Best saving throw ever!

Greasygeek

Yesterday I was priming my Spirit Torment (Crawlocke) on my balcony and while struggeling to get the last few drops out of the can I accidentally blew the model off the ledge and if fell to pavement below. From my appartment at the second floor thats quite a drop for a miniature thats known for breaking just by trying to assemble it. Somehow it made the fall and has absolutely no sign of damage what so ever.. Guess I owe Nagash a hug or something!

So starting this silly topic, whats the most harm on any of your  miniatures that it survived? Or in other words which mini has the best saving throw ever?

My fat little metal Juggerlord fell from a head-high shelf onto my cement garage floor. Watched it in slow motion. Sailed past my eyes and down past my knees as I mentally screamed "NOOOOO!" and then... he just sorta slapped down directly onto the base with a little vibration like a coin settling onto a table.

If he wasn't pinned, maybe it woulda been more like a little Khorne grenade going off...

1 hour ago, Balloon Dwarf said:

I actually dropped my Grimwrath Berzerker while crossing the road the other day. I figured he was a goner but looked back after the traffic to find him still standing, still in one piece. I was amazed. 

The more traffic there is around him the better his chance of survival, clearly. 

17 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

This thread is too real.

Very similarly to OP, I was spraying my mounted Knight of Shrouds and he fell out of the window. I sprinted down to the garden... and found him unharmed. All glory to Nagash!

Whats with these ghosts and their bizzarre need to fly off buildings!?

I knocked my Celestant-Prime off the far side of the table once.  The base came off, and it didn't just come off, it FLEW across the room, including that spinning-top style slow spiral down to stillness.  I figured I was doooomed, but I ran around the table and the model was fine, and other than the detaching the base was fine, and I glued him back down to the base and it was all good again.

3 hours ago, gjnoronh said:

@Sleboda am I correct you had an award winning Genestealer Patriarch miniature that definitively failed it's saving throw on the  ice outside RIT once upon a time.  I won't tell the story but it's been told and retold in Rochester several times. 

It's entirely possible.  I have had some nasty model crashes over the years.  I don't recall that specific one, but again, easily could be.

The one that overwhelms all other memories in my mind is when I had a few thousand points of my Tomb Kings on a cafeteria tray and slipped on the ice in front of the house where I was living at the time (Owings Mills, MD). The tray went up in the air. The models went everywhere.  There was snow on the ground. I didn't find all the metal skeleton heads (from BB Khemri team) until the spring, when the snow thawed.  I still have models I have not re-assembled from that spill.

My friend had his 3k points of Dark Elves sitting on the edge of a table on a bit of ceramic while we were playing a game. Halfway through the game the ceramic tile slippled and fell, spun in the air, and landed atop 100+ models.

Took him a few weeks to get everything back together again.

@Sleboda  the way it's been told is you had a Golden Daemon placing Genestealer Patriarch  in a box you were carrying down the stairs to  an event at RIT.

NY weather being what it is you slipped on the ice and people swear that Genestealer went straight up ten feet above your head before coming down to crash in many pieces on the icy concrete. 

That elevation and the fact it was a GD placing miniature was what made it stuck in my mind for over 20 years.  But I wasn't there was Jeff W.

I got to say man your penchant for transporting your army in open topped boxes/trays seems like something that should be rethought. 
Gary

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

The truth about models is that they can survive a fall from a height that would kill a man or being hit by a metal box while moving, but if they accidentally get knocked over on the table, they're irreparably broken.

The rule of cell phone screen breaking also applies to Warhammer models.

Archived