Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

I'm saying that better communication stops this imagination train running off the rails. You will never stop it, but you can mitigate it by more intelligent and wider engagement .

I don't think rampant speculation is that big of an issue. It mostly happens in just a small corner of the community, and most people seem to know what they're getting into.

There's no faction focus today. I guess they're done with them and that means the rest of the factions are getting squatted in AoS2e.

35 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Omg can Nagash be enthralled?  ?

AoSRealms-May30-Beastcaller7e.jpg

Only in the combat phase ... but that could be brutal against Daemon Princes ... Melee Based LoC, Slaughterbrutes etc.

We will potentially have more points of differentiation between armies, and a wider variety of tactical options.

Haha it feels to me like they initially were like "Normal Men?  Nah, too boring."  But then they realized that they needed normal boring Men narratively, and so they are correcting course (rather than doubling down) and embracing normal boring Men back into the fold.  This is great.

1 minute ago, calcysimon said:

Still beastclaw, dispossessed, greenskins to go

And Moonclan ?

I think all GHB17 will get a look at and then the ones they will give some love in GHB18...I'm half hoping moonclan isn't mentioned unless it's a book reveal for late summer/autumn 

love that the article strongly encourages (indicates a requirement?) representing magic items on the models.

While I've never held others to the standard, I've always tried to do this on my models. I think it's a really nice touch (not to mention it helps me to remember to use the items I've paid for!).

19 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

love that the article strongly encourages (indicates a requirement?) representing magic items on the models.

While I've never held others to the standard, I've always tried to do this on my models. I think it's a really nice touch (not to mention it helps me to remember to use the items I've paid for!).

I have done this a lot simply because it is fun for modeling, but I don't think this will ever be a requirement.  You could make the case that a magic item is simply a lucky pebble your character keeps in his pocket or some other decorative thing already on the model itself.  Magic items are functionally just extra rules you can toss onto a character.  In that regard they are not really different from spells and there is no requirement to model which spells a wizard has.

Magic items are also prone to change between editions of the General's Handbook and new editions of the game - which would then render models invalid if there was a rule requiring for magic items to be displayed onto the model (GW would also probably have to make bits for most of the magic items).  I have plenty of goblin heros that I modeled to have various magic items from older versions of the game that now don't have much of a purpose - such as one with the 'Ead-Kickin boots.  Now that guy is basically just a big goblin with huge clown shoes that have no in-game purpose.

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

"The event was clinched by Jack Armstrong’s Vanguard Wing"

I think that this is the kind of list that I want to disapear in AoS 2...

I suspect Vanguard Wing will be no more; I noticed earlier today on the AoS App that the Warscroll for that Battalion and a few others were listed as unavailable (Drakesworn Temple, Extremis Chamber, Lightning Echelon, Thunderstrike Brotherhood, Thunderwave Echelon, and Wardens of the Realmgate were the others.)

39 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I have plenty of goblin heros that I modeled to have various magic items from older versions of the game that now don't have much of a purpose - such as one with the 'Ead-Kickin boots.  Now that guy is basically just a big goblin with huge clown shoes that have no in-game purpose.

I have a Night Goblin Warboss on Giant Cave Squig, pulling a baby Squig out of a cowboy hat (ie. modelled with a Wizard Hat from 8th Ed.). He hasn't been rebased for AoS yet hahahaha

7 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I have a Night Goblin Warboss on Giant Cave Squig, pulling a baby Squig out of a cowboy hat (ie. modelled with a Wizard Hat from 8th Ed.). He hasn't been rebased for AoS yet hahahaha

I used the Wizarding Hat in 8th edition on my Warboss as well.  But, the model I used for that was my general from a number of older editions when the Crown of Command still existed as a generic magic item was pretty much a must-have for certain armies like Goblins.  The Crown of Command was removed at one point as a generic item, but crown modeled onto my general still visually made sense for the Wizarding Hat.  That magic item was a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Jamopower said:

It seems that the command points aren't so precious they first appeared to be as there looks to be lots of ways to get more of them. 

It is not surprising to see an ability to recycle them.  There are a few abilities in 40k that can potentially save or recycle command points.

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I have plenty of goblin heros that I modeled to have various magic items from older versions of the game

Remember the Crown of Command? My gobbo warboss took it. I painted "follow me!" on it. Fun times.

I hear ya on what items "could" be, and I'll admit things like rings are tricky, but I look at the items as I do at equipment. Your argument could apply to normal things too - a shield is just a rule giving a save reroll (or whatever) at the end of the day. A crossbow and a longbow have different rules, yet we b expect our models to represent them differently. It's really at the core of our hobby wargame - what the models look like matters so we can tell at a glance what their rules are.

Yes, sometimes modeled equipment goes out of the game. Back in 3rd edition, undead had skeleton crossbowmen. There was no model, so I bought 40 plastic crossbows and converted them. Next edition, they were gone.

3rd also had a compulsory unit of skeletons with scythes (something about the very embodiment of death, the grim reaper). Later editions removed the option (and I had 80 of those painted).

Obsolescence is part of it hobby, so I don't let that put me off representing my magic items "properly." Besides, oh no, I guess I just have to paint more cool models for new items. Shucks darn. ?

Also, now we -do- have models for spells. ?

9 hours ago, Trayanee said:

It's not 760 points you have available from start. Units summoned turn 5 may attempt one lucky 9" charge and that's it. Turn 4 summons may move once and considering they will appear 12" from Slann, who has to hide himself the whole game, they have a long journey ahead and so on. Its really easy to call it free 760 points but the reality is vastly different

At turn 5 you summon skinks onto the objective. Summoning is really strong and you are almost certainly going to have 300 or so more points than your opponent by turn 3 even by half assing it. Going hypothetical crazy man you could generate an average 18 points a turn. No seraphon army will need to start with a dread saurian, but all of them will have one turn 2 if they want. The only way to stop this is to be an alpha strike army

Archived