5kaven5lave

21 minutes ago, Umjammerlama said:

image.png.44cf1e9f334b2ff8ef2c221810bbfdcc.png

I have noticed a warp-type contraption to the right of the picture by the clanrats that I don't recognise.  Maybe a new Skaven model?

No that thing is a combinated piece of a stormfiend warpfire projector glued with the tip of a warplightning cannon.

it is basically some kind of a  terrain feature gw seems to be using to show of their skaven models.

there were actually a good amount of those things around in the art of the current skaven battletome

3 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Just scenery I’m afraid. The box contents have already been leaked. Only new model is the deathmaster 

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

No that thing is a combinated piece of a stormfiend warpfire projector glued with the tip of a warplightning cannon.

it is basically some kind of a  terrain feature gw seems to be using to show of their skaven models.

there were actually a good amount of those things around in the art of the current skaven battletome

I live in hope! 

46 minutes ago, vaector said:

Just saw this posted on Reddit a few minutes ago.

r/ageofsigmar - New leaked Screaming Bell warscroll

So many changes.

• Lost 1 spellcast, but gained a casting bonus.
  • No more Battleshock immunity.
  • Verminlord summoning is actually likely (if wounded enough), but at the cost of the bell.
  • Range of the bell effect doesn't shrink, but it's much shorter by default.
  • Cracks Call range reduced by 5".
  • Bell table on a 1D6 instead of 2D6 means it will be more swingy.  Magical backlash only affects the bell now, but the likelihood has gone from 2.8% to 16.7% per turn.  There will be a lot of magical backlashing going on. At least you can choose not to ring the bell at all, now.
  • Option to switch to Priest means we might get a proper prayer table, although it would specifically need to allow Grey Seers to take a prayer, because they are a Wizard by default.
  • Rusty Spikes are a side grade.  Flat 6 instead of D6, but no charge bonus, flat 3+ to hit.
  • No change to the Rat Ogor attacks, which might be a preview of the Rat Ogor warscroll.

I like the casting bonus.  I'm not sure I like the changes to the bell. 

Edited by elescapo

I'm curious how the whole having the Priest keyword thing works. I'm guessing the only prayers we'll have access to are Bless and Smite. Not sure how useful those are but it's certainly a nice trick to have up our sleeves I guess.

4 minutes ago, vaector said:

I'm curious how the whole having the Priest keyword thing works. I'm guessing the only prayers we'll have access to are Bless and Smite. Not sure how useful those are but it's certainly a nice trick to have up our sleeves I guess.

My first thought was curse, followed by rattling cannons. That would be pretty disgusting 

3 minutes ago, elescapo said:

So many changes.

• Lost 1 spellcast, but gained a casting bonus.
  • No more Battleshock immunity.
  • Verminlord summoning is actually likely (if wounded enough), but at the cost of the bell.
  • Range of the bell effect doesn't shrink, but it's much shorter by default.
  • Cracks Call range reduced by 5".
  • Bell table on a 1D6 instead of 2D6 means it will be more swingy.  Magical backlash only affects the bell now, but the likelihood has gone from 2.8% to 16.7% per turn.  There will be a lot of magical backlashing going on. At least you can choose not to ring the bell at all, now.
  • Option to switch to Priest means we might get a proper prayer table, although it would specifically need to allow Grey Seers to take a prayer, because they are a Wizard by default.

I like the casting bonus.  I'm not sure I like the changes to the bell. 

Definitely lots of interesting things to consider. I'm hoping we'll get some battleshock immunity in the battle traits in some form to compensate. I'm also really not sure how I feel about the Peal of Doom changes. The options seem to be streamlined and all useful but the increased backlash chance and halved range does really suck.

I was really hoping the Pushed into Battle rule would be reworked in some way. With points going up and up and up it makes it makes the value of committing 10+ bodies to move the bell continually more challenging.

1 minute ago, Chase said:

My first thought was curse, followed by rattling cannons. That would be pretty disgusting 

Curse would certainly be ideal but since that's not one of the two default prayers you have to have a way of taking it as an enhancement to begin with. Unless there's a battle trait that allows that to happen I don't see how we'd be able to have access to it. Maybe GW will rule that upon gaining the Priest keyword mid-battle you are able to elect a prayer enhancement for them but I don't know if there has been any precedent for that kind of thing.

• Sad 1

I think the chanting bonus there is just gw using the same base profile for both furnace and screaming bell, I doubt this thing can become priest. 

And I for one am happy that this thing no longer gives bshock immunity. Gameplay be damned, skaven should not be the "brave" army. Also removal of bshock immunity should not come as surprise, GW has removed many bshock immunity abilities from basically all 3rd edition tomes they've released (I'm even willing to bet that ossiarch bonereapers will no longer have that ability in their future btome).

Edited by angrycontra
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

I think the chanting bonus there is just gw using the same base profile for both furnace and screaming bell, I doubt this thing can become priest. 

And I for one am happy that this thing no longer gives bshock immunity. Gameplay be damned, skaven should not be the "brave" army. Also removal of bshock immunity should not come as surprise, GW has removed many bshock immunity abilities from basically all 3rd edition tomes they've released (I'm even willing to bet that ossiarch bonereapers will no longer have that ability in their future btome).

I actually liked the idea that it gave the skaventide somewhat of a chance to ignore battleshock.

It’s rule currently is okish.

being able to summon a verminlord when low on wounds is fantastic 

16 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Alter of the Horned Rat means it gains the PRIEST keyword. That makes it a priest the same way gaining the WIZARD keyword allows a unit to cast spells.

Looks like I’ll be going back to running the bell. Since 3.0 I’ve opted to take a Warpgnaw Verminlord over the bell and run minimum battleline, now I can have both 😂 And the lack of battleshock bubble hasn’t really bothered me when I normally have spare CP. Run the bell as general with cunning trait to harvest extra CP and hope  we’ve still got the Warpseer for battleshock 🤞

Maybe they will keep the artefact (some robe) to give battleshock immunity. Especially with multiple Clanrat units that can make a difference.

Any way this looks very Skaven-like. Not sure how strong it will be (I would guess not too much) but it is thematic.

35 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Looks like I’ll be going back to running the bell. Since 3.0 I’ve opted to take a Warpgnaw Verminlord over the bell and run minimum battleline, now I can have both 😂 And the lack of battleshock bubble hasn’t really bothered me when I normally have spare CP. Run the bell as general with cunning trait to harvest extra CP and hope  we’ve still got the Warpseer for battleshock 🤞

That's assuming the warpseer battleshock immunity doesn't get stripped like the bell did or that the cunning command trait still exists.  we'll have a month or so where we can exploit all of that between when the box comes out with updated warscrolls and when the book comes out, but after that who knows what kind of battleshock/CP options we'll have. It looks like battleshock immunity is being stripped from a lot of units this edition. We'll see!

1 hour ago, vaector said:

That's assuming the warpseer battleshock immunity doesn't get stripped like the bell did or that the cunning command trait still exists.  we'll have a month or so where we can exploit all of that between when the box comes out with updated warscrolls and when the book comes out, but after that who knows what kind of battleshock/CP options we'll have. It looks like battleshock immunity is being stripped from a lot of units this edition. We'll see!

There is a good chance he’ll loose that.

maybe he’ll be able to pick up to 3 or more skaventide units that can be given the inspiring presence command with just 1 cp being spend

17 hours ago, Chase said:

Now patiently waiting for the Deathmaster leak

looking at skittershank and his clawpack's warscrolls might give us some hints.

I'm scared that night/gutter runners are going to be like chaos marauders when StD got their first tome and the best warscroll is going to be for the worst looking unit with the eshin toxin rule doing d3 mortals 6s on all their weapons.

Edited by TheMuphinMan

Oh man that guy looks awesome and thats befote any extra rules traits or relics.  Wonder how the Verminlord deciever will compare?

Quick question on clanrats. Better to run in cheap blobs of 20, big 40 or a mix? And if 40 im assuming spears?

Thanks