AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

Lumineth have some really good options, as well as seraphon.

11 hours ago, RonnPhan said:

Hey everyone, I just got the Dominion box to start off my force along with a Lord Arcanum and a Lord Ordinator, I was wondering what Order faction would make the best allies for them. I know I can run Steam Tanks with the Ordinator, but I wanted to know if there are any other army with good synergy for SCE?

I'll suggest u look first at cities of sigmar(COS), as they can be mixed into stormkeeps, and u can put stormcasts into COS as well.

• Like 1

Are castigators any good? I've just acquired 12 of them amongst a pile of stuff. I don't mean in whatever we get next, I mean right now. I know it could all change next month, but I want an idea of their current uses, or failing that, if I should just convert them into judicators. Same question about the dracolines(except the judicators part). Both units seem to be in awkward spaces. 

Hope you're having a good week.

34 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Are castigators any good? I've just acquired 12 of them amongst a pile of stuff. I don't mean in whatever we get next, I mean right now. I know it could all change next month, but I want an idea of their current uses, or failing that, if I should just convert them into judicators. Same question about the dracolines(except the judicators part). Both units seem to be in awkward spaces. 

Right now, Castigators are a very disappointing unit. You're pretty much always better off taking any other SCE ranged unit. 

The Dracolines, on the other hand, are a pretty solid unit. They won't win you a game in their own right, but they're fast, pack a decent punch, and have some magic at their disposal. A perfectly respectable addition to any SCE force you run.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

keep castigators how they are, no point in converting to something else if new warscrolls make castigators attractive picks

so it seems like we can expect our new tome in July, but that would mean it comes out before at least the chariot and knight-judicator reinforcements, let alone the kits after those... do you think we'll have to buy a 2nd book like LRL just to have rules for the 4-5 reinforcement kits we're getting?

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

so it seems like we can expect our new tome in July, but that would mean it comes out before at least the chariot and knight-judicator reinforcements, let alone the kits after those... do you think we'll have to buy a 2nd book like LRL just to have rules for the 4-5 reinforcement kits we're getting?

Who says it comes before knight-judicator and the chariot? Why wouldnt they include those models in the book if they were sculpted, built, cast and painted by 'eavy metal before they even revealed the dominion box? By all means the new tome should include all of the units we've heard of, plus a few we haven't of course!

• Like 3

because GW has a certain way of releasing stuff which means it will come in wave of x boxes

it would be a surprise if we see the non core box units before August and there is the chance that some of the units in the box might come even later

just because they have it does not mean they release it and the EM team usually works with masters not the production models for promos

10 hours ago, Kodos der Henker said:

because GW has a certain way of releasing stuff which means it will come in wave of x boxes

it would be a surprise if we see the non core box units before August and there is the chance that some of the units in the box might come even later

just because they have it does not mean they release it and the EM team usually works with masters not the production models for promos

Yeah, gw always releases stuff in waves.

Why would they wait until August when we know the book comes out in July? There's no way GW's just gonna release the battletomes (cause don't forget, Orruk Warclans are getting a new tome too) and not put out any models alongside it. At the very least, we can expect some number of new models, whether that's Vanquishers/Vindictors, maybe the rumored new ranged unit (if its not Vanquishers) and a hero or two or its something else entirely, the battletome's gonna go on pre-order sometime in July and new models will go on pre-order alongside it, just like they did with Soulblight (and pretty much every other army ever)

there are also the regular Starter Sets for a release Slot, and to compare in 40k Marines and Necrons waited several months after the Codex hit for the last unit of the launch box to be released

Starter Sets, Battledomes, units from the sets and new units

I guess August/September until we see all the new stuff just because it is a lot and GW does not want to release everything within a short timeframe

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kodos der Henker said:

there are also the regular Starter Sets for a release Slot, and to compare in 40k Marines and Necrons waited several months after the Codex hit for the last unit of the launch box to be released

Starter Sets, Battledomes, units from the sets and new units

I guess August/September until we see all the new stuff just because it is a lot and GW does not want to release everything within a short timeframe

This was during pandemic and gw had a lot of trouble with their schedule. Right now they are clean. Battletome will drop in June and models with it or week later. 

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

This was during pandemic and gw had a lot of trouble with their schedule. Right now they are clean. Battletome will drop in June and models with it or week later. 

July but yes I think so too. We’ll get tome, cards, dice, maybe terrain, a few kits, and staggered releases of more kits for the next month or two.

5 hours ago, Nizrah said:

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to how much stuff has been delayed this year
-Seraphon underworlds warband (and every one after it) we’re pushed back a month
-40K orks box should have been out by now
-40K grey knights and thousand sons codex + battle box were supposed to be out before chapter approved released
-sisters of battle are still waiting on at least 1 kit from the codex
-Cawdor necromunda were due months ago
etc

11 hours ago, Nizrah said:

This was during pandemic

the pandemic is still going and long from being over and the optimistic people come up with end of 2023 as the point were things go back to normal (as there is a raw material supply issue going on as well were the pandemic and lockdowns in all parts of the world do not help)

GW is far away from being clean

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:43 PM, mystycalchemy said:

Who says it comes before knight-judicator and the chariot? Why wouldnt they include those models in the book if they were sculpted, built, cast and painted by 'eavy metal before they even revealed the dominion box? By all means the new tome should include all of the units we've heard of, plus a few we haven't of course!

well your answer got a whitefang like ;) something something Cunningham's law

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Brak opisu.

It's so beatiful

I'm a sucker for the bird-dogs, or I guess bird-lions. These ones got horns though. So bird-lion-bulls? Still a beautiful model. Lot of movement there.(paws are a bit static, but eh. minor gripe) Makes me wonder though. Since there are so many types of gryphs (much like our dogs), what's the original domesticated animal? What is their wolf equivalent?

Question for the hive mind. Does a lord relictor need his skeleton banner to be recognizable? I wanted to do an Uther Lightbringer conversion on my relictor and Uther doesn't have a big banner thing. Is there a way to make him more recognizable as a relictor while he's cosplaying as Uther? Is it possible? Or is there a better hero to represent a paladin of the light? 

Cheers! Looking forward to the preview on Saturday. Hope everyone's having a good week.

For Sigmar!

I wonder how much of that gonna transfer into new book! But seqitors with ward 5+ 😮 Also all of our shield now give ignore 1 rend nice. If all SCE get into 3+ sv we are gonna finally be tanky like we always supposted to be! Also comet now deal d6 mortal wounds on 6 but you can't dispel it and summon it on the same turn 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nizrah said:

I wonder how much of that gonna transfer into new book! But seqitors with ward 5+ 😮 Also all of our shield now give ignore 1 rend nice. If all SCE get into 3+ sv we are gonna finally be tanky like we always supposted to be! Also comet now deal d6 mortal wounds on 6 but you can't dispel it and summon it on the same turn 

comet also only does damage when it comes down, and that ward save (sequitors) is only in the combat save so, nice, but I need protection vs shooting and magic =_=

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

comet also only does damage when it comes down, and that ward save (sequitors) is only in the combat save so, nice, but I need protection vs shooting and magic =_=

If you drop from the sky you dont need that for some amount of time 🤪

• Haha 1