AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

9 hours ago, Myrdin said:

As for the big Shaggy model from Mierce mini... yeah that one is bad*ss as all hell, but the size is waaaay bigger. You would normally put that thing on a 120mm oval minimum, not the 90x50 that Dragon Ogors are based on. The cool factor is high though, gotta give him that! ;) 

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_bry_gwy_mcv_501_000

That shot is him on a 100mm base (same model, just converted), so it should be fine on a 90x50, though the facing might look a bit strange.

6 hours ago, Slo said:

How tall are official dragon ogor models? I'm thinking about converting some using dark elf cold one bodies and crypt horror torsos/heads, just not sure if they would end up big enough!

Here's a shot of mine next to some of my other models. They're pretty big, and definitely worth buying the actual models to be honest. I have never seen either a conversion or third party Dragon Ogre that looks even remotely as good as the actual GW models.

2lHuVc9Or5NHvquzSBuifA-0TnDaODSJaMR4BZJCfrfI5uMNA-8Ftr0dPlAtXES0w1fTqKb_5U-8Yl-JKRO3ijJikcZSo3V9YK6CsTbueDFj8fYlL3GPb0fPTPcYaPLYhUx2_PjmOZBDCujNc_lkcpkHxixrg_j5a-R30I11Sp-AMXZwfShvHNnKGmvA5TQMu_9apzGi-cLcqJpjGFIT5G3eZzeV38Ss7Tbq5vmlF23cXFqV1WSYPNMNSBLqP7nafGZ8j8QSU2tUPLcw8EZeU8-8iJhdBlqa-FbCrahZnuk6nA0kPA765XhArhfHu0n0QQxkVVjzAVM3FwYNLFuT2WfEayFZBs412yegnNVtZ8-kSbI2NAmDbnlKSIqmXx1T0YPn5B9MW5TCncFVmDXRvfOrO7xZoMPMbOsHxtmNxFlehUCl0gimK7c87OOZKaFlkT5tToenpZHkkSMBtq6--cJp2vEhkGNwsvF39EriaRqNBOTObtLvwp0GDlbmUv5yys8wUo0aZIABVTvWCcYxO2-FnVT1FBE4K8fx0RFGxssYnc49KaM7PBqJTeIGxm_HGLkKwjkDZW301PvgvQssVSHQXQe8FOfgKZJx1VoTOX-tXhZZKaAHycO4deCHXPPoxtnJFhxeXg9K-moDM_VkpbpzdpN7JQN4=w1312-h937-no

• Thanks 1

Thanks for ansvering! I was afraid it would be like that (btw, Yellow_sign's image doesnt load for me).

The actual models really do look great and the only reason i haven't bought them yet is that i am converting pretty much every model in the army to make them look more nurgly/gavespawney (ie. Pestigors from plaguebearers and bestigor bits, and ungors from poxwalkers), so the official models dont look quite gnarly enough for my needs.

8 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Here's a shot of mine next to some of my other models. They're pretty big, and definitely worth buying the actual models to be honest. I have never seen either a conversion or third party Dragon Ogre that looks even remotely as good as the actual GW models.

2lHuVc9Or5NHvquzSBuifA-0TnDaODSJaMR4BZJCfrfI5uMNA-8Ftr0dPlAtXES0w1fTqKb_5U-8Yl-JKRO3ijJikcZSo3V9YK6CsTbueDFj8fYlL3GPb0fPTPcYaPLYhUx2_PjmOZBDCujNc_lkcpkHxixrg_j5a-R30I11Sp-AMXZwfShvHNnKGmvA5TQMu_9apzGi-cLcqJpjGFIT5G3eZzeV38Ss7Tbq5vmlF23cXFqV1WSYPNMNSBLqP7nafGZ8j8QSU2tUPLcw8EZeU8-8iJhdBlqa-FbCrahZnuk6nA0kPA765XhArhfHu0n0QQxkVVjzAVM3FwYNLFuT2WfEayFZBs412yegnNVtZ8-kSbI2NAmDbnlKSIqmXx1T0YPn5B9MW5TCncFVmDXRvfOrO7xZoMPMbOsHxtmNxFlehUCl0gimK7c87OOZKaFlkT5tToenpZHkkSMBtq6--cJp2vEhkGNwsvF39EriaRqNBOTObtLvwp0GDlbmUv5yys8wUo0aZIABVTvWCcYxO2-FnVT1FBE4K8fx0RFGxssYnc49KaM7PBqJTeIGxm_HGLkKwjkDZW301PvgvQssVSHQXQe8FOfgKZJx1VoTOX-tXhZZKaAHycO4deCHXPPoxtnJFhxeXg9K-moDM_VkpbpzdpN7JQN4=w1312-h937-no

This didnt load for me

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

I noticed Skin Wolves are on the BoC warscroll builder. Is that a thing now?

They are some of my favourite models and concepts in the game, but unusable MoC until now.

Yeah for some unknown reason they have joined our fellow beastmen on the warscroll builder.

I thought that I must have mist something and was dearly thinking that we finally have some kind of a really hammering unit.

sadly looking at the actual rules I noticed that they are missing the Boc keyword, making them a unit impossible of taking into our army’s.😥

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

So this is apropos of nothing, but was wondering about something.

If Gors had a 1.5 inch reach (or I guess 1.25 inch would work) that let them fight in two ranks, would any other changes be needed? It seems like a lot of units on 32s are struggling these days.

Well theoretically 32mm based infantry can fight using the gaps between each other. Though without a purpose built movement tray you'll have to do it all manually and some people find that too "Gamey/time eating".

Honestly the idea to give everyone an extra 1/4-1/2 inch range would make 32mm bases being the standard a lot easier. (or also use MM ranges, like 35mm range for short, 70mm for long, etc)

32 can fight in pseudo 2 ranks, but not true 2 ranks, Gors just needs a warscroll Rework, i've used them many times and even tho points drop wont make them playable. Everytime i have played with them they have done nothing, literally just a small speed bump. Ungrs in 40's are better at everything, sure they have 1 less save, but they have more wounds (+1 save is 16.7% but 10 more over 40 is 33.3%, so really Ungors has more survivability comparative to points value if taking spears) and they can fight in 2 or 3 ranks depending if you go 2hands or spears, but if you go 2hands they are equal in survivability to gors, but deals way more damage.

Gors should wound on 3+ and an "Unruly" where they any Gor that is in base with another Gor in base with the enemy may attack even if they are out of range" Like they used to be able to back in the day, they had +1 str and always got to attack.

• Like 2

@decker_cky

I have that one as well, all magnetized and ready to be based :)

Yeah that one works nicely for a Shaggoth model.

The bigger one I was talking about is this bad boy.  No way you gonna fit this monster on that base, :D

...Makes me wish we got Kolek SunEater back as a giant Shaggy. This guy from MM would be the perfect substitute for that.
mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_mbs_891_000_01_large.jpg

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, Slo said:

The actual models really do look great and the only reason i haven't bought them yet is that i am converting pretty much every model in the army to make them look more nurgly/gavespawney (ie. Pestigors from plaguebearers and bestigor bits, and ungors from poxwalkers), so the official models dont look quite gnarly enough for my needs.

Maybe chop up some parts from Plague Ogors/Troggoths?

(also on a side note, rockgut troggoths went from 160 to 140. Must be nice....*stares at bullgors*)

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

Maybe chop up some parts from Plague Ogors/Troggoths?

(also on a side note, rockgut troggoths went from 160 to 140. Must be nice....*stares at bullgors*)

Yeah Rockgut Troggoths are also tougher more damaging than Bullgors. No clue why GW didn't drop Bullgor and Dragon Ogre points...

14 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Well I guess I shouldn't miss an opportunity to share my Shaggoth Conversion.

Shaggoth.jpg.d01c4421c883d84932a0740833b8c04e.jpg

Thats a fantastic flavor full conversion ! Completely in line with Beastmen theme of mixing differnt animal parts.

And you did very good job on the paintjob as well. Really nice :) 

Now it makes me wonder what else you have have in stock as far as conversion are concerned ; )

• Like 1

Anyone run a Meeting Engagements game?

We will be playing ah Tournament in September. (it will be fun based and not highly competitive)

I will probably try this out:

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos - Mortal Realm: Aqshy

SPEARHEAD

Doombull (120)

- General

- Command Trait : Rugged Hide

- Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak

3 x Bullgors (160)

- Pairs of Axes

MAIN BODY

Great Bray Shaman (100)

- Lore of the Twisted Wilds : Vicious Stranglethorns

20 x Bestigors (240)

20 x Gors (140)

- Gor-Blades & Beastshields

Cygor (180)

REARGUARD

1 x Tuskgor Chariots (60)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 85

On 7/5/2019 at 8:52 AM, SwampHeart said:

So with the changes to Territory in GHB2019 I'm not sure Desolating is the way to go anymore. I've been playing/practicing with my HoS for upcoming events, has anyone tried out the new scenarios with Desolating at this point? 

What is it about the changes that makes Desolating Beastherd so much less viable?