AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

11 minutes ago, DrDemento said:

I can't find the 5th troggoth!!!  Mollog, Dank Boss, Fellwater, Rockgut.    Am I missing a big dankhold troggoth but not a hero?  I thought maybe I saw it somewhere but it's not in the community teasers... 

Forgeworld scrolls updated with Gloomspite keyword, including the Hag and the Bonegrinder!!!

Sorry i counted Fellwater twice... Where you found forgeworld scrolls? 

5 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Sorry i counted Fellwater twice... Where you found forgeworld scrolls? 

Forgeworld NZ website:  https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar?N=2712500449+3576777741&amp;Nr=AND(sku.siteId%3ANZ_fw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_NZ_fw)&amp;Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[product.startDate+<%3D+1546683120000+and+product.endDate+>%3D+1546683120000]

Hag and Bonegrinder are under Destruction or Monsters.

Finally, it's interesting to note that the "Grot Warboss" is still on NZ webstore under Gloomspite but has the old GA Destruction warscroll that has the old version of stab 'em good ability (not "wholly within" and double damage).  

So, while my son and I have sizeable Order and Chaos armies,  I'm a noob when it comes to Age of Sigmar grots. Back in the Oldhammer days I had a pretty sizeable goblin army with orc allies, mangler etc and it was loads of fun, but with the AoS starter sets and all, Chaos and Order were the better options when it came to kickstarting the hobby.

Now with the release of the Loonshrine (a pretty impressive piece of scenery IMO) I'm hooked by all things green and grumpy (and ever so sneaky). This week I took the plunge with 40 moonclan grots from eBay (20 shootas, 20 stickas), and will almost certainly by the battletome.

However, I'm now scratching my head as to what next to get? In terms of allies, I have a start collecting set of Greenskinz, so I've got the orruk heavy cavalry with the boar riders and chariot, and I like the look of the Troggoths and fantatics. So what's worth the points and the purchases (other than the Loonshrine which is my must-get)?

Any advice would be massively appreciated ... as I turn to the green side of my force. 😁

I have to say, I'm bit worried about loonshrine. Its unit resurrection only affects moonclan grot stabbas and shootas. Why is this problem? Well let's assume this thing is free terrain piece all gloomspite armies get by default. What happens when I want to play pure trogg or spiderfang or squig force? Am I effectively punished for not taking standard moonclan units because that ability is just too good to pass? Bshock immunity it also gives is nice but only if you can place it in the middle.

Troggboss costs 300 pts
which is good.

Moonboss on mangler is also 300 points, seems a bit too cheap for his damage potential and speed, but it's still okayish...I guess 😃

Boinggrot Bounders are 100.

I predict a chain-squig and boinggrot spam to kill the enemy with MWs alone.... XD #CompetetiveSucksNow

Edited by JackStreicher

The Gloomspite Gitz also can no longer ally with Ironjawz!

Edit: Also I am a bit confused about the Bad Moon mechanic. 

Does the Bad Moon only travel in one direction and dissolves if he reaches the edge of the board  or does he move back and forth?

I thought maybe that the Bad Moon travels back if he reaches the other side of the board, because the arrow points backwards.

Also another question: How does the mechanic work with 6 board tiles instead of the 4 tiles shown in the illustration?

Edited by Infeston

18 minutes ago, Infeston said:

The Gloomspite Gitz also can no longer ally with Ironjawz!

Edit: Also I am a bit confused about the Bad Moon mechanic. 

Does the Bad Moon only travel in one direction and dissolves if he reaches the edge of the board  or does he move back and forth?

I thought maybe that the Bad Moon travels back if he reaches the other side of the board, because the arrow points backwards.

Also another question: How does the mechanic work with 6 board tiles instead of the 4 tiles shown in the illustration?

You simply divide the board into 4 tiles again...

Started with Orcs and Goblins with the 6th edition WHFB starter set and still have the Skull Pass Goblins from the next set - it's time to return to AoS and reach back to my greenskin roots! Ordered the battletome, a box of Hoppers and some round bases for the Goblins I already have; I'm aiming to make a skirmish force to begin with.