AoS 2 and what it means for Destruction

Soulsmith

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is just my opinion but why are we saying that destraction will not get summoning, I can see a rule like Lizardmen, each time your warboss/boss kills you get a waaagh point for each x pts a new unit from the list shows up lured to join your waagh

Just a sugetion but perhaps summonig is free coz everyone gets it

4 hours ago, Durant said:

It is just my opinion but why are we saying that destraction will not get summoning, I can see a rule like Lizardmen, each time your warboss/boss kills you get a waaagh point for each x pts a new unit from the list shows up lured to join your waagh

Just a sugetion but perhaps summonig is free coz everyone gets it

Cause Destruction never had summoning in the past ;)

But we have some renforceiment mechanic (Ardfist and Bonegrinz warclan)

i'm not sure the Celestial conjuration is allegiance ability. I was under the impression it was under the AoS2 corebook (so it can be used in open, narrative or matched play). Let's hope i'm wrong about this.

A summoning mechanic for BCR would make a lot of sense, I think, as more wander out of the following storm.

Don't know exactly why, but I'm real excited to see what's coming despite Destruction getting little attention so far. Hoping for some new opportunities for Grots, Greenskinz, Troggoths and Gargants in particular.

7 minutes ago, broche said:

i'm not sure the Celestial conjuration is allegiance ability. I was under the impression it was under the AoS2 corebook (so it can be used in open, narrative or matched play). Let's hope i'm wrong about this.

The way that I read their ability it's definately an allegiance ability. If you look at how they word it it always refers to Seraphon and it's mentioned in their faction focus. For example

The biggest change to Seraphon.....the Seraphon going forward.....

....units of Seraphon.....Slann General....

To summon Seraphon, you’ll need....a Slann general..

It all looks like a new allegiance ability for Seraphon to replace their ****** teleport. Honestly the less teleports in the game the better imo.

I don't understand your argument. "Seraphon" and "Slann General" aren't specific to match play, it's warscroll/game rules information... but let's wait anyway.

I'll take teleporting units anytime before free point. I can kill teleported stuff. They are not coming back. Playing against 2500 pts is much more difficult handicap.

10 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

A summoning mechanic for BCR would make a lot of sense, I think, as more wander out of the following storm.

Don't know exactly why, but I'm real excited to see what's coming despite Destruction getting little attention so far. Hoping for some new opportunities for Grots, Greenskinz, Troggoths and Gargants in particular.

What would they summon though? Ogors aren't magic created like ghosts, demons or seraphon.

1 hour ago, broche said:

What stops you from using Allegiance abilities in narrative or open play games?  Matched play is the most restrictive subset of rules.  The other types of games and more like loose organizational frameworks where you choose which GW supplied rules or your own house rules that you want to apply to the game.  Allegiance abilities are neat and GW usually tries to infuse some character of the army into them - so they seem like they would be great tools for Narrative or Open games to me.

1 hour ago, broche said:

Allegiance abilities are used in open, narrative and matched play.  It's just Allies that are only used in matched play.

51 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

What would they summon though? Ogors aren't magic created like ghosts, demons or seraphon.

The mechanic does not have to represent magically making stuff appear.  It could represent calling in reinforcements or some other similar concept.

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Allegiance abilities are used in open, narrative and matched play.  It's just Allies that are only used in matched play.

Yeah i misexpressed myself, i just meant they were under the matched play section. I was under the impression that AoS 2 corebook would bring new ability to faction and most faction would keep allegiance and artefact from GHB17 and that summoning mechanics would be part of core rule (like it was before), but it seem it's will not the case. From the Artefact article they just posted it seem the core book will include stuff about realm and anything about allegiance will be in GHB18.

Haha it's still a bit of a misunderstanding of what goes where.  Allegiance abilities aren't "under the matched play section", although they come after the matched play section in the book.  There are four sections in the Generals Handbook.

1 - Open Play

2 - Narrative Play

3 - Matched Play (This includes the Rules of One, the 6 battleplans, and the matched play profiles (ie. points and allies and battlefield roles) for all the warscrolls/factions. )

4 - Forces of the Realms (Allegiance abilities are in here.)

25 minutes ago, broche said:

Yeah i misexpressed myself, i just meant they were under the matched play section. I was under the impression that AoS 2 corebook would bring new ability to faction and most faction would keep allegiance and artefact from GHB17 and that summoning mechanics would be part of core rule (like it was before), but it seem it's will not the case. From the Artefact article they just posted it seem the core book will include stuff about realm and anything about allegiance will be in GHB18.

I got the impression that we might see generic Allegiance abilities for the main Grand Alliances moved into the core rulebook (maybe - they did hint at this once), but otherwise the army allegiance rules would remain in the General's Handbook.  But I could very much be wrong about this - it's not like any of us really know for certain what is going to happen aside from GW making more products to try to sell to us.

I think we will see WAAAGH battletome soon or something like it. GW didnt give any info about destruction many days and just joking when some one ask about it in facebook.

My prediction:

Battletome announce: +- 4 days from aos 2.0 release date 

Miniature range review at 30 june at Open Day. 

Why i think what we will get WAAAHG battletome?

1 80% of grand alliance need update! 

2 50+% of grand alliance miniatures is failcast or metal! They can update some miniatures and release rules for them! First of all i think about grot artillery after rope picture in rumour engine

3 We dont have ANY info expect Ironjawz from GW in faction reviews! They dont show even bonesplitters faction focus! 

@Imperial I hope you are right, and we are going to get a big winning streak of Destruction reveals.  

But the pattern so far is that they are doing a Faction Focus for everyone who got Allegiance Abilities in GH17, or a book in between.

It looks to me like that someone decided on what constitutes a list of Factions to cover by going through the contents page of GH17, and looking at the books released since.

And since Destruction got close to zero support in either case, that's why we aren't seeing any attention.

That being said, maybe that's what they've done up to this point, and once they've worked through the few more remaining (Idoneth?),  they will move on to the stuff that hasn't had support so far but will in future.  Come on, Gutbusters Allegiance Abilities, and Battletome Moonclan Grots!

Guys, the grot faction focus has been leaked. You're welcome!

With some tweaks to summoning just announced, we thought it was high time we checked out the Grots in another Faction Focus – read on for lore, some tips from a veteran warboss and a look at what the new edition brings, from major changes to spells to a newfound way to squeeze some more models into your army.

The Grots fight alongside Ironjaws in pursuit of destruction and that, providing comic relief in the lore, and easy victories for opponents at tournaments.

Warhammer Community: What attracted you to the Grots?

Alleged Grot Player: Well I really enjoyed the cool battalions they had in 2016-17, and the cool abilities that Skarsnik gave them, it felt like a great thematic army that I could identify with and have fun with. It was then disappointing that GW decided t-

Warhammer Community: Great to hear you love Grots and want to buy some more Grots! 

The opening of the Sacrosanct Chamber is excellent news for the Grots as well. Previously, your army would have had no access to battle victories at all, but we think you’ll find the opportunity to grab a starter box invaluable – you'll be able to play against your Grots by yourself without the need for friends!

That’s not to mention the other changes that’ll benefit the Grots in the new edition – like using your mighty shamans to cast deadly spells - how about casting Spore Maw through an Umbral Portal to nosh on a wizard at the other side for a mortal wound! Or more changes we’re still to announce. Make sure to check back tomorrow, when we’ll be taking a closer look at the battleshock phase, where we've found ways to remove your Grots from the table faster to speed up games.

9 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Guys, the grot faction focus has been leaked. You're welcome!

With some tweaks to summoning just announced, we thought it was high time we checked out the Grots in another Faction Focus – read on for lore, some tips from a veteran warboss and a look at what the new edition brings, from major changes to spells to a newfound way to squeeze some more models into your army.

The Grots fight alongside Ironjaws in pursuit of destruction and that, providing comic relief in the lore, and easy victories for opponents at tournaments.

Warhammer Community: What attracted you to the Grots?

Alleged Grot Player: Well I really enjoyed the cool battalions they had in 2016-17, and the cool abilities that Skarsnik gave them, it felt like a great thematic army that I could identify with and have fun with. It was then disappointing that GW decided t-

Warhammer Community: Great to hear you love Grots and want to buy some more Grots! 

The opening of the Sacrosanct Chamber is excellent news for the Grots as well. Previously, your army would have had no access to battle victories at all, but we think you’ll find the opportunity to grab a starter box invaluable – you'll be able to play against your Grots by yourself without the need for friends!

That’s not to mention the other changes that’ll benefit the Grots in the new edition – like using your mighty shamans to cast deadly spells - how about casting Spore Maw through an Umbral Portal to nosh on a wizard at the other side for a mortal wound! Or more changes we’re still to announce. Make sure to check back tomorrow, when we’ll be taking a closer look at the battleshock phase, where we've found ways to remove your Grots from the table faster to speed up games.

Where you find it? And no info about changes?! 

I am now holding my breath for the weekend..... What with the virtual silence around Destruction for the last couple of weeks and UK Games Expo  happening this weekend I am expecting there to be a massive drop of news, figures and teasers for the new Destruction release, not unlike the Deepkin reveal.

My hope is that it is just as way out there as the Deepkin was. 

Am I living in a deluded world of fantasy, hell yes 

13 hours ago, Imperial said:

I think we will see WAAAGH battletome soon or something like it. GW didnt give any info about destruction many days and just joking when some one ask about it in facebook.

My prediction:

Battletome announce: +- 4 days from aos 2.0 release date 

Miniature range review at 30 june at Open Day. 

Why i think what we will get WAAAHG battletome?

1 80% of grand alliance need update! 

2 50+% of grand alliance miniatures is failcast or metal! They can update some miniatures and release rules for them! First of all i think about grot artillery after rope picture in rumour engine

3 We dont have ANY info expect Ironjawz from GW in faction reviews! They dont show even bonesplitters faction focus! 

I hope so! Pete Foley made it a point to release 40k codexs at a fast and furious rate in order to balance the game.  They went from indexes (equivalent of the 4 Grand Alliance books) to nearly all factions having codexes. That process has only taken 9ish months. The only major factions without codexs by my count are Orks and Space Wolves and the rumor is that they are holding off on Orks to time it with a huge model release to update their older stuff.

Pete Foley surely has more influence on the AoS side than in the past. Heck AoS was probably a test run of streamlining the LOTR rules to WFB and then ported to 40k 8th ed. I think AoS will see rapid battletome releases for umbrella armies like LoN, a Waaahg battletome, and maybe something like a Great Cities battletome to bundle alot of the armies that have GH2 abilities such as wanderers, free people, dispossessed,  priateers into Tempest’s Eye,  Hammerhal, Anvilgard, Living city. (I view GH alliance abilities as stop gaps, parallel with index stratagems until an armies codex stratagems are released.)

Then we will see targeted releases in line with the new AOS aesthetics such as Moonclan, Nighthaught, DoK, Slaanesh, Darkoath, Deepkin, Malerion Dark elves, and Brothers Light elves.

I'm just wish listing but I don't feel like the above is crazy talk and I expect at least half of it to happen.

32 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I think AoS will see rapid battletome releases for umbrella armies like LoN, a Waaahg battletome, and maybe something like a Great Cities battletome to bundle alot of the armies that have GH2 abilities such as wanderers, free people, dispossessed,  priateers into Tempest’s Eye,  Hammerhal, Anvilgard, Living city.

God I hope you're right, I need a Grot Soup tome so much. So, so much. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/03/3rd-june-faction-focus-grotsgw-homepage-post-3/

I was a little let down with the Grot faction focus today. I feel like its instilling Grots of all kinds, including moonclan, to the ally role for at least some time longer. Any expectation of a LoN style tome will probably have to wait till early next year paralleling the Death releases. 

What are your guys feelings?

Act like you’ve got them spread across your army when in fact every single unit is packed into one, grot-shaped ticking time bomb. Even if your opponent wins, their very psyche will be torn asunder by your deceptions.

Man I get that some people are taking AoS not very serious. But imagine someones anwser to how the new toyota is going to be , was that it may go up in flames 9 out of 10 times, but at least the flames arepatrician shade of cobalt blue and not some pleb red/yellow.

Well all one can do is wait and do what mr Sherriff says. Play soup and wait for a battle tome.

Archived