowl figures released today. I know they have been seen before and its not necessarily new, however I love the models and wonder if this is a direction the new Duardin will follow. I really love these sculpts, they look beefier and more heroic which really is kind of AoS's whole direction. Any thoughts if these could pave the way for the new models?

The colour scheme they're painted in is really banging too

• Like 1

I'm hoping I can preorder the bundle before it sells out.  I had to pull teeth to get the Skaven dice (it's how I paid) and missed the Winter pitch... but I need that Dwarf/Skaven pitch (they are my two teams!) and the dice look better than the Skaven ones.  Nuffle, do not disappoint me...

[Fortunately I checked a few minutes before the expected 1pm listing time and managed to snag the bundle.  It would have been better if this went up next week after payday (and I'm not working that weekend).  Fortunately I was home sick today and able to do the preorder - I can't imagine I'd have succeeded on my phone at work!]

Edited by HeadHunter

5 hours ago, Aryann said:

Honestly, that another Stormcast update just discourages me from buying them and a bit dispirits me from AoS as a game. I will repeat it once again - I don't like the concept of one super faction and other minor. Some factins are screaming for an update. Many of us still wait for new Aelves and Duardin. They want more Stormcasts? OK, do them. 2020 will be about ok.

I get your point and would love elves more than anything (I have been HE player for 15 years and would love new "light" Elves with Tyrion/Teclis) but GW clearly with GH and Sylvaneth changed their policy regarding matched play, tournaments etc and Stormcast must be a part of it (and I hate their fluff and design). So far we got Sylvaneth and Tzeentch as proper "standalone" Battletomes, Destruction got one with Beastclaw Riders (but it's small battletome). So if GW releases lets say Duardin and Shadowkin by end of summer ( they are long rumored) and some Death&Destruction it would nicely balance number of proper Battletomes for each GA :

Order : Sylvaneth, Stormcast,Shadowkin,Duardin - it's possible Elves and Dwarfs are one of the most popular factions and Stormcast are Stormast 

Chaos : Disciples of Tzeentch, Disciples of Slaneshh ( to release Slaneesh along with Shadowkin makes all sense considering fluff and their Disciples of Tzeentch-Stormcast release policy + easy to release with 40k as well) 

Destruction : Beastclaw Riders, new Battletome (maybe released with Duardin - again makes sense)

Death : new Battletome (maybe with option to make 2-3 armies like Arcanites and Demons in DoT)

That would mena 5 more Battletomes in 2017 - it's possible. 

PEOPLE OF THE RUMOUR THREAD

Are rumours of new death stuff this year based on anything other than 'they haven't had much' ?

Anyone know anything? I'm a bit concerned I just bought a deathlords list and if everything gets split up by Mortarch it might be rendered useless before it even gets its first outing (I am not fast at painting :( )

1 hour ago, TerrorPenguin said:

PEOPLE OF THE RUMOUR THREAD

Are rumours of new death stuff this year based on anything other than 'they haven't had much' ?

Anyone know anything? I'm a bit concerned I just bought a deathlords list and if everything gets split up by Mortarch it might be rendered useless before it even gets its first outing (I am not fast at painting :( )

As above I wouldn't worry. Almost zero chance that a Deathlords list will get rendered obsolete 

• Like 1

I know I am late to the party, but my only beef with the various Gryph creature releases themself is that they are previewed just after I have bought a box of demigryphs for my Lord on Daemonic Mount conversion.

Also, does anybody else think the hero mount looks like a Gryph-Giraffe? Though I guess Gyph-Charger is a better selling name than Gryphaffe.

If there is one thing this release tells us about the future, it is that the Mortal Realms will only get stranger with each release, whiich is good news for all of us who like weird fantasy. It all makes me think that new Death releases will be absolutely insane, when GW gets around to presenting them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DantePQ said:

That would mena 5 more Battletomes in 2017 - it's possible. 

I just expect them to bring A LOT of new factions to AoS after past 6+ months of constant 40k releases. I know they couldn't bring everything up in just one year but in 2017 we should at least have the most wanted factions - Steamheads, Aelves (maybe 2 factions), Death Faction (or two) and some Destruction Grots. We are full with SE now and I'd rather they spent resources where they are most needed.

Well, last year they made one big stormie release and the rest were other factions. For the record we had: battletome: ripped-gingers battetome: ironjaws, battletome: flesh-eaters battletome: sylvaneth battletome: beastclaw raiders and battletome: bonesplitterz. And I think we had battletome seraphon too.  That's 7 non-SE releases vs 1 SE release. In so far I think the formula will repeat itself.

2 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Im just really hoping that those beards are a sign of how the new ones will be done.

I really wasent a fan of the fyreslayer ones . . . .

I wasn't such a fan of the fyreslayers until I saw them in person. Took this pic at gw tottenham court road earlier today as it reminded me how bad ass the naked little dudes look

20170129_151230.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buffalozap said:

maybe GW realized the massive backlash from the upcoming release of yet more Stormcast and decided to pull the release and repurpose the awesome gryph models for a new line of elves!

......But I'm excited to add giant chocobo riders to my Sylvaneth. Thought actually a elf faction riding these would be undeniably awesome.