5kaven5lave

17 hours ago, The Red King said:

smaller version of the Clawlord on Brood Horror.

That was old Skaven Warlord on Great Pox Rat I think. Personally, I would like to see Clawlord on Warlitter. Same goes for Warden King on Shieldbearers.

I am about to place an order on Battlebits because they are doing a 50% sale atm, for some conversion bits to make some Acolytes,Jezzails and maybe some Weapon Teams.

I am definitly getting enough to make 30 Acolytes out of my spare Monks. Should I get 12 Jezzails or you think 9 will be enough? Most lists I see only use 9 Jezzails, is there a reason for that?

Are Weapons teams useful to have? I already own 1 Warpfire Thrower, Would it be worth getting another 1 or 2 Weapons teams? 

Im going to use Monks for the Acolytes and Stormvermin+Clanrat for the Jezzails, do you think the Weapons teams will look good with 1 Stormvermin for the gunner and 1 Monk for the loader?

On 4/10/2020 at 5:48 AM, Cosmicsheep said:

Hi guys, quick rules question. 

When playing against KO, when I cast Warpgale or Dreaded Warpgale on a flying vessel, should it still be able to Fly High? RAW defines flying as the ability to move over terrain without penalty (I'm paraphrasing) but is the Fly High a different kind of movement? 

I did email the GW FAQ on this some time ago but got no reply. 

You only remove the ability to Fly; Fly High is it's own separate ability and doesn't require that the model be able to Fly. So it can still be used.

If anything, it's another form of teleport\set up and therefore Warpgale doesn't do anything except make the model not be able to Fly (IE Ignore models and terrain for movement).

@Orchid89 As for your questions, 9 Jezzails fits into most lists quite well and is the perfect size to do their job, in my opinion. 12 is more reliable at killing behemoths and the like, but 9 still have the potential to remove 12+ wounds (I mean, I've practically 1-shot a Lord of Change and took 10 off a Terrorgheist).. normally they just aim at support hero's or elite units that they can whittle down a notch.

I'm not big on Warpfire Teams, but they're good if you meta has a lot of horde units... and doesn't shoot\magic them off the table. My meta has hordes, but they're mostly all competitive players who will not let them get close enough and due to how line of sight works in AoS, it's nearly impossible to hide them as they move up the board. Ratling Guns are a different story.

I think they would look fine.. my Jezzails don't have Clanrats holding up the pavise's except for 1. It's really up to you; a rat holding a large rifle behind a large shield is generally enough to convey what it is 😉

Edited by Gwendar
  • Thanks 3

So I thought of another list that I might try and use for the next great event that will hopefully take place since the tournament in Luxembourg won’t be taking place this year sadly.

so here it is, the small Vermin-tide:

Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait : Savage Overlord
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
Warlock Engineer (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact : Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd & Shield
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 232
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Has anybody picked up some of these models from Punga? They look fantastic but I would love to see some real life pics or hear a couple user reviews before I pull the trigger and buy a bunch.  http://pungaminiatures.com/ratman-warriors/

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.48.31 AM.png

No not yet, but you can be certain that I’ll be ordering some of their delicious ratties

• LOVE IT! 1

53 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Has anybody picked up some of these models from Punga? They look fantastic but I would love to see some real life pics or hear a couple user reviews before I pull the trigger and buy a bunch.  http://pungaminiatures.com/ratman-warriors/

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.48.31 AM.png

Oh boy, isn't that a quite audacious violation of design rights? 

Edited by michu
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

So this isolation seems like a good time to start something new.  Do you guys have a good start collecting guide? Or is it just piece it together?

Have you played AoS before?

The start collecting box is great.  

Eventual goal would be 3 units Clanrats, and probably 3 units of Plague Monks to run a Pestilence list too.

8 hours ago, Coyote said:

Have you played AoS before?

The start collecting box is great.  

Eventual goal would be 3 units Clanrats, and probably 3 units of Plague Monks to run a Pestilence list too.

Sorry that was silly of me. Ya I have been playing for a few years. My main army is FEC. But I also have some ironjawz and Duardin floating around. I am just not super motivated to paint them and who doesn’t love skaven?

If you have other armies Proxy games until you figure out what you need.  Get Azyr app, the rule book.

Skaven have all the toys with Skrye; and I have 3 different Verminlords assembled, and 2 Bells - So assembling the army can be costly.

So I started talking to a friend about the skaven race, and how gw could improve their their state as a real vermintide, and being them again up a level, when it comes down to tournament.

so what we came up with was this.

-clanrats:

the most numerous warriors in the under empires, one of the best meatshields units in the entire game, and in numerous numbers not even bad combatants.

they are a great unit and not really in need of any changes actually, when it comes down to point, that is something I and my friend both agreed on, 

although there was something bothering us.

being able to take a unit if clan-rats up to 4models is great but unlike our counterpart the gloomspite gitz, our unit of meat-shield can not be taken in 60s, something both of us found pretty lacking considering that the skaven are basically as numerous as the goblins (if not even more).

this would also up the game a bit for the skaven, since that number 60 seems to be a magic limit for many damage dealing units, like for example the most hated terrorgheist, a unit of 4Ironguts etc.

stormvermins:

there isn’t much I can say about them, only that they are in a dire need of a pointsdrop. And we aren’t talking about a 10-20 pointsdrop, but rather one that almost goes into the hundreds.

There is actually more but my time is a  bit limited so i’ll give you guys the rest of our conclusion tomorrow

• Like 1

Are Skaven players worried at all that if Stormvermin were reduced in cost that then suddenly they would just be the default battle line over rats? 

What about the improvement of their warscroll to justify the cost? What changes could you make? Or a Horde discount as you get more? 

3 hours ago, gronnelg said:

@Skreech VerminkingWith units of 6 I would be even more terrified of "roll once per model" kinds of attacks, like the Mortek Crawlers special attack.
But your thinking is that if the meatshield could survive with a few models, then it would still hold whatever the opposition player threw at them?

Well that is true it might seem terrifying, but most bonerepear lists that have 1-2 crawlers will usually not have enough speed and fighting power to destroy the elite waiting behind that screen to really make the Clanrats a worthy target.

sure if your fielding a clanrat only army, but we’re talking here about a skaventide list, that might be interested in taking jezzails, stormvermins, plague monks, etc. All unit a bonereaper army would like to ignore if possible.

and clanrats usually just aren’t one if them.

Edit: also I was thinking in total, sure bonereaper are the thing right now, but I haven’t seen a tournament were like only 1certain army is being played by 80-90% of the players partaking.

I think the only time something likewise was the case when  dok just came out and dominated the scene

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

Are Skaven players worried at all that if Stormvermin were reduced in cost that then suddenly they would just be the default battle line over rats? 

What about the improvement of their warscroll to justify the cost? What changes could you make? Or a Horde discount as you get more? 

Nah, they would still be 100-150+ points more expensive for a unit of 40 so they wouldn't outright replace Clanrats. I think they would most certainly replace one of the Clanrat units though. I would definitely start running 1x40 Stormvermin over one of my Clanrat units at that point; 2 of them would be enough to screen for most.

For one, I think they need to inherently hit on 3's and maybe a +1 better save. I would be wary of adding anything beyond that, such as exploding hits or mortals or they may be too strong? I made comparison calculations X pages back but.. there are a lot of other factors to consider. They're the kind of thing you would need to be careful with, but this game has mostly been about taking a unit off the board in 1 turn (or very nearly doing so) as of late so I could justify them having a gross amount of overkill potential.

I would be fine either way. If they went down in cost to 300-350ish at 40 with the same warscroll I would bring them. Likewise if they made some changes such as the above, I think I would be willing to justify them having a spot... although it would be hard to have 3 good threats at that kind of cost (when you also need to take a Clawlord and Grey Seer for DF) so it would still be a struggle. Maybe still lower them to 400?

Just a little something I came up with. 4 threats, though the Engineer would need to be very careful to not get sniped or 2 of those are neutered right away:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
20 x Skryre Acolytes (240)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

• Like 2

In a mirror match, can my opponent use my Gnawholes to transport a unit? If so, why? I would assume the warscroll refers to me since it is my terrain, so when it says "you"/"your" it is refering to me, not to whoevers turn it is. I was unable to find any FAQ/errata on this.

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

In a mirror match, can my opponent use my Gnawholes to transport a unit? If so, why? I would assume the warscroll refers to me since it is my terrain, so when it says "you"/"your" it is refering to me, not to whoevers turn it is. I was unable to find any FAQ/errata on this.

Yes, they can. This is due to the wording on the Gnawhole scroll of "you can use 1 Gnawhole to transport 1 friendly Skaventide unit" it doesn't have any possessive wording to indicate that it needs to be "your" Gnawhole, just A (or 1) Gnawhole.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:28 PM, Blisterfeet said:

@Gwendar makes valid points regarding this.

for me improving the warscroll wouldn’t make me want to take them. It’s just too big a slice out of the points limit for one unit.  They already do enough for their role in the army. Just too expensive to fit. 
you of course could make them good enough. High save, better to hit, strike first etc. But before you reach that point they will no longer fit the Skaventide imo. 

• Like 2

A bit of wishlisting/speculation but currently stormvermin are only available to buy direct order from GW.
I wonder if they will make them available  in a skaventide SC box?

I know we have a clan Pestilens box but I think it’s about time we had a proper skaventide one.

My dream contents would be 20 clanrats, 20 stormvermin and a verminlord (probably way too much to hope for value wise).

What would you like to see included in a skaventide SC box?

Or if your asking me what would be the perfect skaven start collecting, i would probably unpack the blood island kit and use those skaven as one.

considering that everything is made out of plastic and looks incredible good, this would be the perfect start collecting, sadly it is also only a far fetched wish and very unlikely to happen

Hey guys! 

I came up with this list, already tested it vs Nighthaunt and Gloomspite and it performed okay, the abomination escaping from dead because well... It's too horrible to die...

The idea was to mix the power of moulder and skryre in the more efficient possible way

What you guys think? Any modifications? Is Moulder Master worth playing? 

Screenshot_2020-04-30-19-59-00-507_com.gamesworkshop.ageofsigmar.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-30-19-59-13-701_com.gamesworkshop.ageofsigmar.jpg