Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

New to AoS & FEC ghoul kit question: All the extra arms and heads are just for variety sake right? Ive never put together a kit that had almost an additional set of them and it's got me a little paranoid that I'm missing something in the details?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Dorn Jr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dorn Jr said:

New to AoS & FEC ghoul kit question: All the extra arms and heads are just for variety sake right? Ive never put together a kit that had almost an additional set of them and it's got me a little paranoid that I'm missing something in the details?

Thanks in advance. 

Yes. Just variety. This kit is back from 7tsh edition of warhammer fantasy and so there is alot of options. Same as skeletons, graveguard... 

It is limited by the amount of legs/torsos but for example set of 10 skeletons have ~22 heads and ~15 torsos in it if I remember correctly.

 

 

One variety is the leading model. That is the only thing you need to pay atention to. One unit can have only one so if you plan on using them with biger numbers in a unit, plan numbers of leaders acordingly.

Edited by ZLee Syn
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fellow emperors and kings, here's my first crack at FEC 2000 as a new player...

 

LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420) - General

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

UNITS

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

BEHEMOTHS

Royal Terrorgheist (300) 

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

This comes out to 1990. Any opinions or thoughts on things I should consider? I figure I want to be pretty aggro so does the Charnel Throne even make sense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im also new to FEC, so I'm probably not the best to give advice. But I think you are right about the Throne. 

Also consider why you are bringing so many Ghouls and not Flayers? 

Take a look at Blisterskin / Deadwatch and see what you think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Esarhaddon said:

Fellow emperors and kings, here's my first crack at FEC 2000 as a new player...

 

LEADERS
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420) - General

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)

Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

UNITS

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

6 x Crypt Flayers (340)

BEHEMOTHS

Royal Terrorgheist (300) 

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

This comes out to 1990. Any opinions or thoughts on things I should consider? I figure I want to be pretty aggro so does the Charnel Throne even make sense? 

Throne is free so you need it.

Terrorgheist heroes need the gruesome bite in order to amortize their points. So you need battalions. 

Also, you have an offensive army, so you need less drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question: does anyone know the rule for returning slain models into combat/daisy chaining them to pull other units in? I have seen people mention an FAQ on this matter but I cannot seem to locate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noob here.  I wanna start FEC but i can’t decide between Morgaunt or Blisterskin.  I feel like both are pretty good but what are people’s thoughts on them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Btimmy said:

Quick question: does anyone know the rule for returning slain models into combat/daisy chaining them to pull other units in? I have seen people mention an FAQ on this matter but I cannot seem to locate it. 

Unfortunately you can not return models within 3 inch of an enemy unit you weren’t already in combat with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, velveetagamerfuel said:

Noob here.  I wanna start FEC but i can’t decide between Morgaunt or Blisterskin.  I feel like both are pretty good but what are people’s thoughts on them?

Blisterkin is more competitive. Haven’t seen a lot of morgaunt lists doing well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Blisterkin is more competitive

Sincerely hoping so.  About to start an Escalation League vs Orruk Warclans and Ogor Mawtribes with a Blisterkin based FEC list.  (I’ve already run Gristelgore and really hoping to expand my FEC opportunity set.  Think challenge will be not reverting to a “Blistergore” style list (i.e. going heavy on the RTs or RZDs).  We’re starting at 1K and growing by 250 pts each round.  Guessing from get go will be facing a Mawkrusha or a Frostlord on Stonehorn so any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1K Point List could be something like:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte 
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 54
 

You got a free 2nd attack each turn, Flayers and Terrorgheist Screams are much harder because of the -2 Bravery. 10 Ghouls as screen for your TG and Flayer. Growing your list with a Archregent and some more Flayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Blisterkin is more competitive. Haven’t seen a lot of morgaunt lists doing well

What would you take to do a ghoul spam list then?  Would it just be like, blisterskin but using a battalion like ghoul patrol or king’s ghouls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, velveetagamerfuel said:

What would you take to do a ghoul spam list then?  Would it just be like, blisterskin but using a battalion like ghoul patrol or king’s ghouls?

So right now my ghoul list are feast day lists
 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte  
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant  
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Crypt Horrors (130)

Units
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Battalions
King's Ghouls (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129
 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

So right now my ghoul list are feast day lists
 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte  
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant  
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Crypt Horrors (130)

Units
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Battalions
King's Ghouls (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129
 

 

 

Cool thanks!  Im guessing the corpse cart is there for +1 to cast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the general consensus on mounted kings in Royal Family?

 

Is it legal to take 3 mounted kings or are you limited to one? Is it a case of RAW vs RAI, considering the FAQ the Charnel Throne received?

 

I'm sure it's been discussed before, however I'm on mobile and searching is hard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

 

What's the general consensus on mounted kings in Royal Family?

 

That it is a sad oversight and taking two extra Kings on foot and 120points is pretty hefty price for only one extra dice during mustering... gotta find slots and points for those courtiers too

(maybe a morgaunt ghoul spam list, but meeeh...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reason I ask is it came up on a Twitter thread with a list containing 3 mounted kings. People saying it's legal as the mounts are subheadings/subtitles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

People saying it's legal as the mounts are subheadings/subtitles?

You can argue the case, but I wouldn’t.

The wording/typing is in line with the „ruler of all he Surveys“ from the charnel throne and they made it pretty clear in the faq that sadly the abhorrent Ghoulking is a walker not a rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a good video that goes over FeC for a new FeC player? Just picked up a full army for next to nothing as a painting project but I also want to play them while I am painting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...