AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

BATTLE REPORT: PART TWO

ROUND ONE

Sylvaneth Turn: Slay the Warlord
I decided to try to go big on turn one by denying my opponent his grand strategy and removing an important support piece. It was risky, but I felt I had a decent shot at it.

In the hero phase, I failed to generate a command point, and my opponent selected his finest hour for his general. My Treelord Ancient cast the spiteswarm hive, but was unbound, and my Branchwraith failed to summon any Dryads. The Treelord Ancient summoned two more wyldwoods in the center of the board, and a third next to the objective threatened by the gnashtoof.

In the movement phase, I teleported my Treelord Ancient onto the flanking objective, and positioned my Treelord to charge into the Boltboyz, after which he could pile into the Swampcalla. I teleported my Revenants into the Kruleboyz backfield, and moved my Branchwraith onto the center objective. Finally, I brought my reserves into the center of the board.

In the shooting phase, my Kurnoth Hunters took 4 wounds off the Shaman, my Treelord killed a Bolt Boy, and my Ancient took 5(!) wounds off the Gnashtoof. I failed my charges with my Treelord and my Revenants, which brought me to the end of my turn.

Spoiler

image.png.4b338a1e1d045d6150ce6252018963ba.png

The Board

Kruleboyz Turn: Broken Ranks (Spite Revenants)
My opponent chose to try to wipe out my Spite Revenants, planning to send his Gnashtoof into my formation at the center of the board.

In the hero phase, my opponent healed one wound from his Swampcalla, while I failed again to generate a command point. His shaman failed to cast Boggy Mist.

In the movement phase, the Gutrippaz, Murknob, and the Hobgrotz all ran to advance up the board and claim the uncontested objective, while both Killabosses moved towards the center. In the shooting phase, the Boltboyz attacked my Tree Revenants, and killed two.

My opponent opened the charge phase by sending his Gnashtoof into my spite revenants. I responded by using unleash hell with my Kurnoth Hunters, who dealt six(!) damage, and killed the Gnashtoof on the charge. Feeling pressure, my opponent also charged his Killaboss into my Treelord, looking to deal some damage. My Treelord roared in response, locking the Killaboss out of command abilities.

In the combat phase, my Treelord succeeded on his stomp and went first. He then rolled a six on his impaling talon and dealt four mortal wounds. To add insult to injury, he connected with all three of his sweeping blows, and dealt enough damage to easily remove the Killaboss.

Round One Score: Sylvaneth 3 - 1 Kruleboyz

At the end of round one, things were looking pretty grim for the Kruleboyz. They'd lost their two strongest combat heroes, and I had suffered minimal losses. My opponent won priority, and decided to take the double to try to salvage the situation. (Note: I stopped taking pictures at this point. By the end of this turn, the battle had swung pretty heavily, and it felt a bit unsportsmanlike to me.)

ROUND TWO

Kruleboyz Turn: Bring it Down! (Treelord)
Hoping to turn the tide, my opponent looked to advance into my center formation and deal some casualties.

In the hero phase, we forgot to do our heroic actions (or I can't remember what they were). The shaman buffed the poisoned weapons of the gutrippaz instead of casting a spell. In the movement phase, my opponent advanced towards the center with his Hobgrots and his Gutrippaz, while moving his shaman towards the objective held by the Murknob.

In the shooting phase, the hobgrots killed three spite revenants, and the boltboyz failed to connect on the Treelord. My opponent successfully charged the treelord with his gutrippaz, and sent his hobgrots into the spite revenants and the branchwraith. My Kurnoth Hunters shot at the Hobgrots with unleash hell, but only removed two models.

In the combat phase, my Treelord succeeded on his stomp, and the Hobgrots finished off the spite revenants. The Branchwraith killed one Hobgrot, and my Treelord connected with all four of his sweeping blows, dealing fifteen damage and reducing the gutrippaz to three models, who dealt three damage to the treelord before fleeing in the battleshock phase.

Sylvaneth Turn: Aggressive Expansion
Automatically scoring my battle tactic, I looked to deal as much damage as possible and end the game on this turn, since it had basically become a rout.

On my second turn, I removed the majority of the remaining Kruleboyz. The Murknob died shooting and melee from my Treelord Ancient, who jumped across the board with a spiteswarm-assisted charge.

The swampkalla Shaman died to shooting from my Treelord, and the Kurnoth Hunters were able to shoot away most of the remaining Hobgrots, who ran in the battleshock phase. The tree revenants charged into the boltboyz and killed one, leaving the last remaining boltboy as my opponents only remaining model at the end of the turn, at which point we called the game.

Final Score: Sylvaneth 11 - 2 Kruleboyz

CLOSING THOUGHTS

Obviously, this was a very lopsided game, in which nearly everything went my way. On top of the crucial rolls, my opponent was working with a box set army, rather than a fully fleshed out list, and it didn't feel like he had a full toolbox to work with. Still, I noticed a couple things about the Sylvaneth and about

1. Our mobility is fantastic right now
Being able to split up our trees is so good. I can't rave about it enough. With the initial wyldwood plus silent communion, I was able to set up multiple important teleportation points, and still have trees left over for defensive placement.

I think I will be running a Treelord in most of my lists for a while. With our tree placement at the state it's currently in, getting extra teleports off is super clutch.

2. I think we can get tanky
Sylvaneth have such a wealth of defensive options available to them. We've all talked about how good the Ancient's command ability can be, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. I've talked about it before, but one thing I didn't think about until this game is how easy it is to get cover against shooting from the single wyldwoods through the 'behind terrain' rule. All in all, I think castle-y builds could totally be viable in this edition.

3. The game feels much deeper.
The round-to-round battle tactics are my favorite addition, I think. It's another place where you can make mistakes, and fall behind in a game due to a poor decision rather than bad dice. That's good, in my book.

I think using secondary charges to lock out unleash hell will be something that is very useful in certain situations. We're lucky we've got a unit that'll excel at that (tree revs)

That's all I got! Happy to answer questions if anyone has them. Sorry it wasn't the most competitive game!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pennydude said:

I believe you can due to GHB Faction Terrain rules on pg. 15.  That rule states that if a faction terrain feature cannot be placed, it is not used.  When you place individual woods, they become three individual faction terrain features.  Therefore, the inability to place one tree should not affect the ability to place two other trees legally.

Others here may disagree with me, but following the GHB rules, faction terrain should be 3" away from other terrain and all objectives since those are additional restrictions to setup.  There are no additional restrictions when it comes to woods placement near models, so follow the ability that placed the woods.  In our case, that's more than 1" away from other models.

Agreed! I think this is the correct interpretation of the rule.

56 minutes ago, Grimbok said:

Thanks for the info. The ability to setup just one or two trees is very nice because there are plenty of terrain on my board. Seems like GHB might save us there (and I don’t want to buy and transport all those trees).

Honestly, if you're not bringing plenty of trees to a game, I think you're just hurting yourself. Almost all of our mobility is based around the trees, and it's one of the signature strengths of our army. I know they're a pain in the ass to transport, but the Army is designed around them, to a significant degree.

1 hour ago, Pennydude said:

With the Warsong Revenant being an extremely powerful caster (one of the strongest in the game), that's huge.

That's BOLD! I like it. I look forward to playing with him and seeing if I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Grimbok said:

But it says sylvaneth wizards in keyword bold...still very weird they can’t cast the signature spell. 

Grimbok

Yes I understand your point. The issue is that you only get access to the allegiance abilities, of which that spell falls under, if you take a Sylvaneth army. Therefore, no Verdant Blessing when you have a Living City army.

@Havelocke I’m standing by my statement. How often can you see a 3-cast wizard (Spiritsong Stave) on +7 to cast on turn 3? And then use that to pump out a metric ****** ton of mortal wounds? It’s the only non-unique caster in the game that has full spell lore access.  As long as Throne of Vines doesn’t get FAQd to not stack, Warsong will be a force of nature.

I think something a lot of us are focusing on more with it is being a stationary caster. I have an idea to use it as a more mobile support caster and not the Bug Bomb From Downtown.

Coming in hot with another battle report! A local player has been talking up his Namarti horde list for weeks on end, how good they are, how unbeatable he is with them, you know the drill. And then he beat a newer sylvaneth player and began talkin all sorts of smack about our beloved trees. 

This could not stand. 

And thus, Larry and Friends decided to avenge our fallen comrades and give those pesky thralls a good what for! 

Sylvaneth Army: 

Spoiler

IMG_2559.JPG.7e9ba02edd7e56e0b80c0a691e38df0b.JPG

Harvestboon Glade

Alarielle

Durthu- General, Silent Sickle, Seek New Fruit

Branchwraith- Throne of Vines

5 Tree Revs

5 Tree Revs

5 Spite Revs

3 Kurnoths with Scythes

Treelord 

Treelord 

Deepkin

Morphann

Eidolon of the Storm with Cloak of Midnight

Tidecaller with Arcane Corrosion

FOUR SOULRENDERS including the underworlds warband

Akhelian King w/ item that does d3 mortals once per game

30 Thralls

20 Thralls

10 Reavers

10 Reavers

Allopex with Net Gun

So, I play Deepkin. They were the army that got me into AoS. I've played 40+ games of Deepkin. I know this list is terrible. You probably know this list is terrible. But this guy is super annoying and who knows, maybe I'm a total idiot and he's the greatest general since Eisenhower

Spoiler

He is not

Deployment

Spoiler

deployment.jpg.5e6df2471038ee973fc19ff4bbf75590.jpg

We play the one where there are 3 shifting objectives.

I deploy fairly aggressively since I have absolutely no respect for the survivability of thralls. I know I'm gonna make him go first and move up in order to score any sort of points before the treelords and Larry obliterate his entire army. Only thing that scares me is maybe if the eidolon and a thrall unit get in touch with Alarielle. But that's super low on my concern level.

Turn 1

Spoiler

1445103152_turn1.jpg.13f7a5bf78001a7b724446d0291255a2.jpg

He goes first and declares Kill my Spite Revs for a battle tactic. 

He moves up pretty aggressively but is rightfully wary of my monsters. This results in him only capping the center objective. Reavers are still not good and only kill 3 spite revs through +1 to their save. Otherwise he doesn't really do anything.

My turn is super simple. I make some more trees, kill 4 reavers with Metamorphosis, summon 10 Dryads, miss with Larry's spear, run Durthu and the boys to get my Ferocious advance with extra bonus point, and capture all the objectives.

End of Turn one and it's 7-1 Sylvaneth.

He gets priority for turn 2. 

Spoiler

198241767_Turn2.jpg.f9a014130f80bbd54bdc7346f8a10c09.jpg

He decides that now is the time to advance and get some points. He picks conqueror battle tactic for an easy 2 points and moves up to get those objectives! He throws the King and shark into a treeman, moves the left namarti to sit on the objective, uses the Underworlds warband to screen out the Eidolon, and makes the 10" charge with the 30 man group into my hunters and summoned dryads. I cheekily stand and shoot with Larry to kill the underworlds warband that was irritating me. 

King and Shark fail to kill a Treelord.

Thralls kill 10 dryads and 2 Kurnoth and lose 5 back. He then realizes that Soulrenders have to be wholly within 12" to bring back thralls at the end of battleshock and that by throwing his monstrous unit 16" up the table, he managed to prevent them being healed. This would have made absolutely no difference. 

My turn starts off with Larry killing the rest of the central reaver unit with metamorphosis. I bring a tree rev squad up to steal the objective from the Eidolon because Larry has to go kill some thralls real quick. She misses with her spear, as is tradition.

Larry, Durthu, and unengaged treeman do some charging. 

Durthu whiffs like crazy and only kills 12 thralls. The treeman kills the shark. The king and second treeman keep slap fighting. Larry and the Kurnoth champion kill 20 Thralls. Larry roars so no auto pass battleshock for them and the entire unit is gone. Things are going exactly according to plan.

Score is 14-7 Sylvaneth

He wins priority for turn 3, the Deepkin turn-a-palooza

Turn 3

Spoiler

228604473_turn3.jpg.3dc9978c840a978edb78aa220684bb69.jpg

He decides to kill a Treelord and abandons the right flank, bringing the Eidolon over to smack around my little Durthu grove. I pop finest hour on Durthu in his turn. 

He does kill the Treeman which is neat, but has totally abandoned the center and right flank. And hilariously, when the eidolon charged the treeman, Durthu used stand and shoot to kill the last 8 thralls. 

My turn I just start picking off the soulrenders while scoring max victory points and chucking the other treeman across the table to get the bonus point for savage spearhead. Oh yeah, I use Alarielle's summons because it's fun and idk, maybe he'll try and push back towards the center?

Annnnd then I double turn him and we call it. 

Final Score: 21-10 (although in reality, this was a huge blowout)

The trees were avenged and all is right again with the world. I tried to give him some polite, helpful advice afterwards about maybe taking a Leviadon and fewer soulrenders. Also maybe dropping the King if he's insistent on pushing namarti hordes. But in response I was told that really, what he needed was to use the Aspect of the Sea instead of the Storm because Alarielle's magic is what barely won me the game and that the 8 thralls could have easily killed Durthu in a single activation which means the only reason I won is because Durthu killed those thralls with unleash hell. 

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions.  

Edited by vinnyt
grammar
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

11 minutes ago, Pennydude said:

@vinnyt Great report and thank you for avenging the trees! Quick reminder that Roar does not shut off Inspiring Presence.  Roar only prevents CAs in the following Combat Phase.  The only way Sylvaneth can prevent Inspiring Presence is by running Horrorghast.

oh damn! Thanks for pointing that out!

Thankfully it really wouldn't have made any difference since he was still out of range to resurrect people until after another round of combat which would have easily seen that unit destroyed. 

@vinnyt I enjoyed reading your revenge for the trees battle report.

Are you sure you're playing Unleash Hell CA correct? The ability allows you to shoot at the charging unit, and your report reads to me like you were using it to shoot something that didn't charge. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Edited by ppetford

I see a lot of talk about Wyldwoods still being a Wyldwood after being destroyed by a monster due to it retaining their keywords (which makes perfect sense to me). But looking back at all the new endless spells and faction terrain warscrolls, I don't see any keywords anywhere. Have they just not included keywords for the FAQs, or have they been removed?

Huh. You’re right. That’s interesting. Even if they are removing keywords from terrain/endless spells, I’d still argue it works because it doesn’t remove the name? It is still an Awakend Wildwoods, just one without abilities of its own. 

but that’s a very good catch!!!

Faction terrain doesn't have keywords anymore but are still Awakened Wyldwoods even when smashed.  Smashing terrain only removes the warscroll abilities but doesn't change the fact that a smashed Wyldwood is still a Wyldwood.

I'm more upset that they took away an allegiance ability and didn't give us anything else to compensate.

I go to place a wyldwood, and due to the placement of my wizard, can only place two single piece woods. I think we are all in agreement that because they are counted as single models, it's ok to just place the two.

Later on in the game, I look in my giant box of scenery I cart with me to every game, and I only have 1 single wood piece left. There is plenty of room on the table around my wizard to place three. Is it ok for cast the wood spell, say I'm placing three singles, then say I'm just placing one of those three. ie - if there is space, do I have to place all three woods?

On 7/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, ppetford said:

@vinnyt I enjoyed reading your revenge for the trees battle report.

Are you sure you're playing Unleash Hell CA correct? The ability allows you to shoot at the charging unit, and your report reads to me like you were using it to shoot something that didn't charge. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

that's what I said but then he pointed out that I have to target the closest deepkin unit with the shot (since it was made by a missile weapon) and that the army books overrule the BRB so I said ok. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I played against DoK commanded by my gf, first 3.0 game. I have lost against her playing Sylvaneth like 90% of games during 2.0, so I didn’t expect a great success with the new changes, but OH MY GOD! I don’t know if it was luck but I tabled her and we called the game by turn 3. We played 1k list and no battle tactics to learn step by step all the new stuff. Here is the list:

Sylvaneth:
- Glade: Gnarlroot
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master
LEADERS
Treelord Ancient (295) in Linebreaker
- General
- Command Trait: Nurtured by Magic - Artefact: Chalice of Nectar
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwraith (95) in Linebreaker
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
Drycha Hamadreth (330) in Linebreaker
- Deepwood Spell: Treesong
UNITS
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

10 x Dryads (95)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Spiteswarm Hive (40)
   Gladewyrm (60)

DoK: Ironscale, Bloodwrack shrine, 5 stalkers, 5 bloodsisters, 10 bloodsisters and 5 heartrenders. Hold the line grand strategy.

Battleplan: Tectonic interference: the one with 3 objectives between territories, left middle and right, one of them gives x2 points but changes every round.

Turn 1 VIP objective on left flank

She goes first and captures all the objectives. Left: 5 stalkers, ironscale. Center: 5 blood and shrine. Right 10 blood. She anihilates 10 dryads screening bw and TLA between mid-left flank. Heartrenders tried to snipe bw but without luck. 
I plant 3 trees with TLA, one close to each objective to have full control of the board (the first free one from allegiance was deployed between the mid-left flank). I summoned 10 dryads to replace the lost, spite swarm next to Drycha and tp her to the left flank to destroy the stalkers and take the VIP objective. Dryads charged heartrenders with an amazing 11 and killed them. TLA charged the mid objective and I put him on a strategic choke point so the bloodwrack shrine only could charge him next turn, he fails all his attacks and only killed 1 bloodsister thanks to stomp…

Turn 2 VIP objective left again

Dok goes first and shoot with ironscale, charges TLA with the shrine and attacks with 4 bloodsisters (crazy buffs from many sources involved), but he soaks lots of damage with his CA+All out def (both are from different phases so I think they can be used on the same char). Only 2 wounds remaining, but still alive surprisingly. 
On my turn I heal him at 100% HP with hero ability+regrowth+gnarlroot heal… All the effort put to kill him, completely gone. 10 more dryads from summoning. Drycha and TLA side by side clean the middle. 

Turn 3 VIP objective left again

Double turn for me. Ironscale dead by shooting, then both big guys charge to the 10 bloodsisters on right flank and stomped them. 
No more DoK units on the table, and I have my whole army +10 extra dryads summoned. 

I know we didn’t play optimal lists, the game was casual and kind of a 3.0 tutorial, but one thing is for sure: I haven’t feel like I was playing a solid army since a lot of time. We are an army “jack of all trades” style and now we have a lot of new tools to beef up what we need. Drycha is nuts with Finest hour and all out attack, these are the exact buffs she needed to completely destroy things consistently. TLA finally is the tank he is supposed to be, his CA+all out def makes him unkillable, also you can heal him each hero phase, that’s frustrating for your opponent. His ability to summon 3 small trees is amazing, I didn’t even need to summon any tree with Verdant bless, so I could use those spells for other stuff.

Wyldwood changes are the best buff we could have, 3 small trees from one spell/ability is invaluable. They are just the same as before, but more and smaller, and this gives you a LOT of board control. I found that with the new board size + 8 terrain features it would have been impossible to place one “3 pieces wyldwood”, but you could fit lots of small trees.

I don’t know how tournaments will look like, but we are solid now, we have new toys and tools to play and make what we are best at. Maybe we are not S tier, but we are in a good spot for sure, much much better than before.

I hope you enjoyed my report and thoughts! I was envious reading all your reports and wanted to play and share mine too!

• LOVE IT! 1

What are people's thoughts on Spite Revenants in 3.0? I've always been a fan of them from a lore perspective, but with battalions gone I don't know how well they'll hold up this edition. More to the point, I have 30 spites vs my 10 Tree Revs and want to see if they have a place. My guess is that you could potentially use them to just swarm the board and be annoying because if the opponent wants to throw resources into killing a 70pt unit, then let them. Meanwhile, they still throw 15 attacks and mess with bravery. I just don't know, though.

40 minutes ago, DSB said:

What are people's thoughts on Spite Revenants in 3.0? I've always been a fan of them from a lore perspective, but with battalions gone I don't know how well they'll hold up this edition. More to the point, I have 30 spites vs my 10 Tree Revs and want to see if they have a place. My guess is that you could potentially use them to just swarm the board and be annoying because if the opponent wants to throw resources into killing a 70pt unit, then let them. Meanwhile, they still throw 15 attacks and mess with bravery. I just don't know, though.

I like my unit of 5 but you gotta be careful because they give away the Broken Ranks battle tactic very easily. They don't really kill anything but they can absolutely get in the way. 

So there I was last night, building my first 2k list for 3.0, looking for a second artefact, and what do I see? An artefact that limits vision against the bearer to 12" or less.

Trying it out against my buddy playing Cities, and I know he likes his killy shooting blocks.

Might be a good option for lists that don't require the Acorn, Briarsheath or other such things.

Playing around on Warscroll builder - not sure if it was recently updated, but Drycha can't seem to pick Universal spells anymore. I'm pretty sure she could pick it a few days ago (correct me if I'm wrong)? Might seem to indicate uniques are unable to pick them after all - seeing as my Treelord Ancient appears able to. 

50 minutes ago, Domize said:

Playing around on Warscroll builder - not sure if it was recently updated, but Drycha can't seem to pick Universal spells anymore. I'm pretty sure she could pick it a few days ago (correct me if I'm wrong)? Might seem to indicate uniques are unable to pick them after all - seeing as my Treelord Ancient appears able to. 

It doesn't indicate anything. Tony, the hero who does Warscroll builder, is responsible for it, not GW.

Assume Uniques can't take spell enhancements for now. It isn't clear which is correct, but always better to assume the one that is worse for yourself. That way you get a nice result if it changes to allow them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

It doesn't indicate anything. Tony, the hero who does Warscroll builder, is responsible for it, not GW.

Assume Uniques can't take spell enhancements for now. It isn't clear which is correct, but always better to assume the one that is worse for yourself. That way you get a nice result if it changes to allow them.

Doesn't necessarily indicate anything officially, but if it has been intentionally changed recently, I'm guessing it's for a reason. Back to Regrowth on Drycha for now!

Had some more games with the Sylvaneth and I think they're in a good place right now.  Some thoughts:

1) You can really use the small Awakened Wyldwoods' (AW) mortal wound output offensively.  I said it in my last post, but my current army doesn't mind going first as I have a lot of ranged attacks in it.  Hence, if I go first I can usually easily throw out 6 more small AWs on the first turn (from the chalice of nectar spell on the warsong and the ancient's ability).  Instead of throwing them out all over the board, I've been clustering them near objectives.  I get them as close as I can to each other while keeping the 3" spacing from each other and the 1" from other models.  The idea is to force your opponents unit to get within 1" of several small AW if they want to get to the objective or to your units.  This way you roll multiple dice every charge phase or after every spell to see if they take mortal wounds (plus the ancient's signature spell).  It can make your opponent very wary to go after the objective or your unit and increases the damage output from that part of your army.  Plus it makes the army much less vulnerable to a monster destroying our terrain.  Unless I really need the line of sight blocking or cover, I've resorted to taking the trees in small units now.

2) A unit of 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Greatbows are quickly becoming a fixture of my army and my opponents are REALLY starting to hate them.  The +1 to hit command has made all the difference, especially when backed up by the reroll 1s to hit aura on a nearby Gnarlroot Warsong Revenant (their normal buddy).  Their shooting is a real threat.  Last game they killed 9 of 10 Blood Warriors turn 1, a unit of 10 Marauders turn 2, 3 Wrathmongers turn 3 (and my opponent saved well) and the game was called at the start of turn 4.  They and Drycha has been using Unleash Hell very well to protect themselves and their buddies and overall they've been a real pain for my friends.  Lastly, the Warsong Revenant has been bringing the generic spell levitate since he already knows all the Sylvaneth ones.  It makes them fly until your next command phase which allows them to see through wyldwoods and your large awakened wyldwoods.  I usually don't have too much of a problem getting line of sight with them, but it has stopped my opponent from hiding a good deal.

3) The amount of good shooting and mortal wound output of the army is impressive and coupled with their great armor saves now has really helped.  Plus the army is good in all phases of the game.  They cast well, move well, shoot well and have some good melee.  They're not the best in the phases but are at least adequate and usually better than average.  I really like the well rounded armies as it gives options and allows you to be flexible.  The biggest standouts for me so far have been the Kurnoth Hunters with Greatbows, Treelord Ancient (his command ability is bonkers) and Drycha.  The Ancient and Drycha are already great, but the extra buffs from 3.0 in Unleash Hell, breaking up AW into 3 parts, the ancient's command ability giving out +1 save and radiating out from Hunters and that both are heroes and monsters puts them over the top IMO.

Edited by Emissary
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Just to clarify, uniques can't take *universal* spell enhancements. The faction FAQs explicitly allowed uniques to take allegiance spells. 

I know you probably intended that but just wanted to clarify for any newbies reading since its an often asked question.

6 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Just to clarify, uniques can't take *universal* spell enhancements. The faction FAQs explicitly allowed uniques to take allegiance spells. 

I know you probably intended that but just wanted to clarify for any newbies reading since its an often asked question.

Yup, that part is explicit and clear. Thanks for clarifying