AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

21 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

C) If they get charged, will the opponents unit be within 16" of a slaughterpriest? Just because the reavers rolled a 6 to run doesnt mean you should pelt them forward the full distance. you could totally setup reavers as range finders for bloodboil.

Oooh, I like the way you think! ?

So, i don't know if this is the right place to share...but i changed characters halfway through my escalation league bc i was eager to try out a new model. The admin of the league made we fluff up a reason why the change...so i submitted this. I hope y'all enjoy...

"Dismissed"

Kurgen lifted himself up to his feet. Blood and dirt sprinkled down from his ornate crimson armor as he steadied himself and surveyed the carnage of the recent battle. Never had he been hit with such a force before. He recalled the villain that halted his conquest in its tracks. The spectral tyrant on his decayed throne looked like a frail thing. Indeed the wind had fluttered the robes of the specter and even the throne open which it sat floated in the breeze. But when the strike force of the creatures mace dismounted the Kurgen, hitting with the force of an avalanche and sending him flying. It was almost more than he could believe.

As he scanned the battlefield he saw how complete his defeat had been. Piles of blood covered barbarians covered the plain. Even his elite blood warriors slumped lifeless in a mangled mess of metal and blood. His eyes trailed to tiny rivers of blood rolling through the scorched earth. The blood flowed as if almost instinctively to the reforming silhouette of his juggernaut mount. In moments the beast would be born anew in this realm. A pair of giant beasts gorged on bone and body alike in the distance. Kurgen’s pair of Khorgorath had survived the battle. His lieutenant and banner bearer Jerl busied himself collecting skulls to adorn his massive Khornate standard.

“Your failure outweighs the trophy’s offered this day Kurgen…” a voice like stone being ground echoed in Kurgens still throbbing head. Instinctively the warrior whirled around brandishing his massive bearded axe. Who would be so foolish as to speak to him in such an insolent manner! The figure standing several strides away towered over the warrior by a more than third again his height. The behemoth was clad in intricate red armor and covered in runes dedicated to the blood god. A scowl painted across the face of this figure of menace incarnate, the scarred face covered by a skull shaped helm. Kurgens' senses drew him to the sound of crunching bone as a giant canine shaped daemon chewed on the remnants of his fallen warriors. A heavy brass collar around the beast’s neck was tethered to a thick iron chain that trailed back to the looming warrior’s clenched fist. Kurgen knew at once who was addressing him, it was the Warlord, Khronax the “Realm Tearer”.

“The reason you fail is that your rage blinds you to the call of our lord…” the warlord continued. …"as mighty as you are you are but a speck of his power. Pray that your skull is one day worthy to adorn his throne.” Kurgen gritted his teeth at the insult. His grip tightened around the haft of his axe. His aching muscles tensed in anticipation. Khronax bent to admire a sun bleached skull on the ground, paying his subjugate no heed. “I require you to ready the vanguard for the final assault” the warlord ordered. There was a long silence. The breeze rustled up sand and dirt across the arid landscape that would tear the flesh of normal men. However these two Towers of muscle and armor stood motionless.

The tension was broken Kurgen swung himself atop his fully revived mount with an echoing clang of chain and metal. “Jerl we march for the red dunes to gather the Riders of Ruin” the Kurgen ordered. Khronax snapped in interruption “you will make for the dunes…..alone….” Again and with barely restrained intensity Kurgens muscles tensed. As he gripped his axe his head swam with visions of glory and he parted Khronax’s head from his neck. In that moment he knew he must charge the warlord and through blood claim his right to rule. But his mount arrested these thoughts as it accelerated off in the direction of the red dunes, for it knew better than its master the futility of the conflict. Someday it would aid its master in challenging the warlord…but there was more blood on the horizon.

The sound of heavy march rose like a war-song from across the sun-scorched plains. Khronax’s warriors were rousing for war. These were not the savage barbarians of the blasted plains…these were seasoned veterans of iron and malice. Killers of a countless battlefield’s and scourges of the realms. Khronax’s eyes glowed with a crimson light and his blood pumped with piston driven strength as he prepared to march towards his next hapless victims. Jerl nodded his approval at his new master’s marshal. The Khorgorath pair took in stride to march along the throng of warriors. The thirst of the parched plains would soon be quenched with blood.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

@AngoraDemon

So there I was, watching your battle report, and as soon as I saw that Cabbage charge your Bloodsecrator I just skipped ahead to see how things turned out... only to see it suspiciously absent and your Bloodsecrator still standing. "Wait, WHAT?! Rewind!"

"I thought that was the turning point for you"

"It was!"

"And then it wasn't."

Even if he killed two or three of my heroes, I would have been fine. But it would have been an excellent video I think it would have made it even better. Lol

Went to Blackout last weekend.
94 people (give or take)
5 games, 2000pts (tm) matched play with realm spells, command abilities and effects in play (the later seemed to be cherry picked to be the notsocontroversial ones).
When aos 2 was announced I decided to change to khorne daemons instead of mortals and for the last two months I have been clipping scraping glueing spraying and painting almost non stop

List:
Bloodthirster of unfettered fury (BUF) (immense power & deathdealer)
Bloodsecrator
Murderhost:
Bloodthrone (armour of scorn) (converted to be being pulled by a jugger with the massive gnashing maw bit as the juggers head and gave herald one of the bloodthirster heads crown. Intending this to be crimson crown, but then thought to go with something a bit more survivable)
2 x 30 bloodletters
6 x 5 fleshhounds (converted gryph hounds- scraped off all icons of sigmar, added two khorne tassle'y things, one to each side of their harness and 5 spikes to their collars).

Took 30 extra bloodletters and a herald to summon from.

Chose not to take brazen rune! Reason being id only have the bloodsecrator who could take it. The new battleplans have missions that need a hero with an artifact on them to claim and didnt want to be risking not having a banner planted to move him up the board onto an objective. 
IMG_20180802_2221057.jpg.85f2801d0f9e6c7b25ffa8222456f659.jpg

IMG_20180802_2333452.jpg.665214849ac024b11bdf98660d7cbda8.jpg

G1 shifting objectives
Vs DoK
Morathi, slaughter queen on cauldron, medusa, 2 hag queens, 2x30 witch aelves, 10 sisters of slaughter, 2x5 heartrenders

First time playing with a murderhost- all been theoryhammer up until this point. 
Deployed first. Took first turn. Horrified at how quick you can motor up the board with a murderhost. 2d6, 2d6, move, charge and then pile in.

Hit the wall of witch aelves, bounced off after causing minimal damage letters/hounds got murderised in return but I lay claim to the objectives.
Dok spent a command point on a double pile-in during their turn. Which made a massive dent in my remaining troops. 
T2 Primary objective changed to be in the middle where he now had the majority of his force + morathi.
Then his Heart renders dropped in. The end was nigh.

Result- loss

IMG_20180804_0945169.jpg.40853727223a15ea0ee43c868f005a48.jpg

G2 places of arcane power
Vs moonclan
Cave shaman, 3 shamans, 60 grots, 40 grots, 15 cave squigs, squig gobba, mangler squig, colossal squig, 3 fanatics, some herders

Took first turn, sent flesh hounds forward to make a screen just infront of his battleline but didnt charge. Bloodthirster and blood throne took two objectives. Sent a blob of bloodletters to threaten the third.
Managed to get to the end of t3 still holding objectives. At which point Id wont on points. We played out for kill points, it was fun and bloody.
Afterwards opponent said probably played too cautiously, waiting for a gap to open up to send the collosal squig through. It didnt happen in time.

Result- victory
IMG_20180804_1416004.jpg.7cfd2919e765195ab5bd66a442b02508.jpg

G3 scorched earth
Vs tzeentch
Changling, blue scribes, LoC, shaman on disc, 3x10 pinks, 10 tzaangor, 2x10 blues, 

Most exciting game of scorched earth ive ever played! 
Looked over opponents list then completely forgot about accounting for the changling when I deployed. 
Changling appeared by my left objective after setup. I mentally kick myself as bloodsecrator wasnt going to move, bloodthrone needed to keep up with the advance and the bloodthirster was on the far right flank.

T1 wasted a move sending the bloodthirster back into the middle of the board.
Murderhosted up the board and engaged his lines in the middle and on the right. Killed some blue's, a couple of tzaangor and some pinks. Not enough to take an objective.

In return he zapped stuff with his tzeentchy spells. revealed the changling and summoned some brimstones + used destiny dice to charge into the fleshhounds on my left objective.
[Hindsight- after checking the tzeentch errata i literally have no idea how he got 10 fatepoints to summon. I count max of 8, not including the things I dispelled with the fleshhounds. hey ho]

He couldnt burn it R1 but he went straight for burning it it R2 and promptly rolled 1pt.
The fleshhounds killed the changeling and the brimstones over the next few rounds of combat, so made up some killpoints but the objective was gone.

T2 i claimed his objective on the right. 
He cast the chains spell to stop me advancing to his middle objective. Which i wasnt too bothered about, I was only intending on sitting on his objective and then burning it as late in the game as i could. 

T3/4
He had to run/charge his tzaangor onto his right objective to reclaim from my bloodletters & doggos.
He made a cautious move towards my middle objective with the LoC, scribes and shaman. Armour of scorn on the bloodthrone paid off in dividents as I made some good clutch saves to keep it alive. It sped around his advance, summoned 5 bloodletters who sneakily claimed his middle objective. Burnt it for 1pt.
His shaman charged my middle objective. Bloodsecrator died at some point to a combo of shooting/magic/combat.

My Bloodthirster charged the tzaangor on his right objective. Some good rolling wiped them out. Objective back to being mine.

My T5
Bloodthirster ran as far as possible back towards my right objective, I summoned a herald, who summoned some blood letters. 6 models protecting my last objective.

His turn 5, i was up 3 points.
He moved his shaman on disc 16", summoned another unit of brimstones and used destiny dice to guarantee a charge onto the objective. Ultimately I couldnt kill enough to stop him claiming the objective. He burnt it, rolled a 5, scored 3. Draw on points. He took it on kill points.

Result - minor loss
IMG_20180804_1652257.jpg.92200f4db57a91d3312fd79c762d83d3.jpg

IMG_20180804_1823131.jpg.cbe2964eaa2802eeaf827f8f222f487c.jpg
Bought some of the 32mm cloud style cluster movement trays from the firestorm shop. Enough for 60 models. Joked that if I went past a 24hr tesco on the way to the hotel id buy some glue and rubber bands. As it happens I did, so I did. 100% would recommend these if you have lots of models to push about. So much so, that I bought another 60 on sunday.

G4 total commitment
Vs grand host
Vampire lord, arkhan, vlozd, 2 necromancers, 30 grave guard, 2x5 direwolves, Mortis engine

Took first turn. Hurtled forwards with two blocks of bloodletters one towards each corner objective. 
Left side stayed out of range of the zombie dragon, and outnumbered the direwolves. Fleshhounds followed up to support. 

Two key moments decided the game
- 1 bad movement with bloodletters on the right. Should have gone really wide around to the right and hit dire wolves from flank to avoid grave guard butchering me. I didnt, and to compound it I rolled a 4 to charge. Should have rerolled it, but didnt. Couldnt veer enough to wrap around the dire wolves. Would have probably been better just not charging in and being out of position for his T1 rather than squaring up to the graveguard. After combat, he had killed 27 bloodletters. 
- 2 BUF vs vlozd. Fluffed first combat round with BUF. 7 dice, 4 hits, 3 wound, he saved them all. To be fair he didnt roll particularly well striking back either- I think I 'only' took 8 wounds in total.
Next turn I kicked out 10 damage, but he finished me off.
At the end of my turn 3 it was 15-3 on points and i had a handful of depleted fleshhound units left.
Vlozd took my left objective. Grave guard mowed down the middle of the board. arkhan took my right objective by magicing off a summoned unit of bloodletters.
By the end of his turn 3 it was 15-10 and I had nothing left to challenge him with. 15-17, 15-24..

Result- loss

IMG_20180805_0943556.jpg.5bcbef6be3a177c1970726ce1ee14e89.jpg

IMG_20180805_1055133.jpg.d1a491ee4c16fc5fabae5278daac8d1d.jpg
G5 border war
Vs KO
Admiril, 2xkhemist, 3x10 arkanauts 2x9 endrinriggers, ironclad

Not the zilfin list- something pirate-y with rrs to hit and a couple of use one per game abilities.
T1  had a full unit of bloodletters shot off + a couple of fleshhound units.
In return I moved up, claimed objectives. Bloodthirster charged the ironclad, had to use a command point to reroll the charge. Took a torpedo hit (forgot about that bit) but still rolled like a champ and did 18 wounds. That was the only kill I would get.
Bloodletters on the left failed their charge and werent in range to use a command point for a reroll.
T2 KO endrinriggers charged in and finished the job taking only minor casualties in return. Tabled. 

Result- loss

Probably need to do some homework here. Figure out what the optimum distance to maintain is. Being able to move + have a good chance of a successful charge vs being in range of various weapons to be shot at.

IMG_20180805_1435411.jpg.93502bd279feb667912b30eaf3a86acb.jpg

Self assessment: this weekend I wasnt even adequate :(

In hindsight-

Caught out by not having a bloodsecrator. So use to to having +3 to run/charge on a key unit each turn. Sorely missed. 
Also range of banner only 18. Need to recalibrate ive become a bit complacent with the gorepilgrims bonus range.
Forgot about BuFs stampy ground ability completely.
His lash only caused 1 damage all weekend and didnt manage to drag anything into combat.
BuF nowhere near as versatile as WoK. Missed the run + charge & rr hits vs Heros/monsters. Guaranteed mortals from breath attack, better range on the other shooting attack
+2 to dispel, ill take that too!

Occurred to me that if you go first as an alpha strike the risk of being double turned back has gone down from 50:50 to 40:60 (give or take c2%). 

Overall I felt a lot out of practice and would have liked to have spent more time looking at battleplans than painting and wished id had at least one practice game with the list instead of going in cold.

Thinking about how to go about doublestacking two units of bloodletters so you can counter pile in with a second wave Or with fleshhounds on the edges to pin a unit in place for their turn 1/2.

Summoning: need to take a spare bloodthirster

Revising list to:

Wok bloodthirster (immense power + deathdealer)
Bloodsecrator
Murderhost
Bloodmaster/herald (ulgu: betrayers crown) 
2 x 30 bloodletters
6 x 5 fleshhounds
2000pts exactly

• Like 2

My Reavers are screen / Bloodtithe only. 

Bloodwarriors very much depends on the opponent. Played a DoK last weekend. He had 2x30 WitchAelves, charged 1 group with Bloodletters and 1 with Bloodwarriors and got to  damage both units due to striking after dying. Bloodwarriors need to be 10 to give leader the special weapon and then they tend to take out some stuff pretty good. Depending on opponent they might join Reavers as screen. 

@TheAdequateWargamer

I was in the area last weekend so i popped into firestorm for the first time and had a nose around at the armies. Saw some really cool stuff, i recognise your bloodthirster with the blood base - very distinct, love it! Have yet to do an aos event, but this might be the closest one for me.

I might be mistaken, but did i see a khorne army with a stardrake model in it?

@TheAdequateWargamer great report thanks! ? 

Mainly I wanted to say - YES you may have just opened the door to inexpensive, good looking flesh hounds at long last!

I have a load of gryph hounds that I’ve had no idea what to do with, but Khornifying them is definitely now on my to do list. 

What about the heads? I’ve gone in to bitz research mode now, but haven’t come up with an obvious option as yet.

12 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I had an interesting game today, but I’m also sort of at a pressure point of frustration with the entire hobby. 

So today I kind of got double information, but not quite the information or results I was looking for. The past few weeks have been a string of frustrating games, that I will liken to any competitive video games ranking structure. 

The past 2-3 weeks where I’ve been looking to stress tests some lists have turned into pain points that have me wondering what I’m even doing with my life right now. My opponents are either, to follow up on my promised analogy, either diamond/master rank players that give extremely one sided games where I get absolutely wrecked and basically don’t even get to roll dice because “my lulzy cheese list tables you turn 1” and/or level 1 noobs/bronze players who don’t even know how the game works. 

I would say I’m probably a strong silver to low tier gold, to use idk Starcraft, League of Legends or whatever’s rating system. Every game has either been under 2,000 points, or turned into multiple opponents/team Games, or people cancel, and so forth. 

I’ve spent 1000’s$ on armies already and yet I can’t find any just decent good opponents where I can stress test some lists. 

All of this is a preface for today’s game in which, once again the only person who offered to play me at all is yet another noob who had the unfortunate habit of wanting to be a ****** rules lawyer AND HE HASNT EVEN READ THE RULES. It’s ****** 16 pages my man can you not spare 10-20 minutes to just read every word? 

Constantly calling anything I did even mildly in my favor as, “really dumb” when he murdered some large number of my Bloodreavers and I pulled in a line starting from the left models as they were slain, then his other unit (my unit) of brutes was out of range and thus unable to attack. 

I digress, but it took almost 3 hours for 2 ****** turns at which point i had to go because dude wants to challenge me on every single ****** thing in a game he hasn’t even played yet, mixing first edition rules with 2nd edition because of “some forum I read” and “a battle report I watched”. I asked him how well he understood the rules and how familiar he was with them and he said, “I’m pretty familiar” yet knew almost nothing except the names of the phases... “Can I run and charge in the same turn?” *pushes models up directly next to mine in movement phase* “hey you can’t end your movement within 3” of my models.” “Why not?” “It’s in the rules for movement phase.” “Oh.” 

Like I get ok, you’re new to the hobby and excited but literally don’t argue over trivial ****** when you haven’t even read a basic 16 page rule set which is tiny compared to most board games. Like have you seen a PHB for D&D? Btw I’ve read 3rd edition through 4th page to page cover to cover twice. Don’t @ me with rules. 

Anyway. I’m done raging about lackluster opponents and games: 

Today I tested my SKARBRAND list against my best IJ list which is Bloodtooth Battalion. 

He got first turn and let me tell you, be very, very wary of Ironjawz for they can haul ass. He used his first hero phase to put Frenzy of Violence from both Warchanters onto his two units of 3 Gore-Gruntas, was able to cast Cogs far enough back I couldn’t unbind them, and rolled very well for his Mighty Destroyers and Ironfist roles, pushing his GG’s up exactly 8.01” away from my right line (of 20 Bloodreavers and 5 Skullreapers plus a mighty Lord of Khorne). 

He tentatively moved up his Megaboss on Maw-Krusha and ran ahead quite some distance with his Warchanters, Fungoid Cave Shaman, and 3 sets of 5 brutes + Megaboss on Foot. 

He charged and his Gore-Gruntas easily made it, having used 1 Waaagh! To give 1 unit +1 attack and +1 to hit from Frenzy of Violence. They did an extra D3 damage on their Fanged Hooves and Teeth due to the charge distance with a mighty +4 on the charge (+1 Eager for Battle, +1 Bloodtoofs, +2 Cogs). 

These Gore-Gruntas destroyed my entire right flank wiping a unit of Bloodreavers and injuring my Skullreapers down badly. They ran from battleshock. 

My turn I planted my banner, cast Killing Frenzy on 20 Bloodreavers, Blood Sacrificed on SKARBRAND and did 3 damage to him, then healed him with Resanguination up to 12. I then used Blood Boil x3 hitting all 3 and knocking off a brute and bringing one down to 1 wound and killing a Gore-Grunta or two. 

He was incandescent from not fighting at all last activation. During my activation last turn I killed maybe 1-2 pigs. This turn I moved my left flank forward to engage the brutes, moved SKARBRAND over to engage the Gore-Gruntas and then rolled for charges. 

I got the charges off but got in an awkward position of getting almost all my Bloodreavers into the fight but consequently only getting maybe 1 Blood Warrior in and entirely unable to get my Skullreapers in. 

Skarbrand had 1 pig left to kill period which was so trivial and disappointing because it had 1 whole wound because my Mighty Lord of Khorne did work before he went out. Like one whole pig of 6 was left after it was all said and done. 

Overall I keep waffling on Bloodreavers. Out of 52 attacks I did 4 whole wounds to brutes with a +1 to hit and -1 rend... And I just wonder why I bring them. It seems like it requires a lot of heroes, buffs and investment to make them ANY good otherwise they’re literally worthless,  but then half the games so are my Blood Warriors so I can’t seem to find the sweet spot for my Battleline units... whether to invest in more Blood Warriors or just MSU reavers or what. 

I’ll just fast forward and at the end of my 2nd turn after he went first all that was left was SKARBRAND, a Bloodstoker, 3 Slaughterpriests and a Bloodsecrator. 

All he had remaining was 8-10 brutes (can’t quite remember), a Fungoid Cave Shaman and 2 Warchanters - SKARBRAND deleted a completely healthy MBOMK, and Blood Boil did work on the Megaboss on foot as well as some Skullreapers doing some mortal wounds both in attacks and in their death throes with Blood Boil finishing off the remaining pigs. 

Everything was almost dead and who knows if SKARBRAND + support could have killed the remaining brutes and heroes. 

I think next time I’ll do two Killing Frenzy, and drop a Blood Sacrifice. I have no summoning at the moment and I was waiting to pull a clutch charge or fight in the hero phase with Blood Tithe but I didn’t use it in all 2 turns... even though I think I was capped already. 

I missed the +1 to wound from on the Charge LoKoJ and it’s entirely possible I could replace Footboss with juggerboss. I’m at 1980/2000 points. 

I don’t know if I’m in love with the Bloodreavers but maybe Ironjawz is just a hard matchup for them. Maybe next time against Ironjawz more Blood Warriors is the answer or MSU Reavers or something. 

I didn’t get to see as much of what SKARBRAND is really capable of as I would have liked - but apparently IJs are not to be messed with, they are scary even in the hands of a noob (I suggested ways he could maximize his smashing and bashing and generally tried to actually give me a good game since for all intents and purposes I may as well have been playing myself again). 

So overall I don’t know. I would like better games and better opponents and full games played with objectives and strategy and actually see what SKARBRAND can do and what my list would be like. 

Sorry for the frustrated rambling rant. 

Skarrbrand is a fun model, but he's not very competitive. Iron jaws is a coin flip matchup for us unless we run a defensive Bloodwarriors list by stacking Bronze Flesh. Then we win 100% of the time.

Well, for units I know I always feel the need to take and love the playstyle of it's been Skullreapers and Khorgoraths, which is kind of why I'd like to see if I can try to sort out a more mobile list without relying on a Bloodsecrator. I'm going to experiment with taking a Bloodthirster along, but at the end of the day I may just leave him for summoning and bring an all mortals Skulltake list. I've got 1-2 I like and would love to see in action.

1 minute ago, Ravinsild said:

Well, for units I know I always feel the need to take and love the playstyle of it's been Skullreapers and Khorgoraths, which is kind of why I'd like to see if I can try to sort out a more mobile list without relying on a Bloodsecrator. I'm going to experiment with taking a Bloodthirster along, but at the end of the day I may just leave him for summoning and bring an all mortals Skulltake list. I've got 1-2 I like and would love to see in action.

If you take a bloodthrister, give it doppelganger cloak. Makes them waayyyyy more survivable.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

[Hindsight- after checking the tzeentch errata i literally have no idea how he got 10 fatepoints to summon. I count max of 8, not including the things I dispelled with the fleshhounds. hey ho]

5 dead Pink Horrors would have given them enough to summon 10 blues. (It’s 2 points per dead pink... but they don’t get Fate Points for failed casts. And dead pinks + cast spells might have done it?)

1 hour ago, MOMUS said:

@TheAdequateWargamer

Gow did you place overall for the weekend and can we have some close up pics of your flesh hounds?

Seconded. I’d be interested in seeing those Flesh Hounds!

• Thanks 1

So far base colours and a round of wash/shade.

Gone back over the beaks and claws.

And done one pass off green on their collars.

Not looking forward to doing the neck feathers. 

Tried greenstuffing the collar spikes, but it was a nightmare to get the shape right. Ended up using spikes clipped from spare gorefist arms from the bloodwarriors kit.

IMG_20180709_1737487.jpg.51433245e00bcc9a04cc8a2829773287.jpg

IMG_20180703_1625247.jpg.70290303db6baa18d8c5d76547ca3fba.jpg

On 8/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, mastercrafted said:

@TheAdequateWargamer

I was in the area last weekend so i popped into firestorm for the first time and had a nose around at the armies. Saw some really cool stuff, i recognise your bloodthirster with the blood base - very distinct, love it! Have yet to do an aos event, but this might be the closest one for me.

I might be mistaken, but did i see a khorne army with a stardrake model in it?

If you dont want to wait until next year there is a firestorm fours event there later in oct which looks like fun. Team event, but you dont need to signup with other people. 

Didnt see the stardrake. Stand in for a Khorne dragon perhaps?

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, AngoraDemon said:

If you take a bloodthrister, give it doppelganger cloak. Makes them waayyyyy more survivable.

toying with this idea- not 100% sold

Quite like the +2 damage combo from immense power + death dealer. you just have to pick your charge and make sure you do the hitting first.

You can defo engineer doppleganger cloak so you wont get attacked in combat, but doesnt help vs magic or shooting and your damage output isnt as high. Good for camping an objective perhaps.

Theres another item in MS that has ignore all rend modifiers that might be worth a look. Keeps you on a 4+. Maybe get you 3 rounds vs Nagash.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, tamthethird said:

@TheAdequateWargamer great report thanks! ? 

Mainly I wanted to say - YES you may have just opened the door to inexpensive, good looking flesh hounds at long last!

I have a load of gryph hounds that I’ve had no idea what to do with, but Khornifying them is definitely now on my to do list. 

What about the heads? I’ve gone in to bitz research mode now, but haven’t come up with an obvious option as yet.

Nothing against his flesh hounds but I really like these guys:

https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=259

Also if it’s just fine cast that you hate (as I do) you can get metal flesh hounds at a pretty decent price

1 hour ago, Luke1705 said:

Also if it’s just fine cast that you hate (as I do) you can get metal flesh hounds at a pretty decent price

They’re awesome sculpts... and they would be great ... unless you’re playing in a mainline GW store. Which doesn’t allow non-GW alternatives.

Which is why alternatives for Flesh-Hounds is always awesome.

The bargheist models may be too large for a 50mm base. Which is the newly designated Flesh-hound base size. (Their max size is indicated at over 65mm in length.)

Edited by TheOtherJosh

28 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

They’re awesome sculpts... and they would be great ... unless you’re playing in a mainline GW store. Which doesn’t allow non-GW alternatives.

Which is why alternatives for Flesh-Hounds is always awesome.

The bargheist models may be too large for a 50mm base. Which is the newly designated Flesh-hound base size. (Their max size is indicated at over 65mm in length.)

That’s one of the great benefits of playing this side of the pond. Almost all stores are privately owned retail locations so rule of cool always prevails. The flesh hounds might be a touch smaller but I’m sure the bargheists would fit on a 50mm base. I’m still in awe at how big those bases are

Edited by Luke1705

10 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

Cheers for the link, those look pretty sweet. 

My main thing is I already have a mountain of unused gryph hounds from various Stormcast boxes, so it would be nice to do something with them, pending the unlikely event that they suddenly become good for SCE.

Overall I hate all the GW flesh hound sculpts that are resin or metal, the only good ones are those that come with the characters. 

Anyway, the ones you suggested there are really awesome - I think if I cannot see a good option for the gryph hound conversion (and I can’t - I don’t just want to paint them up different) then the 15 pack of the Bargheists looks like a good shout.

Darren Watson is doing quite well at Pompey pillage with the below list, mainly revolves around stacking buffs on the death bringer for multiple D6 mortal wound outputting the sword of judgement

*gore pilgrims also on the list 

image.jpeg

Edited by MOMUS
  • Like 1

Does anyone use Chosen (with Mark of Khorne)? They seem to compare nicely with Skullreapers. 

30pts cheaper per 5, same stats but one less wound per model. 

Compared to the Skullreaper's Daemonblades, the Chosen Greataxe comes with +1 to hit and -1 Rend.  Skullreapers do have a better method of generating Mortals, as they're in addition rather than instead of damage caused.