2 elites( Evocators and castigators)

1 cavalary (dracoline)

1 beast (gryph hounds)

now:

1 battleline (spearguys 😅)

2 elites (anhilators, praetor)

Cavalarie ( drakes?)

beast( chariot?)

heroes not included. That’s my thinking. So I expect a cavalary unit and That’s it. And some mounted drake hero version of the one that’s in the box. So possibly lord important on drake and anhilators/praetors on drake.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Vanguard:

1 battleline (hunters)

2 elites (longstrikes)

1 cavalary (palladors)

1 beast (aetherwings)

sacrosant:

1 battleline (sequitors)

1 cavalary (dracoline)

1 beast (gryph hounds)

now:

1 battleline (spearguys 😅)

Cavalarie ( drakes?)

beast( chariot?)

heroes not included. That’s my thinking. So I expect a cavalary unit and That’s it. And some mounted drake hero version of the one that’s in the box. So possibly lord important on drake and anhilators/praetors on drake.

It’s great speculation but not quite right. You’re comparing two different elites (Castigators and evocators, annihilators and praetors) with the same kit (vanguard raptors), and forgetting about the ballista 

Also gryphounds came with the Vanguard

Edited by PrimeElectrid

10 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s great speculation but not quite right. You’re comparing two different elites (Castigators and evocators, annihilators and praetors) with the same kit (vanguard raptors), and forgetting about the ballista 

Also gryphounds came with the Vanguard

You’re right but that’s even better:

Vanguard:

1 battleline (hunters)

2 elites (longstrikes, gryph hounds)

1 cavalary (palladors)

beast (aetherwings)

sacrosant:

1 battleline (sequitors)

1 cavalary (dracoline)

1 warmachine( ballista)

now:

1 battleline (spearguys 😅)

Cavalarie ( drakes?)

beast that carry’s warmachine( chariot?)😂

Edited by Erdemo86

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

You’re right but that’s even better:

Vanguard:

1 battleline (hunters)

2 elites (longstrikes, gryph hounds)

1 cavalary (palladors)

beast (aetherwings)

sacrosant:

1 battleline (sequitors)

1 cavalary (dracoline)

1 warmachine( ballista)

now:

1 battleline (spearguys 😅)

Cavalarie ( drakes?)

beast/warmachine( chariot?)

Yup that’s how I see it too!

What do you think guys, gw plans to reimagine sce with this so called reinforcement? Are all older models are about to be squated and irrelevant? I hope not. I think those all new models look amazing and I sure know, how I'm spending money in June, but I really hope we would get some updated warscrolls for older models. I would be really disappointed if gw wouldn't do anything with other chambers. It's been some time since my poor paladins and liberators got some love.

41 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

What do you think guys, gw plans to reimagine sce with this so called reinforcement? Are all older models are about to be squated and irrelevant? I hope not. I think those all new models look amazing and I sure know, how I'm spending money in June, but I really hope we would get some updated warscrolls for older models. I would be really disappointed if gw wouldn't do anything with other chambers. It's been some time since my poor paladins and liberators got some love.

I think eventually, the old models are going to be phased out, but I don't believe it will happen this edition. They'll probably start phasing them out when the 4th edition drops, 3+ years from now.

59 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

Someone scouted the Annihilators Warscroll and it looked like 3 Attacks 3+/3+/-1/2 which is basically Retributors with +1 attack. 

With a 2+ Save. 

Thats bar any special rules they will undeniably have. 

They either need to make Annihilators very points heavy and/or other Paladins cheapter otherwise or increase the other Paladins output by a lot. 

Imo Retributors need like 4 Attacks base with their current warscroll to be viable for 190 per 5. 

Decimators should have like their 2“ ability but with 2 Damage, minimum 2 attacks. 

Protectors 5 Attacks base, maybe rend 2.

But to be honest, as it stands now, they are outdated by Evocators so hard its not even funny. 

Paladins were: 

Retributors - the generalists

Decimators - anti horde

Protectors - anti shooting / monster

and Evocators - better against everything and wizards for like 30 points. 

Make Paladins great again!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Borsuk said:

I doubt any stormcast model will be "squatted". But new and less clunky Judicator and Liberators kits, sure. They don't need the rework space marines needed because the units were made when special weapons could be bought in blisters, so the new kit could have coherent weapons options accros the squad without wasting space on the sprues (like you need 3 box of a plastic devastator kit to have the same weapon on all but hellblasters and eradicators are simply all plasma and melta).

What I wish is them making a stormhost with its own options. The obvious variety of what you can do is the fun part of space marines. I never really feel like Stormhosts can be "you guys" (the best they ever did was the Anvils of Heldenhammer WD piece).

1 hour ago, Borsuk said:

I know new stuff can make people feel uneasy, but again, the way that they talked about the new SCE kits seem explicitly about reinforcing (updating) existing Stormcast armies. If Judicators were being squatted why make a Knight-Judicator that buffs them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phasteon said:

Someone scouted the Annihilators Warscroll and it looked like 3 Attacks 3+/3+/-1/2 which is basically Retributors with +1 attack. 

With a 2+ Save. 

Thats bar any special rules they will undeniably have. 

They either need to make Annihilators very points heavy and/or other Paladins cheapter otherwise or increase the other Paladins output by a lot. 

Imo Retributors need like 4 Attacks base with their current warscroll to be viable for 190 per 5. 

Decimators should have like their 2“ ability but with 2 Damage, minimum 2 attacks. 

Protectors 5 Attacks base, maybe rend 2.

But to be honest, as it stands now, they are outdated by Evocators so hard its not even funny. 

Paladins were: 

Retributors - the generalists

Decimators - anti horde

Protectors - anti shooting / monster

and Evocators - better against everything and wizards for like 30 points. 

Make Paladins great again!

This is precisely what I have been thinking about. Annihilators looks just like straight up better retributors. Tbh I think msu for annihilators will be 5. In older starter boxes we also get only 3 of retributors and evocators. I really hope we will get some updated warscrolls, because it is hard for me to imagine what point drop would make me to take retributors over annihilators.

I think (hope?), that some of the older models will get to save update (such as paladins) because in 2ed there was no such thing as 2+ save, and atm we already have Kragnos and annihilators. Maybe with 3ed. Sce will be at last armoured demigods they supposed to be? I'd love if every paladin would have finally its niche (just like they were intended to): annihilators to be the tanky ones, decimators - hordy ones, protectors for monster hunting and retributors versatile ones. Gw, please don't let us down.

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

Personally I'm far more excited to see old warscrolls rewritten than new stuff.

Particularly the Tauralon, I really, really want him to be not total ******.

I'm looking forward to the new stuff, but I agree that I'm mostly interested in seeing the original Stormcast get reworked, and very much hoping that they are redeemed from their current lackluster quality.

• Like 5

I really hope that vindictors will be good, because a good battleline is what stormcast needs...

hoping for something like

3A 3+ 3+ rend-1 dmg 1 and 3+ save with range 2 and some nice ability’s 

anhilator profile looks good if they get a nice ability, in the stream they said, That they dish out a lot of mortal wounds after charge.

+some global mortal wound save inside allegiance would be nice and make them feel more like that armoured immortals, something like 5+ against mortal wounds in a 12 inch bubble from a hero.

Edited by Erdemo86

I was just comparing to 2nd edition. I think we can expect to see multipart kits for all the infantry units, 1 more new hero, 1 cavalry kit and maybe a new centrepiece model, though Yndrasta kind of fills that role. 

Another thing I noticed is that if you swapped the Kruleboyz for another set of Stormcast and added the two extra kits you would have a 2,000 point army with a few spare hero kits and the rulebook for well under  £200. That's really not bad especially by gw standards. 

I picked up Soul Wars a little back, more aiming at the Nighthaunt side but have the Stormcast side still as well. I'm planning on picking up some Evocators so I can field a legal unit, but is there anything else I should look at in the near future to build out what I have with Soul Wars a little?

I know 3.0 is coming and that with Stormcast in the core box we might be looking at a Stormcast battletome soon which might potentially revamp things, but any suggestions at present?