Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

5 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

It’s hard to know of this is worth it or not...

BE73791F-1A22-4A0E-B62B-4730DDE2BD65.jpeg

I guess that answers how the question about how armies without access to many battalions will get command points. I don't know if I'd build an army specifically to free up points to spend on command points, but if anything it's nice for the those 1930 and 1940 points lists where there's nothing to take cheaper than 80 points.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

This would be a very welcome addition. With the way units are priced in AoS, more often than not I end up with not reaching the points limit. 

Also, now you can choose to field less units which in turn have a higher potential in performing combos. 

3 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

50 points per command point seems fair.  Gives people an option , plus lets you build toward specific combos if that is your wish.  Plus it helps fill out weird pointed lists. Overall seems good.

I could definitely see the choice of whether to throw in a mostly useless hero to fill out a list or take the command points becoming a big question in list building. I suspect it will come down to the abilities of your other heroes and if command points will be usable for anything else.

This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing that there will be a fairly robust "command point economy," with CP coming not just from the sources we've already read about, but from magic, from actions on the battlefield, from other sources. And that there will be more than one way to erase or possibly even "steal" CP from your opponent's pool.

12 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

What i get from that is xx95pt, will points be that granular now?  does this suggest you can fill units by the model possibly? could be interesting.

16 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Okay after reading this all of my concerns about extra command points battalions have been abolished. 

Many battalions cost 100-160 points. So you could just take no battalions and instead get 3 extra command points or you take a battalion but get 1 command point for the points you have invested in the battalions. 

This seems very fair to me. If you also buy artifacts, weapons or abilities for command points there are so many new options now.

I really like it this way. Now I am very excited about what you can spend command points on besides command abilities.

3 minutes ago, stato said:

What i get from that is xx95pt, will points be that granular now?  does this suggest you can fill units by the model possibly? could be interesting.

Wow, I completely missed that. That would solve one of the bigger gripes I've had with AoS. 

4 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Okay after reading this all of my concerns about extra command points battalions have been abolished. 

Many battalions cost 100-160 points. So you could just take no battalions and instead get 3 extra command points or you take a battalion but get 1 command point for the points you have invested in the battalions. 

This seems very fair to me. If you also buy artifacts, weapons or abilities for command points there are so many new options now.

I really like it this way. Now I am very excited about what you can spend command points on besides command abilities.

Yeah this actually makes it really interesting- a combination of command abilities or a battalion for a given number of points? Really interesting choice before every game! 

Wow, the same rule I wishlisted about 15 pages ago thinking it'll never happen. Very nice addition. 

What comes to summoning, I quite liked the "sideboard" system that we still have for Seraphon and Chaos. The spells were just bit hard to cast and there was never enough wizards to pull it off properly, but the idea is nice. 

I find it curious that they have talked about two of the most aggresive melee armies and they haven't taken the chance to even mention combat changes, considering it would be a pretty big part of how the armies would play out in the new edition, but instead decided to focus on a spell for Ironjawz and on the command points for Khorne, specially when they talked about stacking command abilities just yesterday with Nurgle.

5 minutes ago, smucreo said:

I find it curious that they have talked about two of the most aggresive melee armies and they haven't taken the chance to even mention combat changes, considering it would be a pretty big part of how the armies would play out in the new edition, but instead decided to focus on a spell for Ironjawz and on the command points for Khorne, specially when they talked about stacking command abilities just yesterday with Nurgle.

Let's wait for the KO faction focus. You cannot get chargier then KO! (In the new edition!?)

Ok... This latest Khorne army preview, along with the Slaanesh preview (hinting at summoning being resource starved in other ways) really has me wondering how they could make FEC work. 

A ton of our heroes have a summon mechanic associated with command abilities. They often allow summoning quite expensive 100+p units and even heroes for a single command point. If holding back on 50p allows you to summon those units to daisy chain summoning, it would be too broken. o.O

Really looking forward to that faction focus article then.

2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Anyone notice the points?  1895...

There isn't a unit that ends in 5 currently..

Points per model ?

Yeah i mentioned it above, i wonder if its just half units and not down to per-model?  Or maybe theyve just been very picky with unit points costs (and made the best combos 2,005pt ?)

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Anyone notice the points?  1895...

There isn't a unit that ends in 5 currently..

Points per model ?

Or maybe some units goes by the /5 rather then /10....

Like, just an example, Hammerers goes from 180 for 10 of them to 135 for 10. Not wishlisting here, just for let you undestand. Def not wishlisting... ?

Someone on FB mentioned a potential issue with the command points from being undercosted. It looks like faction specific summoning is becoming free, but what about scenery like the balewind vortex? Will reinforcement points be removed, or will someone be able to start with 1900 points (+2 CP) and then fill up those extra 100 with a summoned balewind? Time will tell, but I am curious.

Archived