AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

15 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

Just curious if anyone has heard rumors regrading a potential new book this summer (I have not)?  I'd love to get back into storm cast but its tough right now with GHB coming up as well as the potential for a new army book.  

I don't hear any news about SCE updating this year up to now, so I don't know a new battletome will come out this year, even if it happens, I think it will be more like the Extremis chamber one for the newly released chamber.

1 hour ago, Deepkin said:

Any competitive list that goes heavy on Fulminators, or possibly evocators on dracos? Recently came into a whole slew of vintage Bretonnian bitz, wanna make some Grailcast Eternals, hoping to make it a cavalry themed list cuz duh. 

If you want netlists - there's some but not many. The Stardrake list we talked about a page or two ago uses 2x2 Fulminators alongside a stardrake, and there's some popular Celestial Vindicators lists that use 6 Dracolines + a Lord Arcanum on Dracoline. That's all that I've seen for the most part, though I've tried some theorycrafting with multiple Dracoth units, nothing solid yet.

17 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

Just curious if anyone has heard rumors regrading a potential new book this summer (I have not)?  I'd love to get back into storm cast but its tough right now with GHB coming up as well as the potential for a new army book.  

I think it highly unlikely we get a new book this year. The "1 SCE Book Per Year" trend is probably done now that they're focusing on getting everything caught up for AoS2. 

Stardrake list works for me. Are the skinks necessary? Can always proxy them as men-at-arms (peasants are chaff anyways) but am curious how it does without them.

What would the Celestial Vindi list look like? Only ever seen Hammers of Sigmar and Anvils lists run before. 

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

If you want netlists - there's some but not many. The Stardrake list we talked about a page or two ago uses 2x2 Fulminators alongside a stardrake, and there's some popular Celestial Vindicators lists that use 6 Dracolines + a Lord Arcanum on Dracoline. That's all that I've seen for the most part, though I've tried some theorycrafting with multiple Dracoth units, nothing solid yet.

I think it highly unlikely we get a new book this year. The "1 SCE Book Per Year" trend is probably done now that they're focusing on getting everything caught up for AoS2. 

Awesome, I'm always a bit hesitant to buy new stuff but now after GHB I should be all set!

6 hours ago, Deepkin said:

Stardrake list works for me. Are the skinks necessary? Can always proxy them as men-at-arms (peasants are chaff anyways) but am curious how it does without them.

What would the Celestial Vindi list look like? Only ever seen Hammers of Sigmar and Anvils lists run before. 

Skinks aren't necessary but are nice bodies to have. Substitute them with whatever feels best imo.

CV is pretty straightforward, you run LA on Dracoline with a unit of 6 Dracoline Evocators, make her the general for 20 Sequitor Battleline, take a Castellant and Heraldor, then everything else to taste. 20 Sequitors with Castellant hold up the midfield while Dracoline Ball runs around the flank punching everything else in  the face. You could fill the rest of the points with Judicators and other shooting, or any other Hero type units (actually a second LAoD is not terrible in this situation). 

42 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Skinks aren't necessary but are nice bodies to have. Substitute them with whatever feels best imo.

CV is pretty straightforward, you run LA on Dracoline with a unit of 6 Dracoline Evocators, make her the general for 20 Sequitor Battleline, take a Castellant and Heraldor, then everything else to taste. 20 Sequitors with Castellant hold up the midfield while Dracoline Ball runs around the flank punching everything else in  the face. You could fill the rest of the points with Judicators and other shooting, or any other Hero type units (actually a second LAoD is not terrible in this situation). 

i really dont want the evocators to get a points increase, theyre just fine as they are given how utterly broken and powerful everything is. Seems like everyone has MW flying about

• Like 1

Hey guys, I don't do this often at all, so I'd really appreciate your advice. I'm partnering with very skinky Seraphon against Legions of Nagash and FEC in a 2x1200. Random scenario, but no one will play Places of Arcane Power or Realm rules.

My partner and I were thinking that he could be annoying, shooty and summon, whereas I could bring some beef. It's quite a boring list, but could you let me know your criticisms or alternate approaches please?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Lord-Castellant (100)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
Knight-Heraldor (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Evocators (400)
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Total: 1200 / 1200
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 101

Edited by Roark

Hi guys! Today I want to bring for your judgment some cool stuff(in my modest opinion)! So, this is it:

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (560)
- Celestine Hammer
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Mount Trait: Lithe-limbed
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Castellant (100)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

Battalions
Cleansing Phalanx (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109

I think about semi-comp list of my SCE army. Extreamlly, i love me stardrake and i want play it. What do you think about the list overall and small things like artefacts? Discuss

10 hours ago, Requizen said:

Also similar is Dave Kerr's list he won the 2018 Australian masters with it (though he ran anvils)! I'm a big fan as it doesn't rely to heavily on just combat or just shooting, a great combined arms list with plenty of built in mobility.  

– Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)

– General

– Command Trait : Deathly Aura

– Mount Trait : Wind Runner

Lord-Castellant (100)

Lord-Ordinator (140)

– Artefact : Soulthief

Knight-Vexillor (120)

– Pennant of the Stormbringer

Units

10 x Sequitors (240)

-Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

– 5 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

– 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)

– 4 x Grandstaves

War Machines

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1980/2000

Edited by jake3991

10 hours ago, jhamslam said:

i really dont want the evocators to get a points increase, theyre just fine as they are given how utterly broken and powerful everything is. Seems like everyone has MW flying about

I don't think Dracoline Evocators will get a point increase, if anything I think they might go down as GW will want to shift those boxes. I think they're quite reasonable for the points - they do less damage than an equivalent amount of foot Evocators, but are faster and more durability to certain attack types. Foot Evos can be just as fast with things like Heraldor with CP for 6" run or Gavriel Sureheart, but Dracolines are self-sufficient and still deal enough damage to be a threat to most things in the game.

Foot Evos will probably take a hit. They're in a high majority of competitive lists as a central unit, and can be quite unforgiving to play against unless you have your own turbo-murder unit like a Gristlegore AGKoTG.

50 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

Also similar is Dave Kerr's list he won the 2018 Australian masters with it (though he ran anvils)! I'm a big fan as it doesn't rely to heavily on just combat or just shooting, a great combined arms list with plenty of built in mobility.  

– Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)

– General

– Command Trait : Deathly Aura

– Mount Trait : Wind Runner

Lord-Castellant (100)

Lord-Ordinator (140)

– Artefact : Soulthief

Knight-Vexillor (120)

– Pennant of the Stormbringer

Units

10 x Sequitors (240)

– 5 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

5 x Sequitors (120)

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)

– 4 x Grandstaves

War Machines

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1980/2000

I do love his army, I imagine the Anvils ability is occasionally useful but more of a plus than anything. While the Dracoline Arcanum gives extra fighting power to Evocators, the inclusion of the Gryph Charger makes them more durable with his Healing spell and adds a lot of late-game mobility. I think there's still a lot of list-design space that hasn't been explored yet.

• Like 1

Final question, do you have to be within a certain range of it to do so?

So I'm originally a Seraphon player. I was planning on using the comet and incantor in my list. Slann's (kroak or starmaster) have unlimited unbind range so I'm hoping that mean they could unbind it and not have to be in range.

** I just realized your picture is Kroak lol.

Edited by Warbossironteef

Hi All! 

First-time poster but I have been following this thread for a while - y'all provide so much insight and knowledge sharing - THANK YOU!

So I have what I hope is an interesting list challenge for y'all - there is a themed event for Forbidden Power at the Warhammer Citadel Weekender, titled 'Magic without end' - the general details are below:

Our ongoing narrative continues as the Necroquake continues to ravage the Mortal Realms. Will you be able to harness the winds of magic to lessen the impact of Nagash's wrath on the living?

Bring a 1000 point force using a Pitched battle vanguard army. All endless spells are half points for this event.

I want to do something narratively appropriate so I'm looking at building a Sacrosanct-only list, built around Stormsire's Cursebreakers. I am thinking (rough composition only):

Lord Arcanum (On foot or Gryph-Charger)

Stormsire's Cursebreakers

2x Sequitors

1x Evocators

Some combination of Endless spells

But I have NO Idea if this will be effective, or what spells could be a good synergy. I have not played a LOT of AoS but I have been collecting for a while and this is a good tournament goal for a painted army.

Any suggestions or ideas for making this list cooler is very much appreciated!

15 hours ago, Addryc said:

Hi All! 

First-time poster but I have been following this thread for a while - y'all provide so much insight and knowledge sharing - THANK YOU!

So I have what I hope is an interesting list challenge for y'all - there is a themed event for Forbidden Power at the Warhammer Citadel Weekender, titled 'Magic without end' - the general details are below:

I want to do something narratively appropriate so I'm looking at building a Sacrosanct-only list, built around Stormsire's Cursebreakers. I am thinking (rough composition only):

But I have NO Idea if this will be effective, or what spells could be a good synergy. I have not played a LOT of AoS but I have been collecting for a while and this is a good tournament goal for a painted army.

Any suggestions or ideas for making this list cooler is very much appreciated!

If you really want to bring the endless spell, you can try the SCE comet, use one wizard to cast it 30" out of any enemy wizard. In the following hero phase, use the nearby wizard, which is arcanum probaly,  to dispell it and then use the other wizard which is 30" out of any enemy wizard to cast it again. This is the most effective way to use it from what I know. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, PJetski said:

Yes, the following turn, assuming you have enough wizards/spells. Dispel happens at the start of the hero phase.

There's nothing to stop you unbinding and recasting comet (or any other endless spell) in the same turn

2 hours ago, frostfire said:

So, no one brings Lord-Veritant these days?  What is his drawback comparing to Lord-Relictor?

Whille both are worth it point-wise I guess the reason is that many people have relictors from starter set and why buy veritant if relictor works, right?

Edited by XReN

On 4/21/2019 at 10:08 PM, peasant said:

Thanks, so if I get hit with rend i cant heal?

Just to note you can only heal wounds you already have with Castellant buff. Know that probably sounds obvious but there’s people before played it like it discounts wounds after they’re caused.

So the heal is  great on things with lots of wounds like a Stardrake or heroes etc but a bit of a gimmick on big units. But obviously the +1 save itself is great on anything.

• Thanks 1