AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

19 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

That looks like it's the alternate build for the unit champion model but without the champion bits, which is something a lot of kits have.  But it does show how just adjusting the sword position a bit can produce a different looking figure.

Yeah, I think it's an alt champion, but I think it bodes well for how different the unit can look with a few swaps - like you said, even a sword in a different place makes a big difference

1 minute ago, Third said:

"Here are some rules preview, most rules are exactly what you have had for about 2 years.." Gee, thanks Games Workshop 😂

What an amazing week of warscroll releases and rules sneak peaks. It's only Wednesday and I feel like I already know all that I need!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, azdimy said:

No change spoiled in our sub factions. I guess they were ok? I m surprised to see godseekers and pretenders remain when in the broken realm story, Slaanesh has been found

Well Slaanesh has been "found" so to speak, but they still have no way to get to Slaanesh. Meanwhile Chaos is Chaos and those who would overthrow are normal even when the Chaos Gods are around, so Slaanesh still being caged is a given that pretenders will see more scope to keep going. 

7 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

What an amazing week of warscroll releases and rules sneak peaks. It's only Wednesday and I feel like I already know all that I need!

Honestly besides depravity most of the battletome worked well. It's good to see no change for change's sake alone. 

Also don't forget this is a sneak peak, we might well see other subfactions or features which are brand new. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, azdimy said:

No change spoiled in our sub factions. I guess they were ok? I m surprised to see godseekers and pretenders remain when in the broken realm story, Slaanesh has been found

Seems the lore of pretenders has been changed, Slaanesh seems to be trapped but appears to be more powerful I think, in the battletome I suspect Slaanesh has broken even more chains considering they said this about pretenders, I mentioned it in the rumour thread.

Pretenders

Some particularly glorious champions simply will not tolerate the eyes of the Dark Prince on anyone but themselves *cough* Sigvald *cough* and will fight all the harder for it.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I think our host rules were fine - nothing absolutely mindblowing but quite fun. In fact, I liked them a lot before the first battletome  made it so the host choice became about what buffs the keeper best and works with Supreme Syberites. 

Like @Overread said, the issue was pretty much soley on depravity. If that was fixed, our book was fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Honestly besides depravity most of the battletome worked well. It's good to see no change for change's sake alone. 

Also don't forget this is a sneak peak, we might well see other subfactions or features which are brand new. 

Ofc. Just pointing out the irony that their announcement before the week was to tell us to look forward to a week sneak peaks at the new battletome, which most of us probably thought meant new stuff.

I mean, they do have enough new stuff to showcase it at their leisure before the weekend, so it surprises me for it to be Wednesday and have seen almost nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Its surelly is possible, but if that was the case wouldn't they talk about the new things by now rather than just show the same rules but with pictures of the new models? Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the allegiance ability where the same (depravity included) and the only new additions, gamewise, where 11 warscrolls + 3 battalions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the allegiance ability where the same (depravity included) and the only new additions, gamewise, where 11 warscrolls + 3 battalions.

Yeah this seems more and more likely, which is a shame. It seems fairly obvious from the article that there are still 3 sub factions which seems to have the same rules as before and the faction rules will probably stay the same as well. I don't mind the rules staying the same but I was really hoping for depravity to change (mainly letting other units than heroes generate it somehow), but chances are the only new stuff are the new models and their rules, as you mention.

I personally kind of like the hero hammer aspect unless its just keeper spam... but it feels very limiting to our roster building.

Edited by umpac

The 3 articles so far have been fairly lackluster overall. Our host system is fine, and I'm glad its still the same. The knowledge about Lord of Pain adding myrmadesh and symbaresh is great. 

Most of our daemons are fine, with most of their issues stemming from depravity being a broken system and disincentivizing them outside of the Epitome, Exalted Chariot Herald, and the Keeper. 

I want to know what our mortals do. What does Sigvald do? What does Glutos do? Sigvald seems to be a pretender, so what does that mean? Can he not be in an invader host? 

For the fan fare of Sigvald returning, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot, and it felt like there was a lot they could manage to do to help build hype. 

EDIT: To add on, the lack of depravity talk makes me worried and optimistic. I'm optimistic because maybe it's gone and replaced? But I'm worried because that should've been like article 1 of rules discussion, and in stead we've gotten nearly 2 fluff pieces and 1 that said mostly what we already had. If the book is unchanged but the mortals are added in, it's just disappointing. Slaanesh needs changes, and if it has changed, GW needs to communicate that to it's player base, because hero hammer is how you get low sales on a new range of 6 units that don't contribute to 2 of the 3 game mechanics the army has at the moment. 

Edited by Carnith
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Its surelly is possible, but if that was the case wouldn't they talk about the new things by now rather than just show the same rules but with pictures of the new models? Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the allegiance ability where the same (depravity included) and the only new additions, gamewise, where 11 warscrolls + 3 battalions.

This is exactly what i'm expecting at this time and it might make me not buy anything, i don't like to pay for lazy uninspired work. Also i would be pretty pissed about them replacing the less than 2 years old battletome with literally the same battletome without addressing the glaring problems the faction is facing (namely the fact that bringing troops is useless)

Edited by Benkei

It'd be a very odd choice for GW to not make any rules changes, especially with the rest of the effort put into the battletome, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me. 

That said, Tzeentch kept destiny dice and Khorne kept bloodtithe in their new books, so few changes in core abilities is nothing unusual. 

It's frustrating that we haven't seen anything new and it does lead to a bad feeling. Without knowing anything, we could be looking at a massive rules rewrite or the current battletome with a few things stapled on the back  

No mention of depravity yet may mean they are gonna cover it in another article, wich may be good if the system have some changes, i doubt about GW not promoting the summon feature in one of the previews. Sadly they still can do an article like the ones we receive with "This is how summoning works" and just copy paste the current battletome rules. This one was about sub-factions, they will probably do one about allegiance abilities and talk about summoning, exploding 6s and locus (or whathever of that is now gone and replaced)

I been waiting years for a proper ranged unit in the army to play in all phases of the game with my group of casual players, so im really happy about blissbarb archers coming, im all about female barbaric erotic designs and that's why i love daemonettes, keepers and specially fiends. So for me they are the core winners of the release. Reading about them rerolling 1s on a Pretenders army while in units of 10 or more (Even in MSU they start at 11 wich is something) is incredibly interesting.

I hope they change some of the traits and artifacts of the sub-factions, that may deeply change how they play even if the core rules are the same.

I also wish for revisited spells, specially the useless in Pretenders Viceleader and Bladebringer spell to be changed (From rerolling 1s to +1 to hit or +1 to wound or -1 rend, maybe something more creative like 6s exploding in one additional hit, or simply rerolling all hits. Or in a similar scale of power just change it to rerolling 1s to wound instead of hit)

I can see at least a proper mortal spell lore, the current one is horrible.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm just sad that this isn't much a hype week. Usually GW hypes up new releases and they are silent for the most part. We'll know in two days what the entire new range does because of updated warscrolls on preorder items, and man will read the book that goes over the mechanics. 

3 minutes ago, Carnith said:

I'm just sad that this isn't much a hype week. Usually GW hypes up new releases and they are silent for the most part. We'll know in two days what the entire new range does because of updated warscrolls on preorder items, and man will read the book that goes over the mechanics. 

I think they are hyping us, but in a really weird way. As in, there are a tonne of Slaanesh posts all over their Facebook page (more than a normal release to be honest), but the articles themselves seem really bare bones

I'm not sure if the idea is to tease us? Like, they know we really want to see the rules so they're stringing us along as much as possible. From memory, most preorder weeks go the opposite way - big allegiance rules > warscrolls > smaller allegiance rules > fluff piece > fluff piece. Could be that they're trying something new to see if doing it the opposite way around will build more hype at the end of the release 

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think they are hyping us, but in a really weird way. As in, there are a tonne of Slaanesh posts all over their Facebook page (more than a normal release to be honest), but the articles themselves seem really bare bones

I'm not sure if the idea is to tease us? Like, they know we really want to see the rules so they're stringing us along as much as possible. From memory, most preorder weeks go the opposite way - big allegiance rules > warscrolls > smaller allegiance rules > fluff piece > fluff piece. Could be that they're trying something new to see if doing it the opposite way around will build more hype at the end of the release 

Maaaybe? But they keep talking at the end of the article of all the amazing things we will see, but with everything going to be spoiled soon anyways by their own pre-orders and reviewers, it's just odd. I just want to know if the army is made to be more interesting and how the new models play in. I don't want broken models, with everything dumping mortal wounds everywhere, but I just want to know the new mortals actually synergize within the army and don't feel tacked on. 

2 minutes ago, Carnith said:

Maaaybe? But they keep talking at the end of the article of all the amazing things we will see, but with everything going to be spoiled soon anyways by their own pre-orders and reviewers, it's just odd. I just want to know if the army is made to be more interesting and how the new models play in. I don't want broken models, with everything dumping mortal wounds everywhere, but I just want to know the new mortals actually synergize within the army and don't feel tacked on. 

Oh yeah, I totally agree that it's weird and I don't like it much, was just trying to guess why they might be doing it. I think there are four vague reasons they aren't showing meaty rules:

1) the core stuff has not changed, so they don't see much of a point of hyping it - everyone knows the rules anyway

2) they want to tease us and there are some more substantial changes they want to reveal later 

3) they don't see much value in hyping rules/want to try this tactic as people will know all of the rules very soon anyway, and so instead want to give a different perspective

4) their marketing plan has a few holes in it and they didn't realise people cared about rules (really odd but they've been a bit tone deaf before)

I think it's a bit silly that they've given us little info personally - I'd really have liked them to be upfront and say "here are your allegiance abilities and summoning", "here are some parts of the new waracrolls", "here's some new lore" in each different article, even if the rules are identical. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Carnith said:

@Popisdead i meant more like, she only does like 2 average damage. under current depravity, she's not doing a while lot for that. Great for tying up models though due to her pile in rules.

Mmm gotcha.  Yeah well infantry heroes,.. kinda,.. got lost this past book hard eh?  I don't think I ever saw a Viceleader taken (other than the chain-summoning?) and only the Exalted Chaos in one tourney list (maybe more).

16 hours ago, Yoid said:

They already comented about Blissbarb archers being the battleline,

Interesting idea it will have a shooting army focus.  In a sense.  I wonder if it gives a native counter for keeping your Keeper alive (akin to Ungor Raiders)

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I agree with this.  I like the battletome, I just want more synergy and less a spam-keeper/ex chariot focus.  For example (to harp on this) if Shalaxi had her Fiends as "pet hounds" with some benefit in some manner (battalion, BL, depravity generation, whatever, pick something).  

Even daemonettes weren't bad, they just stopped being the blenders they were in AoS 1.0.    For a BL that had a lot of attacks and rend, with fast movement they had abilities.  

I noticed they mentioned the new big glutos chariot regarding chariot armies and Godseekers.  I hope they can make a chariot army work.  

Someone had asked about Slaanesh stories and I found this the novel The Garden of Mortal Delights.  Slaanesh Sylvaneth Story that's really good (cause i really like Slaanesh and love Sylvaneth).  https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-garden-of-mortal-delights-eshort-2019.html

• Like 1