Tyrion, in light reborn!

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

. Deepkin nobility see themselves as knights who are riding into battle on dragons.

not really? Basically Teclis hardwired calvary tactics into their brains through lessons on glorious elven military from the old world, but when they fled underseas they didn't really have any of the normal horses around so they improvised, breaking the minds of sea creatures in order to have them as mounts for their glorious elf tactics. No delusions of themselves "Riding Dragons" to speak of, just riding seas animals rather than horses.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Teclis and Tyrion's Aelves are "proper"  Aelves and all the other Old World Aelves are contained in CoS, DoK, Sylvaneth or Worshipping Mathlann (IDK).  I am hoping that Malerion's "Aelves", therefore, will be the faction that will really bring Aelves into the AOS aesthetic and be something marvelous; no longer Aelven as we understand it.  If so, then that will be really exciting!

I expect Malerions aelves to be a mixture like DoK but with really weird aelves for the twisted aelves. This is because the shadowblades faction in CoS is supposed to be aelves given by Malerion to sigmar and the mistweaver saih (a shadow aelf) is normal-ish 

But super exited for Hysh aelves now that I know they are soon, step aside sisters of battle my savings have a new priority (for now atleast) 

Edited by Turin Turambar

6 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

I expect Malerions aelves to be a mixture like DoK but with really weird aelves for the twisted aelves. This is because the shadowblades faction in CoS is supposed to be aelves given by Malerion to sigmar and the mistweaver saih (a shadow aelf) is normal-ish 

But super exited for Hysh aelves now that I know they are soon, step aside sisters of battle my savings have a new priority (for now atleast) 

You could be right, but I'm hoping for a completely new model line.  All the old Dark Elf models already have a home and I'm happy using my Dark Elf  models in CoS (as most of my old army fits nicely into it).  I'd like the old theme dialled to 11, with Malerian really going to the dark side with his soul creations.

Also looking forward to Hysh Aelves, mind you.  I have been building up my CoS forces and was going to look into KO, but will hold off now until Teclis' new faction is revealed.  I have enough CoS choice now anyway and was beginning to hanker after a new project.

I think it's just because it's early, from the video it seems like they're going for the same style of reveal that they did for the new Eldar and Dark Eldar models so I suspect we'll see another video showing the evolution of Tyrion's design through the years between now and the pre-order date.

• Like 2

This was a pretty good rumor engine comparison.

rl2jfcp6ms841.jpg

The boot with a spikey tip(pointy boots) is likely theirs too as well as that three string bow.

Between this, the DoK tome mentioning Teclis having perfected his "angelic" aelves and the corebook talking about them using gems and crystals to store magic we're looking at a pretty unique magic-focused army which should blend the Hysh aesthetics like the Warcry warband with an evolution of "pointy aelves" into something special.

Also looking forward to Teclis. "Pantheon" showed he lost his physical form, appearing as a ethereal light being, which the corebook later showed is a risk of wizards attuning with the realm of light.

So seeing if he mastered that will also be interesting.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

Well, you know, back in the old wolrd, Teclis is the one who likes travling around and messing with others.  TW:W 2's Teclis's campaign well explained how the Twins work together: When the younger takes the journey, the elder will defend and wait home. 

BTW, Miyazaki Hayao's movie Princess Mononoke is great.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

That Tyrion is a blind god of light probably makes travel difficult too as Teclis serves as his eyes.

There are some Tyrion-worshipping human towns mentioned in lore and one overran by chaos did have blindness honored as divine symbol while the town itself used a maze to hide and defend itself.

So it'd follow suit that Tyrion uses Hysh's riddling & symbolic nature to confound invaders andbring them straight to him and his power.

Just now, Whitefang said:

That brings two things to mind.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2M6gAhIhJw89k0te8yC4

220?cb=20181030003839

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Well, you know, back in the old wolrd, Teclis is the one who likes travling around and messing with others.  TW:W 2's Teclis's campaign well explained how the Twins work together: When the younger takes the journey, the elder will defend and wait home. 

Fair enough. Heck this alone could be reason why teclis is out and about and tyrion is pulling a Sigmar in brooding back in the realm of light. 

My biggest hope that these actually are the light elves spoken about, and the whole "pointy elves" are a misdirection (as befitting the tricky elves)

I'm betting on both.

It's tricky aelves so misdirection would be expected.

Like there's multiple mentions of "angelic" aelves under Teclis and the Hysh artwork shows winged figures in thr background.(which itself fits the Greek aelf style as the goddess Nike was what inspired winged angels in Christian imagery)

You can read between the lines that they're classic Aelves just because they have all their limbs and eyes compared to the others and "pointy" can be anything from boots to wing-tips. ;)

Plus ya know, it's a light god of magic leading an army of souls reformed after being twisted from a chaos god's guts. High fantasy force is pretty much guaranteed.

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

should blend the Hysh aesthetics like the Warcry

I expect it will. But I just keep snickering every time because the champion in that warband has third arm hidden in his robe. And I just can’t shake the feeling that this race won’t be pefected. It might be teclis his best attempt so far. But there will be a dark side to them. An ambition that kills, a magical dark side or something ingrained in all of the race. Or a third arm hidden behind a robe to stab teclis in the back as he did the world ;) 

FBD95471-3C94-484B-B55A-044B3A845D46.png.61d2d60cc49134ef2f775d8ed6a4b00d.png

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

100% agreed. I feel the notes on him "perfecting" them is gonna have a dark twist ( this is Warhammer afterall) that could be him using light to hide the flaws he could never fix but just put to a lesser degree than Deepkin or it's his twisted vision of perfection that comes from being a afflicted god in the same way Morathi blesses her loyal followers to become medusai like her true form.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I just keep snickering every time because the champion in that warband has third arm hidden in his robe

I'm 99% sure that this is a Babylon 5 reference. One alien species has big fan hairdos like this helmet and in one episode you find out the main character from that species is using a small 3rd arm to cheat in a card game.

Edited by Dollface
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

This makes me think there's going to be some kind of great big furry animal in the faction, maybe they could be bringing white lions back in some form? 

Also it really is a great movie.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dollface said:

I'm 99% sure that this is a Babylon 5 reference. One alien species has big fan hairdos like this helmet and in one episode you find out the main character from that species is using a small 3rd arm to cheat in a card game.

Ohhh 😯 that would be a great catch. I never knew until somebody pointed it out. So even in the promo’s it was hidden 😂

• Haha 1

The Facebook announcement has some really depressing replies from the extreme ends of the spectrum...:

• "I'm going to put these new models on square bases, and play a proper game", etc.
  • "I hope these new models are nothing like the Aelves from the trash previous game that got cancelled", etc.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, Baron Klatz said:

100% agreed. I feel the notes on him "perfecting" them is gonna have a dark twist ( this is Warhammer afterall) that could be him using light to hide the flaws he could never fix but just put to a lesser degree than Deepkin or it's his twisted vision of perfection that comes from being a afflicted god in the same way Morathi blesses her loyal followers to become medusai like her true form.

Ooo I'd really like that. Maybe that if they were ever to step on Ulgu or be covered by shadow, their 'true' or alter form would be revealed. 

• Like 1

Oh, that'd be a cool twist. Very symbolic of the relationship between Hysh and Ulgu too.

Just now, Kyriakin said:

The Facebook announcement has some really depressing replies from the extreme ends of the spectrum...:

Yeah, saw they invaded Lady Atia's blog too by saying stuff like "it's finally time for the elves everyone wants and not the bland half-elf freak releases".

Nevermind Sylvaneth, Melusai, Deepkin and Kurnothi have been AoS' most consistent best-sellers on the store site and popular factions.

Best to ignore them, reality is gonna deliver a hard enough blow to them when all their delusions hit a wall.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Oh, that'd be a cool twist. Very symbolic of the relationship between Hysh and Ulgu too.

Yeah, saw they invaded Lady Atia's blog too by saying stuff like "it's finally time for the elves everyone wants and not the bland half-elf freak releases".

Nevermind Sylvaneth, Melusai, Deepkin and Kurnothi have been AoS' most consistent best-sellers on the store site and popular factions.

Best to ignore them, reality is gonna deliver a hard enough blow to them when all their delusions hit a wall.

And then they’ll still spend countless hours and hundreds of euros on GW 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 4

Yep. Either that or they're just fickle "fans" that Total Warhammer brought in that act like troggoths to support their new fandom but once the trilogy and fad ends will forget all about it and drift off to the next thing.  (The comments from AoS Champions trailer was more than enough proof of that)

But meh, that's getting off topic and into salt territory.

On track,  the Corebook has vague winged humanoids on it's Hysh realm art.

I'm very interested to see if that's the new aelves or another race entirely. The new Sylvaneth artwork has winged reverents in it's art so it might be a trend the aelven gods are doing. (Or preparation for a huge air war?

18 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Ooo I'd really like that. Maybe that if they were ever to step on Ulgu or be covered by shadow, their 'true' or alter form would be revealed. 

Hey hey, that's Malerion's territory. 

I actually have a totally crazy out-there wish that they will somehow re-write/retcon Malerion's current story line and make him go all mad and primal, and he ends up following some giant dark menacing form in the shadows... AND HE'S LAUNCHED AS A DESTRUCTION FACTION! :)

I'd go vice-versa since he IS the giant dark menacing thing in the shadows. :D

Devil Grots, worshippers of Malerion's twisted form and Ulgu's mist caused them to warp into imps and become deformed with horns and bat wings. Using shadow magic to cover their flying bloodthirsty swarms as they fall upon their foes snd unleash mist shrouded horrors they tamed.

New Destruction faction as they view Malerion as an aspect of Gorkamorka's ominous shadow falling upon the lands to bless their hunts.