AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

8 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Correct, so to answer the original question, you CANT locus a unit after your Epitome fails its Horrible Facination.

the order of operation would be:

End of Charge Phase: Epitome triggers Locus of Diversion...pass or fail

Charge Phase Ends

Start of Combat Phase: Epitome triggers Horrible Facination...pass or faiL

a unit can be under the effects of both Locus and Horrible Facination, however, you CANNOT trigger Facination before Locus as they happen in specifically different phases.  

Hope this makes sense??

Thanks guys! It's very clear. I think I'm now ready for my first list with this new army!

Hi Slaanesh-ies

First off blood for the blood god!

Now we have that nonsense out of the way, a question re endless spells. Do you gain depravity points if a generic endless spell eg aethervoid pendulum, cast by a Slaanesh leader causes wounds on an enemy leader? What if it was cast by an enemy leader ?

I can understand a Slaanesh endless spell working that way, but the generic ones I can’t work out if points should be earned or not.

Edited by Praecautus

26 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Hi Slaanesh-ies

Now we have that nonsense out of the way, a question re endless spells. Do you gain depravity points if a generic endless spell eg aethervoid pendulum, cast by a Slaanesh leader causes wounds on an enemy leader? What if it was cast by an enemy leader ?

I can understand a Slaanesh endless spell working that way, but the generic ones I can’t work out if points should be earned or not.

Whether the endless spell is a Slaaneshi one or a generic one wouldn't matter, generation of depravity only depends on who cast the spell, or who got damaged by it. (Either cast by a Hedonite hero and damaged a multiwound target, or damaged a Hedonite hero). 
The question as to whether the endless spells generate depravity points at all however, is in need of a FAQ for clarification. With the way they work, the actual casting of the spell simply summons a model. It is then the model, not the act of casting the spell, which deals any potential wounds with its abilities. I could see reasoning for GW to rule it both ways but i'm expecting them to say that no, endless spells dont generate DP.

Edited by KoalaSnok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KoalaSnok said:

Whether the endless spell is a Slaaneshi one or a generic one wouldn't matter, generation of depravity only depends on who cast the spell, or who got damaged by it. (Either cast by a Hedonite hero and damaged a multiwound target, or damaged a Hedonite hero). 
The question as to whether the endless spells generate depravity points at all however, is in need of a FAQ for clarification. With the way they work, the actual casting of the spell simply summons a model. It is then the model, not the act of casting the spell, which deals any potential wounds with its abilities. I could see reasoning for GW to rule it both ways but i'm expecting them to say that no, endless spells dont generate DP.

Thanks, it’s a discussion we are having in the club I am a member of and we have not come to a good decision yet.

At the moment I think we will be playing it as DP are gained, but an FAQ would be appreciated. I assume that will be out soon enough.

1 hour ago, Rentar said:

Errata and FAQ out.

Designers' Commentary: http://bit.ly/2Ij1uBR
Errata: http://bit.ly/2I4R2h8

Nothing too wild - seemingly odd nerf of Ssyl'Esske, clarified the Endless Spell question. I don't agree with the Locus/Horrible Fascination stacking answer but that is what it is. I will say some of the answers regarding fight first/last/pile in are still confusing and GW should really work on clarifying the way the subphases work. 

• Like 1

Honestly I hope AoS 3.0 is just 2.0 with cleaned up rules and a clear flow chart of each phase with specific names for each segment of each phase which are kept uniform over all armies. Clearly there is such a plan in the mind of GW; they've just not managed to thus far communicate it in a clear way that people pick up on. A flow chart showing the phase broken down in detail and highlighting the keywords that relate to each specific phase and what happens within each phase would be great. 

GW could even number the phase and slip that into latter descriptions. Further highlighting how each ability and unit ties into each specific subphase.

Glad to see the general clarification of most points! 

The  commentary also clarified exactly how end of phase combat works.

Treat the following such that Player A is always the player whose turn it is, regardless of who activated last in the "normal" segment of the combat phase.

End of Combat Phase where it's Player A's turn.

Player A selects unit. Player A selects unit. Repeat until player A has no more units eligible to fight, using abilities/command abilities as normal.

Then

Player B selects unit. Player B selects unit. Repeat until player B has no more units eligible to fight, using abilities/command abilities as normal.

Battleshock Phase 

So this is something to keep in mind for mirror matches and against BoC I guess.

16 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Nothing too wild - seemingly odd nerf of Ssyl'Esske, clarified the Endless Spell question. I don't agree with the Locus/Horrible Fascination stacking answer but that is what it is. I will say some of the answers regarding fight first/last/pile in are still confusing and GW should really work on clarifying the way the subphases work. 

I'm assuming the 'start of'/'end of' phase rules will be written into the next GHB. Hopefully they'll make sense when written directly into the rules rather than a random document that has been subsequently buried on the community page.

FAQ looks fine otherwise. Too bad about the endless spells, but otherwise I'm just releaved nothing was nerfed into the ground. We should have at least 6 months until GW decides they don't want anyone playing hedonites anymore.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

So if you bring Shalaxi and bubble wrap her, meaning a hero can't actually get into combat and fight her, you've effectively shut down the hero? Seems a little silly.

All in all nothing too surprising tbh. Most of them were kinda obvious, but it is always nice to clear things out. Especially that Enrapturess nonsense people were talking about.

That was the idea of Shalaxi's ability - or at least one half of it. 

Either you're shutting down the enemy hero and distracting them by pulling them into other units in the way or by pulling them into terrain they can't pass etc.... Or you're pulling them in and letting Shalaxi make the final blows.

It's powerful, but you can't bank on it happening every turn and it could backfire if you draw in something really powerful and it does make it into combat!

On 5/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, Lord Slyght said:

Looks great! How did you do the mirror? I’m really struggling with that.

I just layered up dark reaper with drakenhoff shade. Then built up with dark reaper, thunderhawk blue, russ grey and then a mix of russ grey and white.

36 minutes ago, Kasper said:

So if you bring Shalaxi and bubble wrap her, meaning a hero can't actually get into combat and fight her, you've effectively shut down the hero? Seems a little silly.

All in all nothing too surprising tbh. Most of them were kinda obvious, but it is always nice to clear things out. Especially that Enrapturess nonsense people were talking about.

Its not really a big deal, they will just decline the challenge and take D3 mortals, then they go on their merry way doing whatever they want. If it said 'if they decline the challenge they suffer D3 mortal wounds and cannot charge this phase' that would be a great ability. As it is, it is just a little chip damage to one character and only does more if an opponent would be foolish enough to accept the challenge when you have screened.

Just now, Rock Lobster said:

Its not really a big deal, they will just decline the challenge and take D3 mortals, then they go on their merry way doing whatever they want. If it said 'if they decline the challenge they suffer D3 mortal wounds and cannot charge this phase' that would be a great ability. As it is, it is just a little chip damage to one character and only does more if an opponent would be foolish enough to accept the challenge when you have screened.

That being said, if a grisslegore big nasty monster riding character were to fall for that they would be incredibly salty when they stick on a screen and just sit there for their turn doing nothing.

12 minutes ago, Rock Lobster said:

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking haha, obviously they will just decline.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, Praecautus said:

Hi Slaanesh-ies

According to the FAQ released (I think yesterday) Endless spells do not count as wounds caused by the wizard. buttttt that still means a hero can suffer them for Depravity points. 

9 minutes ago, carnith said:

Our endless spells will be good for clearing out chaff or hard to hit heroes such as a wizard bubble wrapped. Sure we lose depravity but we aren’t in a shortage

having initially rejected them out of hand, the wheels actually look like a good option for getting rid of lightly armoured support characters - such as hags, wizards etc. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Has anyone had any luck with bladebringers on exalted chariots? I've not found them to be amazing but I've seen some people rave about them.

One of the best units I've used in the new book. One shotted an enemy keeper in the mirror match, and consistently puts out enough damage to take down most regular sized units. If you can, giving them permanent rerolls from the Fane is huge with all their attacks. It really kicks them up a notch.

They definitely have their weaknesses though. They are a little dicey with the wheels, and if you miss the soul scent roll they'll feel pretty sluggish. Also the wheels not giving depravity hurts a lot when you charge something big. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

One of the best units I've used in the new book. One shotted an enemy keeper in the mirror match, and consistently puts out enough damage to take down most regular sized units. If you can, giving them permanent rerolls from the Fane is huge with all their attacks. It really kicks them up a notch.

They definitely have their weaknesses though. They are a little dicey with the wheels, and if you miss the soul scent roll they'll feel pretty sluggish. Also the wheels not giving depravity hurts a lot when you charge something big. 

Sounds good.

I think I'll give a couple of them a little run out in a silly list Saturday next week at a 1 day tournament. My final list for the capital city bloodbath in August I wanted to use beasts of chaos in my slaanesh but am loathe to buy and paint without knowing GHB points costs this coming month so in the meantime I am going to play fun.

I am currently looking at this (no bodies, just characters):

Invaders (Ghyran)

Keeper - 360 (blade of hammerhal Ghyra) (best of the best)

Keeper - 360 (Ghyrstrike)

Bladebringer on exalted chariot - 220

Bladebringer on exalted chariot - 220

Epitome - 200 (Rod of misrule)

Character battalion - 120

5 Helstriders - 100

5 Helstriders - 100

5 Helstriders - 100

Seekers battalion - 140

Cogs - 60

I dont think it is going to do very well, no bodies to hold objectives, but I like the schenanigans possible with the 6" pile in from the helstriders and there is enough CP in the list to allow a keeper and bladebringer to pair up, both attack twice and shred anything. Both keepers have a helpful killy artifact.

The invaders keeper with best of the best can be almost as killy as the pretenders keeper if you sacrifice a wound on the fane for rerolls to hit you can get 3 attacks with the claws, rerolls to hit and rerolls to wound to deal some real hurt.

Although from your post I quite like the idea of the sacrificing of an item on the bladebringer for the chance of rerolling all attacks, very tasty. I think I could change to seekers, give one of the bladebringers the cameo of the dark prince to snatch the CP turn 1 and then sacrifice it for rerolls. Disadvantages - less CP over the game, and keeper loses the reroll to wound which makes her less reliable, advantages - possibility to have reroll hits on a bladebringer for good, +1 to charge, potentially run and charge or retreat and charge on keeper. What do you guys think?

I like the idea of the speedy godseekers keeper, but the builds I have seen with the fire cloak etc concern me as there are no offensive items of worth in Aqushy or in the seekers artifacts and the keeper feels like it will flub attacks after jumping screens. Anyone had any experience with this? I could just have a non-flying keeper who can run and charge or retreat, but without the fly that retreat and charge or run and charge is not nearly as valuable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Does the seekers' soul hunters ability stack? Nothing says "until such and such phase"

They say next combat phase. So if on the following turn they do not get into combat then the buff is wasted.