AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, nine7six said:

Anyone got a good list that doens't use the new stuff except an incantor or 2?

I have so many warrior chamber models but none of the new stuff except incantors and struggling to write a list. Anything i can come up with is also heavy drop wise as the battlion suck....

trying to stay tempest lords as i've painted them that way since beginning of AoS and used upgrade sprues.

The Skyborne slayer battalion seems interresting and it s all older units

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nine7six said:

Anyone got a good list that doens't use the new stuff except an incantor or 2?

I have so many warrior chamber models but none of the new stuff except incantors and struggling to write a list. Anything i can come up with is also heavy drop wise as the battlion suck....

trying to stay tempest lords as i've painted them that way since beginning of AoS and used upgrade sprues.

Building a Warrior Brotherhood or Skyborne Slayers list is probably the best way to use Warrior Chamber units.

There are no painting rules, so feel free to use a different stormhost.

Edited by PJetski

I did face a hailstorm battery in a tournament once, and provided that it doesn't get assaulted or attacked and removed off the table quickly, it can deliver a very powerful "punch" when dropping from the scions. The problem is that it isn't a gaurantee unless you take at least 6 castigators, and you're basically paying 140 +100+160+130 for a unit that would do about the same damage if you just dropped 4 ballistas from the sky instead (actually, I'm pretty sure the 4 ballistas would do more). You might save a few drops from your deployment, and you might even get some good use out of an artefact. But the stormcast artefacts in general are pretty underwhelming, and I think it's "iffy" as to whether the juice is worth the squeeze....

Edited by Mark Williams

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Why are the Warrior chamber heroes worse than the wizard heroes in melee? This has been bothering me for a while.

Ironically, even though we just got a new battletome, it's out of date. Nothing is balanced or makes sense across units when you compare them to each other. The new stuff, in general, is quite a bit better than the old stuff.

Hello,

I am fairly new to AoS in general, so I am gathering as much info as I can, so if you could please give some advice on those 2 topic:

1) On the upcoming tournament we play mission First Blood, 1250 pts limit, so objective grabing is not a problem - which one of these lists you find better? I am not planning any big spendings, so I would like to roll with things I have ( I have Relictor, Incantor, Veritant, Astreia, Raptors + birds, Castigators ..ehm). Or alternatively, what is one unit which I don´t have that would make my list better? (Kinda expect Gavriel, but let´s see :D) . Reasoning behing the list with hunters was that if there is something far away, they could hop out and be annoying.

2) Also, IF the mission was objective based, lets just say Starfall, how should I approach the "low count, kinda not that fast units" problem? Adding something like Skinks?

Thanks to everyone!

SCE1.jpg

SCE2.jpg

18 hours ago, PJetski said:

Why are the Warrior chamber heroes worse than the wizard heroes in melee? This has been bothering me for a while.

Agreed!!  This new battletome is so frustrating.   I read the DoK one and wow it's awesome, everything is useful and battalions are useful  then compare that to ours...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smejky said:

Hello,

I am fairly new to AoS in general, so I am gathering as much info as I can, so if you could please give some advice on those 2 topic:

1) On the upcoming tournament we play mission First Blood, 1250 pts limit, so objective grabing is not a problem - which one of these lists you find better? I am not planning any big spendings, so I would like to roll with things I have ( I have Relictor, Incantor, Veritant, Astreia, Raptors + birds, Castigators ..ehm). Or alternatively, what is one unit which I don´t have that would make my list better? (Kinda expect Gavriel, but let´s see :D) . Reasoning behing the list with hunters was that if there is something far away, they could hop out and be annoying.

2) Also, IF the mission was objective based, lets just say Starfall, how should I approach the "low count, kinda not that fast units" problem? Adding something like Skinks?

Thanks to everyone!

SCE1.jpg

SCE2.jpg

3 ballista is better than 2 ballista with ordinator, but since you are in 1000 point games, I just recommend you remove the ordinator and replace it with relictor(with translocation prayer if player grabbing objective)  instead.

I'm currently doing a conversion project and I'm trying to build to a 2k point list with models that I want to convert up but also want to have some fun games with that I won't get smashed off the board. The list is this:

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph Charger

Lord Exorcist

Knight-Incantor

Knight Incantor

Celestant Prime

3x 5 Sequitors

2x5 Evocators

Grand Convocation Battalion

Endless spells:

Dias arcanum

Quicksilver Swords

Geminids

I know the Lord-Exorcist is pretty universally despised but he works with the conversion. The 4 models that absolutely work for the theme of the conversion are the Celestant, Exorcist, Incantor and Arcanum.  I'm not looking to make this the best tourney rocking list but I do wanna have fun when I put it on the table. Also, I will probably be expanding the conversion out as I go but I wanted a 2k list to build for first.

Have a blast with Drakesworn templar + 4 fulminators + Azyros today! 1 place at local TO.

List:
llegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
- General
- Storm Lance
- Trait: We Cannot Fail
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Knight-Azyros (100)
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (400)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
4 x Fulminators (480)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

• LOVE IT! 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, Mark Williams said:

See attached image. Without understanding exactly how it functions, I imagine someone might do very poorly with them. The entire army is essentially a guard for the general and raptors. Half the units that started off the table were placed around them after they relocated, so basically were replacement chaff designed ti try to bait you into getting gummed up in useless fights. A very clever list imo. 

81526429-8A11-4487-A11F-FF7B38409C52.jpeg

That's the craziest damn list I've seen in a while. Shaun is a madman.

How well do you think Aetherwings do as screens in general? 

45 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

That's the craziest damn list I've seen in a while. Shaun is a madman.

How well do you think Aetherwings do as screens in general? 

They are amazing against elite armies, and speed bumps for horde type armies.

If your opponent is counting on sneaking a unit into the back field and doing a sneak attack, they can completely unravel those plans. But if you’re facing some “tide” type army that just sort of washes over you, they are almost non existent.

I consider them to be subtle units, to use with subtle tactics.

In general I’m not sure how I feel about the list I brought to masters. It’s a good list but it still doesn’t seem to address the core problems I’ve been having.

I’m still thinking about it.

• Like 1

Question peeps, 

I'm building some stormcast for small games and skirmish. So I'm going to convert the bad-ass female Sequitor to a foot mounted hero. But I haven't played them yet. So I have no idea which hero? Castelant? Celestand? Knight Questor maybe?

So what would you advice as a cool hero for skirmish? Or maybe even conversion tips.

4 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

They are amazing against elite armies, and speed bumps for horde type armies.

If your opponent is counting on sneaking a unit into the back field and doing a sneak attack, they can completely unravel those plans. But if you’re facing some “tide” type army that just sort of washes over you, they are almost non existent.

I consider them to be subtle units, to use with subtle tactics.

In general I’m not sure how I feel about the list I brought to masters. It’s a good list but it still doesn’t seem to address the core problems I’ve been having.

I’m still thinking about it.

Thanks for the thoughts! Appreciated your non-standard list + excellent write up on the tournament. 

Slowly getting SCE together as a second army. Have been thinking about 2x10 Eternal Guard as screens (not a fan of Skink models). EG seem like a reasonable buy at 70, but Aetherwings are interesting at 20 less + Scions. No Watchful Guardians synergy, though, since theming around Sacrosanct.

8 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

Thanks for the thoughts! Appreciated your non-standard list + excellent write up on the tournament. 

Slowly getting SCE together as a second army. Have been thinking about 2x10 Eternal Guard as screens (not a fan of Skink models). EG seem like a reasonable buy at 70, but Aetherwings are interesting at 20 less + Scions. No Watchful Guardians synergy, though, since theming around Sacrosanct.

Just going for low-model Sacrosanct 2K + allies w/ fave models that could at least pull 3-2 at events.

Presently stuck on Prime (seems inefficient but fave SCE model), Arcanum (on foot or Gryph), Castellant, Azyros, 1x10 Seq, 2x5 Seq, 1x6 or 2x3 Kittycators, and 2x10 Eternal Guard.

Missing: Non-Scions teleport e.g. Vexillor or Relictor, and ranged damage.

Edited by scrubyandwells

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Question peeps, 

I'm building some stormcast for small games and skirmish. So I'm going to convert the bad-ass female Sequitor to a foot mounted hero. But I haven't played them yet. So I have no idea which hero? Castelant? Celestand? Knight Questor maybe?

So what would you advice as a cool hero for skirmish? Or maybe even conversion tips.

I won 1st place at my local GW birthday skirmish event last year with this list:

Lord-Celestant

Lord-Relisctor

Liberator Prime (armed with Grandammer)

Retributor Prime (armed with the Lighning Hammer)

This was made to dish out a lot of mortal wounds, and the two heroes where really hard to kill (they both have 5 wounds and a 3+ save, on top of the healing that the Lord-Relictor can do).

But with the new edition this is really obsolete, so i suggest some variation, something like this would be really strong:

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Relictor (20)
- General
Sequitor Prime (5)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields and Redemption Cache

Sequitor (5)
- Stormsmite Greatmace
Evocator Prime (8)
- 1x Grandstaves
Evocator (8)
- 1x Tempest Blade and Stormstave
Liberator Prime (4)
- Grandhammers

Total: 50 / 50
Wounds: 17

I think that the new units (Sequitors and Evocators) really shine in skirmish, they do a lot of attacks, have the potential to inflict mortal wound and have the resilience of Stormcasts.

If you prefer you could ditch a Sequitor and the Liberator Prime in favour of a Judicator Prime armed with a Shockbolt Bow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

I won 1st place at my local GW birthday skirmish event last year with this list:

Lord-Celestant

Lord-Relisctor

Liberator Prime (armed with Grandammer)

Retributor Prime (armed with the Lighning Hammer)

This was made to dish out a lot of mortal wounds, and the two heroes where really hard to kill (they both have 5 wounds and a 3+ save, on top of the healing that the Lord-Relictor can do).

But with the new edition this is really obsolete, so i suggest some variation, something like this would be really strong:

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Relictor (20)
- General
Sequitor Prime (5)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields and Redemption Cache

Sequitor (5)
- Stormsmite Greatmace
Evocator Prime (8)
- 1x Grandstaves
Evocator (8)
- 1x Tempest Blade and Stormstave
Liberator Prime (4)
- Grandhammers

Total: 50 / 50
Wounds: 17

I think that the new units (Sequitors and Evocators) really shine in skirmish, they do a lot of attacks, have the potential to inflict mortal wound and have the resilience of Stormcasts.

If you prefer you could ditch a Sequitor and the Liberator Prime in favour of a Judicator Prime armed with a Shockbolt Bow.

Oh that sounds really good! Congrats, Creating a Relictor from the model doesn't really spark the imagination just yet. I'l have look through the bit box tonight. But as a list it would be amazingly strong! 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:48 PM, amysrevenge said:

Celestant-Prime is definitely fun to put on the table (I do one in my army too).

Depending on how hefty the conversion is, I might consider dropping one Incantor and adding 5 more Sequitors.

2 Incantors are necessary for the battalion actually

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skasian said:

Why wouldn't you just take Incantor in Skirmish? He is broken if your playing rules as written since his mortal wound output in Skirmish is absurd both spell and flask-wise.

That's why.

It's a game to me, should be fun for me and my opponent. (also if at my spot, any weird rules like that will be adressed before hand, so no worries :D )

• Like 1