5kaven5lave

15 minutes ago, will pollock said:

Question, can my warlock engineer use overseer of destruction on ratling guns that are hidden inside a clanrat unit?

I’m gonna say yes, overseer happens in the shooting phase when your ratlings would not be hidden. 

Both overseer and hidden teams happen at the START of the shooting phase, so I think you can decide which happens first.

Something like vigor dust that happens in the hero phase would not affect the hidden teams

Edited by Cosmicsheep
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I’m gonna say yes, overseer happens in the shooting phase when your ratlings would not be hidden. 

Both overseer and hidden teams happen at the START of the shooting phase, so I think you can decide which happens first.

Something like vigor dust that happens in the hero phase would not affect the hidden teams

oh hell yeah, cheers

3 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Warscroll builder is now up for 3.0

@Riff_Raff_Rascal if you select Lord Skreetch you can select the universal spells, if you select a Screaming Bell, you can select either lore

if you then add spell as an enhancement (having chosen a corresponding battalion) you can select a second spell for each wizard

Is that how this works if you take an extra spell lore enhancement all your wizards get an extra spell from the lore available to them?

Edited by mmimzie

1 hour ago, mmimzie said:

Is that how this works if you take an extra spell lore enhancement all your wizards get an extra spell from the lore available to them?

Yes. A spell lore enhancement allows every wizard in your army to know an extra spell from any of the spell lores it has access to. They even bold and underline the word "every" in the book passage.

• Like 2

I'm potentially borrowing a Skaven army for a team event. I have y really played for a year+.

What do you guys think of this as a competitive list?

Hold the line, in retrospect, is a poor choice. Will have to be something else.

Screenshot_20210706-102535_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Obeisance

I call this list the Great Wall of Thanquol

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
- Triumphs:
Arch-Warlock (175) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Ghost-mist
Grey Seer (140) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Thanquol on Boneripper (405) in Warlord
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Plague Priest (85) in Warlord
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
60 x Clanrats (390) in Battle Regiment
- Rusty Spear
- 3x Standard Bearers
- 3x Standard Bell Ringers
- Reinforced x 2
20 x Clanrats (130) in Battle Regiment
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
- 1x Standard Bell Ringers
10 x Stormvermin (110) in Warlord
- Halberd & Shield
1 x Ratling Gun (60) in Battle Regiment
Hell Pit Abomination (240) in Battle Regiment
- Mutation: Accelerated Regeneration
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Warlord
Battle Regiment
Prayer

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

I was on the same wavelength as @will pollock for Ratlng Gunners, and yes, both Overseer of Destruction and Hidden Weapon teams trigger at the same time and thus you as the active player can decide the order of operations. Now keep in mind, this is not really a trick for your opponent, you can only use this aggressively in your turn. For Unleash Hell, Thanquol's got that covered.

The other trick I want to point out for us now is the true power of the Curse Universal Prayer. It causes MWs on Nat6's, for EVERYTHING, including shots from the ratlings. The real surprise is a block of 60 clanrats that can now maintain their full horde bonuses and use spears to fish for 6's like no one's business. I toyed with having a clawlord for some gusto and bump the Grey Seer for more attacks on the clanrats.

My other spice is a Hellpit Abomination with the potential to heal 4D3 a round between its mutation and the free-roaming Lifeswarm. Who else is excited for Moulder!

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Obeisance said:

I'm potentially borrowing a Skaven army for a team event. I have y really played for a year+.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210706-102535_Chrome.jpg

Looks ok, you've got multiple threats in the stormfiends, Thanquol and cannon. You just need to hope that the threat of the WFT is enough to keep your clanrats from being charged. 20 clanrats won't last long

I assume you're going for the 1-drop batallion? That should almost guarantee you the choice of turn 1

5 hours ago, Obeisance said:

I'm skeptical to bridge now since its only a single unit. The strength of it was the ability to teleport Fiends and full screens together, now you leave your stormfiends high and dry if you throw them forward to get into range. Gnashing Jaws is also pretty mediocre, it deals less average damage than 1d3 to a single unit. If you want an endless spell I'd take shackles instead, its insane now. If you cast it in the right situation it can basically be a blood bowl style "turn over" against melee armies if they fail their dispell roll, and you don't care about charging since you have 0 melee.

You have 630 points of fiends all hanging on the linchpin bombardier with 5 wounds and 5+ save. Even with verminous valor he can be sniped by plenty of armies. and if he dies your fiends lose 75% of their damage. I'd drop both the endless spells for a 2nd warlock to have some redundancy, or drop both endless and get shackles + upgrade the lock to an arch-lock and maybe even give him the 5+ ward universal artifact.

• Like 1

Guys - the Gnawhole FAQ - it says as long a you have hero WITHIN 6" of the gnawhole and a unit WITHIN 6" of the gnawhole, you can teleport. Not wholly within. An oversight? Pretty big otherwise, right? You could congaline a horde unit over to the hole, and still tunnel through reality. 

4 hours ago, gronnelg said:

Guys - the Gnawhole FAQ - it says as long a you have hero WITHIN 6" of the gnawhole and a unit WITHIN 6" of the gnawhole, you can teleport. Not wholly within. An oversight? Pretty big otherwise, right? You could congaline a horde unit over to the hole, and still tunnel through reality. 

Correct, and now it happens at the END of the movement phase so a unit could start the phase 12” (or 11.9999") away and move to within 6” and still be able to charge at the other side.

Edited by Cosmicsheep

Gnawhole FAQ - and set it up wholly within 6" of a different Gnawhole in your army and more than 9" from all enemy models. You can only transport up to 1 friendly unit in this way per battle round, regardless of the number of Gnawholes in your army.

Its weird because you have to set up the unit wholly within the Gnawhole you going to.

I just want to point out that clanrats are now the wrapping paper to our gift of destruction. Everyone needs to start pushing the limit of how many units you can stuff into a block-o-rats and sending them over the board.

•Rat-ssassins can still hide in units (at no limit)

•1 weapon team into 10 clanrats

•1 unit-o-clanrats into 1 warpgrinder.
Surprise!

You can really weather any charge after deepstriking because warpflame weapon teams take care of hordes and eshin heroes still have potential to slay single entities, or more likely pull some sneaky debuffs with eshin artifacts.

64177C2F-D443-41F7-8210-9C483893CC7C.jpeg

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal
more fun
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just played a 2k game with my Clans Moulder vs Lumineth Realmlords.

My list was:

3 x Master Moulder (rabid crown, new artefact that gives my general a 5+ ward, and hordemaster trait)

1 x 6 Rat Ogors, with Toughened Sinews (6 wounds, 4+ save)

4 Rat Ogors, with Insanely Rabid (6 attacks, reroll charges)

4 Rat Ogors

8 x 6 Giant Rats

3 x Hell Pit Abominations, one with Prized Creation, another with Accelerated Regeneration (heal D3 *every* hero phase)

Far from a competitive game, but I looove units of 6 Rat Ogors with 6 wounds each. They took the brunt of a unit of Wardens and Bladelords attacking them, and still had enough models left to wipe them out in return.

Having 8 units of Giant Rats is incredible, using them to block off routes to objectives, switch off Unleash Hell to protect my other units, and redeploying (not the CA) quickly to be able to put bodies on objectives. Stars of the show.

And I've never squeezed 3 HPAs into a list before. Meant I could afford to be really reckless with them, and was always able to get a devastating round of attacks with them each turn.

Can't wait to play some more and really get to grips with optimising the new command abilities, and which Battle Tactics and Grand Strategies to choose.

• LOVE IT! 3

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Did anyone else notice Warscroll Builder points are off for Giant Rats (at the least)?  

Or am I late with this news.

Yeah, they just seem to have forgotten about it.

nothing to worry, It is just a human mistake, considering that there that one guy updating every single army of aos on his own.

If he didn’t make any mistakes by doing so, I would consider him almost an equal, when compared to the great horned rat 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

I got to some scheming. I always go to Eshin first to make them work. Here's a sneaky list...

Spoiler

- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Verminlord Deceiver (345) in Warlord
- General
- Command Trait: Shadowmaster
- Artefact: Shadow Magnet Trinket
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Deathmaster (115) in Warlord
- Artefact: The Cube of Mists
Deathmaster (115) in Warlord
- Artefact: Warpweeper Stars
Clawlord (105) in Warlord
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury
Warlock Bombardier (125) in Warlord
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (260) in Warlord
- Rusty Spear
- Reinforced x 1
- Halberd & Shield
40 x Clanrats (260) in Warlord
- Rusty Spear
- 1x Standard Bearers
- Reinforced x 1

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)
5 x Gutter Runners (65) in Warlord

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (185)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Wounds: 149

So first off, Eshin heroes are the only one's with untapped potential for 3.0, and they need-need artifacts to be interesting. Had to start there. Justified 6 heroes for going double Warlord battalion. Gutter runners I wish I could run in larger packs but no longer work like we want them to in mixed lists. Second, like many lists I make with Eshin, I intend to pilot it in a very cagey fashion. I expect very little of my army to survive, but movement and positioning are king, lots of heroes scurrying out of combat. 

For this list experiment, I intend to track the following:

• Warpweeper Stars artifact combined with Curse prayer, for both nat6's to hit and wound doing MW's. Followed up with a total of 10 melee attacks for more potential MW's. Ideally I'm getting the assassin target re-rolls to hit. Note: 3.0 rules make eshin's exploding 6's on hit awkward as you now must choose only 1 trigger effect for a dice roll.
  • Also Warpweeper Stars sneaks in to impact Unleash hell potential. Cool. Outshined of course by Unleash Hell with a WARP LIGHTNING CANNON! boowahhah!
  • For deployment, I'll have half of my army in reserve using my Clanrats gift wrapping trick. Ideally, I'll have that half completely entrenched at another Gnawhole ready for an opponent's charge. 
  • Deceiver will run up the middle, while not super defensive, being hard to catch and juicy bait. Going to see if giving the bombardier the flight spell will help my general get outta of pickles by giving him fly and then scurrying away. 
  • Most importantly, I want to see the Deceiver assassinate stuff. I will be looking to see Flaming Spell do work and check if finally giving eshin a way to increase damage will help compete with our other "assassin"(Warbringer). Tricks and tools +damage.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I call this list the Great Wall of Thanquol

Hide contents

- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
- Triumphs:
Arch-Warlock (175) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Ghost-mist
Grey Seer (140) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Thanquol on Boneripper (405) in Warlord
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
60 x Clanrats (390) in Battle Regiment
- Rusty Spear
- 3x Standard Bearers
- 3x Standard Bell Ringers
- Reinforced x 2
20 x Clanrats (130) in Battle Regiment
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
- Halberd & Shield
Hell Pit Abomination (240) in Battle Regiment
- Mutation: Accelerated Regeneration
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Warlord
Battle Regiment
Prayer

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 145

I was on the same wavelength as @will pollock for Ratlng Gunners, and yes, both Overseer of Destruction and Hidden Weapon teams trigger at the same time and thus you as the active player can decide the order of operations. Now keep in mind, this is not really a trick for your opponent, you can only use this aggressively in your turn. For Unleash Hell, Thanquol's got that covered.

The other trick I want to point out for us now is the true power of the Curse Universal Prayer. It causes MWs on Nat6's, for EVERYTHING, including shots from the ratlings. The real surprise is a block of 60 clanrats that can now maintain their full horde bonuses and use spears to fish for 6's like no one's business. I toyed with having a clawlord for some gusto and bump the Grey Seer for more attacks on the clanrats.

My other spice is a Hellpit Abomination with the potential to heal 4D3 a round between its mutation and the free-roaming Lifeswarm. Who else is excited for Moulder!

like the list but are ratling guns not 65 using the ghb points? think it's an error with warscroll builder, could just drop lifeswarm or something 

thoughts on this list? 2 drop with double regiment 

- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (125) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (265) in Battle Regiment
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone