AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Hypes

• all of these models are incredible, even after the quality of Soul Wars, Gw really kicking it up to 11
  • Sensible unit sizes! Vindictors in 5/10, elites in 3s
  • Storm cast get unit command options finally. It is infuriating to see everyone and their mum get a banner or musician that buffs charging in some way while SCE get stuck at 9” out of Scions unless Gavriel shows up

Concerns:

• its another box of full of nothing but infantry. At least Soul Wars had a gryph charger and a war machine. Aesthetically, would it kill GW to give SCE some unit variation in these boxes? SCE already play mostly infantry give us some decent cavalry or monsters in the box. Indomitus had bikes!
  • More redundant elite infantry 🙄
  • The chariot looks great but I fear that it has Bin guy written all over it
  • Im very confused about the relationship between a lord arcanum, knight arcanum, and knight incantor. What niche is this hero meant to fill?
  • MORE MW SHOOTING FFS
Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1

Do you think there will coming more models after chariot and judicator? There was a rumor with sce riding dragons? Also Kragnos has a rule that makes him better against Drakes! Do we have Drakes? I don’t think so

i Hope That the judicator Hero will buff judicators and make them good!

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

• Im very confused about the relationship between a lord arcanum, knight arcanum, and knight incantor. What niche is this hero meant to fill?

This 100 procent. I love the models but im a bit confused about al these new roles and new names. I really wonder about the book right now
  •  
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

This 100 procent. I love the models but im a bit confused about al these new roles and new names. I really wonder about the book right now
  •  

If they want to fit all existing stormcast warscrolls into one battletome + the new ones, how thick will this book be? 😂

• Like 1

Feel like we’ve been short changed compared to Indomitus.

Indomitus Marines: 10 rank and file, Dominion: 10 rank and file

IM: 3 shield and sword elites, Dominion: 3 hammer and shield elites

IM: 3 ranged elites, Dominion: 3 more melee elites

IM: one banner dude, Dominion: one banner dude

IM: 4 characters, Dominion: 4 characters including Yndrasta

IM: 3 bikes, Dominion: one good boi 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

In the stream you could see the warscrolls of anhillators. 
3 Wounds,2+ save, 3 attacks: 3+ 3+ Rend-1 dmg 2

Maybe someone can read the rules, it’s on 1:12:26 ? 😅😂

9A88101A-EAAB-402E-B376-4D8AA1A41612.png

FE20A34E-C65D-4D02-94DE-E456BA0E46D1.png

I tried but no dice.

You can see part of the Praetor at one point too. Looks to me like m5 or 6, 3w, 3+, bravery 8.

I called the name Lord-Imperetant and the chariots :)

Those warscrolls might be for 2nd edition. The 3rd edition battletome could update everything in the Dominion box - they did that exact thing with the Necrons in Indomitus

It's interesting that we are getting another Knight-Vexillor, a Knight-Judicator when we have Judicators, and a Knight-Arcanum when we have many different Lord-Arcanums... Feels like they are rebooting Stormcast as a whole

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It's interesting that we are getting another Knight-Vexillor, a Knight-Judicator when we have Judicators, and a Knight-Arcanum when we have many different Lord-Arcanums... Feels like they are rebooting Stormcast as a whole

Why? Knight Arcanum could be just a Lord Arcanum neophyte or something like that. Knight-Judicator would leads and buff normal judicators. 

Just now, Nizrah said:

Why? Knight Arcanum could be just a Lord Arcanum neophyte or something like that. Knight-Judicator would leads and buff normal judicators. 

They've never duplicated names across ranks like this, so why start now?

Why make another Vexillor but not another Veritant?

It's just a little weird

The models look really cool and nice but I’m really afraid that they will get some useless rules. 3 wounds on that anhillator means that all old stormcast stuff will remain there wound characteristics. Also Annhilators have of a Kind of bigger armor than regular paladins+shields, so I don’t think we will see any changes on old paladins.

paladins save: 4+
anhilator without shield 3+ (Praetors have new armor and have 3+)
anhilator with shield 2+

I think the new battleline will have 3+ because they also have a new armor.

i also don’t think That old models will get any changes. Without to be toxic or hating, only thinking realistic. They want to sell the new models so why make them not better than the old ones?

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

MORE MW SHOOTING FFS

yeah what kills me is the new orruks got both a crossbow unit and a ballista that sound like they do heavy MW damage..... and the ballista isn't in Dominion but how mobile could our infantry possibly be even with the Vexillor against MW ranged?

I do really love the models but the orruk ranged stuff got me a bit salty with how overloaded MWs are

I really don’t understand how one can be hyped for SCE?

more totally redundant infantry and elite infantry. How many infantry troops do we have now? 40? And look at those warscroll profile.  This is awefull! 

And they clearly said that this whole Box is limited so it will be sold after 2 seconds. 
come on GW! I am so angry that they always get away with this because their fans are so loyal. 

Edited by rosa
  • Confused 2

I don't really see why anyone would angry, upset or how anything is awful.

No-one has seen all of the new rules for SCE yet.
No-one has seen all the new rules in 3rd edition yet.

There's some wicked new models, offering loads of choice and variety how a player, new or old, chooses to build their SCE army. 

It's pretty obvious there's a new battletome coming and of course the rules and warscrolls for some/most existing units are going to get an update. I mean, Broken Realms is just an exercise in test and learn IMHO. 

All Dominion offers is an alt cover, a discount and you have to get the other army as well. Everything will be available separately.

The chariot is boss, I personally don't like the helmeted head of the Lord-Imperant, looks smaller than the unhelmeted version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Great stuff so far! Looking forward to get my hands on some of the minis 😋

Just one detail I can’t stand: Big gryphhounds pulling the chariot?? Really? Like those things are now grown up. What where those gryphs before? Baby gryphhounds?!..so silly. They could have used Dracolines, Gryphchargers, Dracoths instead. Guess a new conversion project is calling 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Milano said:

Great stuff so far! Looking forward to get my hands on some of the minis 😋

Just one detail I can’t stand: Big gryphhounds pulling the chariot?? Really? Like those things are now grown up. What where those gryphs before? Baby gryphhounds?!..so silly. They could have used Dracolines, Gryphchargers, Dracoths instead. Guess a new conversion project is calling 

Are they not Hypogryphs or DemiGryphs?

Edited by edmc78
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Milano said:

But... those are Demigryphs. Literally the oldest of the various original half-gryphs, coming from the old world. Stormcast are too big to ride them, but Freeguild has Demigryph Knights as an elite unit.

I'm very excited about the new units. I'll reserve judgment on the previewed rules, or the potential rules for our existing until I see the new battletome. No point getting all worked up over things that we don't actually know yet.

They said the Knight Arcanum was supposed to have more offensive magic compared to their counterparts. 

Not sure what role the Knight Judicator is meant to play, but the model sure looks good!

The chariot is really great. If I'm honest, I'm surprised by how sleek and minimal it's design is. Going of of the Celistar Ballista, I'd have thought it would be a lot more armored up. It still looks great, and I like that it appears to work well for both ranged and melee combat, but I'm just surprised it isn't tankier.

One detail that caught my attention, it looks like the gryph hound that goes with the new Lord is on a 32mm base. Given the size of the Knight Judicator's base, I couldn't tell if his gryph hounds were or not. Are the goodest boys in the realms gonna be moving to a smaller base size?