AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Hi evryone, 

Need some help with a rule. SCE can be given a strom host key word. If I give say hammers of sigmar as the key word (in order to use gavriel) do I then HAVE to take the abilities and items from that host? Can I take the keyword only?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Fundre said:

Hi evryone, 

Need some help with a rule. SCE can be given a strom host key word. If I give say hammers of sigmar as the key word (in order to use gavriel) do I then HAVE to take the abilities and items from that host? Can I take the keyword only?

Thanks

You have to take the artifact, for the first guy you equip an artifact on. Then you could get an artifact from SCE or mortal realms on another hero.
The abilities you can use then are those from the StormHost you chose.
No you can't just take the keyword.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Thanks!  

Why are the X-Bow judicators coming in so high?  Doesn't look right that one.  

Maybe because of the almost automatic D3 MW ? Against anything 10 troops it's auto.
On a 5 man unit, it's almost auto.

Edited by Maturin

Hi, I might need some help here. I have a 1500p event next week, my first one. And I want to know your thoughts about this list.

Anvils of heldenhammer
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
15 x Liberators (300)
- Warhammers
10 x Evocators (440)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1490 / 1500
Wounds: 98

I dont know if anvils ability is worth with this list, or if i should just go for x9 raptors Anvils one.

1 minute ago, EngraBlackSword said:

Hi, I might need some help here. I have a 1500p event next week, my first one. And I want to know your thoughts about this list.

Anvils of heldenhammer
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
15 x Liberators (300)
- Warhammers
10 x Evocators (440)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1490 / 1500
Wounds: 98

I dont know if anvils ability is worth with this list, or if i should just go for x9 raptors Anvils one.

You don't have the requirements for Battleline. You'd need 3x5 liberators.

Hi guys, what do you think about this list? Idk in which spearhead or mainbody should i put raptors.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Spearhead
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Main Body
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lighntning Blast
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Sequitors (130)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Rearguard
5 x Sequitors (130)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 58

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, jhamslam said:

Anyone have any experience dealing with gloomspite gitz with Anvilstrike? Gonna be facing tons of grots with the fanatics that block LoS in the shooting phase

Lord Aquilor and relictor with translocation works for me everytime, jump around and shoot the characters whilst using meat shields to slow the grots down for a few turns

On 8/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ben said:

Evening all. 

has anyone done a damage output comparison sheet for SCE shooters?  

Interested in comparing them all and also looking at points per damage caused (at a given armour save) 

Both Raptors
Judicators
Castigators
Ballistas
Prosecutors with Javs. 

Thanks in advance! 

Here you go

SC Shooting.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys, here is  a little return of experience o, my game with SKyborne. As I told you ealier I took it to a 1250 points game.
I had Grand Alliance Order as to be able to use an artifact on my assassin.

Since my opponent made a little mistake in his deployment, I decided to keep first turn. From left to right, I put my first 5 libs in front of his two Morchai arghast, second libs in front of his 5 bloodknights, celestant, then 5 man decimators with two starsoul mace in front oh his 2x10 skellies and necro, protectors were behind decim/celestant, judicators were on the left side, near the Morghasts.

I tried to blast the morghasts with the crossbow thinking that "sheer" volume of fire would be enough, but I only did two wounds shooting (And then turn 2 they were pretty useless because I lacked targets due to their short range!). I should have targeted the skellies so the decimators could destroy the necro first turn (I tabled my opponent turn 2 anyway).

I was lucky and got off a charge on the celestant, who sneaked himself between the skellies and bloodknights (said deployment mistake), so the assassin poped right next to the Vampire lord on Zombie Dragon. Assassin did 3 wounds on the Dragon, but LC with the sword of judgement destroyed him. I made 4 D6 rolls due to the artifact and killed the Lord Vampire on zombie dragon.

His morghasts destroyed all libs but the two handed hammer prime, his blood knights killed one lib on the other squad. Decimators killed 9 and 7 skellies and put some MW on the Necro, Protectors killed one blood knight and wounded one. 

His turn, he retreats everybody but the morghast, then charges with his black knight, who just did one wound to one of the paladins. Turn 2 I finishhim off.
I was very lucky with the rolls to be honest, especially on the celestant!

I love the bare minimum list, it's right in the enemy's face! But I think I could need some boost at 1500 points. Thinking about aetherwings as @Roark said, to go capture objectives and about at least a Knight Azyros for rerolls. A vexillor would be nice too, I had to use a CP to reroll a charge, and today I was lucky. I once failed a 9inch charge with 3D6 Prosecutors :D.

So, next time I must face a guy most certainly using :

- Tempest lords (he will probably use the artifact giving him back a CP on 5+=
- Lord Aquilor on GRyph Charger, Lord Ordinator, Knight Incantor

- Two balistas

- 5 man Evocators + 5 man sequitors

- 2x 5man Vanguard Hunters.

Do you think I could take him on with the bare minimum or should I go for a 1500 points game and add some reinforcements ? If I was to take reinforcements, I'm thinking 2x5 aetherwings, Gavriel to SCion him close to units to give them +3" charge distance so auto charge at 5" and a Knight Azyros.
I'm thinking of equipping sword of judgement on the Azyros, so he could charge over screening units and directly get the general on aquilor. Maybe give him the command trait that gives + attack, and he should be fine, between Gavriel charge boost and regular celestant upping the +to hit.

Go crazy with your inputs :)
Cheers guys.

Gavriel only works on Hammers of Sigmar units, so you'd have to switch to SC allegiance and the Hammers Stormhost. I'd rather reserve CP to reroll the charge and live with the minor risk of failing a 5" charge twice.

I also think (from theory :P ) Celestial Vindicators is nuts with skyborne slayers, if you get two CP (which you should with a battalion unless you rerolled a charge) you can utterly bomb a target. Reroll 1s on charges, +1a on the CT plus the warscroll ability of the Lord Celestant is pretty sweet on those Protectors.

2 hours ago, Lucur said:

Gavriel only works on Hammers of Sigmar units, so you'd have to switch to SC allegiance and the Hammers Stormhost. I'd rather reserve CP to reroll the charge and live with the minor risk of failing a 5" charge twice.

YEah, I totally forgot he's HoS :v. Hum risking to fail charges, I'm not sure about that. If I play the Skyborne first turn, I need all my melee units in melee. But if I do so I only have 2 CP. One for Gavriel, one for Celestant ability.

2 hours ago, Lucur said:

I also think (from theory :P ) Celestial Vindicators is nuts with skyborne slayers, if you get two CP (which you should with a battalion unless you rerolled a charge) you can utterly bomb a target. Reroll 1s on charges, +1a on the CT plus the warscroll ability of the Lord Celestant is pretty sweet on those Protectors.

The azyros is here for the rerolls ;). If I take gavriel then I can add 3 to the AZyros charge distance, and with him flying I can throw the sword of judgement right into the enemy general's face. Also, if I activate the LC's ability more than once, I could get the bearer of the sword to do MW against monsters or heroes not on a 6+ but 5 or 4. CP are the limiting factor.
So maybe I should go Tempest lord, in order to have a big CP Pool.

So I won this morning with my slayers. It's a very powerful warscroll, but placement is paramount!
Anyway guys, would you have any suggestions for a duo tournament ? Team of 2 players, 1000 points each. Looks difficult to do something at 1000 points as SCE, except LAGC+ Knight Incantor+ hunters+LO/balista combo.

I'd like to field a battalion, but there's nothing that cheap.