Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Recommended Posts

The app still is not correct on either my iPhone or iPad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samsung user here, all warscrolls have been corrected. AFAIK the points are still wrong but I don't sub to Azyr so I can't check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Niishaw said:

Awesome I'll look at the Heartrenders  and then also see if the Allopex and the Leviadon's shooting will help....I just think a form of range might be advantageous. 

I'd be a little bit careful with this approach.

'He who defends everything defends nothing'

it can be a mistake to try and cover all the bases when you are making an army. For example, some shooting, some durability, a little magic, some melee. Because often you end up doing no particular function very well.

Deepkin shooting really isn't up to scratch, and Allopexes and Leviadons are generally seen as sub-optimal units. 

Again, this is all said with the proviso that you are looking for a hard or competitive list.

If you are just playing with your mates you should 100% just play what looks cool

 

But yeah, Deepkin don't excel at shooting. The Khinerai are basically useless for their actual damage output, I wouldn't expect more than a wound or two per game.

However their ability to deep strike, potentially on turn 3-4 to grab an objective, should not be underestimated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update- app is fixed as far as the Reavers stat lines on apple products. Points are still wrong in Azyr.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost finished my eidolon. Just a few touches and some of the fish things on the base to do

91E5EF53-2B56-49EB-94D3-DA2A12775A5B.jpeg

F306C49C-D6CF-400B-B2FA-6DB43CA4908B.jpeg

E5BD56C3-DF31-49BD-804D-258C0A3221AA.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/6/2018 at 4:38 AM, Caladancid said:

Just a quick update- app is fixed as far as the Reavers stat lines on apple products. Points are still wrong in Azyr.

The allegiances are missing Stormcast. Maybe that will be changed when the new Stormcast battletome becomes available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Idoneth player here! My thralls are ready to take some souls! It's nice to meet all of you!

6HX3BVz.jpg

Edited by shinros
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

what do people think of the Akhelian Corps battalion??  

It's an all or nothing battalion. So you either commit and go balls to the wall in on it or you don't take it. The benefit is pretty useful though, since there really isn't much in the way of re-roll on demand ala 40k in AoS. So taking that re-roll for that crucial attack or armor save can be pretty handy. And the "tax" is fairly low since the Allopex isn't completely useless. Not stellar mind you, but it is a decent support charger and can harass flanks pretty well. If you're already planning to take eels and a turtle you may as well use the battalion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

what do people think of the Akhelian Corps battalion??  

It's pretty good. The main issue is that at 2k you're pretty much taking the battalion and not much else so you really have to commit to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

what do people think of the Akhelian Corps battalion??  

My main problem is I want the Seadolon and this and turtle don't really mix well because of their points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for replies

I'm thinking this as my list. 

 Idoneth Deepkin 
 Fuethan
Akhelian King (240) - General - Command Trait : Born From Agony  - Artefact :  Cloud of Midnight  
Isharann Tidecaster (100) - Artefact :  Coral Ring  - Lore of the Deeps : Tide of Fear
Isharann Tidecaster (100) - Lore of the Deeps : Arcane Corrasion
10 x Namarti Thralls (140)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
Akhelian Leviadon (380)
Akhelian Corps (100)
TOTAL: 1980/2000    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are two composed list I have as potentials to play....any input would be great along with any suggestions towards taking endless spells. 

-- Pitched Battle 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) [2000pts] --

- Leader -

  • Akhelian King [240pts]
  • Isharann Soulscryer [100pts]

- Battalion -

Battalion: Akhelian Corps [920pts]:

  • Akhelian Leviadon
  • Akhelian Allopexes: Akhelian Allopex, Razorshell Harpoon Launcher
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard
  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 3 Morrsarr Guard

Battalion: Namarti Corps [740pts]:

  • Isharann Soulrender
  • Namarti Reavers: 10 Namarti Reavers
  • Namarti Reavers: 10 Namarti Reavers
  • Namarti Thralls: 10 Namarti Thralls
  • Namarti Thralls: 10 Namarti Thralls

Second List

--[Pitched Battle 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) [1960pts] --

- Leader -

  • Akhelian King [240pts]: 5. Cloud of Midnight, Bladed Polearm, General - Akhelian, Hunter of Souls
  • Isharann Soulrender [80pts]
  • Isharann Soulrender [80pts]
  • Isharann Soulscryer [100pts]
  • Isharann Tidecaster [100pts]

- Battleline -

  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard [160pts]: 3 Morrsarr Guard
  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard [160pts]: 3 Morrsarr Guard
  • Namarti Thralls [140pts]: 10 Namarti Thralls

- Battalion -

Battalion: Akhelian Corps [900pts]:

  • Akhelian Leviadon
  • Akhelian Allopexes: Akhelian Allopex, Razorshell Harpoon Launcher
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard

 

-Sorcery-

Endless Spells ??

-- Total: [1960pts] --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eila a little trick I was wondering about today :D

Akhelian King with  ethereal amulet from Shysh artefact. 

Now the king can attack every turn with his falchion with 3+ save and not 4+ cause is immune to every modifier :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

what do people think of the Akhelian Corps battalion??  

I like the Nautilar Akhelian Corps as it allows you to take 2 Leviadons :)

One list I was playing around with before the points in the app got messed up was the following:

Enclave: Nautilar

Volturnos (General)

Tidecaster (Coral Ring)

Morrsarr Guard x6

Ishlaen Guard x3

Ishlaen Guard x3

Alloplex x1

Leviadon x2

Endless Spell:  
Malevolent Maelstrom

Battalian:
Akhelian Corps

Before the points got messed up I believe this was exactly 2000 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Reezark_SP said:

I like the Nautilar Akhelian Corps as it allows you to take 2 Leviadons :)

One list I was playing around with before the points in the app got messed up was the following:

Enclave: Nautilar

Volturnos (General)

Tidecaster (Coral Ring)

Morrsarr Guard x6

Ishlaen Guard x3

Ishlaen Guard x3

Alloplex x1

Leviadon x2

Endless Spell:  
Malevolent Maelstrom

Battalian:
Akhelian Corps

Before the points got messed up I believe this was exactly 2000 points.

Points are the same as they were in Deepkin battle tome. There is an errata changing them back. (https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_generals_handbook_errata_en.pdf)

Regarding the army it will struggle in matched play as it does have extremely few models and only 2 heroes (of which only one counts as 20 models in two of the scenarios). But it will look great on the board and looks fun to play! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Niishaw said:

Here are two composed list I have as potentials to play....any input would be great along with any suggestions towards taking endless spells. 

-- Pitched Battle 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) [2000pts] --

- Leader -

  • Akhelian King [240pts]
  • Isharann Soulscryer [100pts]

- Battalion -

Battalion: Akhelian Corps [920pts]:

  • Akhelian Leviadon
  • Akhelian Allopexes: Akhelian Allopex, Razorshell Harpoon Launcher
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard
  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 3 Morrsarr Guard

Battalion: Namarti Corps [740pts]:

  • Isharann Soulrender
  • Namarti Reavers: 10 Namarti Reavers
  • Namarti Reavers: 10 Namarti Reavers
  • Namarti Thralls: 10 Namarti Thralls
  • Namarti Thralls: 10 Namarti Thralls

Second List

--[Pitched Battle 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) [1960pts] --

- Leader -

  • Akhelian King [240pts]: 5. Cloud of Midnight, Bladed Polearm, General - Akhelian, Hunter of Souls
  • Isharann Soulrender [80pts]
  • Isharann Soulrender [80pts]
  • Isharann Soulscryer [100pts]
  • Isharann Tidecaster [100pts]

- Battleline -

  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard [160pts]: 3 Morrsarr Guard
  • Akhelian Morrsarr Guard [160pts]: 3 Morrsarr Guard
  • Namarti Thralls [140pts]: 10 Namarti Thralls

- Battalion -

Battalion: Akhelian Corps [900pts]:

  • Akhelian Leviadon
  • Akhelian Allopexes: Akhelian Allopex, Razorshell Harpoon Launcher
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard
  • Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 3 Ishlaen Guard

 

-Sorcery-

Endless Spells ??

-- Total: [1960pts] --

Do note that the points in the GH are WRONG. There is an errata changing them back to the ones in the book. (https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_generals_handbook_errata_en.pdf)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord-Of-Scotland said:

thanks for replies

I'm thinking this as my list. 

 Idoneth Deepkin 
 Fuethan
Akhelian King (240) - General - Command Trait : Born From Agony  - Artefact :  Cloud of Midnight  
Isharann Tidecaster (100) - Artefact :  Coral Ring  - Lore of the Deeps : Tide of Fear
Isharann Tidecaster (100) - Lore of the Deeps : Arcane Corrasion
10 x Namarti Thralls (140)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
Akhelian Leviadon (380)
Akhelian Corps (100)
TOTAL: 1980/2000    

 

Looks like a fun list, thogh the lack of bodies will make it a hard list to run in matched play ;) Check out the Soulsnare Shackles if you want a good Endless Spell. Limiting your oponents movement only further emphasizes the blitz that is the IDK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pompe said:

Looks like a fun list, thogh the lack of bodies will make it a hard list to run in matched play ;) Check out the Soulsnare Shackles if you want a good Endless Spell. Limiting your oponents movement only further emphasizes the blitz that is the IDK.

it should be good fun to play. yeah I will probably take the shackles as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the consensus about the Leviadon?  (I don't play tournaments)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you roll for rituals again with a different hero if you fail it? Saw someone doing that this weekend and not sure if it was a special ability or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

Can you roll for rituals again with a different hero if you fail it? Saw someone doing that this weekend and not sure if it was a special ability or what.

Nope. Only one ritual per turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a 1500 points 2vs2 next week. My list is:

Aspect of sea. Abysal darkness

King, general. Born from agony

Tidecaster. Preassure of the deep or other.

6 ishlaen

6 morsarr

10 Thralls.

I know ot goes 1520 bit my friend goes 1480 so its ok.

The thing I dont like is the change of Ishlaen. Not ignoring rend and that 3+ on charges made me love him. Now its ok that 6++ save but it would be nice the rend thing, or at least a 5++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoseman said:

 

The thing I dont like is the change of Ishlaen. Not ignoring rend and that 3+ on charges made me love him. Now its ok that 6++ save but it would be nice the rend thing, or at least a 5++

Update your app. These changes have been reverted a week :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

The thing I dont like is the change of Ishlaen. Not ignoring rend and that 3+ on charges made me love him. Now its ok that 6++ save but it would be nice the rend thing, or at least a 5++

It was announced that the points values and the rules in the app are wrong and to stick with the book, so you still get the cool 3+ save on charges are rend immunity :)

Edited by Reezark_SP
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...