103 members have voted

1. 1. Let it rip!

• Legions of Nagash
    • Flesh Eater Courts
    • Skaven
    • Daughters of Khaine
    • Idoneth Deepkin

26 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

BCR: they are so meta breaking GW has to keep the stonehorn nerf in place. If that single FAQ was lifted the game would break.

They also had to nerf the Phoenix Temple battalion in a way i wouldnt wanna use it if it GAVE me points.

Well it’s a tough question. Skaven is broken because their units are ludacrisly undercosted. FEC is broken because of a game changing mechanic. And daughters are broken because of abilities that are insanely powerful yet unstoppable bynyiur opponent and don’t require in game resource. 

I mean.. Where's the "none of the above" option? :D

- Skaven needs their Warplightning Vortex spell adjusted. People are abusing it, and you'll see a significant drop in winrate if it happens to be nerfed into oblivion. Hard to argue that the rest of the army is "broken", but I'm open to input. 

- LoN has the Grimghast Reapers going for them. Hardly breaking anything beyond that.

- I'll stay out of fec for now, since I haven't got much experience with it. I understand that Gristlegore is the issue? Could someone in the know elaborate on that for me? Run me through the wombo-combo etc. 

- DoK, sure. Their winrate kind of speaks for itself, but we also know that a lot of top-tier players are piloting that army more than the others, so the competitive statistic is a bit skewed. In addition, High-damage output glass cannon armies tend to win a lot more than they often should, because people playing against them often neglect their deployment/movement phase in a way that they get punished beyond the point of no return. Regardless. Needs point adjustments, for sure. Hardly broken beyond that. 

- Deepkin? What? Why? Get that drowned horse out of here! :D

- We need a Phoenix Temple vote. Have you seen their winrate!? Broken! :P

Edited by Mayple

On 5/11/2019 at 5:33 AM, Mayple said:

I mean.. Where's the "none of the above" option? :D

- I'll stay out of fec for now, since I haven't got much experience with it. I understand that Gristlegore is the issue? Could someone in the know elaborate on that for me? Run me through the wombo-combo etc. 

Agree with your general consensus that it's certain build ideas that are problematic rather than the entire army.

Flesh Eater Courts issue is that Gristlegore armies are almost entirely Behemoth's and has command tactics and allegiance abilities to allow 2 or 3 activiations per combat phase.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucio said:

Flesh Eater Courts issue is that Gristlegore armies are almost entirely Behemoth's and has command tactics and allegiance abilities to allow 2 or 3 activiations per combat phase.

Is that 2-3 activations per behemoth/unit, or just the hero(es)?

16 hours ago, Mayple said:

Is that 2-3 activations per behemoth/unit, or just the hero(es)?

With Gristlegore you can fight twice with your general at the start of the combat phase and then fight twice with any other unit, second activations happen immediately, so 4 total befor opponent have a chance to fight back

Edited by XReN

5 hours ago, XReN said:

With Gristlegore you can fight twice with your general at the start of the combat phase and then fight twice with any other unit, second activations happen immediately, so 4 total befor opponent have a chance to fight back

in their turn only. its important to note that as otherwise people get the wrong idea about what it does.

Deepkin. Eels + Volturnos stacking command ability is a big problem and is the reason we even have these first first abilities now

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

in their turn only. its important to note that as otherwise people get the wrong idea about what it does.

No Feeding Day is immediately after the unit fought in the combat phase. Every Feast Day activation happens before your opponent can do anything. What you're talking about is the Fight First/Start of the Combat Phase abilities and yes those go first in your turn, the only go 2nd in the Start of Combat Phase subphase in your opponents turn if he also has abilities that activate during the Start of Combat subphase.

None of that is relevant to the fact that when you activate Feeding Frenzy you make an immediate second attack activation - regardless of who's turn it is your unit piles in and fights again immediately after it does so the first time upon triggering the CA. 

20 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

No Feeding Day is immediately after the unit fought in the combat phase. Every Feast Day activation happens before your opponent can do anything. What you're talking about is the Fight First/Start of the Combat Phase abilities and yes those go first in your turn, the only go 2nd in the Start of Combat Phase subphase in your opponents turn if he also has abilities that activate during the Start of Combat subphase.

None of that is relevant to the fact that when you activate Feeding Frenzy you make an immediate second attack activation - regardless of who's turn it is your unit piles in and fights again immediately after it does so the first time upon triggering the CA. 

He's been talking about gristlegore making 4 activations in FEC turn, but only 2 in opponent's

• Like 1

I would argue that overall, Skaven are the strongest due to their huge tool box and the ability to tackle any challenge and adapt, but if we're talking one dimensional meta where only things that are fast, tough and killy are used, then I'd say Daughters of Khaine over Gristlegore, because their terrorgheists are equal to one goblin on the objectives, while Witchelves are infantry.

Now I'm disinclined to even acknowledge Gristlegore as it's one of the very few things in this game that is truly 'broken', as Terrorgheists have only strengths and no weaknesses; they are the perfect unit, however morality isn't a factor in the meta and tournament play so the fact it's broken doesn't stop it being meta. Gristlegore is probably the only thing I'd refuse to play against if challenged outside of a tournament. I heard that one Terrorgheist killed Vorgaroth and Skalok instantly, if that's anything to go by; granted I literally watched him get insta-killed by 30 witchelves yesterday so...

Let's start measuring meta units by how quickly they can kill Skalok.