AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Actually, if you have a terrain on the battlefield and DS the ballista and oridinator there, you don't even need to have them protected...The ballista will have a 2+ save and you can put the ordinator inside the ballista circle so no one can get melee with him.

It is worth mentioning that the ballista only gets +2 to saves in cover against shooting.

• Like 1

Cheers guys really appreciate this many replies.

so I’m thinking of starting with 2 ballista on the table with the Ordinator. Then one in the sky along with 10 Seqs and a Castellant. Deep strike those bad boys T2/T3.

still want to use the skinks to screen so.... if I am to do this, does anyone have any preferences on the load out?

Edited by Desolater

14 minutes ago, Desolater said:

Cheers guys really appreciate this many replies.

so I’m thinking of starting with 2 ballista on the table with the Ordinator. Then one in the sky along with 10 Seqs and a Castellant. Deep strike those bad boys T2/T3.

still want to use the skinks to screen so.... if I am to do this, does anyone have any preferences on the load out?

1000 points, 2*10 skinks, 2000 points, 3*10 skinks. I prefer to use skinks to steal objectives instead.

2 minutes ago, Desolater said:

Curious about something: how long would you say roughly it takes you to paint? As a batch let’s say 5 sequitors?

im curious if I’m in the same average painting time?

7-10 sessions. I paint most evenings for 2 hrs or so. So 14-20 hrs? I am slow though and go a but above tabletop. 

I can paint faster and did 30 vulkites in 14 sessions. 

7 minutes ago, Desolater said:

Curious about something: how long would you say roughly it takes you to paint? As a batch let’s say 5 sequitors?

3-4 hours when i just triple basecoat with a wash, when I start messing around with layering and blending it‘s open end because I am bad at it 😂

20190108_173502851_iOS.jpg

Edited by schwabbele
added dude for reference
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Desolater said:

I’m averaging about 4-5 hours per model these days. Baring in mind that’s everything, from plastic on the sprue to completely finished product. In calendar days it’s working out to roughly two weeks per unit. So in a year I can more or less finish about 26 “projects” of various sizes. However larger centrepiece models can take up to three times that long, which is why I’m often reticent to start larger projects. I only tend to paint a huge model maybe once a year.

I’ve attached a sample of the quality of work that I aim for, for reference.

Further to the above, I don’t like cutting corners, and I’ve found that if I try to go much faster, the model just looks worse. If anything, if I wanted a better quality, the solution would be to spend even more time on them.

I think if I could learn to use an airbrush effectively, I might be able to shave an hour or two off the process, sometimes. Especially with larger projects. But I’m not terribly concerned because I actually enjoy painting.

5758FE25-68EA-45CE-8768-396179F2548C.jpeg

FD8578A4-5290-418F-982E-5F60960214EA.jpeg

EE15A199-C7AC-4711-B47B-C2EC3250F879.jpeg

C7E21D54-0473-464A-92D0-6F2F7017F42B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

I’m averaging about 4-5 hours per model these days. Baring in mind that’s everything, from plastic on the sprue to completely finished product. In calendar days it’s working out to roughly two weeks per unit. So in a year I can more or less finish about 26 “projects” of various sizes. However larger centrepiece models can take up to three times that long, which is why I’m often reticent to start larger projects. I only tend to paint a huge model maybe once a year.

I’ve attached a sample of the quality of work that I aim for, for reference.

Further to the above, I don’t like cutting corners, and I’ve found that if I try to go much faster, the model just looks worse. If anything, if I wanted a better quality, the solution would be to spend even more time on them.

I think if I could learn to use an airbrush effectively, I might be able to shave an hour or two off the process, sometimes. Especially with larger projects. But I’m not terribly concerned because I actually enjoy painting.

5758FE25-68EA-45CE-8768-396179F2548C.jpeg

FD8578A4-5290-418F-982E-5F60960214EA.jpeg

EE15A199-C7AC-4711-B47B-C2EC3250F879.jpeg

C7E21D54-0473-464A-92D0-6F2F7017F42B.jpeg

Very Nice Work! 
I am no pro painter I just want to get paint on the model and get it on the table. I haven't really messed with bases yet I can come back for those parts

20190114_210814.jpg

20190114_210820.jpg

20181104_235740.jpg

20181107_233122.jpg

20181230_203105.jpg

20181230_203120.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/14/2019 at 9:03 AM, schwabbele said:

So had a small 4 people "tourney" on the weekend. 3 games.

Took a 10 man Evo bomb with two 20 Sequitor blobs to complete the bullshiet experience.

Went 3  - 0 , nobody had fun not even me.

Played Death ( VLoZD, 4 Morghast , Skeletons ) Ironjawz and Skaven.  IJ and Skaven were test lists but I still think they can't do much against my list. Death game was somewhat funnier because we made a lot of mistakes and forgot stuff :D 

All in all kinda meh and underwhelming, back to list building and theoreycrafting I guess.

Could you post yout list? Im interested in building a SCE army based on lots of sequitors (Iove the models with Anvils of Heldenhammer scheme, like black templars)

@Zeratul

140 points left  for the 3CP to charge with Gavriel. I didn't even care for a spell or an endless spell :D so you can optimize here.

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Command Trait : We Cannot Fail
- Artefact : God-forged Blade
- Mount Trait : Lithe-limbed

Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)

UNITS
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 9 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3 x Stormsmite Greatmaces

10 x Evocators (400)
- 10 x Grandstaves

Playing 1000 point vs Night Haunt tomorrow. Not played them in a while, I think the majority of it is the Soul Wars set.

What should I be watching for and what’s desirable to field against them? I have at least one unit of most options to pick from.

Edited by Nos

7 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Well at this point I'm pretty sure a riot would start if SCE got another 6-8 new models.

Especially the people who have giant piles of liberators!

Especially the people who have giant piles of not yet updated factions or have an backlog of stormcast painting to do ;) 

Hey guys I just noticed something strange in the Sequitors multiplart kit.

There are 4 swords that have a different desing from the ones that you can see on the box, as they seem bigger that the standard ones I tought that maybe they where supposed to be the special version of the swords (just like the greatmaces are the special version of the maces) and they are in the same number as the greatmaces.

Has GW ever aknowledged this? Could this be "fixed" in the next GHB?

7 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

Hey guys I just noticed something strange in the Sequitors multiplart kit.

There are 4 swords that have a different desing from the ones that you can see on the box, as they seem bigger that the standard ones I tought that maybe they where supposed to be the special version of the swords (just like the greatmaces are the special version of the maces) and they are in the same number as the greatmaces.

Has GW ever aknowledged this? Could this be "fixed" in the next GHB?

Are they just the Prime's fancier swords? Are there 2 with male arms and 2 female?