AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

OK, going to throw this in the Nurgle thread  (the real Nurgle thread this time) now that the FAQs bypassed the "issue."  I believe it's legit now.  

The spell is GUO's Plague Wind, cast through the Spellportal.  Pick a point within 14" of the spellportal.  Sounds fine so far.  Then draw a line  up to (34" or so) back to the caster.   Deal D3 mortals to all units hit (3D3 if using Thrice Befoulment).

I don't know about you guys, but that's nice enough for me to buy a third GUO.

2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf2knurgle.pdf

1 hour ago, grungolah said:

OK, going to throw this in the Nurgle thread  (the real Nurgle thread this time) now that the FAQs bypassed the "issue."  I believe it's legit now.  

The spell is GUO's Plague Wind, cast through the Spellportal.  Pick a point within 14" of the spellportal.  Sounds fine so far.  Then draw a line  up to (34" or so) back to the caster.   Deal D3 mortals to all units hit (3D3 if using Thrice Befoulment).

How's this working? Where do you find this?

How's this working? Where do you find this?

I am the finder, I guess.   I posted this in the main forum in the endless spell discussion a few days ago.  

The portal only affects range and line of sight.  As written, the caster is still the Great Unclean One for everything except range.  In order for it to work any differently, there needs to be something in rules that makes the portal the caster for all aspects of the spell (or at least for drawing a line for THIS spell).  I was waiting to see if that changed in the FAQ.  

Certainly outside of Thrice, it's not going to turn heads.  Thrice is all about that spell, and they wrote that book with 2.0 in mind, so this may all be the master plan.   

Edited by grungolah

16 hours ago, Xasz said:

@Luke1705

I personally don't like the lack of a 3rd wizard.

Every round you pretty much want to cast:

• Plague Squall
  • Blades
  • Fleshy Abundance
  • Regenesis to set the wheel back to 5 or if need be 2

There is no room for Geminids, although there is an argument to be made to cast them over Plague Squall, unless they are already on the board. Either way, there is still no 'optional' or 'open' cast to get rid of an endless spell that already hit the board.

It's probably a play style/preference thing.

Concerning the FAQ... I'm just waiting for it to finally drop, so I can order the rest of my army.

I worked out various variants of the Archaon/Nurgle list...

• with Plaguetouched (for the unlikely event of an 180 on the previous FAQ)
  • with Sorcerer Lord/Balewind/Geminids
  • with Sorcerer Lord/a unit Blightkings instead of endless spells 
  • with Nurgle Sorcerer/a unit of Blightkings/Geminids
  • no Sorcerers/no endless spells/2 units of Blightkings
  • no Sorcerers/a unit of Blightkings/2 full units of Marauders/Geminids (although this on is not really a consideration, as I would hate to buy another 40 dudes which are likely to be discontinued and haven't aged that well model-wise)

So, FAQ please. :D 

I feel you. I’m thinking that what I’ll gravitate towards is this:

Archaon (plague squall, wheel)

Glottkin (blades, fleshy)

Harbinger of decay (witherstave)

Lord of blights

40 marauders

40 marauders

10 plaguebearers

Geminids

It does require me to sacrifice either the wheel or plague squall when I summon the geminids, but I’m really ok with that  to bring on the geminids, even if I can’t stack the debuffs any more. I could sacrifice the geminids for a squad of blight kings, but I’m not really a fan of that. The debuffs are too important.

14 hours ago, grungolah said:

Sweet idea, I really don’t think that’s RAI or even RAW to be honest, once you put a spell through the portal it becomes the origin of the spell surely?

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Sweet idea, I really don’t think that’s RAI or even RAW to be honest, once you put a spell through the portal it becomes the origin of the spell surely?

That's the way I read it. The portal is the origin point of the spell. The caster is where you measure to dispel it.

3 hours ago, Tasman said:

That's the way I read it. The portal is the origin point of the spell. The caster is where you measure to dispel it.

I think we all agree that the concept of "point of origin" would answer this question differently.   It's going to need an errata to get there.  Right now, the caster's base is the GUO's base.

Well, I Just played The following Against darkling covenant. 

1 epidemius

1 poxbringer

1 Lord of b Lights

30 plaguebearers

10 Kings

2x10 Plague Monks

1 Plague Claw

3 nurglings

I Lost! I wanted to try epidemiys and lord of blights with 10 Kings and was totally a Waste! From Now kings in units of 5 and Make them Run Shooting is useless. 

Commit 460 Points for -4/-2 hitting plaguebearers is even worse! So Next Time I Will Go for a Plague cyst!

Edited by peasant

18 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey Guys, i ask for friend. What is the most competitive and strongest 2k nurgle list right now? Maybe with the gameplan.

There are a lot of great tournament winning lists on the best coast pairings app, but there is a lot that is new and changing in new sigmar. I feel like bodies matter quite a bit, and nurgle have a lot to offer in the realm of durability. We are surprisingly offensive as well, and have good force multiplication, but nurgle is (in my opinion) an army that requires a lot of on-the-fly planning and finesse.

If you just want a list, I would refer you to the one I posted earlier on the page :) I don't think it's half bad.

33 minutes ago, Plokoone said:

What went wrong with the Lord of Blights and 30 Plaguebearers? Asking for a friend?

I found 3 problems:

1 is a Lot of points,

2 They dont Kill Anything,

3 When you Lose 10 plagueBearers It ceases to work

Bonus It requires 1cp / turn

Just now, peasant said:

I found 3 problems:

1 is a Lot of points,

2 They dont Kill Anything,

3 When you Lose 10 plagueBearers It ceases to work

Bonus It requires 1cp / turn

#1 is why I take Marauders

#2 is why I take the Glottkin for Blades of putrefaction (and +40 attacks on the marauders)

#3 is why I take 40 marauders

Bonus is why I take Archaon :)

47 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

SO there is no meta nurgle list? Like there are for most other factions?

I think that we have more freedom than most to take different units because our power comes from our allegiance abilities. I've heard people say that the blight cyst is strong, but I've never run it. I've also played exactly 5 games of Sigmar 2.0, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But again, the concept of "meta" is so fluid right now. New edition, 2 FAQ's in the last 2 weeks...it's going to be a while before anything settles down.

2 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

#1 is why I take Marauders

#2 is why I take the Glottkin for Blades of putrefaction (and +40 attacks on the marauders)

#3 is why I take 40 marauders

Bonus is why I take Archaon :)

Yeah, but is so sad because I really like The daemons:(

And marauders are painfully old

Edited by peasant
Complete

8 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

I think that we have more freedom than most to take different units because our power comes from our allegiance abilities. I've heard people say that the blight cyst is strong, but I've never run it. I've also played exactly 5 games of Sigmar 2.0, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But again, the concept of "meta" is so fluid right now. New edition, 2 FAQ's in the last 2 weeks...it's going to be a while before anything settles down.

Nurgle really is spoiled for choices, Mortals are great at turning 40 man Maruader units into nightmare deathball, tar pit, murder machines and deamons can play the objective game second only to Seraphon.   Then there are Archaon shenanigans for days.

The only advice I have is don’t mix the kool’aid.  Mortals or Deamons, and their respective support. 

I guess I have to wait until darkoath bring us new marauder models...

Meanwhile I will explore next this.

LEADERS

Lord of Plagues (140)
Lord of Afflictions (220)

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)

Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)

UNITS

2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

BATTALIONS
Plague Cyst (200)

Warscroll Builder on www.warhammer-community.com

TOTAL: 1500/1500

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 99

Maybe is a little low in wounds/models, isn't it?

15 hours ago, grungolah said:

I think we all agree that the concept of "point of origin" would answer this question differently.   It's going to need an errata to get there.  Right now, the caster's base is the GUO's base.

But why would you bring this interpretation  to a game? I doubt very much it's been left in on purpose, much more likelyto be an oversight. Feels far to gamey when we are already a top tier faction.

13 hours ago, peasant said:

Yeah, but is so sad because I really like The daemons:(

And marauders are painfully old

Just use pox walker models from 40k with some light conversions to remove chem tanks and gun bits. I used skeleton kit shields as well

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

35 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Just use pox walker models from 40k with some light conversions to remove chem tanks and gun bits. I used skeleton kit shields as well

Thx, I Have Some to experiment, Maybe I Can find AN use for My gors and Huge amount of putrid Blghtkings

On 7/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, grungolah said:

Yeah, combine that with geminids, balewind,spellportal and pendulum. And throw everything turn 1. Looks like Mortal Wound massacre. 

You could go for something like this:

GUO (bell and dagger)

GUO (flail)

Rotigus

3x 5 chaos warrior 

1x6 drones

battalion and all endless spells listet above. Oo

rotigus spell, spellportal+plaguewind, geminids, pendulum. A lot of MW‘s. You could even use sumptuese pestilence thru that portal with balewind. 

6 spells every turn.

Edited by Erdemo86