- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 115

warriors with shild of fate getting moved by sayl in the enemy face should be an nice anvil , curseling with 42z unbind and spell steal should be nice , lots of mortal wounds from LoC and Gaunt ....try to summon an Herald asap for more MW and spread out for Horror splitting.

also il just checked sayls warscroll again , with his pet he schould be okayish on holding an back objektiv ( on 4 he pass an wound to his pet , the pet have an 5+mortal wound save , 6 hp and reg 1 wound /per turn)

why i cant give sayl an tzeench spell btw? warscroll builder let me give him an mark though....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

Sayl The Faithless (200)
- Allies

Because Warscrollbuilder is incorrect. You can’t give Sayl a Mark. And allies don’t get the additional spell.

You also are missing Nightmaw. (Who is a required unit when bringing Sayl)

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/fw_warscrolls/aos-monstrous-arcanum.pdf

You're still within your 1 in 4 maximum warscrolls for Allies, so it’s not an issue.

Edited by TheOtherJosh

4 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

je thats why he is now 200 points ...120 for sayl 80 for nightmaw

Actually ... he and Nightmaw aren’t 120/80 anymore in the new Monstrous Arcanum. It’s just 200 for the pair. (Effectively he is 200/0 with the mandatory for both units)

They count as separate units for allies calculation. 

Edited by TheOtherJosh

8 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Bar the gaunt summoner I don't see where your damage is coming from? You might struggle against a lot of high armour saves / re-rollable armour saves (stardrake, fulminator blobs come to mind)

There are mortal wounds from many spells. Could be enough...or not !

1 hour ago, Olmdebil said:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
The Blue Scribes (140)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Lord Of Change (380)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (180)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Sayl The Faithless (200)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 115

warriors with shild of fate getting moved by sayl in the enemy face should be an nice anvil , curseling with 42z unbind and spell steal should be nice , lots of mortal wounds from LoC and Gaunt ....try to summon an Herald asap for more MW and spread out for Horror splitting.

also il just checked sayls warscroll again , with his pet he schould be okayish on holding an back objektiv ( on 4 he pass an wound to his pet , the pet have an 5+mortal wound save , 6 hp and reg 1 wound /per turn)

why i cant give sayl an tzeench spell btw? warscroll builder let me give him an mark though....

This looks like a cool list! I will likely be running something similar the only difference  being replacing the Blue scribes for a Chaos sorcerer lord.  Would like to hear how it does

Long form batrep pasted over from Dakka for your edification. If I shouldn't be doing this let me know, but reports seem pretty well-received in here ;)
------------
My ongoing quest to report all my games of AOS continues into 2.0! If you want to dredge through my GHB16 games with Tizz Daemons you can find them here, but be warned that the great Photobucket collapse ate all the photos.

Anyway, let’s kick things off with my first game of the new edition, a four-way Triumph & Treachery that pretty much boiled down to Chaos vs Order with token bickering between the two pairs. Can’t be helped really. 1000 points for everybody.

DAEMONS OF TZEENTCH

Daemon Prince - Incorporeal Form, Aura of Mutability; Treason
Herald of Tzeentch - Fold Reality
10 Pink Horrors - Arcane Transformation
10 Pink Horrors - Unchecked Mutation
10 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Tzeentch
3 Screamers

KHORNE

Aspiring Deathbringer - [Command Trait]
Bloodsecrator – [Artefact Banner]
10 Blood Warriors
10 Bloodreavers
3 Skull Cannons
+1 CP

SYLVANETH

Treelord Ancient - [Command Trait], Briarsheath; Regrowth
Branchwych - Verdant Blessing
30 Dryads
5 Tree-Revenants
3 Kurnoth Hunters - bows
+1 CP

SERAPHON

Astolith Bearer - [Command Trait], [Artefact]
3 Kroxigors
10 Skinks
Bastiladon
Bastiladon
+1 CP

Illegal Seraphon list, but I think she didn’t catch how many battleline she needed to take when we were all unloading models. She could have easily swapped in the very nice looking Temple Guard she had in her bag for the unpainted Kroxies ;)

zOZfkkD.jpg
Get some! Rebasing in progress. Also those 60mm rounds are brutal on mediocre af Screamers. For those playing at home, my Destiny Dice = 6,6,6,6,4,4,2,2,2. Odd numbers are for suckers.

PUG1PRs.jpg
We played in the realm of Ghur, so there were a couple random monsters - namely Be’lakor and Drycha! They followed the neutral monster rules from that realm (mostly just attaking the nearest models as hard as they could).

GAME ON

Turn 1
zAzVikB.jpg

Monsters kick it off, with Drycha sprinting toward the Sylvaneth and unleashing her hideous shooting bubble. The Branchwych loses a bunch of wounds and lots of Dryads die, earning the monsters a couple points (T&T awards 1 point for every 5 wounds you do in a phase; Drycha did 12!)

7Qzj0VN.jpg

Meanwhile Be’lakor lifts off and heads for the Khorne lines (seen here glowering at the Tizz lines before taking wing).

qfrXody.jpg

The Sylvaneth stream out to meet their former ally, while growing a wyldwood to occupy Tzeentch. Drycha gets magicked and shot for 5 wounds, and the Kurnoth Hunters take aim at some Horrors and drop 7. I burn a DD (2) to avoid battleshock, but he scores on shooting wounds + secret objective (wound a player to left or right).

Ac5Znza.jpg

Tzeentch goes next, managing to Shield the Daemon Prince and zap a Dryad or three. Screamers head towards the Khorne lines as the Horrors fling some fire into the Dryads, but 5+/5+ is a tough ask.

ez0TwiL.jpg

It’s Khorne’s turn to deal with their rampaging monster, and they do so by planting the Bloodsecrator’s icon and sending out the Blood Warriors. We enjoy a brief musical interlude courtesy the Skull Cannons targeting a fresh Horror unit (~4 dead) and then it’s time for fighting:

6ibgNC8.jpg

3 Blood Warriors die for 4 wounds on Be’la. Fair.

Finally, the Seraphon slowly plod out of their corner. Pretty sure they deigned to run (somebody should have told her! But admittedly I didn’t need Bastiladon lasers any closer to my tender blue daemon flesh.)

LEADERBOARD
Sylvaneth
Monsters
Seraphon
Tzeentch
Khorne

Turn 2
iCL8aXB.jpg?1

The monsters start the next turn by getting stuck in! Drycha switches moods, making her shooting a lot less nasty, then slaughters 8 Dryads for 2 wounds back O_O Not to be undone, Be’lakor limbers up, then fails to cast a spell, fumbles his sword and kills 2 Blood Warriors. The legendary Prince is dragged down and hacked apart in return.

cU7SHpP.jpg

Tired of watching from the sidelines, Tzeentch skitters out of the corner next, following a truly pathetic display of casting (Mystic Shield on the DP … and that’s it, all other fail casts or dispelled). The Horrors supply pretty fireworks (and no damage) for the Prince as he bounds into the poor Dryads dealing with Drycha …

7tDrRN9.jpg

… and the Screamers successfully charge into the woods and the waiting Reavers. The Screamers fight first, eating 2 Reavers for 2 wounds in return. Next the Dryads tickle a wound onto the enraptured-buy-incorporeal Prince and kill Drycha. The Prince retaliates by landing 2 wounds with his axe hand and using 2 DD to make that 6 damage total, exploding the unit down to 5.

JDexkuy.jpg

Sylvaneth is up next and looking for vengeance. The Treelord grows another wyldwood into Seraphon lands, but really this turn is about Hunters continue to be legitimately scary. Two target the Prince, bringing him up to 6 wounds, while the third drops 5 Horrors from the last full strength unit … who roll a 1 for battleshock and summon 2 back :D

fPLh92U.jpg

In combat the Dryads scrap another wound onto the Prince (1 left), before the big blue daemon completely fluffs against them :’( Not pictured, the Tree-Revenants appear in the Tizz deployment zone, complicating things.

cSr1L9T.jpg

Khorne goes next, shooting Skull Cannons at some lizards and mulching the Screamers in combat. Woo!

The Seraphon finish the round by plodding towards the Khorne lines, one Bastiladon searing 6 wounds into a Skull Cannon (and scoring for wounding the player to her left or right).

LEADERBOARD
Sylvaneth
Monsters
Seraphon
Tzeentch
Khorne

Turn 3
yOrH3rd.jpg

With the monsters dead Tzeentch jealously clings to the initiative, with the first order of business spending a CP to swap secret objectives (from slay an enemy general to wound the player in the lead for 3 VP). Going a bit on tilt, the Tizz general burns all but one Destiny Die in an effort to get some fakking spells off: the Daemon Prince receives +1 axe attak thanks to Arcane Transformation with a side of Mystic Shield (for his 1 remaining wound), the Tree-Revenants in the Tizz DZ are eradicated with a full power Pink Fire (18 to cast + 6 mortal wounds!), the Dryads are nuked by something and the Prince convinces the Kurnoth champion to slap one of his buddies for 1-2 wounds. In the charge phase the DP tries for a 10+ charge into the Hunters but can’t manage it (and the last DD, a 4, is no help). Tizz scores a lot of points ?

L9sNJYL.jpg

Seraphon go next and laser off two Skull Cannons with Bastiladon power.

zwwqws6.jpg?1

Khorne cashes in some Blood Tithe to get a fresh Skull Cannon, and both gun segways power into the waiting star-lizards, along with some Reavers getting in on the Skinks-n-Krox party. This goes on for a long time with mixed results.

zwwqws6.jpg?1

At last Sylvaneth gets to respond to its own daemonic incursion.  The Kurnoth Hunters teleport to a further wood and lay waste to the Horrors, reducing one unit to a lone musician and the other to standard + musician … until another 1 blinks reality and brings them back to 5 ;)

cw7oXTQ.jpg

As for the Daemon Prince, the Treelord Ancient decides to take care of old Skullflüx himself. He barely manages it but does smash off the Tzeentchian general’s last wound.

LEADERBOARD
Sylvaneth
Tzeentch
Seraphon
Monsters
Khorne

Turn 4
kzoRHG6.jpg

Khorne finally gets to go first, and spends it grinding against Seraphon - he misunderstood the shooting in combat rules and was shooting the skinks up against his Skull Cannons, as opposed to the Bastiladons also within 3”, and also forgot that his Bloodsecrator was powering up his Cannons in combat too, not just the infantry bros. The Aspiring Deathbringer gets involved. Skinks and Krox die, as do Reavers. #khornecaresnot

nHKZy31.jpg

The Sylvaneth turn, with just strong functional units left, is pretty simple. The Treelord Regrows the Kurnoth, the magical energy of which pisses off the wildwood near Tzeentch, causing it to eat the 1 Horror unit and the 3 Horror unit, plus a Horror from the last unit. The Kurnoth split fire between the Blood Warriors and the Tzeentch Herald, killing the Khorne unit and slamming 2 wounds into the Herald. Man these trees are good.

uGqWQzV.jpg

After the Seraphon do bad things to Khorne - everything but the Bloodsecrator and general got beaten down, but only the Astrolith + 1 Bastiladon + 1 Kroxigor is left on the other side - Tzeentch sees what it can do with 1 Herald + 4 Horrors. One crazy Unchecked Mutation later and the Treelord has a staggering 10 wounds on it! The 5+ hit-‘em-again rolls could not be stopped ~8) And then the Herald bailed and hid behind the tower, much to Sylvaneth’s amusement.

LEADERBOARD
Sylvaneth
Seraphon
Tzeentch
Khorne
Monsters

Turn 5
QTRiyjx.jpg

The last three lizards eat the Aspiring Deathbringer, and thanks to scoring her secret objective every turn and doing consistent laser damage, the Seraphon pop to third place. Also she summoned back the Skinks to mess with the Kurnoth, but that won’t matter for long …

Khorne summons in yet another Skull Cannon to keep the Bloodsecrator warm, but its shot misses and he doesn’t have a charge to try for. Dejected, he laments his battletome’s worthlessness.

Shortly after the bloody tears dry up, Sylvaneth hefts its own shiny book of synergies and happy updates and prepares to finish off the Tzeentch in its side. The Kurnoth Hunters teleport to LOS of the Tizz Herald, the Branchwych likewise gets in range of the last of the Horrors and the Treeman powers up, after Regrowing himself 5 wounds. The Kurnoth roll a fistful of 1’s and do a single wound to the Herald :D

JCYOgJs.jpg

With a shake of the head, the Sylvaneth leadership charge in to finish this themselves, dammit. A single Horror is kicked in the head … causing reality to blink a third time and bring the unit back to six ;)

ec7jsNR.jpg

Last turn of the game and it’s down to Tizz to do something meaningful. At this point I have to do a bunch of wounds in any phase to make it a win. Also the Screamers get summoned back because I finally have 10+ fate points! But then magic fluffs, (terrible) shooting fluffs, Screamers charge fluffs, combat fluffs on all sides. Fluff.

LEADERBOARD
Seraphon
Sylvaneth
Tzeentch
Khorne
Monsters

SERAPHON VICTORY!

Apologies for the leaderboard weirdness, there was a ton to keep track of, and half of the board I increasingly didn't pay much attention to! I'll comment more about AOS once I get a solo game in, but hey we're baaaack!

Edited by Boss Salvage
  • Like 2

Quick list commentary though: Screamers seem real bad, not helped by enormous bases (spoiler: mine are likely going on 40mm rounds, as they're currently on 40mm squares). 100 points is definitely their only saving grace. I can see myself running all 9 with a flying hero someday, to get their locus popping, but for now I'm firmly in the Exalted Flamer for fill camp.

Daemon Prince - Incorporeal Form or Nexus of Fate; Treason
Herald of Tzeentch - Aura of Mutability; Unchecked Mutation
10 Pink Horrors - Arcane Transformation
10 Pink Horrors - Tzeentch's Firestorm
10 Pink Horrors - Bolt of Tzeentch
1 Exalted Flamer

Considering not even taking the Flamer and going with Balewind Vortex + 1 CP. The Vortex solves my range and lack of casts problems, at the cost of losing mobility, when frankly I didn't get much moving done. Thinking about popping the DP up there for 3+ save (if wasted combat "prowess"). Will learn more with a couple more normal games under my belt.

EDIT: Also despite playing Treason like in WHFB 8E (i.e. everybody beats up everybody) before rewinding and doing it right, I still kind of like the spell. East to cast and fun to make a champ carve up his unit / heavy weapon trip and dish out mortal wounds to her bros.

Edited by Boss Salvage

1 hour ago, Boss Salvage said:

Screamers seem real bad, not helped by enormous bases (spoiler: mine are likely going on 40mm rounds, as they're currently on 40mm squares).

The “Matched play recommended base size” for those screamers is 60mm... I’m actually a bigger fan (from a general perspective) of a cavalry base (60x35mm) as it fits under their profile better.

Given that you had a Mobile ( flying) Tzeentch Daemon Hero in the DP...  did you consider having them run support/interference for your DP? They meet the requirement to do the 6 to 1 flip.

Edited by TheOtherJosh

Oh I'm very aware of the recommended base size ;) I'm admitting I'll likely down-base and then just use a buffer base to fill out to 60mm when I do run my Screamers. I just really don't like the look of the big bases, on top of finding them hard to play with.

Outside of T&T they would have hung out with the DP, but I wanted to give the Khorne player a token unit to play with, and had hopes of engaging the Skull Cannons. I also assumed the Sylvaneth / Wyldwood would insta-gib them. I've been quiet on TGA about Wyldwoods but wow have I hated them for years now ?

Hi guys,

I'm just getting into AoS and here's what I have planned for a 1,000 point list. I'd appreciate any feedback but I am committed to using  mostly armored Mortal units instead of Tzaangor, Acolytes, and Daemons. At 2,000 I'm thinking of adding a Lord on Daemonic Mount, Curseling, Magister, Sorcerer, and two more units of Warriors.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (180)
- General
- Trait: Incorporeal Form 
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond

Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
3 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Hi guys ! I saw Many players being dissapounted by the lord of change. But i found it awesome with the new command abilities system. 

Keep 100 point in your army and you have a +2 bonus during 2 turns (+1 for others) for all your cast 18inches around, combined with the blue scribe that's awesome

3 minutes ago, Waren said:

Hi guys ! I saw Many players being dissapounted by the lord of change. But i found it awesome with the new command abilities system. 

Keep 100 point in your army and you have a +2 bonus during 2 turns (+1 for others) for all your cast 18inches around, combined with the blue scribe that's awesome

You’re now investing 480 points in your LoC, for two spells and a bonus to cast. In terms of sheer stats, it is wayyyyyyy better to take 3 Curselings for the same price, and acquire 6 spells/dispells.

The LoC’s spells is absolutely awesome, but for that price it’s just not worth it, the gaunt summoner has become a much better option.

• Like 1

I've been away for a bit, so sorry if this has been covered. 

For fate points; does casting a spell that has no effect because there are no targets in range count as a spell cast? 

The app tells me I cannot take daemon princes in a Tzeentch army and that mutaliths must be allies, did I miss something or is the app wrong? 

2 hours ago, DarkBlack said:

I've been away for a bit, so sorry if this has been covered. 

For fate points; does casting a spell that has no effect because there are no targets in range count as a spell cast? 

The app tells me I cannot take daemon princes in a Tzeentch army and that mutaliths must be allies, did I miss something or is the app wrong? 

I‘m not using the App but think that warscroll builder has a specifc entry for a Prince of Tzeentch.

In any case the warscroll Allows you to give it a mark: If anythinh has a mark of tzeentch you can use it. Mutalith is the same, no ally as there is an entry for it with the mark of Tzeentch

Edited by Myzyrael

5 minutes ago, Myzyrael said:

“You receive 1 Fate Point each time a casting roll is successful, and the spell is not unbound.” p. 99 GHB, or the current FAQ. (However you have to have a combination of 10 fate points/ blue/brimstone points to bring in a unit according to the FAQ)

You didn't miss anything. The app is wrong.

We're still dealing with fallout from the Azyr app failures. And the Warscrollbuilder site has issues right now, as there is only one version of the 'Mutalith Vortex Beast' (not two, one with the Tzeentch Keyword and one with the Monsters of Chaos keyword.) The Battlescribe app with the AoS catalog is working.

I Still believe the LoC is pretty good, even with the point increase.  Give him Arch-Sorcerer and put him near the Chromantic Cogs and he is an excellent caster of your 3 best damage spells (Bolt of Tzeentch, Inferal Gateway, Tzeentch's Inferno).  And with the Spell-Portal, and giving him "The Ragged Cloak" artifact from shyish, he will be able to do so safely for a large portion of the game, making his infernal gateway even better.

And from what i can see pink hororrs are pretty damm good now.  Sure they cost 200 pts now, but they give you 340 pts of extra free summoning over the game, outside of being excellent sources of casting your endless spells. Put them near your LoC using his command ability and they have +2 to casts after all.

Edited by ThePie

So just list building for the fun of it. I've been unable to play the new edition so far. I'm hoping zeentch daemons are still a thing seeing as that's the majority of the models I own.

Loc

Guant summoner - probably the general for arcane sacrifice, an additional 9 inch range on endless spells seems super useful.

Blue scribes

5x10 pink horrors

Spell portal, pendulum and geminids.

160 points spare, I'd prefer a daemon caster so that everyone can benefit from the loc command ability. Possibly a Herald on disk for the mobility? The cursling could be more useful though? 

I play against allot of 1 drops. I've never used battalions, I usually get given first turn because of the range limitations on spells.

My first game will probably be against ironjawz - iron fist with all the brutes.

So, how does the hive mind in this thread rate skyfires over enlightened in second edition? Personally, I am considering running enlightened instead of the good old 6/9 skyfires. This is of course due to the new “look out sir”, but also since I find myself really struggling to fit all the stuff I want into my lists ?

6 hours ago, ledha said:

Is there anything that prevent a multidunous horde to create horrors for free for every unit even if it's go higher than its original size ? 

Apparently not. That's why I posted an idea of army list. The main problem (but maybe not so big) is setting up the battalion is very expensive (8 units of horrors + herald + 240 pts)

So ... first game of v2.0

Leaders: Shaman, Magister, Thaumaturge, Herald on Chariot, Gaunt Summoner

Units: Tzaangor, Flamers, Exalted Flamers, Kairic Acolytes, Blue Horrors, Skyfires (3), purple sun, jaws, clockwork.

V.S. Nighthaunt (Lady Olynder, Spirit Torment, nightmare lantern ghost, 2x 20 Chainrasps, 2 units of Spirit Host (3 and 6), Lord Executioner, clockwork

Takeways:

Chainrasps brutalized the Tzaangor. They're absolutely evil.

Tzaangor are still pretty brutal. Acolytes are still pretty unimpressive.

It's nearly impossible to get successful casts due to the prevalence of dispels on both sides of the board. 1st battleround ended up with only 5 Fate points. Second ended with only 6 (and 4 Brimstone Horror Points) ... it was a seriously brutal uphill climb ... 

Lord Executioner's -1 to hit debut is painful. The stacking debuff of another -1 makes daemon melee tzeentch hit less like wet socks, and more like soft breezes. (They're already pretty bad as it is ... )

Screamers are really only useful for their 6 to 1 Locus change for TZ Daemon Heroes ... (They don't hit hard enough, or consistent enough unless they're against monsters.) (Had two on the herald's chariot.)

Flamers/Exalted Flamers were the 'amusing heroes' of the match ... Warpflame is awesome ... and pop back after a unit wipe is doubly amusing.

Lady Olynder is absolutely evil, and her 'bring back a model to every unit in 12" command trait" is awesome for Nighthaunt ... not so hot for me.

• Like 3

So I think the lens of refraciton is going to be a massively popular pick at events (6" bubble, whenever a unit within 6" would take mortal wounds from a spell, they take D3 less) on a base like a Stardrake, it covers a massive amount. Maybe a list that doesn't rely on MW from spells might be needed going forward in the meta.

Something like

Gaunt Summoner - 180
Tzaangor Shaman - 180
Herald of Tzeench - 140
Blue Scribes - 140

Tzaangors (30) - 480
Acolytes - 80
Acolytes - 80

Skyfires (9) - 660

Geminids - 40

Could be worth looking into?

Played 3 games over the weekend with tzeentch. Still crazy strong and summoning gives some great flexibility. 

Won all three against rotigus drone bomb, blight cyst and mixed destruction. 

Every game summoned flamers and heralds. 

Skyfires are expensive but they are still pants on head stupid. 

Spell portals is like giving your wizards all balewinds. 

I could see shooting stormcast giving us problems.