AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

My on worry is that they put a load of points up which doesn't actually shutdown the main powerhouse, but does mean that armies get basically even more focused around it alone. I still wish they'd consider actual stat-line changes not just point changes. Then again we've seen Flesheaters and Skaven rising up to be big powerhouses as well so its not as if daughters are alone at the top of the risky tower. 

Then again GW might be more marginal with changes this year s they are about half way through updating all of AoS. 

My guess is that they do very little. Maybe a points change for Death Hags but I'll be surprised if it as extreme as 60 to 120. And maybe Witches and Sisters loose the 30 model discount. But TBH I expect GW will realize the problem is Hagg Narr and either errata it or leave it till the next DOK book.

My dream is that the GHB gives us Khelt Narr temple rules. Something that would stop people playing Hagg Narr but it's unlikely.

Has anyone tested how the new forbidden power endless spell interact with DoK?

The 2 most promising spells in theory are Lauchon the Soulseeker and Horrorghast.

1. Lauchon the Soulseeker can give a unit of 30 Witches or 20 Melusai additional 12" movement.

Considering 30-1 Witches, they will have an effective threat range of 12" (spell) + 6" (move) + 6" (run, use CP for flat 6) + 7" (avg. charge) = 31" (+2" with Cauldron Guard). This is pretty insane considering you can simply toss all your buffs at them stuff them into your enemy face on turn 1. The only issue is putting a hero within 8" of the unit to benefit from +1 attack.

Alternatively 20-1 Melusai Blood Sisters will have an effective threat range of 12" (spell) + 8" (move) + 7" (avg. charge) = 27".

Draichi Ganeth may actually be a viable option with the +1 to hit on charge.

2. Horrorghast can combo with Shrouds of Despair for bravery difference potential of  minus 2 to 5 to trigger Mindrazor +1 damage.

Although the Horrorghast will also affect our units, keeping a safe 6" away is more realistic to ensure the enemy suffers -2 while we only suffer -1 bravery. Combined with Shrouds of Despair, it is more likely to proc the +1 damage from Mindrazor.

Hi guys. 

Just got Morathi (wooohu!) 

Now the question is how to use her? 

The 1500 point list I usually run is: 

Temple: Khailebron

Medusa general, beauty, stone, mindrazor.

2 hagg queens, one with circlet and CoM the other sacrement of blood

10 blood sisters 

2*5 blood sisters 

2*5 blood stalkers 

2*5 heartrenders

Temple nest. 

So with morathi I will hit the 2k mark, or close to at least. 

What would be the beat way to use morathi. Transforming her turn 1 and sending her away with khailebron trait and hope for a 9" rerollable charge seems fun. But would it be more efficient to use her magic power a round or two before going ape ****** with her? 

Cheers!

This might be old news to folk on here (and apologies if it is), but I’ve long harboured ideas of a DoK army and recently noticed the Battleforce box for the ‘Devoted of Khaine’ has vanished from online. It would’ve been a great starting point, so has anybody heard anything about what’s going on? 

5 minutes ago, Redbaron said:

This might be old news to folk on here (and apologies if it is), but I’ve long harboured ideas of a DoK army and recently noticed the Battleforce box for the ‘Devoted of Khaine’ has vanished from online. It would’ve been a great starting point, so has anybody heard anything about what’s going on? 

It was a Christmas battleforce and like all the others it was only ever a short term product. I believe AoS side only the Slaves to Darkness box is still in stock, whilst the Seraphon box sold out the fastest. DoK might or might not get another this Christmas, but as they are not Stormcast I would wager they won't and that GW will put other factions first. 

• Thanks 1

Hm, interesting. I did see only a few were left, like one or two of the 40k ones, or S2D and so on. It seems a bit of an odd situation for new folk getting into the faction, when your most obvious starting point is taken away - I don’t even think there is a Start Collecting set at the moment. ☹️

8 minutes ago, Redbaron said:

Hm, interesting. I did see only a few were left, like one or two of the 40k ones, or S2D and so on. It seems a bit of an odd situation for new folk getting into the faction, when your most obvious starting point is taken away - I don’t even think there is a Start Collecting set at the moment. ☹️

Correct for some reason GW hasn't produced one for DoK nor for Idoneth. The DoK did get the Blood Coven (cauldron and witches with discount) and whilst it sold out from GW early on, it was around for a good few months up till around Christmas ish in 3rd party stores before it too has gone. 

It's an added sting for DoK because the basic troops (Witches) are priced at elite unit prices. 

Idoneth do have a SC box now!  But it's not a great one necessarily.

If you're lucky you might be able to find some independent stores which still have stock of the Devoted of Morathi box in, depending on where you live, but it would be a long-shot, sadly.

31 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Idoneth do have a SC box now!  But it's not a great one necessarily.

If you're lucky you might be able to find some independent stores which still have stock of the Devoted of Morathi box in, depending on where you live, but it would be a long-shot, sadly.

I managed to buy two of them, which in the long run will save me a lot of money. I'm actually surprised the boxes lasted as long as they did in our area, as DoK are doing very well right now and you would think more people would be interested in them. I think the price and model range must really put people off.

So, might be picking up this for $450 (CAD) inc tomb and cards. good deal? all are new plastic

Morathi 
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood
Slaughter Queen
2 Bloodwrack Medusa, 1 unbuilt

30 Witch Aelves
20 Blood Sisters
10 Blood stalkers
10 Heartrenders
10 Doomfire Warlocks

Think thats a good amount of stuff to get some lists going? 

Edited by Chumphammer

On 6/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, InSaint said:

Has anyone tested how the new forbidden power endless spell interact with DoK?

The 2 most promising spells in theory are Lauchon the Soulseeker and Horrorghast.

1. Lauchon the Soulseeker can give a unit of 30 Witches or 20 Melusai additional 12" movement.

Considering 30-1 Witches, they will have an effective threat range of 12" (spell) + 6" (move) + 6" (run, use CP for flat 6) + 7" (avg. charge) = 31" (+2" with Cauldron Guard). This is pretty insane considering you can simply toss all your buffs at them stuff them into your enemy face on turn 1. The only issue is putting a hero within 8" of the unit to benefit from +1 attack.

Alternatively 20-1 Melusai Blood Sisters will have an effective threat range of 12" (spell) + 8" (move) + 7" (avg. charge) = 27".

Draichi Ganeth may actually be a viable option with the +1 to hit on charge.

2. Horrorghast can combo with Shrouds of Despair for bravery difference potential of  minus 2 to 5 to trigger Mindrazor +1 damage.

Although the Horrorghast will also affect our units, keeping a safe 6" away is more realistic to ensure the enemy suffers -2 while we only suffer -1 bravery. Combined with Shrouds of Despair, it is more likely to proc the +1 damage from Mindrazor.

Thats not what LtS actually does: your movement ends after using its ability (sure you can charge but you cannot make a move or run).

Also you wont fit a 30man squad wholly into 3" to LtS or 20 snakes...

And you can absolutely fit 30 25mm bases wholly within 3" of Lauchon, someone's already made a movement tray for it!  I think you can actually get closer to 50 25 mm bases or 30+ 25mm bases?  But it is probably something you'd need a template for for the sake of speed...

4 hours ago, Lucentia said:

And you can absolutely fit 30 25mm bases wholly within 3" of Lauchon, someone's already made a movement tray for it!  I think you can actually get closer to 50 25 mm bases or 30+ 25mm bases?  But it is probably something you'd need a template for for the sake of speed...

Yeah I would definitely build a template for this to speed the game up a little.

My ultimate vain hope is they somehow make Blood Stalkers good, because unless they drop to around 100 points, they're total garbage. Even then, they'd still be a tax for Temple Nest. Another situation where I don't think a simple point change is the answer.

8 hours ago, Mutton said:

My ultimate vain hope is they somehow make Blood Stalkers good, because unless they drop to around 100 points, they're total garbage. Even then, they'd still be a tax for Temple Nest. Another situation where I don't think a simple point change is the answer.

Yeah those are amazing models wasted right now. 😅 

but still great fun for Skirmish if you are so inclined. 

1 hour ago, whispersofblood said:

The present problem of them not doing anything remains. 

Mortal wounds on an unmodified 6 would help. Because basically character sniping is a no-go due to look out sir. They performed that task fairly well in 1st edition.

Edited by DJMoose